00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FIERYTEMPTRESS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mar-A-Lago raid

10,939 Views | 344 Replies

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-22 14:34:59

At 1/22/23 02:32 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/19/23 05:42 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 1/19/23 05:05 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/19/23 05:03 PM, Sequenced wrote: think rnc and media are throwing trump under the bus
If only they would.
It is frustrating that there is seemingly nothing you can do to punish a politician, outside of local level politicians.
Oh they will punish them when they are done being useful to the swamp or in many cases have a (D) next to their name.

ftfy

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-22 15:37:19 (edited 2023-01-22 15:39:43)

At 1/22/23 02:34 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/19/23 05:03 PM, Sequenced wrote: think rnc and media are throwing trump under the bus
If only they would.
It is frustrating that there is seemingly nothing you can do to punish a politician, outside of local level politicians.
Oh they will punish them when they are done being useful to the swamp or in many cases have a (D) next to their name.
ftfy

Look it’s really easy to fall for this but here it goes:

Are some republicans corrupt? Yes. Are all corrupt? No. Should they be judged on a case by case basis? Yes. Has this happened yet? No.

Thats why everybody is fed up with politicians for the longest time. Whenever somebody says “All (x group) are this or that!” They aren’t being jerks, they are just frustrated that they either can’t speak out against them, or they never seem to face consequences.

In the densely populated country of America, you can easily count the number of politicians that have seen iron bars on one hand. And they were typically local politicians.

hello

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-22 16:17:13

At 1/22/23 03:37 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:
If only they would.
ftfy

Are some republicans corrupt? Yes. Are all corrupt? No. Should they be judged on a case by case basis? Yes. Has this happened yet? No.

Thats why everybody is fed up with politicians for the longest time. Whenever somebody says “All (x group) are this or that!” They aren’t being jerks, they are just frustrated that they either can’t speak out against them, or they never seem to face consequences.

In the densely populated country of America, you can easily count the number of politicians that have seen iron bars on one hand. And they were typically local politicians.

I believe that Trump was the first one who ran on draining the swamp in 2016, and then it turned out that he created his own swamp with a lot of swamp monsters in it.

It's funny how people are still fooled into supporting these creatures of the swamp, simply because they claim they are fighting agaisnt it. And it's all coming from Republicans, right now, which @LittleWashu is hungrily devouring... along with their hook.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-22 16:47:17

At 1/22/23 03:37 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:
If only they would.
ftfy

I 100% agree and I have no problem naming names of the corrupt ones I know. Mitch McConnell (Compromised to the CCP), Mitt Romney (Warmonger and part of the money laundering crowd of Ukraine), and Liz Cheney (Warmonger) are three examples I can think of off the top of my head.

I can even think of some Democrats and former democrats that I actually have some respect for. Joe Manchin, Kysten Sinema (Despite voting for policies that did hurt the country they stood strong to protect the Filibuster as well as save Joe from himself by blocking several huge spending bills), and Tulsi Gabbard (She had no issue calling out her either party when they were wrong, not to mention she actually tried to work with the former president and in my opinion would have been a far better speaker of the house than Nancy Pelosi)

You mean like for example when (R) Donald Trump told his followers on 1/6/21 to "Peacefully and Patriotically" Make their voices heard at the capital (which last I checked was covered under the 1st amendment) and the capital riot happens he gets impeached but when (D) Maxine Waters crosses state lines to not only incite violence, but in the process intimidate the Jury during the Derek Chauvin Trial (Which last I checked not only not covered under the 1st amendment but is a crime that should have not only cost her the house seat she has had for over 30 years but landed her in jail) she is let off Scott free?

Or better yet how we have Democrats talking about how Trump needed to watch what he says due to the position of power he holds (which I can agree on even if I find his unpolished way of speaking refreshing) yet when they themselves do the same thing we have people going out of their way to defend them?

The closest I can see above local being held to accord in modern day history was my former Governor Andrew Cuomo, but even with him they treated him with kids gloves. In 2020 he literally signed the order that sent Covid19 patients into nursing homes when he had not only the Comic Con center, but also the ship Trump gave him but because 4 other democrat governors did the same (Wolfe, Whitmer, Newsom, and Murphy) they swept this under the rug and instead went with a sexual harassment charge instead to protect the other 4 I mentioned.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-22 17:11:41 (edited 2023-01-22 17:11:47)

At 1/22/23 04:47 PM, LittleWashu wrote: You mean like for example when (R) Donald Trump told his followers on 1/6/21 to "Peacefully and Patriotically" Make their voices heard at the capital (which last I checked was covered under the 1st amendment) and the capital riot happens he gets impeached but when (D) Maxine Waters crosses state lines to not only incite violence, but in the process intimidate the Jury during the Derek Chauvin Trial (Which last I checked not only not covered under the 1st amendment but is a crime that should have not only cost her the house seat she has had for over 30 years but landed her in jail) she is let off Scott free?

Man, lay off the drugs, that's is quite some revisionist history going on there.

I don't think violence, property, and theft, at the capital on that day, to overturn a legit Democratic process to install a dictator, was what our forefathers had in mind over free speech when they wrote it - along with that democratic process that Trump and his followers shit upon.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-23 14:13:32 (edited 2023-01-23 14:17:53)

At 1/22/23 05:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/22/23 04:47 PM, LittleWashu wrote: You mean like for example when (R) Donald Trump told his followers on 1/6/21 to "Peacefully and Patriotically" Make their voices heard at the capital (which last I checked was covered under the 1st amendment) and the capital riot happens he gets impeached but when (D) Maxine Waters crosses state lines to not only incite violence, but in the process intimidate the Jury during the Derek Chauvin Trial (Which last I checked not only not covered under the 1st amendment but is a crime that should have not only cost her the house seat she has had for over 30 years but landed her in jail) she is let off Scott free?
Man, lay off the drugs, that's is quite some revisionist history going on there.

I don't think violence, property, and theft, at the capital on that day, to overturn a legit Democratic process to install a dictator, was what our forefathers had in mind over free speech when they wrote it - along with that democratic process that Trump and his followers shit upon.

You missed my point by a mile. Trump despite what happened that day told his followers to go "Peacefully" to the capital to protest. If Trump tell my followers to Peacefully protest, but some people go off the chain and act the fool how is that his fault? People can argue he about his election claims however last I checked the American people have the 1st amendment which grants freedom of speech which last I checked contesting elections is covered by. Otherwise the Democrats of the past who contested the 1968 2000 2004 and 2016 election results wouldn't have had said right to do so.

Maxine on the other hand when she went to Minnesota to say her bit about what needed to be done if the Verdict didn't come out the way they wanted was the complete opposite of what the former president said. She language was literally inflammatory talking about "getting more confrontational" Which literally a couple of hours later caused 2 national guard people to get attacked by said crowd. Last I checked telling people to get more confrontational isn't protected under the first amendment seeing as while you have the right to peacefully protest you don't have the right to incite violence but this is only the tip of the iceberg of her actions that night.

Not only did she once again get away with inciting violence, but she also got away with Jury intimidation due to the Jury being only partially sequestered unlike with the Rodney King and OZ Simpson cases where they were fully sequestered. and last I checked going across state lines to not only incite Violence, but intimidate a jury with the threats of violence is not only not covered under the 1st amendment but is a felony charge. A charge that had it been enforced would have not only have cost Maxine her congress seat but would have landed her behind bars.

However what happened to Maxine Waters? Answer absolutely nothing. She was never charged with anything despite committing a crime, and Nancy Pelosi (who was the current speaker of the house) did absolutely nothing to reprimand her actions. In other words she got off Scott free for doing something far worse.

TL:DR In this comparison Trump for exercising his first amendment rights (since telling his followers to peacefully protest) ends up getting impeached for a second time, where as Maxine Waters who not only once again incited violence but committed a felony crime by intimidating a jury with said speech gets to walk away like nothing happened.

The Double standard is disgusting and it is why a lot of people not only don't like Politicians but feel there is a 2 tier justice system in this country which we both know there is.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-23 14:34:29 (edited 2023-01-23 14:46:16)

At 1/23/23 02:13 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/22/23 05:11 PM, EdyKel wrote:

You missed my point by a mile. Trump despite what happened that day told his followers to go "Peacefully" to the capital to protest. If Trump tell my followers to Peacefully protest, but some people go off the chain and act the fool how is that his fault? People can argue he about his election claims however last I checked the American people have the 1st amendment which grants freedom of speech which last I checked contesting elections is covered by. Otherwise the Democrats of the past who contested the 1968 2000 2004 and 2016 election results wouldn't have had said right to do so.

Maxine on the other hand when she went to Minnesota to say her bit about what needed to be done if the Verdict didn't come out the way they wanted was the complete opposite of what the former president said. She language was literally inflammatory talking about "getting more confrontational" Which literally a couple of hours later caused 2 national guard people to get attacked by said crowd. Last I checked telling people to get more confrontational isn't protected under the first amendment seeing as while you have the right to peacefully protest you don't have the right to incite violence but this is only the tip of the iceberg of her actions that night.

Not only did she once again get away with inciting violence, but she also got away with Jury intimidation due to the Jury being only partially sequestered unlike with the Rodney King and OZ Simpson cases where they were fully sequestered. and last I checked going across state lines to not only incite Violence, but intimidate a jury with the threats of violence is not only not covered under the 1st amendment but is a felony charge. A charge that had it been enforced would have not only have cost Maxine her congress seat but would have landed her behind bars.

However what happened to Maxine Waters? Answer absolutely nothing. She was never charged with anything despite committing a crime, and Nancy Pelosi (who was the current speaker of the house) did absolutely nothing to reprimand her actions. In other words she got off Scott free for doing something far worse.

TL:DR In this comparison Trump for exercising his first amendment rights (since telling his followers to peacefully protest) ends up getting impeached for a second time, where as Maxine Waters who not only once again incited violence but committed a felony crime by intimidating a jury with said speech gets to walk away like nothing happened.

The Double standard is disgusting and it is why a lot of people not only don't like Politicians but feel there is a 2 tier justice system in this country which we both know there is.

I think you missed the point by a mile to defend Trump, who represented the very swamp you claim to hate, who lied to his followers about a stolen election, and excited them to do something about overturning it, all to keep him in power.

You didn't need to write a wall of text to spin this basic shit any other way, all to keep your double standards over defending your addiction to far-right Trumpism with your made up definition of what the swamp is.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-23 20:46:55

so, are taking bets when will biden resign because the media is now throwing him under the bus and kamala will become the unofficial first woman president? must've been the plan all along!

baha

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-23 20:50:23

At 1/23/23 08:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: so, are taking bets when will biden resign because the media is now throwing him under the bus and kamala will become the unofficial first woman president? must've been the plan all along!

baha

He's not going to resign, and the media is treating him as another major news story that grabs people's attention and makes them money. Though, it does make his reelection announcement a bit more difficult.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-24 11:39:54

At 1/23/23 08:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: so, are taking bets when will biden resign because the media is now throwing him under the bus and kamala will become the unofficial first woman president?

Hell, I hope so.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-24 21:04:39

And now it's former VP, Mike Pence, turn...

Classified documents found at Mike Pence's home and turned over to DOJ: Lawyer

Not sure whether to shake my head, or laugh, at this point. I would not be surprised if we see more former politicians start to turn in classified documents.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-28 08:29:19

At 1/23/23 08:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: so, are taking bets when will biden resign because the media is now throwing him under the bus and kamala will become the unofficial first woman president? must've been the plan all along!

baha

The swamp will continue to defend him even when in reality he should not only be thrown out of office but should be in an orange jumpsuit for the crimes he has committed.

But heaven forbid Biden actually gets kicked out, we would be in even worse shape if Heel up headboard Harris was to become president. Because as bad as Biden is Harris is even worse.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-29 13:56:58

At 1/28/23 08:29 AM, LittleWashu wrote:

baha
The swamp will continue to defend him even when in reality he should not only be thrown out of office but should be in an orange jumpsuit for the crimes he has committed.

But heaven forbid Biden actually gets kicked out, we would be in even worse shape if Heel up headboard Harris was to become president. Because as bad as Biden is Harris is even worse.

You do know that the swamp has nothing to do with being anti-Trumpism, right. It has always referred to actual systemic corruption, and govermnet waste, in Washington, not being disloyal to Trumpism.

Also LOL: Ted Cruz, it’s time to spin those classified documents!

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-29 15:12:01

At 1/29/23 01:56 PM, EdyKel wrote:

baha

You do know that the swamp has nothing to do with being anti-Trumpism, right. It has always referred to actual systemic corruption, and govermnet waste, in Washington, not being disloyal to Trumpism.

It does when said movement threatens the very swamp these creatures are working so hard to protect. The swamp needs said movement to be crushed, and go back to running on the hamster wheel like good little hamsters while they continue to plunge the country that made them rich into the pits of Tartarus.

But on another note seeing as another pandora's box is opened in the form of revealing Trump's private tax returns to the masses I say we have every single Democrat and Republican especially those who had their wealth swell by the millions show us theirs.

There is no way in gods green earth that someone making at best a 6 figure salary can amass 7 to 9 figures of wealth even if they served for decades. I don't know about you but that if that doesn't scream the swamp I don't know what is.

Response to Mar-A-Lago raid 2023-01-29 15:20:16

At 1/29/23 03:12 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/29/23 01:56 PM, EdyKel wrote:

baha

It does when said movement threatens the very swamp these creatures are working so hard to protect. The swamp needs said movement to be crushed, and go back to running on the hamster wheel like good little hamsters while they continue to plunge the country that made them rich into the pits of Tartarus.

But on another note seeing as another pandora's box is opened in the form of revealing Trump's private tax returns to the masses I say we have every single Democrat and Republican especially those who had their wealth swell by the millions show us theirs.

There is no way in gods green earth that someone making at best a 6 figure salary can amass 7 to 9 figures of wealth even if they served for decades. I don't know about you but that if that doesn't scream the swamp I don't know what is.

You are just on some blind, self-righteous, crusade, over it, not really knowing the meaning of what you pretend to fight against. All you have done so far is looked the other way on corruption, and govermnet waste, when it was inconvenient to your view of those claiming they are fighting against it when they were knee deep in it.