00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween NG Logo & Other News!

11,331 Views | 39 Replies
Respond to this Topic

@PhantomArcade has made a spooky Halloween Tank Logo you can use in your Halloween Spooktacular entries!

There's a 1920 x 1080 version, a Sticker / Watermark version and a super hi-res version if you happen to want it. It could be your wallpaper!

You can stick this at the start of your game / animation, or pop the sticker in the corner or on a menu.

The logo is optional but it's a fun way to get into the spirit and help raise awareness of NG.

On that note, if you ever want to rep Newgrounds, you can grab the regular logo here.

The world is a better place when more people know about NG.

If you missed it:

1. The Best of August was announced on Monday.

2. We're organizing a February Space Comedy Extravaganza with new episodes of Starbarians, Captain Tardigrade, The Shooting Stars and Space James!

3. NG has a new search!

4. Madness Day is one week away, September 22nd! I love this entry @IvanAlmighty made last year:

We're currently doing behind-the-scenes work to switch NG over to site-wide https. This is something we've been wanting to do for ages and it is especially important now because Chrome and Google will begin penalizing non-https websites next month.

Then it's back to getting new user pages launched, followed by new content pages and all that other good stuff. Blog posts will finally read well on mobile and you'll be able to react to them too, since often you don't have anything to say but want the author to know they were heard.

Getting this news via email? Don't miss the latest by @RicePirate:

If you like it, consider subscribing to RicePirate's Patreon!

And of course it would be great if you become a Newgrounds supporter, so we can develop the site, organize cool events and sponsor more original material. This is super important and your consideration is much appreciated.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 17:16:56

First!
Cool logo!
More exclamation points!!!

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 17:45:56

Looking forward to more mobile stuff! I like visiting on my phone, but I wish it worked a little better. It starts out zoomed in, then zooms out to almost full size, but the width is a little bit of, so I can still scroll left and right for a few pixels...

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 17:46:45

Hey, that's pretty good! Maybe I'll enter some of these, there must be something I am good at.

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 17:51:22

At 9/15/17 05:45 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: Looking forward to more mobile stuff! I like visiting on my phone, but I wish it worked a little better. It starts out zoomed in, then zooms out to almost full size, but the width is a little bit of, so I can still scroll left and right for a few pixels...

Does that happen to you on the front page or just on pages with the older layout?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 18:06:46

Oh hell yeah, that tank logo is super cool! I will definitely stick it in the corner of my Spooktacular entry's cover image. Like a postage stamp. Because all of my games and cartoons are love letters to Newgrounds :)

Great logo!

The halloween logo looks siick. Good job Mr. Arcade.But is there any chance we can get the source files(.PSD or .FLA or somethin) to mess around with? That'd be pretty neato.

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 19:24:06

At 9/15/17 06:06 PM, KungFuSpaceBarbarian wrote: Oh hell yeah, that tank logo is super cool! I will definitely stick it in the corner of my Spooktacular entry's cover image. Like a postage stamp. Because all of my games and cartoons are love letters to Newgrounds :)

I wish I could react to this post right now! Forum update will be later.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 19:43:06

At 9/15/17 05:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/15/17 05:45 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: Looking forward to more mobile stuff! I like visiting on my phone, but I wish it worked a little better. It starts out zoomed in, then zooms out to almost full size, but the width is a little bit of, so I can still scroll left and right for a few pixels...
Does that happen to you on the front page or just on pages with the older layout?

The zoom out on load still happens on old pages (small zoom difference, but noticable) but I can't scroll horizontally. Horizontal scrolling happens on the FP, and at least my Feed, so it seems like it's new pages. This is in Mobile Chrome on a Google Pixel.

Super FTC!

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 22:42:06

Liking the Halloween logo! Thanks for the update, Tom!

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-15 23:54:51

Blog reacts only.

I like that addition, for the same reason I like it in the other apps/sites that have them.

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 00:05:12

One of these days I'm actually going to contribute to a special day here on NG. Probably Pico Day. Anyway, looking forward to the spoopy Halowe'en content. It's my favourite kind.

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 01:18:49

Logo's too spooky, reported you to the YMCA.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 03:56:01

@TomFulp You said there will be a pumpkin carving contest as Halloween approaches. Do you have any news on that?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 05:45:53

Where's the classic headless tankman with a pumpkin?

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 11:52:28

At 9/15/17 07:14 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: The halloween logo looks siick. Good job Mr. Arcade.But is there any chance we can get the source files(.PSD or .FLA or somethin) to mess around with? That'd be pretty neato.

Here!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6871fb91ca322631ad269f2385abf9fd

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 11:54:01

At 9/15/17 07:43 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: The zoom out on load still happens on old pages (small zoom difference, but noticable) but I can't scroll horizontally. Horizontal scrolling happens on the FP, and at least my Feed, so it seems like it's new pages. This is in Mobile Chrome on a Google Pixel.

So to confirm, on new pages like the front page and the feed, it stars zoomed in, then automatically zooms out but doesn't zoom to an exact fit, at which point you scroll left and right to see the parts that are getting cropped off?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 11:54:43

At 9/15/17 10:18 PM, FGIJonC wrote: all of this is sick sick sick sick sick!

hey @TomFulp , question: you say google will start penalizing those who dont have https, im just curious what the penalty is.

It will be some sort of more noticeable notification that you are visiting an insecure page in Chrome, as well as lower rank in Google search.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 11:55:37

At 9/16/17 03:56 AM, PancakePocket wrote: @TomFulp You said there will be a pumpkin carving contest as Halloween approaches. Do you have any news on that?

No news other than I should officially announce that soon... Are you carving a pumpkin in the next week?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 11:56:22

At 9/16/17 05:45 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Where's the classic headless tankman with a pumpkin?

He's on break.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 12:31:59

At 9/16/17 11:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/15/17 07:14 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: The halloween logo looks siick. Good job Mr. Arcade.But is there any chance we can get the source files(.PSD or .FLA or somethin) to mess around with? That'd be pretty neato.
Here!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6871fb91ca322631ad269f2385abf9fd

This is pretty great, but this seems to be a PSD with the 3 different Halloween tank logos. I meant a file where I can mess around with the layers of the logo and whatnot. thanks

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 13:29:48

At 9/16/17 11:55 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/16/17 03:56 AM, PancakePocket wrote: @TomFulp You said there will be a pumpkin carving contest as Halloween approaches. Do you have any news on that?
No news other than I should officially announce that soon... Are you carving a pumpkin in the next week?

@TomFulp I will try too. I can go to five below or some store to get it! I plan on taking part in this contest though! It will be fun!!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-16 21:59:56

At 9/16/17 11:54 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/15/17 07:43 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: The zoom out on load still happens on old pages (small zoom difference, but noticable) but I can't scroll horizontally. Horizontal scrolling happens on the FP, and at least my Feed, so it seems like it's new pages. This is in Mobile Chrome on a Google Pixel.
So to confirm, on new pages like the front page and the feed, it stars zoomed in, then automatically zooms out but doesn't zoom to an exact fit, at which point you scroll left and right to see the parts that are getting cropped off?

Well, nothing is really cropped off after it zooms out. It's only a few pixels of horizontal scrolling (less than the margin to the right of the user icon). But other than that, yes, that's how it goes. I added a screen shot of the initial zoom before it zooms out, and also have one of the visible horizontal scroll bar (but can only add one picture, I guess).

Super FTC!

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-17 11:09:20

Spooky good news Tom! You're scary handsome too!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-17 14:52:15

At 9/16/17 12:31 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: This is pretty great, but this seems to be a PSD with the 3 different Halloween tank logos. I meant a file where I can mess around with the layers of the logo and whatnot. thanks

Oh whooops, hadn't actually looked that one over. I'll talk to @PhantomArcade about it!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-18 01:52:16

At 9/17/17 11:57 PM, ChubbyMommy wrote:
At 9/16/17 08:39 PM, ChubbyMommy wrote: @Tomfulp

Something to think about?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/70hhzr/will_sell_soul_for_a_sequel/
okay fuck me i guess

https://twitter.com/TomFulp/status/909353485195468800

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-18 03:14:46

My only feature requests are:

Let us see who favorites our Flooshes (even if it's not an actual push update, just a list) and putting GreyClock's E into the 2017 Clock Day collection ( http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/697943 )

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-18 09:00:28

At 9/17/17 11:57 PM, ChubbyMommy wrote:
At 9/16/17 08:39 PM, ChubbyMommy wrote: @Tomfulp

Something to think about?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/70hhzr/will_sell_soul_for_a_sequel/
okay fuck me i guess

Sorry, it's just not anywhere on the agenda at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween NG Logo & Other News! 2017-09-18 09:02:36

At 9/18/17 03:14 AM, PhantomCat wrote: My only feature requests are:

Let us see who favorites our Flooshes (even if it's not an actual push update, just a list) and putting GreyClock's E into the 2017 Clock Day collection ( http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/697943 )

I updated the collection and we do intend to show people who has favorited their stuff, we actually have a bunch of cool favorites-related stuff we can do ever since the favorites overhaul earlier this year but we're working to get all the pages switched to the new layout first.

BBS Signature