00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you afraid of the dark?

1,077 Views | 25 Replies

Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 02:47:25

No not the TV show, do you ever feel scared or unnerved when you're alone in the dark? I know I sure do. It's not usually a problem since I live in an apartment complex in a city full of light pollution. So it's never really pitch black. But since I've been visiting my parents house out in the country a lot lately, I've been reminded of what being in the dark and being able to see the stars again is like.

So how about it, are you afraid?

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 02:58:27

At 4/25/17 02:54 AM, Homicidee wrote: night > morning.

Agreed, I like the ambiance and the lack of sunglare on my monitor. Still get myself spooked though.

Not really.

I live alone so when it's dark I tend to be a little more cautious, but it's not because the dark but more armed robbers and crime.

I actually prefer the dark. the quietness and the fact that less people are around gives me room to breath and I'm less on edge; large crowds put stress on me. I used to do all my grocery shopping at 2am back when I worked nights.

Have any of you ever farted in an empty super market? it's rather funny; it echos and everything.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 05:39:24

"The Darkness is my ally."

BBS Signature

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 07:48:43

When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 08:32:55

I used to be as a child. Not so much now.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 08:46:47

Back as a kid I was
Now I thrive in it

BBS Signature

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 09:30:28

I used to get really scared as a kid, but it doesn't really happen much anymore.
Though, there are times when I stay up way too late at 4 in the morning and I get paranoid.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 09:41:46

When you've seen the scary shit in life.
The darkness is clarity.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 16:29:19

At 4/25/17 04:58 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Not really.

I live alone so when it's dark I tend to be a little more cautious, but it's not because the dark but more armed robbers and crime.

I actually prefer the dark. the quietness and the fact that less people are around gives me room to breath and I'm less on edge; large crowds put stress on me. I used to do all my grocery shopping at 2am back when I worked nights.

Have any of you ever farted in an empty super market? it's rather funny; it echos and everything.

That's a fair reason to be cautious. I don't like crowds much either, thats one of the reasons I dont exercise as much as id like. In the city theres always people walking, so if you arent in sweatpants or some kind of running gear people watch you like you're a weirdo as you run by them. If I do go for a run I do it at night on the least busy roads.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 16:31:14

At 4/25/17 07:46 AM, Gutnacht wrote: I was alot more anxious when I was around 14-16, but not anymore.

I still can't stand silence in the dark though.

I used to live in a couple of old spooky houses. Nothing worse than being in the basement when the power goes out :B
Why do you think you grew out of thst anxiety?

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 16:33:17

At 4/25/17 08:46 AM, Doctor933brains wrote:

:D

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-25 16:38:48

At 4/25/17 09:30 AM, Oddlem wrote: I used to get really scared as a kid, but it doesn't really happen much anymore.
Though, there are times when I stay up way too late at 4 in the morning and I get paranoid.

Ah yes, the worst is when your room is a few dark hallways or stairways away, and you have to turn on the lights for a bit so you go back to having mole vision for 5 minutes until your eyes fully adjust again. Plus when you're overtired you tend to see stuff out of the corner of your eyes briefly. Thats usually how I know its time to sleep XD

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-26 21:33:24

At 4/25/17 02:47 AM, MinatoArisato wrote: light pollution

Holy fucking shit.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-26 23:08:55

At 4/25/17 09:30 AM, Oddlem wrote: Though, there are times when I stay up way too late at 4 in the morning and I get paranoid.

I'm similar. But, I always get up at least once in the night, and walk through the darkened hallway to the bathroom, so I'm really used to it.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-27 01:35:20

At 4/26/17 09:33 PM, Makakaov wrote:
Holy fucking shit.

You've never heard of that? It's basically when there's enough artificial light produced that you can't see the sky. Usually only present in big cities.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-27 01:37:24

At 4/27/17 01:35 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:
Holy fucking shit.
You've never heard of that? It's basically when there's enough artificial light produced that you can't see the sky. Usually only present in big cities.

I know, I heard that term. But I never actually thought i'll see anyone using it casually, like it was a normal definition instead of being some abstract idea that operates on weight of certain words. A fucking pollution, imagine that.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-27 01:42:41

At 4/27/17 01:37 AM, Makakaov wrote:
At 4/27/17 01:35 AM, MinatoArisato wrote:
Holy fucking shit.
I know, I heard that term. But I never actually thought i'll see anyone using it casually, like it was a normal definition instead of being some abstract idea that operates on weight of certain words. A fucking pollution, imagine that.

I dunno fam, it was first explained to me by a couple of friends of mine that I would visit every weekend like 15 years ago. we were sitting by a lake across from a bunch of houses late at night, and they were all partying and lightning up the whole area. Couldn't see the stars so they told me about it. Then I just started noticing it whenever I was in the city.

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 01:35:21

im not really scared of the dark, its whats in it

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 11:53:22

At 4/25/17 09:30 AM, Oddlem wrote: I used to get really scared as a kid, but it doesn't really happen much anymore.

i get paranoid too!
especially if i have a series of bad luck either i keep knocking things over,
i almost slip multiple times,
or i hurt myself unintentionally multiple times.
i'm only afraid of the dark in unfamiliar places especially rural areas.
suburban and rural areas have more serial killers, i think

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 12:15:04

Used to, then I got used to it after staying up late one too many times. Of course, this is "light" darkness, not pitch black, nor "out by the countryside" darkness. No, fuck anything that's not "city darkness".

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 12:39:21

Nah but I prefer the day

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 13:00:44

The night is peaceful, you could stare at a wall for an hour and nobody would judge you. It is a more calm and relaxing time

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 13:10:58

Nah. The Dark is afrait of ME >D

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 13:14:02

At 4/28/17 01:12 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote:
At 4/28/17 01:10 PM, Jenny-Jinya wrote: Nah. The Dark is afrait of ME >D
Fuck off. I said it first.

Sorry Pal, didn't bother to read through the forum. But I stick with my post, so whatever :P

Response to Are you afraid of the dark? 2017-04-28 20:40:23

This reminds me. I come from a pretty populated city and just as well. There never any really "Dark" spots in town due to all the light pollution. I made a trip out to cali from texas and my friend and I pulled over at a mini stop on the road to sleep the night away. This was out near El paso. Long plains and mountains in the distance. I remember it being the blackest night I had ever seen. But I looked up and for the fist time I saw all the stars the were to great in mass to even count. For moments it was like I was in a cave with holes punched in the ceiling of it. So long story short I'm not afraid of the dark. Mostly because I remember those stars above when I am in complete darkness.