00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,010,620 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-31 19:20:36

At 7/31/07 11:43 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: AlexJS says that it's 50, but because 70% of the members are like vets then we should make it 75 or even 100.Either way, I've been here for like 130 pages.

Damn, I'm not even 50 pages old--I will be in exactly 1 page, but the minimum probably did increase though.
I'm not even on Alex's member list. I find that offensive!!
Is that list official?
In any case, the vet requirements are too makeshift. There should be some sort of poll or something to decide if someone's a vet, but with a minimum amount of post made in the crew.
OR to have a set minimum amount of posts in the crew to become a vet--like 50 or 75 posts in this thread.
So I joined 365 days after you, huh? Fine fact.

But I digress. So how are you in smash? Who is you best character and all that stuff.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-31 20:33:44

I was here in like 04 but didn't make an account till this year, Also Im on the forums lot so I'll be a vet here too, Is this an actual crew? If so I wanna join

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-31 23:03:31

At 7/31/07 02:23 PM, dsmking wrote: Miyamoto says they can already release it and sell millions of copies but he still thinks it can be better. And besides the suspense of not having the game makes it all the more enjoyable.

Yes I agree and he is waiting for more people to have WIIs before it comes out so he can sell even more.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-31 23:10:14

ugh, sadly, I WAS pretty good at the game but after years of neglectance (if that's a real word.) of the game, I lost the "touch". But I was, and still kinda am, good with Mario/Dr. Mario/Link/Yoshi/Captain Falcon.

hyuck, that is purty funny right there. dun curr hoo ya R.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-07-31 23:12:59

and, the game's obvious. those chars only appear in GC.

hyuck, that is purty funny right there. dun curr hoo ya R.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 08:02:13

Today's update- Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Great, an FE character that was in a game released internationally.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 08:36:11

Ike, huh. Well its a start. I wanna see his moves before I get too happy.
It may be too good to be true.

I believe I know what Ike's special move is. Its probably that instant death single strike he had in the game. I wonder how that'll work in smash.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 10:26:11

At 8/1/07 08:36 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Ike, huh. Well its a start. I wanna see his moves before I get too happy.
It may be too good to be true.

I believe I know what Ike's special move is. Its probably that instant death single strike he had in the game. I wonder how that'll work in smash.

Ike? then maybe Marth and Roy are gone? NOOOOO!!! (unless he is joining them.)

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 10:56:07

Marth and Roy where too popular. Doubt they will be gone. Perhaps up to 4 fire eblem characters. I mean look at how many more characters where in Melee over the first one. And this game is probably gonna have many more.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 12:32:36

HOLY CRAP!!! THAT GUY!! Ike or whatever his name is from Fire Emblem. That dude looks awesome. I never really got to play any of the Fire Emblem games. I can't wait to use this guy. If they're bringing some Fire Emblem characters in, do you think they're going to keep the old ones (Marth and Roy)

This update was definitely worth the wait. We're finally getting some brand new news. It's about time.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 12:44:25

Ike is a death sentence for Roy. There is no way in hell though that this means that Marth is being taken out.

Marth is a very well known face and represenative of FE. Also, he was one of the most heavily used characters in Melee.

Roy, was a clone of Marth that was actually worse then Marth. He was only in there for advertising. Melee was actually the first game that he was in and his FE game sold poorly.

Marth and Ike ftw.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 12:53:50

At 8/1/07 12:44 PM, Dragonos wrote: Ike is a death sentence for Roy. There is no way in hell though that this means that Marth is being taken out.

Marth is a very well known face and represenative of FE. Also, he was one of the most heavily used characters in Melee.

Roy, was a clone of Marth that was actually worse then Marth. He was only in there for advertising. Melee was actually the first game that he was in and his FE game sold poorly.

Marth and Ike ftw.

Roy was necessary a clone, you would be saying that marth was a clone of roy
if you had to unlock roy before marth. Differences between the two:

Charged up attack-Roys does an explosion at the end, nailing anyone 75% (something like that) but deals 105 to himself everytime. Marth does like 20%.

Roys sword hits better closer, while marth prefers the tip of his blade for the kill.

Marth may be a little more agile, but roy can be anyones heavy hitter when he gets close to an opponent.

Roys sword is fire, marths sword is wind

These diffences cause these two to be similar, but different. If they get rid of anyone, they should get rid of pichu, who was just too weak.

(ike may be a person who use both traits.)

(Will they have a fire emblem stage???)

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 12:58:45

At 8/1/07 12:53 PM, Jackotrades wrote: (Will they have a fire emblem stage???)

If it involves plenty of slaughter then I like where that idea is going.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 13:04:00

I agree on you with the Pichu removal, his attacks are weak and not only that but he damages himself too. They oughta put another Pokemon character in. But if they did that...well who would they put?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 13:05:51

At 7/31/07 07:20 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 7/31/07 11:43 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: AlexJS says that it's 50, but because 70% of the members are like vets then we should make it 75 or even 100.Either way, I've been here for like 130 pages.
Damn, I'm not even 50 pages old--I will be in exactly 1 page, but the minimum probably did increase though.
I'm not even on Alex's member list. I find that offensive!!
Is that list official?

Yes, he may have just forgotten or hasn't updated it yet.

In any case, the vet requirements are too makeshift. There should be some sort of poll or something to decide if someone's a vet, but with a minimum amount of post made in the crew.
OR to have a set minimum amount of posts in the crew to become a vet--like 50 or 75 posts in this thread.
So I joined 365 days after you, huh? Fine fact.

But I digress. So how are you in smash? Who is you best character and all that stuff.

Well, some of you noobies might not know me as well as the other vets but that was because I had a six week trip to China.(I have family there) I've beat everyone that I've ever played in Melee, but I have yet to face anyone that is very skilled. My best characters are Roy, Marth, Link, C. Falcon, Samus, and Mario.
--------------------------------

Ok! New topic: Target test times. List your best times here!

My best is with Roy 18:32. but on my previous file I did it in 17 something...Your turn!

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 13:28:39

Krazy that target time is pretty bad to be honest. Atleast a fourth of my characters have better times than that.

But I liked Roy. He is just one of those characters you need practice with, much like how Ganondorf and stuff is.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 13:38:32

Holy hell, I don't know Ike but he looks really high-tier. I really want to see him in action in the next gameplay trailer.

On a side-note, since you can set the B-moves your own way do you think it'll be possible to unlock more moves?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 13:53:42

Hmm, marth is pretty popular but I'm thinking that two new FE characters might completely replace marth and roy.. well, roy at least :p

and ike looks too much like marth anyway

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 14:40:41

At 8/1/07 01:28 PM, dsmking wrote: Krazy that target time is pretty bad to be honest. Atleast a fourth of my characters have better times than that.

But I liked Roy. He is just one of those characters you need practice with, much like how Ganondorf and stuff is.

really? Am I doing something wrong? what's YOUR BEST time then?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 14:45:22

Has anyone here ever mastered these guys? I have mastered the others, but these are too hard for me:
Zelda/shiek-too many moves to remember and coridinate
Peach-seriously, some moves I cant stand
Mr. Game and Watch-they probably wont have him in brawl, but im curious
Ness- I have almost mastered him with the exception of his saving move to shock himself forward.
young link- I cant seem to play him like normal link due to his moves being weak and his body is weak.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 14:52:40

At 8/1/07 02:45 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Has anyone here ever mastered these guys? I have mastered the others, but these are too hard for me:

That makes these two a great opponent in the right hands. I personally use Sheik for all my battles, except event ones where I can't, and I know most if not all of their moves and I can use them to an extreme level.

I didn't like some of her moves but in the right hands, a deadly opponent none-the-less.

I don't see him making a return either, if he does then I will be surprised.

Ness- I have almost mastered him with the exception of his saving move to shock himself forward.

I never really liked him too much, I can play as him fairly decent but certainly not one of my favorite characters.

young link- I cant seem to play him like normal link due to his moves being weak and his body is weak.

He has advantages and disadvantages over Link. He may be weaker but he is faster and can wall jump. I know that move may not seem like much but if you can master it and master combos, then you can become deadly on stages with walls. :)

Updates:
Konga Beat: Intresting to say the least. :/
Pitfall: I want to see how it fares when used during a match with many people who may not notice where its thrown. :)
Ike: I think I have found a new character that actually catches my intrest. I hope he's not all looks though and proves deadly on the battlefield, something tells me he will. :)

Wheres my Sheik?! :(

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 14:56:01

Can I join? I have SSB, SSBM, and I am getting SSBB when It comes out. I hope you can still turn zelda into sheik in the newest one.

It is I, DSLiteBoy.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 15:03:34

Jackotrades you're wrong about roy, his charged attack only does 30% and 10% to himself, marths is also a shorter charge than roys and it is is impossible to unlock roy before marth.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 15:05:24

At 8/1/07 02:56 PM, DSLiteBoy wrote: Can I join? I have SSB, SSBM, and I am getting SSBB when It comes out. I hope you can still turn zelda into sheik in the newest one.

Yes you can join, just follow the rules, don't double post, picture spam, please stay on topic and respect all the members here, mainly the President (myself), the Vice (AlexJS), and the vets (Located in AlexJS' sig) and you'll be fine. Make 3 quality posts here and you will become a full-fledged member.

Also, I am hoping the same thing for Sheik in the upcoming game and if she doesn't appear then I will be quite pissed. Whats your favortie characters though?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 15:05:41

At 8/1/07 03:03 PM, Matt2358 wrote: Jackotrades you're wrong about roy, his charged attack only does 30% and 10% to himself, marths is also a shorter charge than roys and it is is impossible to unlock roy before marth.

I may be wrong bout roy with the charge attack, but you didnt read what i said, I said that if people unlocked roy before marth, they would think marth is a clone of roy. (but since Melee forces you to unlock marth first, roy is the underdog and everyone hates him.)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 15:06:06

At 8/1/07 03:03 PM,Awesomely CoolGuy wrote:

Jackotrades you're wrong about roy, his charged attack only does 30% and 10% to himself, marths is also a shorter charge than roys and it is is impossible to unlock roy before marth.

And DSLiteBoy you can join the club.:

Yay! Thx.

It is I, DSLiteBoy.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 15:09:11

Roy was not as good as Marth was. Roy's weakness was that his sweet spot was in the middle of his blade meaning that he couldn't play the distance game and deal out maximum damage.

Besides, Roy is a clone of Marth even if he was unlocked first. Marth is the most well known of the two, and Roy was just in there as an advertisement. I see no reason for them to remove Marth, but Roy either has to get a new moveset or he's most probably going to be removed.

Ike does look like he's going to be awesome though.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 16:13:27

May I please join the crew Im a fan of SSB SSBM and SSBB I still have my original N64 Version! Also my favorite Character is Link but I might replace him with either Ike or Pit in Brawl. To prove my fanboyism I already Reserved my own copy so all I ask is that I become part of the crew!

95% of teens are addicted to Myspace, if you are part of the 5% who have a life, paste this into your sig.

WADE CHANGE MY NAME TO AXIUS PLZ! Dekuboy made mah siggy!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 16:43:08

At 8/1/07 04:13 PM, Sephiroth29910 wrote: May I please join the crew Im a fan of SSB SSBM and SSBB I still have my original N64 Version! Also my favorite Character is Link but I might replace him with either Ike or Pit in Brawl. To prove my fanboyism I already Reserved my own copy so all I ask is that I become part of the crew!

You're in, respect the rules, don't double post or picture spam, respect all the members here, mainly the President (Myself), Vice (AlexJS), and the Vets(Located in AlexJS') and you'll be fine. Make 3 quality posts and you'll be a full-fledged member. I welcome you in advance to the crew.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-08-01 20:13:54

At 8/1/07 02:45 PM, Jackotrades wrote:

Ha, I kick so much ass with them it isn't even funny. You just really need to think about how much you want to annoy someone. I have a shitload of fun when using Zelda. Teleporting is a bitch.... :p She is awesome as a smasher and sheik is fast and good at aerials.

One of my best characters. In the right hands she can totally kick ass.

Game and watch is a big timing character. If you don't use him right he can suck. That bucket move he has is probably his strongest you just need good timing. I'm pretty good with him just is hard to use at times.

Messing around with him today. I did pretty good with him too. The PK hump is something you just gotta get lucky with since it is easy to tell and takes a while to set up. What I do is wait for a barrel or something to spawn in front of ness(blocks projectiles and then use the move so it destroys the barrel and hits them usually causing death.

He is fast and his double smash usually hits with both. The problem with Link is his first one can knock them away but young links first damages and then the second smashes. Plus he is fastand his spin attack can catch someone in it and make a combo or throw them to the sides.

As far as the target test.

Well my best time with Roy is 14 seconds. I relooked at my times and most where in the 20's. Except for like 3 which was Roy, Link 17, and someone else who was about 19.

BBS Signature