00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

b0sszkr1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Summer Animation Jams Round 1!

126,806 Views | 272 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:14:26

At 6/4/21 12:08 PM, Luis wrote: Neato.
That sock thing scared me tho.
Also i want to give birth to Brandy's children.

Also first post.

first post that touched my heart maybe

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:16:33

At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD and to avoid going into a post-grad creative slump, he’s using his newfound freedom to revive his favorite Newgrounds event: the Summer Animation Jams!

Those of you just joining NG may not be familiar with this event; it evolved from the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation, which started as the Tournament of Flash Artists over a decade ago. The Summer Jams were born in 2016 with the Loop Jam and we haven't done another series since 2018.

Round 1 of Summer Jams 2021 begins TODAY, keep reading for details.

Rules:

The entire event will be 4-5 rounds where individual creators are scored and awarded points according to their animation's ranking in each round. There are no eliminations and you are not required to participate in every round (though it will increase your chances of placing first).

Winners for each round will be announced within a week of each round conclusion. Points will be awarded as such:

1st: 10 pts
2nd: 9 pts
3rd: 8 pts
4th: 7 pts
5th: 6 pts
6th: 5 pts
7th: 4 pts
8th: 3 pts
9th: 2 pts
10th: 1 pt

By the end of the summer the creator with the most points will be crowned the winner!

You may work with a team or work on multiple entries per round, but each entry MUST specify the LEAD ANIMATOR who will get the points; this will be the project owner/author unless otherwise specified. You may only submit one entry per round as the lead animator.

The use of mixed-media is greatly encouraged though not at all a requirement. Bring your own personal brand and style in all of the works you submit or use these jams as an excuse to try something new!

Win Fabulous Prizes:

@ScarecrowArts is kicking off the event with $500 USD courtesy of @BrandyBuizel, @MalcolmSith, and @DragonCoke as well as a copy of their game The Story Goes On on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch)!

Newgrounds is tossing in another $500 to crank things up.

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $400 + a copy of TSGO
2nd - $250 + a copy of TSGO
3rd - $150 + a copy of TSGO
4th - $100 + A copy of TSGO
5th - $100 + A copy of TSGO

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add!

The Round One theme is STAY AWAKE!

"you've been up for five days and five nights..."

Jam Requirements:

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Stay-Awake-Jam” to enter.

Minimum length: 15 seconds.

Content must be original; no parodies or characters you didn't create.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources. Our Advanced Search options on NG allow you to filter by song length, genre, tags and usage permissions, as well.

Your entry can be scary, funny, neither or both!

Round One Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - Representing @ScarecrowArts

@NickConter - co-creator of NEAR DEADline. A game about staying awake, animating, for five nights straight. A perfect fit for Round One’s theme.

@heyopc - everybody loves chris piche (however tall he may be), he's super funny and not afraid to spend three months organizing a shitpost collab about Animal Crossing.

@AlmightyHans - your classic Newgrounds figurehead; making live action elements a more widely accepted practice on the website

@Ellsketchlr - has been witnessed staying awake for two weeks straight in preparation for judging this event.

@Domdude111 - mixed-media artist who packs their art with style #luckyboyfilm

@ayekerik - 3D artist/animator that will offer a unique perspective since we've seen a lot more 3D on the site recently. They also created this year’s promo banner.

BrandyBuizel and other judges may participate in individual rounds for fun, however they will not be considered in the rankings and won’t be up for prizes.

Round 1 Due Date:

Sunday, June 27th, 11:59PM PST

Happy Animating!

i can do this

i wanna die

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:16:51

I don't think I'll join

Damn, I'm nearly nostalgic for that 2018 summer jam, great to see these back! GIVE IT YER BEST SHOT FOLKS!

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Well done, Brandy and team.

If anyone is curious about @ScarecrowArts, you should check out their demo reel from 2020 where it shows Brandy's actual human-like facial features :0

*xin laugh*

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:21:36

Also first post.

I agree

Also first

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

MMMMmmmmm newgrounds

yeah,

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:37:23

YOOOOOO LOOKIT LOOKIT LOOKIT DA LADY ON DE LEFFTTTT THOOOOO CUZIDXKTCIRCFKXRJZQZ !!!! yea

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:38:09

Sounds like a gold mine for exciting new animations! Anyone looking for voice acting or music to support their project, I'll gladly lend a hand, special price for you (i.e. my name in the credits). Check out some of my stuff on my user page. Good luck all!

Niiice! so cool to see these coming back. I have great memories of participating in the good old NATA/Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation back in 2014. to some extent, it was like taking an animation crash course for me!

If anyone is on the fence, I super recommend taking part in these ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:40:46

At 6/4/21 11:32 AM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
At 6/4/21 11:14 AM, kidray76 wrote:
At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD
Congrats @BrandyBuizel

Hope you get laid later.
me too pal

Apparently, alot of people want to see you get laid. I've had 13 or 14 reactions lol

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:42:44

YOOOO FAST FOOD FUNKIN BABE IS HEREEEE

hi :)

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:45:42

At 6/4/21 12:42 PM, MKMaffo wrote: YOOOO FAST FOOD FUNKIN BABE IS HEREEEE

HELL YEA SHE IS

yeah,

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:52:48

cool like beans

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:55:11

WOO-HOO AMAZING!

Hello there

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 12:55:25

Would love to do some music / sound design for this if anyone wants to collaborate

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:10:20

Aw yeah, time to get animating baby.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:10:31

At 6/4/21 12:14 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:

Also first post.
first post that touched my heart maybe

dude dont read that unless i @ you!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:13:15

Im not sure what this is lol, I would join but I dont have the tools, may the best person win!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:22:02

Dude this is just great, i love the animation on the frontpage. Here im just about to start winter. haha, i hope i could participate but i cant animate

Man old emojis were much better

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:34:18

Good to see the jams are back, can't wait to see what everybody does!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:42:50

At 6/4/21 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: @BrandyBuizel recently graduated from SCAD and to avoid going into a post-grad creative slump, he’s using his newfound freedom to revive his favorite Newgrounds event: the Summer Animation Jams!

Those of you just joining NG may not be familiar with this event; it evolved from the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation, which started as the Tournament of Flash Artists over a decade ago. The Summer Jams were born in 2016 with the Loop Jam and we haven't done another series since 2018.

Round 1 of Summer Jams 2021 begins TODAY, keep reading for details.

Rules:

The entire event will be 4-5 rounds where individual creators are scored and awarded points according to their animation's ranking in each round. There are no eliminations and you are not required to participate in every round (though it will increase your chances of placing first).

Winners for each round will be announced within a week of each round conclusion. Points will be awarded as such:

1st: 10 pts
2nd: 9 pts
3rd: 8 pts
4th: 7 pts
5th: 6 pts
6th: 5 pts
7th: 4 pts
8th: 3 pts
9th: 2 pts
10th: 1 pt

By the end of the summer the creator with the most points will be crowned the winner!

You may work with a team or work on multiple entries per round, but each entry MUST specify the LEAD ANIMATOR who will get the points; this will be the project owner/author unless otherwise specified. You may only submit one entry per round as the lead animator.

The use of mixed-media is greatly encouraged though not at all a requirement. Bring your own personal brand and style in all of the works you submit or use these jams as an excuse to try something new!

Win Fabulous Prizes:

@ScarecrowArts is kicking off the event with $500 USD courtesy of @BrandyBuizel, @MalcolmSith, and @DragonCoke as well as a copy of their game The Story Goes On on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch)!

Newgrounds is tossing in another $500 to crank things up.

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $400 + a copy of TSGO
2nd - $250 + a copy of TSGO
3rd - $150 + a copy of TSGO
4th - $100 + A copy of TSGO
5th - $100 + A copy of TSGO

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams!

If you’re a donor and you’re interested in discussing future rounds, themes, and judges, shoot @BrandyBuizel a PM as well. We have a lot of ideas to work with but maybe you have something great to add!

The Round One theme is STAY AWAKE!

"you've been up for five days and five nights..."

Jam Requirements:

Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Stay-Awake-Jam” to enter.

Minimum length: 15 seconds.

Content must be original; no parodies or characters you didn't create.

Music must not present licensing / royalty issues. Good resources include the Audio Portal (see Creative Commons info or ask for permission), an original composition by a teammate or one of these many royalty-free resources. Our Advanced Search options on NG allow you to filter by song length, genre, tags and usage permissions, as well.

Your entry can be scary, funny, neither or both!

Round One Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - Representing @ScarecrowArts

@NickConter - co-creator of NEAR DEADline. A game about staying awake, animating, for five nights straight. A perfect fit for Round One’s theme.

@heyopc - everybody loves chris piche (however tall he may be), he's super funny and not afraid to spend three months organizing a shitpost collab about Animal Crossing.

@AlmightyHans - your classic Newgrounds figurehead; making live action elements a more widely accepted practice on the website

@Ellsketchlr - has been witnessed staying awake for two weeks straight in preparation for judging this event.

@Domdude111 - mixed-media artist who packs their art with style #luckyboyfilm

@ayekerik - 3D artist/animator that will offer a unique perspective since we've seen a lot more 3D on the site recently. They also created this year’s promo banner.

BrandyBuizel and other judges may participate in individual rounds for fun, however they will not be considered in the rankings and won’t be up for prizes.

Round 1 Due Date:

Sunday, June 27th, 11:59PM PST

Happy Animating!

ugh fine but not because you said so

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:52:03

A Darle Tratare De Hacer Una Buena Animacioniu_322366_8441167.webp

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 13:58:10

lets go dababy!!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 14:07:44

Always up for some Jam. If you guys need any voice work for your projects, hit me up! I'd be more than happy to help

Demo Reel: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/763333

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 14:19:38

@BrandyBuizel congratulations

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 14:26:11

POG

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 14:31:29

I like when i see henry Stickmin in the banner

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 1! 2021-06-04 14:31:43