00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LettySupremacy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What happened to Scrotum?

2,885 Views | 43 Replies

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-07 13:14:05

At 12/7/16 12:09 PM, LLCALIREP wrote: hey can anyone tell me where to share a song???

If it's yours, Audio Portal. If it's someone else's, your news.

http://llcalirep.newgrounds.com/follow

Protip: Put this line here. And (optional) best hide it in a witty catch phrase.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-07 20:01:54

I have two questions.

1. Scrotum had music?
2. Now that I think of it, what happened to Jonbro's Crap Game Compilation? It got (somehow) daily 5th.

"I was born... out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I... BLAAAGGHHH!!" - Bacterion

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-07 21:26:09

I've experimented a bit with decompiling SWFs here and there, mainly using SoThink and Flare, but I wasn't aware that you could swap out music and recompile so easily. This is really great news, and knowing Tom and how quickly we got the old 50x50 thumbnails replaced, I feel like this should be resolved without too much trouble. The only potential issue I see is with music videos that would have to be covered for their synchronicity to be preserved.

At 12/3/16 10:16 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote:
At 12/3/16 10:14 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: Someone must have archived this stuff somewhere...
It's probably lost forever. It's for the best that we give up hope now and move on to more important things...

It's still up - I had a few of my projects taken down and I can still tamper with them, though I'm not sure I have FLAs for all of my older work.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-07 23:38:32

@tomfulp what about making a custom player that loads for the flagged flashes, but the player mutes the speaker volume, like what youtube does? Could that be a temporary workaround until this stuff gets sorted out?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-10 11:42:18

At 12/10/16 10:52 AM, kanef wrote: its back up but with replacement music

Hooray! Wait... This means more than I thought...
I did something that means something to Newgrounds!

"I was born... out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I... BLAAAGGHHH!!" - Bacterion

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-10 11:45:35

What about the rest?

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-10 11:47:44

At 12/10/16 11:45 AM, DoubleDenial wrote: What about the rest?

Many were lost. Perhaps they can be found.

By people like you.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-10 12:08:47

At 12/10/16 11:47 AM, YomToxic wrote:
At 12/10/16 11:45 AM, DoubleDenial wrote: What about the rest?
Many were lost. Perhaps they can be found.

By people like you.

I did see a Youtube video of the full series (episode five included).

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-11 14:42:21

At 12/10/16 12:08 PM, DoubleDenial wrote:
I did see a Youtube video of the full series (episode five included).

I managed to find episode 2 and 3 in flash form.

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-11 14:44:01

At 12/11/16 02:42 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 12/10/16 12:08 PM, DoubleDenial wrote: stuff
I managed to find episode 2 and 3 in flash form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW-TV8bFu7o

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-12 16:56:09

At 12/6/16 09:31 PM, DrClay wrote: From what I can see, I believe that event sounds are the ones that you are able to replace.

This is correct, Event sounds get exported separately inside the SWF, but Stream sounds get mixed into a singular audio track that gets distributed across the frames of the SWF. You can reconstruct the stream track (I do this in Swivel) and even replace it, but all other streaming sound effects + vocals will be baked into it. It'd be difficult even for a dedicated audio person to replace the music while keeping everything else intact!

Sad to see old series like this disappearing over something as rudimentary as a copyright issue.. I'd be happy to help with that sound-replacing thing too if it becomes a community-involving effort. I've used Sothink SWF Compiler a bit in the past, but not sure that's any better than the one mentioned. Hope there's a way though.

As for old submissions going down, IMO it'd be great if we could have a system similar to YT in that content pages don't go down along with the submissions, just the infringing content itself, and an error message is shown in its place. Description, reviews, and all that information could remain even if the file itself is temporarily taken down (and the submission removed from the user profile), and review, voting etc functionality for that submission is simply locked until further notice. The error pages that we have now provide very little information as to what used to exist for each particular ID. Even with just the description and comments, a bit of the cultural heritage would be preserved, and people could re-visit those pages and remember.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2016-12-20 21:33:42

@TomFulp

Just replace Robert Miles Children, with Rock Howards theme from Garou and put Scrotum 8 back up please.
They sound exactly the same

BBS Signature

Response to What happened to Scrotum? 2017-08-25 23:42:19

At 12/3/16 09:45 PM, DoubleDenial wrote: I know what's with Brian Beaton, just why is the entire series down? I only just saw this when I was ready for some more of an ugly constantly dying dog, and now it's just gone. ?

Wayback Machine yo! (Spoiler: 4 and 5 are breaking before the Fin, didn't check 1-3 but you can find those easier elsewhere).

Thank my nostalgia!

http://web.archive.org/web/20001120202000/http://www.slitfinger.com:80/