00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GuardyKell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Summer Animation Jams Round 1!

126,803 Views | 272 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-12 23:20:48

so nsfw yes or no

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 04:48:32

At 6/12/21 11:20 PM, AbiyBattleSpell wrote: so nsfw yes or no

Each submission has its own choice to be NSFW.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 15:27:20

guys red is sus i saw him vent and kill blue.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 19:03:11

hweh

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 21:26:55

lol look at classic pico on the backround he do not know how to swim

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 21:27:16

At 6/4/21 12:13 PM, gahraruns123 wrote: Can't wait for it, bud.hope its cool

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 21:28:04

iu_330057_9253910.jpg

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-13 23:00:57

At 6/4/21 11:14 AM, kidray76 wrote:
At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD
Congrats @BrandyBuizel

Hope you get laid later.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 03:24:03

I don't think I will...

Liam Kenny

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 05:11:13

At 6/13/21 09:26 PM, ryancorrea wrote: lol look at classic pico on the backround he do not know how to swim

Pico can swim. Anybody can swim. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 08:30:16

One question, does the animation have to be in English?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 12:22:24

At 6/14/21 08:30 AM, Sush-xd12 wrote: One question, does the animation have to be in English?

Nope! Though for broad appeal on the website I might recommend subtitles :)

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 12:47:29

damn im not professional at all i cant do this

this guy

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 13:03:08

At 6/14/21 12:47 PM, B-Zandt wrote: damn im not professional at all i cant do this

This is exactly the kind of event for amateurs to develop their skills! I did it in the past and so did many others :)

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 13:37:10

At 6/14/21 01:03 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
At 6/14/21 12:47 PM, B-Zandt wrote: damn im not professional at all i cant do this
This is exactly the kind of event for amateurs to develop their skills! I did it in the past and so did many others :)

oh ok that's good to know

this guy

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 15:46:46

At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD and to avoid going into a post-grad creative slump, he’s using his newfound freedom to revive his favorite Newgrounds event: the Summer Animation Jams!

Those of you just joining NG may not be familiar with this event; it evolved from the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation, which started as the Tournament of Flash Artists over a decade ago. The Summer Jams were born in 2016 with the Loop Jam and we haven't done another series since 2018.

Round 1 of Summer Jams 2021 begins TODAY, keep reading for details.

Rules:

The entire event will be 4-5 rounds where individual creators are scored and awarded points according to their animation's ranking in each round. There are no eliminations and you are not required to participate in every round (though it will increase your chances of placing first).

Winners for each round will be announced within a week of each round conclusion. Points will be awarded as such:

1st: 10 pts
2nd: 9 pts
3rd: 8 pts
4th: 7 pts
5th: 6 pts
6th: 5 pts
7th: 4 pts
8th: 3 pts
9th: 2 pts
10th: 1 pt

By the end of the summer the creator with the most points will be crowned the winner!

You may work with a team or work on multiple entries per round, but each entry MUST specify the LEAD ANIMATOR who will get the points; this will be the project owner/author unless otherwise specified. You may only submit one entry per round as the lead animator.

The use of mixed-media is greatly encouraged though not at all a requirement. Bring your own personal brand and style in all of the works you submit or use these jams as an excuse to try something new!

Win Fabulous Prizes:

@ScarecrowArts is kicking off the event with $500 USD courtesy of @BrandyBuizel, @MalcolmSith, and @DragonCoke as well as a copy of their game The Story Goes On on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch)!

Newgrounds is tossing in another $500 to crank things up.

@SrPelo tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @xskoo, @53xy83457 and @SevenOnAStick each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid and @Butzbo each gave $50, @NickSenny $30, @MKMaffo $25 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $1,250
2nd - $900
3rd - $650
4th - $500
5th - $400
6th - $250
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

Each winner will also receive a copy of The Story Goes On.

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add!

The Round One theme is STAY AWAKE!

"you've been up for five days and five nights..."

Jam Requirements:

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Stay-Awake-Jam” to enter.

Minimum length: 15 seconds.

Content must be original; no parodies or characters you didn't create.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources. Our Advanced Search options on NG allow you to filter by song length, genre, tags and usage permissions, as well.

Your entry can be scary, funny, neither or both!

Round One Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - Representing @ScarecrowArts

@NickConter - co-creator of NEAR DEADline. A game about staying awake, animating, for five nights straight. A perfect fit for Round One’s theme.

@heyopc - everybody loves chris piche (however tall he may be), he's super funny and not afraid to spend three months organizing a shitpost collab about Animal Crossing.

@AlmightyHans - your classic Newgrounds figurehead; making live action elements a more widely accepted practice on the website

@Ellsketchlr - has been witnessed staying awake for two weeks straight in preparation for judging this event.

@Domdude111 - mixed-media artist who packs their art with style #luckyboyfilm

@ayekerik - 3D artist/animator that will offer a unique perspective since we've seen a lot more 3D on the site recently. They also created this year’s promo banner.

BrandyBuizel and other judges may participate in individual rounds for fun, however they will not be considered in the rankings and won’t be up for prizes.

Round 1 Due Date:

Sunday, June 27th, 11:59PM PST

Happy Animating!

If you need a voice actor, there's lots of talent to discover in the NG Voice Acting Collab!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1038287

Monthly Game Prizes

@SrPelo has also contributed $500 towards our ongoing Monthly Game Prize fund. Starting with the Best of June, the top-ranked game based on original material will now receive $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Can I add my cartoon in there please? https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/798442 https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/799409

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 20:42:13

iu_330807_8957087.webp

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-14 22:20:59

iu_330854_9253910.webp

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-15 11:44:01

i play that roblox game too

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-15 14:50:48

Damn, I would join in, but I have absolutely no experience in animation. However, I would like to say that may the odds be ever in your favor.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-15 15:29:08

At 6/15/21 02:50 PM, GraywulfDaDolf wrote: Damn, I would join in, but I have absolutely no experience in animation. However, I would like to say that may the odds be ever in your favor.

Animation Jams aren't just a way to boast your skills, but to develop them. Similarly to game jams, I'd highly recommend beginners participate and try to push themselves to see if animating is something they like doing :)

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-15 20:39:59

At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD and to avoid going into a post-grad creative slump, he’s using his newfound freedom to revive his favorite Newgrounds event: the Summer Animation Jams!

Those of you just joining NG may not be familiar with this event; it evolved from the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation, which started as the Tournament of Flash Artists over a decade ago. The Summer Jams were born in 2016 with the Loop Jam and we haven't done another series since 2018.

Rules:

The entire event will be 4-5 rounds where individual creators are scored and awarded points according to their animation's ranking in each round. There are no eliminations and you are not required to participate in every round (though it will increase your chances of placing first).

Winners for each round will be announced within a week of each round conclusion. Points will be awarded as such:

By the end of the summer the creator with the most points will be crowned the winner!

You may work with a team or work on multiple entries per round, but each entry MUST specify the LEAD ANIMATOR who will get the points; this will be the project owner/author unless otherwise specified. You may only submit one entry per round as the lead animator.

The use of mixed-media is greatly encouraged though not at all a requirement. Bring your own personal brand and style in all of the works you submit or use these jams as an excuse to try something new!

Win Fabulous Prizes:

@ScarecrowArts is kicking off the event with $500 USD courtesy of @BrandyBuizel, @MalcolmSith, and @DragonCoke as well as a copy of their game The Story Goes On on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch)!

@SrPelo tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @xskoo, @53xy83457 and @SevenOnAStick each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid and @Butzbo each gave $50, @NickSenny $30, @MKMaffo $25 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $1,250
2nd - $900
3rd - $650
4th - $500
5th - $400
6th - $250
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add!

Jam Requirements:

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Stay-Awake-Jam” to enter.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources. Our Advanced Search options on NG allow you to filter by song length, genre, tags and usage permissions, as well.

Round One Judges:

@NickConter - co-creator of NEAR DEADline. A game about staying awake, animating, for five nights straight. A perfect fit for Round One’s theme.

@heyopc - everybody loves chris piche (however tall he may be), he's super funny and not afraid to spend three months organizing a shitpost collab about Animal Crossing.

@AlmightyHans - your classic Newgrounds figurehead; making live action elements a more widely accepted practice on the website

@Ellsketchlr - has been witnessed staying awake for two weeks straight in preparation for judging this event.

@ayekerik - 3D artist/animator that will offer a unique perspective since we've seen a lot more 3D on the site recently. They also created this year’s promo banner.

BrandyBuizel and other judges may participate in individual rounds for fun, however they will not be considered in the rankings and won’t be up for prizes.

Round 1 Due Date:

Happy Animating!

If you need a voice actor, there's lots of talent to discover in the NG Voice Acting Collab!

Monthly Game Prizes

@SrPelo has also contributed $500 towards our ongoing Monthly Game Prize fund. Starting with the Best of June, the top-ranked game based on original material will now receive $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

I like how the image changes each day

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-16 02:01:08

At 6/14/21 08:30 AM, Sush-xd12 wrote: One question, does the animation have to be in English?

Your best chance would be to use English, or at least include the option to change the language to English.

BBS Signature

I cant wait for it to come out :)

hey look Fancy Pants Man is in the promontional art

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-16 16:42:38

Rules:

Win Fabulous Prizes:

1st - $1,250
2nd - $900
3rd - $650
4th - $500
5th - $400
6th - $250
7th - $150
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

Jam Requirements:

Round One Judges:

Round 1 Due Date:

Happy Animating!

Monthly Game Prizes

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-16 20:42:56

This is super exciting and I'll definitely be participating. Unfortunately I work 2 jobs and have an exam on the 23rd so I probably won't get any in for the first one...

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-16 21:24:17

Alien Hominid with a shirt is one of the best things i've seen.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-17 14:47:23

i will be upload an pilot for ma new web series

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-17 17:20:41

At 6/16/21 06:06 PM, Traadess wrote: bruh every single entry has nothing to do with the theme of the challenge. it literally "YOU HAVE SLEPT IN 5 DAYS"

The theme is "stay awake" actually.

Hence the "stay awake jam" tag?

(Please tell me you're joking...)