00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ScarletSentinel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ladies of NewGrounds

24,117 Views | 475 Replies

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:14:05

At 5/18/16 06:01 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/18/16 05:58 PM, Tramps wrote: oh hey lancashire huh, that's cool me too - what you doing later huni?
Going to bed. You probably don't know this but I'm already engaged.

Tough luck sonny.

goodnight sweet princess, tell your fiancé to cherish those he loves dearly for you must never take them for granted

even if you come from a shithole like lancashire

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:16:44

At 5/18/16 06:14 PM, Tramps wrote: even if you come from a shithole like lancashire

Lancashire is no cesspool like the REAL hell's pit I came from.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:48:50

At 5/18/16 06:16 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/18/16 06:14 PM, Tramps wrote: even if you come from a shithole like lancashire

You clearly don't live in Preston

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:50:53

At 5/18/16 06:48 PM, Tramps wrote:

PR1. Take THAT.

@Quarl

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:52:46

At 5/18/16 06:50 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/18/16 06:48 PM, Tramps wrote:
PR1. Take THAT.

@Quarl

holy fuck what if we live on the same street. do you hear a woman yelling every night??

( of course you do it's preston)

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:55:31

At 5/18/16 06:52 PM, Tramps wrote: holy fuck what if we live on the same street. do you hear a woman yelling every night??

( of course you do it's preston)

Yes, but even that's better than where I grew up. I can handle a woman yelling at night no trouble; I sleep through it without noticing.

That's one thing I can say about my sleep patterns -- not long after I hit the bed, I sleep.

Some time back I used to live in the PR2 area (read: Fulwood) and there was a similar problem, which didn't quite happen every night but involved a couple screaming the heck at each other on the street every now and then. Now THAT really woke me up because of how close it was to my window. I used to get scared by that. I don't know why -- Preston centre's noise has not been bothersome for me at all, but Fulwood?

Sending you a PM by the way.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 19:26:25

At 5/18/16 06:55 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Sending you a PM by the way.

pulled

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 22:12:33

@Bit, Hey there. I know it's odd that I have your name but with 4 extra letters at the end, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop tagging me please lol. Just don't wanna be caught up in this post. Sorry for the complications in our names. Have a good one. :)

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 22:24:31

At 5/18/16 10:12 PM, BiTSTER wrote: @Bit, Hey there. I know it's odd that I have your name but with 4 extra letters at the end, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop tagging me please lol. Just don't wanna be caught up in this post. Sorry for the complications in our names. Have a good one. :)

Haha I think I may have done that. Its just so fun to add "-ster" to the end of names sometimes. Bitster is quite perfect.
Nice name choice! <3

@Bit, youve still got it ;)

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 22:58:22

At 5/18/16 10:12 PM, BiTSTER wrote: @Bit, Hey there. I know it's odd that I have your name but with 4 extra letters at the end, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop tagging me please lol. Just don't wanna be caught up in this post. Sorry for the complications in our names. Have a good one. :)

OK. I will resist the temptation.

From now on I will refer to myself as the @Bit-ster.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 00:59:14

I forgot to add on to my answer about inspiring women earlier. There is also one of my aunts, who is basically one of if not the wisest person in the entire family. Like seriously, my whole family is intelligent and has good sense but she's the center of go-to advice. and my second mom. When my mom wasn't always around or able to take care of my sister and I (she was, uh...chronically ill since her 20's), it was usually her who took us into her house and fed us and kept us safe. Along with the fact that since she lived down the street from me, my mom would drop my sister and I off to play with our cousin (since we were always bored at home and it was always a lot more fun with the three of us than the two of us).

Then there's Harriet Tubman, for obvious reasons. One of the bravest people in U.S. history.

And...yeah, I think I'm finished.

At 5/18/16 03:22 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/18/16 03:15 PM, Xtr3meR wrote:
Just a quick question.
How many of Tom's dicks do you cut off per day?
Not that many actually. We've gotten far enough into this thread that we're used to all the troll BS. I'm just cutting them off at this point for my own amusement.

You boys would have better luck seducing each other btw...

I always figured that wouldn't really do much. I mean, in a website that makes fun of Tom Fulp anyway, what's making fun of him even more gonna do? :P

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 09:20:19

At 5/18/16 11:22 AM, CaptKirky wrote:
At 5/18/16 11:14 AM, LadyArsenic wrote: It's the people who insist on calling me "M'lady."
It's not like it offends me or anything, by all means knock yourselves out I don't give a shit. But anyone who does it, be aware that I will instantly imagine you as a greasy neckbeard in a fedora. Like, every damn time, hahaha
Only times Ive ever been called "M'lady" is as a joke and they usually do that fake bow and hand roll.
I find that adorable personally.

Hahaha it was cute for the first billion times. People do it a lot more often with me because of my screenname.

-+[What's your poison?]+-

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 15:27:33

At 5/19/16 03:18 PM, Xtr3meR wrote:
At 5/18/16 03:06 PM, Quarl wrote: Damn, things snowballed fast. Better get to work...
Hey @TomFulp, can I get your thoughts about this incident?
How does it feel? Good, bad or just plain wonderful?

I've been enjoying this thread.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 17:44:30

At 5/19/16 03:29 PM, SwisherCovent wrote: taking notes from the master

coys

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 18:47:31 (edited 2016-05-19 18:57:16)

At 5/19/16 12:59 AM, CiviLies wrote: fam

Sorry I failed to respond to this. I got all caught up in drawing dicks that I failed to mention anything relevant. I aim to be that aunt one day. My brother has a three year old and I'm practicing all the time to be the best aunt. Only problem is distance. Casey lives in Colorado, myself Long Island. I hate that distance but maybe I'll drop some personal money into a flight this summer...

At 5/19/16 03:27 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I've been enjoying this thread.

Oh hey, I already posted this dick in chat but for everyone that didn't get to see it, here is the goriest, bloodiest dick I've drawn in this concentration to date. I can 100% do better but all of these ms paint/GIMP things were done in like five minutes. Give me a night, I'll have a dick so bloody you guys will regret ever coming in here.

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 18:50:52

A picture with blood AND cum!

You spoil us too much @quarl

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-19 21:26:49

It's official. I have ruined this thread. The peer pressure was too much. This is the last drawing of it's kind I'm doing. If there is any hope that this thread might pick up and become a general discussion again than so be it. I'm tired of drawing dicks.

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 13:38:19

At 5/19/16 09:26 PM, Quarl wrote: It's official. I have ruined this thread. The peer pressure was too much. This is the last drawing of it's kind I'm doing. If there is any hope that this thread might pick up and become a general discussion again than so be it. I'm tired of drawing dicks.

Im proud of you @Quarl. It was funny as fuck for quite a while though, and you got the Fulp stamp of approval which makes it even better. I'll miss his dicks but Im sure it'll show up some time soon in the future.

Lets talk about one of my favorite things besides gaming and thats books! Im an avid reader. Clearly my obsession with horror relays to reading... in fact, it probably started with books. My favorite author is definitely Stephen King. The man is ridiculous with his writing. He knows how to hook his readers with simplistic but highly entertaining stories. "It" "The Shining" "Doctor Sleep" "Joyland" "Revival" and more. I'll read his literature for the rest of my life. Theres so many Ive read and so many that I havent yet.

Though I love Mr King, I think my favorite book is "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom (He also wrote "Tuesdays with Morrie", which I was forced to read in high school- not sure if you guys had to too- it was okay) That story was probably the 1st book I read aside from school reading that blew my mind and ultimately kicked off my severe reading habit. Its just a beautiful story.

Im currently finishing up a short story book by Koji Suzuki, he wrote "Ring" (the novel "The Ring" is based off) Its pretty good so far. Im going to finish it soon enough and would love suggestions.

Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book? We can even talk genres.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 13:48:02

At 5/20/16 01:38 PM, CaptKirky wrote: Lets talk about one of my favorite things besides gaming and thats books! Im an avid reader. Clearly my obsession with horror relays to reading... in fact, it probably started with books. My favorite author is definitely Stephen King. The man is ridiculous with his writing. He knows how to hook his readers with simplistic but highly entertaining stories. "It" "The Shining" "Doctor Sleep" "Joyland" "Revival" and more. I'll read his literature for the rest of my life. Theres so many Ive read and so many that I havent yet.

You and my fiancé should talk about books. He LOVES Stephen King's books.

Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book? We can even talk genres.

I love Tolkien. Read every Lord of the Rings volume, The Hobbit, Roverandom and now onto The Silmarillion. Otherwise, whatever I read is by recommendation, though I'm now only catching up on the literary classics -- Great Expectations comes to mind (Dickens).

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 18:13:03 (edited 2016-05-20 18:13:57)

At 5/20/16 01:38 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Lets talk about one of my favorite things besides gaming and thats books!

This subject is going to enthrall slug so much...

A Stephen King fan eh? I haven't picked up one of his books since high school but I had a friend reading through his Dark Tower series not long ago. I respect him a lot for his career and I like that the subject matter he writes about isn't as lame as something like a Nora Roberts novel. He got popular writing novels that weren't necessarily mainstream while simultaneously becoming mainstream. Plus he plugged "Y: The Last Man" really hard which is a comic series I follow. They put his name on every cover with the quote "this is the best graphic novel I've ever read."

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo re-sparked my love to read when I was living out in California. I wouldn't have survived without books out there. I'd hide in my room all day and read books for fear of going outside. It really sucks that Stieg Larson passed away, the person continuing the Dragon Tattoo legacy wrote a shitty book #4 imo.

Im currently finishing up a short story book by Koji Suzuki, he wrote "Ring" (the novel "The Ring" is based off) Its pretty good so far. Im going to finish it soon enough and would love suggestions.

Haha, that 's awesome! I have such a hard time reading a book if I saw the movie and liked it enough to not care about the book. The books are always better but damn if I can give myself the time for one. If I'd recommend anything I'd possibly say do a Chuck Palahniuk novel. He's known for writing the book that spawned Fight Club. I read his book Rant and holy damn is that a new feeling. Every paragraph or so is written from the perspective of someone else at somewhere else. It's a mind fuck at first but when you get into it it sucks you in hard. Every now and then you get a paragraph interlude from a scientist or an archaeologist that teaches you something interesting about cultures or diseases. Really odd book but if you liked the ring, maybe you'll like this crazy story. The main character is legend.

At 5/20/16 01:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
I love Tolkien. Read every Lord of the Rings volume, The Hobbit, Roverandom and now onto The Silmarillion. Otherwise, whatever I read is by recommendation, though I'm now only catching up on the literary classics -- Great Expectations comes to mind (Dickens).

Slug is going to hate me for saying this but I've never read a Tolkien novel. Actually, I kind of hate myself for saying that. May I just say that I respect you for reading great expectations but I can save you some time if you'd rather watch this South Park rendition of it. I'd post to south park's official site but apparently the episode is down.

Books. What a great topic to crack open.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 18:26:37

At 5/20/16 06:13 PM, Quarl wrote: Slug is going to hate me for saying this but I've never read a Tolkien novel.

._.

Ladies of NewGrounds

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 18:32:10 (edited 2016-05-20 18:38:48)

At 5/20/16 06:13 PM, Quarl wrote:
A Stephen King fan eh? I haven't picked up one of his books since high school but I had a friend reading through his Dark Tower series not long ago. I respect him a lot for his career and I like that the subject matter he writes about isn't as lame as something like a Nora Roberts novel. He got popular writing novels that weren't necessarily mainstream while simultaneously becoming mainstream. Plus he plugged "Y: The Last Man" really hard which is a comic series I follow. They put his name on every cover with the quote "this is the best graphic novel I've ever read."

He is seriously amazing. I hear he has a twitter that is super popular but I read his reviews and articles in Entertainment Weekly and hes such a "currrent" writer and basically a pop icon in a way. I would honestly die if I met him cause I would just want to pick his brain apart.

Haha, that 's awesome! I have such a hard time reading a book if I saw the movie and liked it enough to not care about the book. The books are always better but damn if I can give myself the time for one. If I'd recommend anything I'd possibly say do a Chuck Palahniuk novel. He's known for writing the book that spawned Fight Club. I read his book Rant and holy damn is that a new feeling. Every paragraph or so is written from the perspective of someone else at somewhere else. It's a mind fuck at first but when you get into it it sucks you in hard. Every now and then you get a paragraph interlude from a scientist or an archaeologist that teaches you something interesting about cultures or diseases. Really odd book but if you liked the ring, maybe you'll like this crazy story. The main character is legend.

Oh you have to let that go! Some of my favorite books were movies that I saw prior to reading. Mystic River was by far the best. I think that helps because as you said the books are ALWAYS better. I also try really hard to read a book if I hear that its coming out too. "Girl on a Train" "The Boy who Drew Monsters" "
"The Girl with all the Gifts" "Ready Player One" All books Ive read recently that are coming out in the next few years. So stoked. Just hope they dont fuck it up as they did with Gone Girl, that movie was TERRIBLE. "Room" was okay too. The book was insane.

Rant sounds really good. Definitely gonna check that out.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 18:47:40 (edited 2016-05-20 18:50:48)

At 5/20/16 01:38 PM, CaptKirky wrote:

My favorite author is definitely Stephen King. The man is ridiculous with his writing. He knows how to hook his readers with simplistic but highly entertaining stories.

Stephen King is definitely a favorite of mine for that exact reason.

Another very blunt-but-beautiful writer is Charles Bukowski. A lot of people saw a bitter egomaniac, but his writing shows us a tortured soul longing for the good in this world.

The writings of Edgar Allen Poe caught my interest at a very early age. I actually discovered him in my middle school library and was transfixed by his eye for detail.

The series, Dune, is extremely underrated. With its immersive universe and cultures, it is very easy to get lost in the world of Arrakis. There's one quote from the books that has really resonated with me. It goes as such:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Another favorite is the memoir, "Running With Scissors". The author's tone is so subtle that you barely realize that you are reading; one could be convinced that they merely dreamed the book. Its varied characters and winding plot keeps you clawing at the next page as you read about Augusten's strange relationship with his mother's doctor.

I could literally spend all day spitting out new titles for you guys to look into, but I'm just going to throw one more at you

My brother recently gifted me the graphic novel, Cowboy Ninja Viking. At first, I was unimpressed by the weak title, but as I continued to read about the "Triplet" Duncan and his constant battle between three personalities, I found myself completely hooked. But here's the catch: he's not necessarily special in this aspect. Duncan was actually selected amoungst other "Triplets" for experimentation, enhancing each of the personalities' strengths. Many of these "Triplets" aren't morally stable, though, so, it is up to Duncan and his team to diffuse the situation. Beautifully drawn, each series is done in a different color. Highly recommend for any "dark humor" enthusiasts or any Deadpool fans.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-20 18:57:58 (edited 2016-05-20 18:58:39)

At 5/20/16 06:32 PM, CaptKirky wrote:

Just hope they dont fuck it up as they did with Gone Girl, that movie was TERRIBLE.

THAT REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER FAVORITE
They fucked up the movie for this novel so badly, I literally walked out of the theater.
The Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy series is Douglas Adam's masterpiece.
42/10
Would clockwork-orange-style force someone to read these books.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-22 01:34:10

At 5/20/16 06:57 PM, SlugofDoom wrote:

THAT REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER FAVORITE
They fucked up the movie for this novel so badly, I literally walked out of the theater.
The Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy series is Douglas Adam's masterpiece.
42/10
Would clockwork-orange-style force someone to read these books.

REALLY?! I really liked Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I never read the book though I have it. One of these days Ill get to it. Its a VERY long book.

How are you guys doing? I lost my shit while Newgrounds was down the past day. Ive missed you guys so much!!!

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-22 02:02:05

Read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" in high school. Pretty good book.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a Russian crime novel that revolves around a murderer and petty thief playing cat-and-mouse with a police officer while hanging around a prostitute. Heavily centered around themes of existentialism.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-24 12:58:13

At 5/22/16 02:02 AM, CiviLies wrote: Read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment" in high school. Pretty good book.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a Russian crime novel that revolves around a murderer and petty thief playing cat-and-mouse with a police officer while hanging around a prostitute. Heavily centered around themes of existentialism.

Im honestly trying to remember if there was ANY book that I read in High School that I liked. I think Huck Everlasting was pretty good but I cant really remember the story line anymore... I think I just may have to reread that.

What about you ladies @Quarl @SlugofDoom @Troisnyx, anything from highschool you liked?

Also, @Bit and @NekoMika, join the convo.

I was gonna write a whole RIP Ladies of Newgrounds post but fuck that. I refuse to let this die.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-24 13:11:52

At 5/24/16 12:58 PM, CaptKirky wrote: What about you ladies @Quarl @SlugofDoom @Troisnyx, anything from highschool you liked?

Nothing.
Secondary school for me was riddled with politically motivated abuse. I was treated quite awfully. Even thinking about it...

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-24 13:37:58

At 5/24/16 12:58 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Im honestly trying to remember if there was ANY book that I read in High School that I liked. I think Huck Everlasting was pretty good but I cant really remember the story line anymore... I think I just may have to reread that.

Is that some kinda... cross between Huckleberry Finn and Tuck Everlasting? ; D

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-24 14:10:05

At 5/24/16 01:37 PM, Piper wrote:
At 5/24/16 12:58 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Is that some kinda... cross between Huckleberry Finn and Tuck Everlasting? ; D

Oh yea, thats what its called! Tuck Everlasting. lol, Sorry, its been like 15 years, give me a break.