00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt!

22,829 Views | 124 Replies
Respond to this Topic

We just migrated the majority of NG to HTTPS! Let me know if anything is broken.

Some SWF games and animation are hard coded to require HTTP. In these cases we can tag them to load over HTTP but we need to know about them. If you find any content that doesn't work (for example, a site locked game that no longer recognizes NG as a valid host), let me know and I'll whitelist it.

Games that call APIs via HTTP will break the page secure status in some browsers. We're probably gonna stick a bumper in front of these so the page remains secure until you choose to start the game.

Our audio player was hard coded to use http and rather than update it, we've replaced it with an HTML5 player. This was an inevitable change regardless since the old player depended on Flash.

NG THEATER SCREENING

@PhantomArcade has organized a screening of Newgrounds animation on Thursday, October 26th, 8pm at the Ambler Theater, 108 E. Butler Ave, Ambler, PA 19002.

The fee for entry is $8 if you pay in advance; pay $8 here and PM PhantomArcade with your full name and the Paypal address used to make payment, he'll put you on the guest list.

Entry fee will be $10 at the door if you haven't paid in advance. Max theater capacity is 240 people!

After the screening we'll reconvene at the Fireside Bar & Grille in Ambler (1211 S Bethlehem Pike, Ambler, PA), a 15 minute walk from the theater.

@FuShark created a fantastic movie poster, worthy of display at the Louvre! We're selling prints via SharkRobot.

We're also selling Skelotank T-shirts featuring PhantomArcade's Halloween Tank Logo, originally made to be used in your Spooktacular animation and games this Halloween.

Lastly, go Support Renaine on Kickstarter! It's a game in the works by @squidly, @Carrion and @mlieberman. Let's launch this team into space!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 15:44:59

Oh hell yeah! Ordering my ticket now! :)

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 15:48:49

tfw https breaks everything :(

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Working great for the most part, but I just got an error when trying to vote on Renaine saying "Error: This script is expecting to be called over SSL." I'm not sure if this is my fault or not.

I love the poster though!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 15:56:53

I wish I could attend the screening, but I live on the wrong end of the country for it. :-(

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 15:58:26

At 9/26/17 03:55 PM, apocolypse101 wrote: Working great for the most part, but I just got an error when trying to vote on Renaine saying "Error: This script is expecting to be called over SSL." I'm not sure if this is my fault or not.

I love the poster though!

Did this happen on a game that you had been playing for a while? If your were still on an HTTP page and voted after the change, it would cause that error. Let me know if you see it while playing a game on HTTPS though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 16:11:42

It's a shame that I live across the pond, otherwise I would totally attend that screening!

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 16:35:13

Sick, I'm definitely grabbing a ticket for the animation screening!

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 16:46:36

Loving that poster! Also, just a few quick questions about the new HTML5 player for the Audio Portal:

- Are there any plans to include a volume slider, rather than the speaker icon being an on/off button as it is now?
- Are there any plans to have some sort of visualizer, or even showing the submission's icon spinning on a record, like the old player had? I don't know much about developing with HTML5, so I don't know if porting that sort of thing would be a headache.

These are both for when you visit a submission's page, by the way; I know there's a volume slider for audio submissions when you play them in-page.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 16:54:20

Looking pro with the HTTPS EV! The screening sounds awesome too. If there wasn't an ocean to cross I'd totally be there.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 17:02:33

At 9/26/17 03:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: Did this happen on a game that you had been playing for a while? If your were still on an HTTP page and voted after the change, it would cause that error. Let me know if you see it while playing a game on HTTPS though.

It was while playing the Renaine demo, but it's fixed now.

BBS Signature

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just migrated the majority of NG to HTTPS! We're still working out the kinks but let me know if you find anything that appears totally broken other than these known issues:

1) SWFs in Dump are showing as a white box.

About 10 mins after I read this I uploaded a SWF to the dump and was very confused what I did wrong. I'm not too good at remembering.

We're also selling Skelotank T-shirts featuring PhantomArcade's Halloween Tank Logo, originally made to be used in your Spooktacular animation and games this Halloween.

I'm 2$ short but mark my words I'll do whatever it takes to get that 2$ paypal so i can buy that shirt

And who needs secured websites when you have SWF'S
AND RIP AUDIO PORTAL VISUALIZER

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 17:51:59

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just migrated the majority of NG to HTTPS! We're still working out the kinks but let me know if you find anything that appears totally broken other than these known issues:
2) Movies in Firefox are being considered insecure and are blocked unless you unblock them.

Hi Tom,

I'm using Firefox (Version 55.03) and currently I only see a black screen when I start a movie. You mentioned that, I know, but I don't know how to unblock the movies, I can't seem to find an option for that here on NG nor anyway in the browser menus. Any help or idea?

Cheers,
Jack

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 18:30:53

Ordered my ticket! This will be cool!

The new audio player looks killer!

Although, one issue could be the fact that the embeds of uploaded songs (posted in the forum) don't seem to play, if clicked on in a post.
They still work as links though.
It still could be just me, sorry if I'm wrong.

"Throw it at him not me!"

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 19:19:59

Most songs have no audio. I'm using chrome on iPhone.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 19:20:39

At 9/26/17 07:00 PM, YaboiMatoi wrote: The new audio player looks killer!

Although, one issue could be the fact that the embeds of uploaded songs (posted in the forum) don't seem to play, if clicked on in a post.
They still work as links though.
It still could be just me, sorry if I'm wrong.

Pages that still use our older design don't have the same audio functionality the newer pages have. That will come when we get everything ported over though.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 20:19:28

At 9/26/17 03:56 PM, apocolypse101 wrote: I wish I could attend the screening, but I live on the wrong end of the country for it. :-(

I know that feeling dude

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 20:24:41

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Let me know if anything is broken.

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/72abacba856d7ec4b85def9ed50e6ef4

The font for "HOME" user pages doesnt match the font of other user pages. Look at the screenshot.
Ive tried Chrome and IE, its using a different font than the one used on the BBS pages.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 21:03:19

I love @Carrion 's art, and am so excited to see him working on big game projects!!

I'll definitely work to carve out some time in my Let's play channel to feature the demo, and attempt to direct some viewers towards that Kickstarter campagin!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 21:23:22

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Our audio player was hard coded to use http and rather than update it, we've replaced it with an HTML5 player. This was an inevitable change regardless since the old player depended on Flash.

so... whats the reason for not letting people choose to use the old player?
i guess the portal wont use flash anymore either, only html5?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 21:37:13

There's something I was worried about regarding the recent change in audio player. It would be great if the time for how long an audio file has been playing was added again. I don't know how long this would take since I have no programming experience, but it would be awesome if you could do it. Thanks!

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 22:40:16

FINALLY. How many years has it been since there's been a NewGrounds shirt for sale?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 23:00:44

Fancy HTTPS and HTML5 audio player. Can't wait to go to the screening.
Sidenote, are the shirt and poster a limited time run?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-26 23:01:35

@TomFulp Is the "Host insecure (http)" option when uploading a game going to stick around? My recent games didn't even preload until I just now checked that option. Maybe due to accessing an external API via http and unhandled exceptions when that fails?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-27 00:56:13

See you silly geese there!

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-27 01:05:33

Thanks for the info. Hope to catch up wit u all there. Until then, first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-27 03:40:29

I'm not good in technical part, and maybe it's my PC or bad connection but new music player seems slower or heavier, it definitely requires more resourses I guess

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

At 9/27/17 03:40 AM, RemileOduen wrote: I'm not good in technical part, and maybe it's my PC or bad connection but new music player seems slower or heavier, it definitely requires more resourses I guess

LMAO. Then imagine the even older one, which was entirely free of shuddering and lag, unlike the new one that was now replaced. Each update only gets it worse.

I doubt I will go scan over 230 favorite games. RIP legacy. (Maybe Kong or AG can preserve them better...)

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-27 04:10:25

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just migrated the majority of NG to HTTPS! Let me know if anything is broken.

Not something exactly broken but ...
Will the new audio player show the songs timeline eventually ?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature