00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

b0sszkr1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam!

214,489 Views | 773 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 21:39:09

iu_245801_6882197.png

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 21:40:18

At 2/19/21 07:30 PM, Gimmick wrote: looking forward to the developers ripping every inch of skin from my body
jk

boy

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 21:40:55

At 2/19/21 07:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG.

To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team (@ninjamuffin99, @PhantomArcade, @KawaiSprite, @evilsk8r) and over $1.4k from the community!

To participate, create an original animation in the world of Friday Night Funkin’. 

Rules:

You can include OC’s; there are popular mods out there and it could be cool to see those represented in some way. Other third party characters are ok but keep the focus on it being an FNF movie.

It can’t be an animation you made previously, it needs to be made for the jam and include a Newgrounds.com watermark. Don’t have one? PhantomArcade has you covered!

The watermark can be temporary but ideally placed in a way that isn't easily cropped / edited out when people steal your video on other platforms, which will happen.

Your entry should be uploaded to Newgrounds before Youtube or anywhere else.

“Newgrounds is and always will be the home of Friday Night Funkin, so the cartoon goes here first. Feel free to post it anywhere else even minutes later, but NG first baby. Friday Night Funkin is a Newgrounds game after all.” - Funkin’ Team

Please don’t use meme audio or unlicensed commercial music; any dialog should be an original recording and any music should come from a royalty-free source or the FNF soundtrack itself. 

There are no length requirements. Something too short might lack substance, something too long might become boring. Check out the Pet Jam entries for some good examples.

You’re welcome and encouraged to work in teams! If you’d like to join a team, make your interest known in this thread.

Include the FunkinJam tag on NG and #FunkinJamNG when posting on social (wips too!).

“If you break any of these rules, we’ll rip every inch of skin off your body, so thanks for playing nice!” -Funkin’ Crew

Deadline: 

March 10th, sundown.

Drippy Prizes:

1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,300
3rd - $765
4th - $550
5th - $300
6th - $200
7th - $200
8th - $200
9th - $200
10th - $200

If you’re an FNF fan and would like to see the prize numbers go up, or expanded to even more tiers, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me with the heads up you contributed towards the Jam!

Thank you everyone who has sponsored so far!

@hentaiwriter - $1000 - Added tiers 6-10!
@AnonymousAlchemist - $100
@wetzelpretzel - $100
@preskoo - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@tilen - $20
@eluisive-dragon - $15
@Ennuikal - $10
@saligraphy - $10
@fettersundone - $10

Entries will be judged and winners decided by the Funkin' Team.

Other News

We announced an NG Player update and various site updates yesterday.

Pixel Day Winners were announced Saturday and before that was the Best of January.

Does this have to be a flash animation? or can it be stop motion or something?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-21 22:43:58

oh boy time to procastinate

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:02:40

Already started character refs.iu_245948_4468130.jpg

Hope to god I can finish this before the deadline!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:22:28

At 2/22/21 02:02 AM, Helmyir wrote: Already started character refs.
Hope to god I can finish this before the deadline!

Yo, that's awesome! They look like characters from Osmosis Jones!

Internet Rule #1: Believe everything you see on the Internet. Everything on the Internet is true, always.

Internet Rule #2: Ignore Rule #1.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:27:38

It warms my heart to hear that

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:29:25

At 2/19/21 07:46 PM, Urichov wrote: I don't see a no adult content rule. Curious.

do not

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:33:30

does the community rating such as getting it deleted for low reivews affect your particapation in the jam

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:39:10

Would it be aight to use someone's remix of one of the tracks if they allow permission to do so?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 02:40:04

2 questions.

is quick 3-ish second clips of copyrighted music okay?

and are we allowed to use music from the newgrounds audio portal?

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 05:08:03

At 2/22/21 02:29 AM, peepeelord7 wrote:
At 2/19/21 07:46 PM, Urichov wrote: I don't see a no adult content rule. Curious.
do not

you say this as if it would stop me

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 05:26:36

Would it be considered viable if I impose a live-action character onto a backdrop containing original and FNF art assets and editing the motion of the character to create the illusion of it moving like a FNF character. This is a weird and very specific question I know.

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 07:13:22

If anyone is looking for voice actors (even though that may be farfetched for this XD) send me a message! Always willing to help out!

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 08:03:23

Oh, and if anyone needs a voice actor, I'd be happy to help!

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 08:07:57

Such a tight schedule, wish I had more time

If you're an animator and want to team up. I'm looking for some help. DM me <3

We have an animatic ready.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:08:12

At 2/22/21 05:26 AM, DongffTK wrote: Would it be considered viable if I impose a live-action character onto a backdrop containing original and FNF art assets and editing the motion of the character to create the illusion of it moving like a FNF character. This is a weird and very specific question I know.

Something mixed media like that should be ok, I think!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:09:52

Oh yeah time to bring out my animation skills

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:10:26

At 2/22/21 02:40 AM, CackoNG wrote: 2 questions.

is quick 3-ish second clips of copyrighted music okay?
and are we allowed to use music from the newgrounds audio portal?

I wouldn't even chance three seconds, best to avoid completely.

Music from the Audio Portal is fine if it has a Creative Commons license saying so, or notes that it's ok to use in web animation - both are in the bottom left column on desktop. You can also search by these options using the Advanced search tools in NG search.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:11:08

At 2/22/21 02:39 AM, cryptae wrote: Would it be aight to use someone's remix of one of the tracks if they allow permission to do so?

Yup, that would be fine! You an credit the track and note it was used with permission.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:15:09

At 2/21/21 09:40 PM, GalaxyNite wrote: Does this have to be a flash animation? or can it be stop motion or something?

Stop-motion animation is fine!

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 09:51:14

This is a stupid question but do I have to include the Newgrounds logo if I upload to my YouTube channel?

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 10:12:52

At 2/19/21 07:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Many of you have likely noticed Friday Night Funkin’ is a huge hit, on its way to becoming the most popular game in the history of NG.

To celebrate, we’re hosting a Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam, with a $5K prize pool from the Funkin’ team (@ninjamuffin99, @PhantomArcade, @KawaiSprite, @evilsk8r) and over $1.4k from the community!

To participate, create an original animation in the world of Friday Night Funkin’. 

Rules:

You can include OC’s; there are popular mods out there and it could be cool to see those represented in some way. Other third party characters are ok but keep the focus on it being an FNF movie.

It can’t be an animation you made previously, it needs to be made for the jam and include a Newgrounds.com watermark. Don’t have one? PhantomArcade has you covered!

The watermark can be temporary but ideally placed in a way that isn't easily cropped / edited out when people steal your video on other platforms, which will happen.

Your entry should be uploaded to Newgrounds before Youtube or anywhere else.

“Newgrounds is and always will be the home of Friday Night Funkin, so the cartoon goes here first. Feel free to post it anywhere else even minutes later, but NG first baby. Friday Night Funkin is a Newgrounds game after all.” - Funkin’ Team

Please don’t use meme audio or unlicensed commercial music; any dialog should be an original recording and any music should come from a royalty-free source or the FNF soundtrack itself. 

There are no length requirements. Something too short might lack substance, something too long might become boring. Check out the Pet Jam entries for some good examples.

You’re welcome and encouraged to work in teams! If you’d like to join a team, make your interest known in this thread.

Include the FunkinJam tag on NG and #FunkinJamNG when posting on social (wips too!).

“If you break any of these rules, we’ll rip every inch of skin off your body, so thanks for playing nice!” -Funkin’ Crew

Deadline: 

March 10th, sundown.

Drippy Prizes:

1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,300
3rd - $765
4th - $550
5th - $300
6th - $200
7th - $200
8th - $200
9th - $200
10th - $200

If you’re an FNF fan and would like to see the prize numbers go up, or expanded to even more tiers, make a donation on the Supporter page and PM me with the heads up you contributed towards the Jam!

Thank you everyone who has sponsored so far!

@hentaiwriter - $1000 - Added tiers 6-10!
@AnonymousAlchemist - $100
@wetzelpretzel - $100
@preskoo - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@tilen - $20
@eluisive-dragon - $15
@Ennuikal - $10
@saligraphy - $10
@fettersundone - $10

Entries will be judged and winners decided by the Funkin' Team.

Other News

We announced an NG Player update and various site updates yesterday.

Pixel Day Winners were announced Saturday and before that was the Best of January.

can we do flip books?

This was posted by Exlhk (duh)

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 11:30:23

At 2/19/21 07:30 PM, Gimmick wrote: looking forward to the developers ripping every inch of skin from my body

jokes on you im into that

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 11:52:32

HELP WANTED!

I need a voice actor for a doctor and possibly a background artist to make this jam entry.

If I'm getting any of the money, I'm willing to give half of that prize cash.

Dm me if you're interested, I will send the storyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 12:37:02

can't wait to see what comes of this, this is gonna be awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 12:41:53

iu_246135_8605677.gif

At 2/20/21 10:21 PM, SleepingStar wrote: Can someone please give me a straight answer as to whether or not we can have other IPs in the FunkinJam? I just want to have characters from YGO Arc V in the fnf style battle to one of the songs and I don't want to start only to find out it isn't allowed

How is this still unanswered

Response to Friday Night Funkin' Animation Jam! 2021-02-22 15:50:33

At 2/22/21 03:25 PM, Natty23 wrote:
At 2/20/21 10:21 PM, SleepingStar wrote: Can someone please give me a straight answer as to whether or not we can have other IPs in the FunkinJam? I just want to have characters from YGO Arc V in the fnf style battle to one of the songs and I don't want to start only to find out it isn't allowed
How is this still unanswered

Oops, the original post was updated to say other characters are fine.

BBS Signature