00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Concept Art!

118,183 Views | 609 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 12:02:12

At 11/25/01 07:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since Pico went through several redesigns before a final version was decided on for Pico 2, I thought it would be cool to show everyone the different Pico concepts that were under consideration! This will be the official thread for people to discuss Pico's new look.

CHECK OUT THE PICO CONCEPT ART!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 12:03:17

mmm...

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 12:07:22

"I agree with someguy. A Pico fighting game with the JGR style would kick some major ass. Tom dude, please consider when your done with Pico 2."

>>>Hmmmm, creating this game would present many obstacles and would be quite risky if you ask me.

As a newcomer here I didnt really know what to expect when my friend gave me the URL but I love this site. Then I heard so much about Pico and how hyped up it was

*L* My cousin and I actually stayed up one night and tried to defeat that fornicating bear in the blue house. Now thats a gold moment.

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 12:17:59

Tom I say you go for it and release the .swa file.
Aside from the unstoppable crap that will fill the portal, a lot of the great developers out there are sure to make something unmissable.
go on, you know you want to

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 13:22:49

At 11/26/01 08:56 PM, scottmac321 wrote: one more thing anime is (hard to beleive) not a drawing it is never put on paper, only bad anime or real caroons are, anime is done on computer...

What the hell are you talking about?
Japanese anime only really began to use computers within the last few years. Primarily it is used for coloring because cels are so expensive. The only commercially released (non 3D) anime made entirely with the computer is Blood: The Last Vampire and the drawings were still done by hand.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 15:03:27

At 11/27/01 06:52 AM, FEAR wrote: I agree with someguy. A Pico fighting game with the JGR style would kick some major ass. Tom dude, please consider when your done with Pico 2.

Something that plays like Power Stone 2 would be pretty sweet... I really want to show Pico 2 to Rockstar Games and see if we can get some development deal for a 3D Pico for XBox. The more I think about it, the more I think Pico can move into 3D... The cell-shading art would translate great, and games like Devil May Cry and GTA3 have been really inspirational.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 15:04:32

At 11/27/01 09:31 AM, Brandon_Dutton wrote: How `bout I make a "Pico(BD style) flash movie and see if ya like it tom, huh.

Give it a shot! :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 15:35:53

Jose Ortiz style was the perfect style....Zeebarf looked good.......Using OTAKU Stalyte was wortheless to pico2......NG Style is cool to but pico needs a new style.....
Thats all from me Sicopico666

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 15:53:50

COOL! the new pico designs kick ass! just remember, everyone has high expectations from you...

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 16:10:59

At 11/25/01 07:41 PM, Junobar wrote: I think the best one was the anime one, yet they all look somewhat good. I also liked the final Pico.

Same here!!!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 16:34:23

Awesome Tom!!
Thanks for showing us those profiles, that was really cool.
No matter how many times I see Jose's art, it never fails to impress the hell out of me. That dude is god!!
Anyways, cant wait to see what you guys pull off on t his new Pico series. Its gonna rule!!
PBM

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-27 18:30:50

Hey Tom, just an idea, but wouldn't it be cool if you had to log into the game, and your profile level determined the amount of hp and weapons that you would get. Grounds Gold baby!
Also make sure that you have a phat A55 soundtrack for diss game.

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 03:00:34

Good choice!! Very sweet. Can't wait to see the finished game.. Pico was the first game that introduced me to this site.. Keep up the good work.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 04:02:18

no offense but the early new picos sucked the new pico looks kool but i think you should keep a but more to the original pico but i like this one too keep up the good work

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 04:31:21

At 11/29/01 04:02 AM, JAKKED wrote: no offense but the early new picos sucked the new pico looks kool but i think you should keep a but more to the original pico but i like this one too keep up the good work

The second last concept was surelly tha better. Hope it' get big-full animations with these because it's a little bit crappy when it got only 4 frames for each movements... like the last pico and disoderly. They were certainly the best games(in flash)i played in my life but it stay a bit to... ""stucky"" : not much movements... i don't know if you understand anyway. It could be more flowing in the movements.

Anyway it stay a sugestion because after all your are the real master in Flash!

Teach me master Teach me! ^_^

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 05:41:11

At 11/29/01 04:31 AM, Fultos wrote: The second last concept was surelly tha better. Hope it' get big-full animations with these because it's a little bit crappy when it got only 4 frames for each movements... like the last pico and disoderly. They were certainly the best games(in flash)i played in my life but it stay a bit to... ""stucky"" : not much movements... i don't know if you understand anyway. It could be more flowing in the movements.

Well the upside to Pico 2 is that Jose is doing some AMAZING frame-by-frame animation, so it is very Disney-esque. The downside is that it will be reflected in the file size... Which will be shooting past the 5 meg mark by the time the game is done.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 07:54:02

Make the game run as fast as possible.

Also, with this post! I at this time, now have my name on all the topics (about 20) on the list! Mwahahahahahahahahhaha!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 08:38:58

Dude that's kool. Ya if Mario can change style than any1 can.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 11:11:58

I really like the new look of Pico.
The outlook,u really couldnt decide which to go with,but the Calvin &Hobbes looks fits.
And great noting on the cel-shading.
^_^ Itll be the best you've done ever.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 14:50:10

:Hey Tom, just an idea, but wouldn't it be cool if you had to log into the game, and your profile level determined the amount of hp and weapons that you would get. Grounds Gold baby!:

That'd be a good idea, but somewhat unfair. What'd be better is if there was a database that kept track of statistics for each player so you would have the same stats whenever you played, and would keep bonuses you got. But I don't even know if that's possible, so...

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 17:22:53

Cool!!

I'm glad that alot of you liked the new design...
I gotta tell ya..It wasn't easy at first:)
I kept going back and playing the first Pico, and watching his reactions, and remarks...
And I feel I was able to upgrade his look without losing any of the innocence and charm, that oozed out of the first incantation..He's still the timid little smartass, that kicks ass when he has too:)

And Tom is incredible..So Far he has managed to incorporate every Crazy scenerio he has come up with, into the game...and Its also an amazing experience to see this come together like it has...

Believe me , you guys will be pleased:)

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-29 21:47:36

At 11/27/01 03:03 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/27/01 06:52 AM, FEAR wrote: I agree with someguy. A Pico fighting game with the JGR style would kick some major ass. Tom dude, please consider when your done with Pico 2.
Something that plays like Power Stone 2 would be pretty sweet... I really want to show Pico 2 to Rockstar Games and see if we can get some development deal for a 3D Pico for XBox. The more I think about it, the more I think Pico can move into 3D... The cell-shading art would translate great, and games like Devil May Cry and GTA3 have been really inspirational.

-Tom

That would be the sweetest thing ever to happen to newgrounds. Not only would it make a kickass game for a kickass console, but were talking major advertisement for Newgrounds.

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 01:20:00

At 11/26/01 08:57 PM, THECLAW242 wrote: as i recall earlier in the year you mentioned something about updating pico. so sometime before you updated pico, i got bored and drew this little rendition of pico. tell me, is it decent? i know it doesnt compare to oritz's version but would it at least make a good pico?

no, its bad. hopefully ur in grade school.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 04:33:30

At 11/25/01 07:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since Pico went through several redesigns before a final version was decided on for Pico 2, I thought it would be cool to show everyone the different Pico concepts that were under consideration! This will be the official thread for people to discuss Pico's new look.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 04:36:34

THE OLD PICO IS WAY BETTER. NEW PICO SUCKS!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 04:38:47

your wrong it sucks compared to the old pico

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 04:49:26

I'm really torn on this one: part of me says to stay with the original Pico, but the other part knows the new one is going to push the boundries of what we have seen from flash, like disorderly did. I guess the reason I am so attached to pico is because of what he represents on a level of actuall flash creation. Tom referred to the original Pico being limited by his artistic abilities. But where he sees that as a limit I see it as a testimant to all the other flash creators who can make kickass movies and games without complicated graphics. The principle is "Less is more". It's the same reason why we find emulation of old video game systems so entertaining. And making such a simple yet addicting and fun game as the original Pico which inheirently latches to our tastes along with a fresh reflection on the current state of society (as opposed to mario or zelda who didn't really reflect too well on the state of things in the real world in the mid 80's) is what made Pico the unique phenomenon that it was.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 07:36:15

The "Calvin N Hobbes" Pico is amaziNG!!!!!! I can't wait for the game.....
PS. Does anyone know where I can download the Pico Techno remixes? I used to have two on my computer but it got erased. Please email me at jersey05fda@yahoo.com if you know the answer.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 18:03:22

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2001-11-30 20:45:46

Honestly I like the version that Zebarf did the best, the little big of aging did great things. Not only does it more realistic in a time line. Also if you make pico age a lil more his mindset could mature too.
But I'd also like to just keep the old pico.

Pico Concept Art!