00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iva0413 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

VAC14 Round 1 - The Heist!

16,347 Views | 63 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to VAC14 Round 1 - The Heist! 2022-04-25 13:06:52

At 4/24/22 07:08 AM, Coldstone07 wrote:
At 4/24/22 01:39 AM, mrRedux wrote:
At 4/23/22 03:34 PM, DetectiveTug wrote: Looks like I just barely wasn't up to snuff! Regardless I had fun and learned a bit, congrats to the other participants who also gave their all!

Just curious, but will there be a more detailed stat breakdown spreadsheet? It'd be nice to know where to improve.
Same, actually! It’d be nice to hear or read what the judges had to say about our entries.
Same here!

I too claim to represent the people by joining the call for: more transparency into to the scoring, independent audits, recounts, & anything else that needless complicates the process, solely because I did not win.  

Seriously, I think it could be helpful to have the Judges post a reviews on each submission & vote. Many of these submissions are still "Waiting for 5 more votes" which puts them in danger of being blamed off the audio portal. The reviews could be focused on the 4 areas (acting, writing, production, bonus) so we have an understanding of what worked & what did not. 

For future contest: I think would have been funny to see contestants with a negative score try to recover thru a combined score each round, if instead these rounds did not eliminate contestants. A teams score could be divided by the number of team members to even out the team advantage. 

Response to VAC14 Round 1 - The Heist! 2022-04-25 13:31:48

At 4/25/22 01:06 PM, grimview wrote:
Seriously, I think it could be helpful to have the Judges post a reviews on each submission & vote. Many of these submissions are still "Waiting for 5 more votes" which puts them in danger of being blamed off the audio portal. The reviews could be focused on the 4 areas (acting, writing, production, bonus) so we have an understanding of what worked & what did not. 

Although this makes total sense from the contestants' point of view, it'd put even more strain on the judges' time - I believe it was you yourself who pointed out we weren't even able to keep our own schedule without penning this stuff down. Which absolutely takes more time than you would imagine, believe me. It's a lot more efficient to treat this on a reactive basis.

For future contest: I think would have been funny to see contestants with a negative score try to recover thru a combined score each round, if instead these rounds did not eliminate contestants. A teams score could be divided by the number of team members to even out the team advantage. 

Well, feel free to host the next one :D

There's a lot more ways to go about this indeed, but the platform doesn't feel big enough to host really elaborate events. The last two contests only saw about two, two and a half dozen entries, and I know some teams are already struggling to keep together for the second round. Maybe, in the future...

Response to VAC14 Round 1 - The Heist! 2022-04-25 17:11:17

Glad to make it into the next round!

@JCaluger Wanna arm wrestle for true 4th place?

Response to VAC14 Round 1 - The Heist! 2022-04-25 19:27:51

Let's go!!!