00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal Whistle List

14,619 Views | 146 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:38:36

We currently have a lot of users banned from submitting content to our Portal because they have multiple entries flagged for review. The list of flagged entries has become very large so I have set it to clear everything out via an automated script that will run tomorrow.

At this point many blam points and whistle points will be awarded.

If you have submitted something that you feel was a legit entry, and it was removed, we apologize. Be sure to review our guidelines at the bottom of the Portal submit page before re-submitting any of your work. If you feel our users thought your entry was stolen, and it wasn't, be sure to include highly visible credits in the beginning and end of your entry that match your Newgrounds user account information.

We will also be changing around the whistle options at some point. We are going to ask everyone to stop blowing the whistle on "free blam" entries in the near future. This has created a problem as many entries that should just be blammed are getting flagged for our review. Many of the people submitting these entries then email me and ask why it was flagged. It's just a big MESS. :) So we will be working on a new system that will simply assign temporary portal submit bans to users who frequently have their submissions blammed. This will be a cleaner way to control the "free blam" problem.

So we'd appreciate it if everyone would hold back on flagging entries as "free blams" unless you see someone constantly resubmitting the same blammed content over and over.

If anyone has questions about how our system works, and how you can score blam and save points, and whistle content, please click the "HELP" link at the top of any NG page.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:40:43

Way-hey, my whistle level could be Gold by tomorrow.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:44:09

At 6/24/04 03:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We currently have a lot of users banned from submitting content to our Portal because they have multiple entries flagged for review. The list of flagged entries has become very large so I have set it to clear everything out via an automated script that will run tomorrow.

Cool.
Teh justice is served.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:45:04

I would like to say I haven't even touch those buttons that do the flag thing.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:47:06

Well, that makes sense. I was beginning to wonder what was going to happen with the whistle list growing to such huge proportions.

Glad to see that a solution has presented itself. =D

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:47:25

At 6/24/04 03:40 PM, You_Fucking_Cunts wrote: Way-hey, my whistle level could be Gold by tomorrow.

what a coincidence! me too! i could also have my account deleted as well...

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:48:02

Yeah, I blew on three entries yesterday, but I was kinda worried if they actually were free blams. Each time the author said something like "This sucks" or "I spent 2 mins on this" so I figured these were free blams, but someone else may have thought they were legit.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:49:26

one moron flagged me because the play button didnt work! the portal has been getting a little too whistle happy...

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:49:55

At 6/24/04 03:47 PM, DDRManiak wrote:
At 6/24/04 03:40 PM, You_Fucking_Cunts wrote: Way-hey, my whistle level could be Gold by tomorrow.
what a coincidence! me too! i could also have my account deleted as well...

Why?

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:50:37

Oooh - gonna lose a few reviews.

But I don't think I've ever flagged a 'free blam' because no-one recently submitted anything that was labelled a 'free blam'. But people who make one frame disguised as a preloader - should we still flag them or just blam them?

Meh - I'll just blam 'em probably.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:51:39

At 6/24/04 03:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We will also be changing around the whistle options

Can that please mean that you are going to show how many whistle points we need to get to our next rank. Please consider this it is really pissing me off that i can't see where i am or how i'm doing.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:52:03

Good I'm sick of people breacking the rules on perpose just for fun and give NG a hard time. These people skrew it up for every one and shuld get banned.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:53:06

At 6/24/04 03:50 PM, Earfetish wrote: Oooh - gonna lose a few reviews.

But I don't think I've ever flagged a 'free blam' because no-one recently submitted anything that was labelled a 'free blam'. But people who make one frame disguised as a preloader - should we still flag them or just blam them?

Meh - I'll just blam 'em probably.

If it was called 'FREE BLAM' or 'BLAM ME' or 'BLAM!!!!!!!!!!' I would say that's a free blam.

Most of the movies i've flagged were re-submissions.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 15:56:52

At 6/24/04 03:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: So we will be working on a new system that will simply assign temporary portal submit bans to users who frequently have their submissions blammed. This will be a cleaner way to control the "free blam" problem.

Just out of curiosity, what will the duration of a "temporary ban" be? And how many entries do you have to have blammed to get said ban?

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:03:47

exactly

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:06:12

Awesome, only about 5% of the movies i whistled where blammed.

The rest stayed under judgment.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:08:00

At 6/24/04 04:06 PM, Poop4brains wrote: Awesome, only about 5% of the movies i whistled where blammed.

The rest stayed under judgment.

Oops, typo... : (

the rest stayed marked for administrative view.*

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:09:04

At 6/24/04 03:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: At this point many blam points and whistle points will be awarded.

Nice, Elite Guard Second Lieutenant just got a lot closer :D
Glad to see a system set in place to attend to that growing list, as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:11:22

yeah well...ive seen a lot of free blams
hopefully this will help a lot ^_^

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:11:55

A good idea would be to get a group of people or "Portal Mods" thats job is to find entrys that are "whistle" material and make it so only they could blow the whistle, that would help a LOT with all the non rule breaking entrys getting whisled.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:13:18

Gold whistle, here I come.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:16:13

I havnt blown the whistle for free blams ever, but are you completly eliminating the free blam option? Somthing being re-submitted over and over again as free blam...yeah, I think thats "whistle-able", I dunno.

Anyways, as you've said, some things a person creates thats utter crap, is actually very good to the person who made it : / So its hard to tell a free blam, so I just blam it.

Anyways, thanks for the points, and I hope this will solve the overload of whistled entries.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:20:54

Well I got a few things to say one-very sad about the guy who killed himself he was a true man for addmiting him mistakes though in the end he made the biggest one. two-I love newgrounds but are they coming out with anymore retarded animal babies? three-to let you know I have seen quite a few good entries on here so think about it before you delete some of those. Thanks-Demon Dante

Portal Whistle List

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:25:44

Well if it is going to be a new system it should work alot better just can't wait to see it implemented.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:26:32

no mre retarded aniamal babies... sorry man, the guy announced that on number eight.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:32:00

i see a lot of free blams obviously put there for the creator to blam and gain a point. can you actually blam your own movie? if so, then make sure you can't. well that's my 2 cents.

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:40:35

i like cheese.

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:56:40

At 6/24/04 03:56 PM, Proteas wrote: Just out of curiosity, what will the duration of a "temporary ban" be? And how many entries do you have to have blammed to get said ban?

Maybe if a user has 2 entries blammed in a 30 day period they get a 15 day portal ban, or something along those lines.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 16:58:03

At 6/24/04 04:20 PM, Demon_Dante wrote: retarded animal babies

If you want any info on retarded animal babies go read my interview with the creator in the NG mag section ;)

P.S. This is a good idea.. The whistling thing :D

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Whistle List 2004-06-24 17:05:11

At 6/24/04 03:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We currently have a lot of users banned from submitting content to our Portal because they have multiple entries flagged for review. The list of flagged entries has become very large so I have set it to clear everything out via an automated script that will run tomorrow.

What time tomorrow? like an hour after the new day... or right on the new day? 9:00 for me :).