00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt!

22,831 Views | 124 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 04:59:03

At 9/28/17 04:47 AM, LexaHergon wrote:
At 9/28/17 04:43 AM, liljim wrote: If you mean you can't edit the tiny pic separately to the larger icon, then that's nothing to do with this. They're not separate things any more, editing the big icon will replace the smaller one too. The new pages don't have two different images in them.
That's what I meant, didn't knew about that. Sorry

Don't worry about it, I don't think we've actually announced that anywhere - you're not the only one to have noticed, there are a couple of threads in where is / how to about it.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 08:38:08

At 9/27/17 10:00 PM, GDHexhammer wrote: Since this question still doesn't look like it's been answered, when (if at all) will the thing that says how long a track is come back? Before it said how long a song was and how far you were through it (say 1:13/4:40) but that doesn't appear to exist anymore.

No ETA yet but we do intend to bring that back in. Right now we really want to get user pages done because they've been continually sidelined but other projects. After user pages we intend to change the Audio listen page over to the new layout, at which point the player will hopefully get those updates too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 08:40:25

At 9/28/17 02:19 AM, LexaHergon wrote: I found something broken (I'm on firefox).
The option to change / edit your user icon is gone.

Because new user pages will only have one user picture (plus a new page banner), you can only edit the large picture on your user page now - it will generate the smaller versions as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 11:12:59

Audio, Song - Loop not working correctly. There's a "silence" gap at the end of mp3 file.
You know that mp3 files have that little silence at the end of track which ruins the Perfect Loop.
Old player was able to loop perfectly.
Fix that plz, tnx.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 16:07:30

At 9/28/17 01:08 PM, teodorattt wrote: Hi. I have a problem. When I click the play button from my audio submissions, it doesn't play the song, or when it does, it sounds like a horror track because it plays slowly.
Fix this problem please.

What browser / OS are you using?

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 16:23:52

@TomFulp I am having a problem with editing a post, I don't know if it's related to the change over, but I went to edit something to add formatting that I forgot and I just get an error saying "Spam is not welcome here.", so that was a bit odd! Never seen it happen before.

Browser: Firefox

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 16:35:40

I might be able to make my way down there for this! I have a vacation that week, but have a lot to do too. Would be fun to go down that way again though!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 16:49:35

At 9/28/17 04:35 PM, SardonicSamurai wrote: I might be able to make my way down there for this! I have a vacation that week, but have a lot to do too. Would be fun to go down that way again though!

That would be awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-28 16:52:18

At 9/28/17 04:23 PM, TehBerg wrote: @TomFulp I am having a problem with editing a post, I don't know if it's related to the change over, but I went to edit something to add formatting that I forgot and I just get an error saying "Spam is not welcome here.", so that was a bit odd! Never seen it happen before.

Browser: Firefox

Is this happening when you edit a forum post or is this when editing a post on your blog? Could you PM me with the text you are trying to enter? Curious to see if anything looks like it would be flagged as spam. We use an external API for that sort of thing.

BBS Signature

The movie poster is seriously AWESOME!

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 00:56:26

@FuShark created a fantastic movie poster, worthy of display at the Louvre! We're selling prints via SharkRobot.
We're also selling Skelotank T-shirts featuring PhantomArcade's Halloween Tank Logo, originally made to be used in your Spooktacular animation and games this Halloween.

Wait so Newgrounds sort of has a store again?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 08:42:53

At 9/29/17 12:56 AM, BIG-G wrote:
@FuShark created a fantastic movie poster, worthy of display at the Louvre! We're selling prints via SharkRobot.
We're also selling Skelotank T-shirts featuring PhantomArcade's Halloween Tank Logo, originally made to be used in your Spooktacular animation and games this Halloween.
Wait so Newgrounds sort of has a store again?

Sort of! Would be nice to still credit purchases to accounts but that isn't in the cards right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 12:26:29

Really, I think it would be about time for NG to get a consistent look to it... Also, when the new design for this site goes live, do you think there'll be a new design for medals to go with it?

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 13:17:59

>Bugs

I just got a bug where I tried to favourite a movie and it was "Expecting to do it over SSL, refresh the page"
I had to type in https://www.newgrounds etc , manually.

What do I do in the future?

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 13:19:56

At 9/29/17 01:17 PM, carbonlad wrote: >Bugs

I just got a bug where I tried to favourite a movie and it was "Expecting to do it over SSL, refresh the page"

What movie page was it? Any page you attempt to access over HTTP should auto-update to HTTPS, so just want to test whatever URL you were on to see if it happens to me. What browser / OS are you using?

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 13:21:02

Oh update, looks like the pages aren't auto-updating, a change this morning might have caused that, looking into it.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 13:39:54

Something had gotten undone there but is fixed now - content pages should auto-convert to https if you hit an http URL.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 13:57:24

At 9/29/17 01:39 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Something had gotten undone there but is fixed now - content pages should auto-convert to https if you hit an http URL.

Oh ok cool, you figured it out

Just so you know, I was using Chrome vers 61.0 on Windows 7 Pro
I googled "DBZ megaman" and got the bug when I tried to favourite.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 17:16:01

At 9/26/17 03:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Lastly, go Support Renaine on Kickstarter! It's a game in the works by @squidly, @Carrion and @mlieberman. Let's launch this team into space!

Looks like a hybrid between Phoenetopia and Shovel Knight. I love it! I guess i need to get a credit card to support. bawwww

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-29 17:32:07

At 9/29/17 01:57 PM, carbonlad wrote: Oh ok cool, you figured it out

Just so you know, I was using Chrome vers 61.0 on Windows 7 Pro
I googled "DBZ megaman" and got the bug when I tried to favourite.

Google appears to already be updating some links to https vs the old http links, hoping that will all go smoothly.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 02:59:23

Doesn't play in background anymore with iPhones

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 06:26:17

>Bugs

This morning I submitted a track to the audio portal. The submit button blackened but didnt give me the page to my new audio submission.

Is this a bug or what do I do?

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 06:34:09

At 9/26/17 08:24 PM, carbonlad wrote: The font for "HOME" user pages doesnt match the font of other user pages. Look at the screenshot.
Ive tried Chrome and IE, its using a different font than the one used on the BBS pages.

Think I've managed to patch the last of those errors. Let me know if you're still seeing issues (you may need to force reload your page to see changes.)

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 06:53:24

At 9/30/17 06:26 AM, carbonlad wrote: >Bugs

This morning I submitted a track to the audio portal. The submit button blackened but didnt give me the page to my new audio submission.

Is this a bug or what do I do?

I think this could have been an unrelated, transient issue, with purging cached files. I've put in some changes to mitigate the effects of that.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 10:07:50

Can you sneak stuff into the screening that has copyrighted music if we promise not to tell anyone? Some stuff is too classic to not show on a big screen.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 11:05:49

At 9/30/17 10:07 AM, Luis wrote: Can you sneak stuff into the screening that has copyrighted music if we promise not to tell anyone? Some stuff is too classic to not show on a big screen.

Like what? Mostly new stuff, but we're got some of the classics in there.

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 12:30:03

At 9/28/17 08:38 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/27/17 10:00 PM, GDHexhammer wrote: Since this question still doesn't look like it's been answered, when (if at all) will the thing that says how long a track is come back? Before it said how long a song was and how far you were through it (say 1:13/4:40) but that doesn't appear to exist anymore.
No ETA yet but we do intend to bring that back in. Right now we really want to get user pages done because they've been continually sidelined but other projects. After user pages we intend to change the Audio listen page over to the new layout, at which point the player will hopefully get those updates too.

will this affect everyone or just mobile users?
if everyone, i hope the changes will have purpose. meaningless changes are just changes, not progress. what i would want to see the least is newgrounds changing its familiar look just to be trendy or something.
there are many among the most popular websites that never really changed layout- 4chan, Reddit, deviantART, wikipedia, etc.
and userpages are basically the closest thing to the users on the whole site. its the only part only they can edit(besides their submissions and personal pages), almost everything they do on the site is visible there, its a summary of their existence here and a personal space, so its a page i really wouldnt want to feel unfamiliar and alien.

but if its something like the previous layout changes, i probably have no reason to be afraid. i always missed the level and rank stats being displayed instead of just the icons though

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 13:44:19

My number one worry:
Where are my cool song effects? );

"I was born... out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I... BLAAAGGHHH!!" - Bacterion

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 14:42:54

At 9/30/17 10:07 AM, Luis wrote: Can you sneak stuff into the screening that has copyrighted music if we promise not to tell anyone? Some stuff is too classic to not show on a big screen.

No.

BBS Signature

Response to Screening, HTTPS, Poster & Shirt! 2017-09-30 16:27:10

I have noticed that HTTPS has caused me some connectivity issues. For example when I now load various games the site keeps reloading in my browser. I don't recall ever having the problem before. I am mainly using Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). I hope that helps. Please let me know if you want log files. I would love to donate some I.T. time to you. I am really happy with the move to HTTPS to keep us ahead of the bullshit out there.

Skullkid229

Family Man

Adventurer

BBS Signature