00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Concept Art!

118,062 Views | 609 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-01-27 20:25:32

At 11/26/01 11:47 PM, Kocazn wrote: I like you

Your getting off topic

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-01-27 20:32:02

At 1/17/02 10:58 PM, Dark_Jetz wrote: I really liked the last one but the anime one was just ummm.... kinda not too good not too bad just that the eyes were a bit out of shape..... i kinda liked the more teenage style still like u said, it was a bit too old for pico's age

Don't give me the finger you asshole!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-01-27 20:33:15

At 11/27/01 12:03 PM, JavaShrine wrote: mmm...

What!? Speak up!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-02 04:32:27

At 11/25/01 08:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/25/01 08:30 PM, Beefcakebandit wrote: It's clear to see that Pico have grown up a bit for his next adventure.
The Anime is missing that force that Pico had.
And the zeebarf figures is too cartoonish.
I admit that the old Pico & co may need a rest, but i sure will miss 'em.
And i bet that we all will, with time, grow to like the new style just as much.

The cross ? I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT BROTHER !!!
I'm actually tossing around the idea of releasing an .FLA with all the original Pico characters and accessories (word bubbles, etc.), so people can make their own fun Pico adventures. I'd just hope they would upload them to NG. :)

-Tom

If you consider doing it, DO IT PLEASE!! It would be GREAT fun to make your own pico andventure and then submit it... hahaha, anyhow, if you ain´t posting here, mail me plz: johan.ryde@chello.se , thank you!

- J.R

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-02 08:34:30

cool man! it is the one! but when is pico 2 being released?

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-02 14:30:56

it has been a loooong time since i posted about Pico designs. well some liked my rendition, some didnt. you are entitled to your opinions. anyway i wish the best of luck to Tom and Jose with completing their game. Now i shalt go work on my video game. man, making a 32bit, 3D game is tough... but well worth it.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-02 22:47:32

Cant wait! Great pictures. Yup. Definately...

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-06 03:32:59

At 11/25/01 07:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since Pico went through several redesigns before a final version was decided on for Pico 2, I thought it would be cool to show everyone the different Pico concepts that were under consideration! This will be the official thread for people to discuss Pico's new look.

CHECK OUT THE PICO CONCEPT ART!

Nice work! The filesize scares me through

Pico Concept Art!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-07 14:51:14

At 11/25/01 07:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: CHECK OUT THE PICO CONCEPT ART!

Dear "Bob", those rule (except the Kawaii Pico, that's just scary). I dig the C&H style, and the Jet Grind Radio look. Pretty sweet.

I've noticed a lot of stuff about a Pico fighting game in this thread... Well, I've dabbled a bit with a fighting game engine called MUGEN. Perhaps you've heard of it? I would kill to be allowed to make MUGEN characters of Pico, Nene, and Darnell. All I'd need is Tom and Jose to give me permission and art.

To find out more about MUGEN, go to http://www.elecbyte.com

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-08 03:31:31

heres picos makeover

Pico Concept Art!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-09 01:02:14

At 11/25/01 07:20 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since Pico went through several redesigns before a final version was decided on for Pico 2, I thought it would be cool to show everyone the different Pico concepts that were under consideration! This will be the official thread for people to discuss Pico's new look.

It's pretty cool, being a fan of Calvin and Hobbes. :)
It's really different but laments it well....

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-09 05:49:09

At 1/6/02 12:36 AM, DUDE4U wrote:
At 12/29/01 08:18 AM, -superBD21- wrote:

Oh, is that why you said that, i`m sorry...
Fuck off dumbass

I`m not joking :*( sorry.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-09 07:52:05

i think that the new pico is great and i think you should make many more pico games.....if you make the game like gta 3 it may seem good but it would be too common....so i think you should make it....but make the characters cartoons and the background 3d as it will ad depth to the game

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-10 03:54:55

DOPE this looks really sweet . cant wait till its done , cause this looks kick ass

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-11 08:16:17

What do I think about the re-design of Pico?

I think Ortiz just keeps on kicking ass.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-12 23:17:25

...cool.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-21 12:57:33

Great art Tom

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-21 20:05:31

This is going to rock, Pico was what got me hooked on Newgrounds in the first place and I have a feeling Pico 2 will keep me here!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-22 18:01:48

I like the new pico. The fisrt place I saw the face was in the voting pannels. I thought he looked familiar. Well I can't wait to play the game. When is the release date? Soon I hope

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-27 08:22:35

the old pico should wipe my ass and lick my balls....but ofcourse hed just shoot me.
i like the second from the last,how they look like teens...maybe you should keep it that way...if none likes it...then i guess you can go back to mak him look younger again.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-28 02:43:24

At 11/29/01 05:22 PM, OrtizAnimationZ wrote: Cool!!

I'm glad that alot of you liked the new design...
I gotta tell ya..It wasn't easy at first:)
I kept going back and playing the first Pico, and watching his reactions, and remarks...
And I feel I was able to upgrade his look without losing any of the innocence and charm, that oozed out of the first incantation..He's still the timid little smartass, that kicks ass when he has too:)

And Tom is incredible..So Far he has managed to incorporate every Crazy scenerio he has come up with, into the game...and Its also an amazing experience to see this come together like it has...

Believe me , you guys will be pleased:)

Is it just me, or has that guy in your animation had his hair cut? Am I going crazy? Do you ctually use 2 different animations? Or were you just embedding a pic from a site, which you've changed?

I did really like your Pico 2 pics on paper, but I'm not too sure about the way he's animated.

I'm presuming that the animation that runs when Pico stands still after you vote was done by you...

I dunno. It just looks like his whole body is pulsating and like he's some sort of wierd space alien thing with an extending neck or something or a head that changes size. I mean, standing totally static may be a bad idea, and ...

basically, it's the head/neck bit that really puts me off.

Look at it and tell me if you see what I mean!

Please...

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-02-28 03:31:17

At 11/29/01 05:41 AM, TomFulp wrote: Well the upside to Pico 2 is that Jose is doing some AMAZING frame-by-frame animation, so it is very Disney-esque. The downside is that it will be reflected in the file size... Which will be shooting past the 5 meg mark by the time the game is done.

-Tom

Hmmm...

I was thinking about this for a bit. If something's really big, and takes ages to download, and then keeps you entertained for ages, it becomes less and less of a web medium.

I don't think I'm explaining myself too well, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

Anyway, my point (if I have one) was that maybe you should make a bit of an effort to make it a web thing, and you could make it so that if it loads the places in the order that wego to them and the first bit is a tough boss that people won't be able to beat for ages... kinda like a pre-loader I suppose.

Actually, just ignore me. I'm just rambling on, and you're tha man.

You do what you think will work best.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-01 11:00:53

he he! i just cant wait!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-03 18:23:37

The concept art for Pico 2 looks brilliant, and i'm really looking forward to playing it when it is posted on the net, it looks as if it is going to be a perfect sequel to a top game. I have one question, which is, how do you do great looking art for your games on flash 5? all my art on it is crap. cheers
xero7

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-06 23:00:57

OK i like the way pico used to look. Now you make him look like some faggot. Just leave him the way he is.

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-07 21:03:49

Pico 2 is gonna rock the conpept art so far is outstanding nice work ORTIZ your an amazing flash animator!!!!!!! All that is left to say is that i cannot wait for pico 2!!!!

Oh ya Newdgrounds is amazing i love the babe in the tank !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pico Concept Art!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-08 20:01:58

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! All blam club members this is URGENT!!!!!!! i need to have ur names and emails and i need to know how to instant message u....so pleaze send an email to robert69rpc69@yahoo.com if you don't email me then you won't be part of the blam club and you won't get the knowledge that ur in the club.....so once again i say.......this is URGENT!!!!! you have till the end of the month to email me to get your names in....if you can thanks and i appreciate it.....and if you don't have time then tooooo bad for ur ass.....well thanks for ur time...also i would like to thank all the people that join up.....if ur already a member then u need to email me.....EMAIL ME BLAM CLUB MEMBERS

vice president
Robert

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-09 20:18:52

The last one looks the best

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-11 18:11:42

At 11/26/01 10:11 PM, SHIZNIC wrote:
At 11/26/01 08:57 PM, THECLAW242 wrote: as i recall earlier in the year you mentioned something about updating pico. so sometime before you updated pico, i got bored and drew this little rendition of pico. tell me, is it decent? i know it doesnt compare to oritz's version but would it at least make a good pico?

No way dude, Pico cant have a f*cking mullet.

Hes good the way he is!

Response to Pico Concept Art! 2002-03-11 18:18:07

At 3/11/02 06:11 PM, Mr_Hornypants wrote:
At 11/26/01 10:11 PM, SHIZNIC wrote:
At 11/26/01 08:57 PM, THECLAW242 wrote: as i recall earlier in the year you mentioned something about updating pico. so sometime before you updated pico, i got bored and drew this little rendition of pico. tell me, is it decent? i know it doesnt compare to oritz's version but would it at least make a good pico?

No way dude, Pico cant have a f*cking mullet.
Hes good the way he is!

i agree