00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kenjo12345 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ladies of NewGrounds

24,118 Views | 475 Replies

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 11:24:46 (edited 2016-05-17 11:26:40)

At 5/17/16 11:19 AM, Xtr3meR wrote:

Me and Tom Fulp are like twins. Just call me XFulp.

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 12:04:27 (edited 2016-05-17 12:08:17)

At 5/17/16 02:33 AM, Troisnyx wrote: So ladies:
Any amazing women you look up to? Could be more than one. I'd like to know how and why, too.

Sorry Im a bit late to the convo, I had much needed beauty sleep after my ridiculously long day at work.

My mother is the kindest person I know but I never really looked up to her besides her actions towards good will. She has always been an extremely helpful person and I aspire to be that way as well but its hard when you have an ego the size of the moon. Im sorry for your loss @Quarl, your mother sounded like an amazing woman and its lovely to see youre following (not even, sounds like your there already) in her footsteps.

@Troisnyx, Im sorry as well that you didnt have the mother that we all want and deserve. I identify mostly with my father (he is the most important person in my life and a great man) and he had abusive parents as well. He hardly talks about it but there have been many moments in my life growing up where I can see how certain aspects of his childhood and having the parents he did, had affected him. But ultimately you are beyond your parents. My dad could have been a terrible person, but he aspired to be different and loving and everything his father wasnt. I think having a rough childhood can bring the best out of you if you let it and from knowing you for the little amount I have, I see you are different as well.
You are a very clever and profound woman and you should be extremely proud ( I hope you are)

I know it sounds cliche as fuck but I really look up to Oprah. I think she is one of the most influential people of my generation and she had yet to fall from that pedestal. Shes an amazing woman who really grew into her fame and fortune and did it extremely carefully and perfectly in my opinion. With her path, I really came to terms with how not everything comes easy for a person and there are struggles along the way, but if youre persistent and wholesome that anything is possible. Being a strong black woman, I really identify with her. She has been doing alot of meditations with Deepak the past few years and Ive been participating since the 1st one. I know there are women out there who dont like her (and in my opinion they are jealous) but I dont care. I think if you really know her and understand the life that shes struggled with, then its eye-opening and she deserves everything she has.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 12:06:23

At 5/17/16 11:24 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/17/16 11:19 AM, Xtr3meR wrote:
Me and Tom Fulp are like twins. Just call me XFulp.

Watching Tom cry is like watching a million kittens being thrown into a Volcano...I just cant handle it. :(

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 12:34:57

At 5/17/16 12:06 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Watching Tom cry is like watching a million kittens being thrown into a Volcano...I just cant handle it. :(

I kind of wanted that reaction from the boys. I figured taking something they respected down a peg would illicit fear in them but sadly I've tormented one of my own. Sorry Kirky. Maybe I should hold back on all the drawings I made in preparation of shit posts. These are some of the saddest pictures of Tom Forp I've ever laid eyes on. He's a great guy, really. I love Tom York, this post hurts me just as much.

Everyone, please. Can't we all just get along? If not for ourselves than for Forp.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 12:39:26

At 5/17/16 12:34 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/17/16 12:06 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
I kind of wanted that reaction from the boys. I figured taking something they respected down a peg would illicit fear in them but sadly I've tormented one of my own. Sorry Kirky. Maybe I should hold back on all the drawings I made in preparation of shit posts. These are some of the saddest pictures of Tom Forp I've ever laid eyes on. He's a great guy, really. I love Tom York, this post hurts me just as much.

Everyone, please. Can't we all just get along? If not for ourselves than for Forp.

Dont you dare hold back. Its what needs to be done. Poor Tom... So many dicks gonna go to waste. Can I get one at least? For safe keeping?

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 13:18:31

At 5/17/16 12:39 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Dont you dare hold back. Its what needs to be done. Poor Tom... So many dicks gonna go to waste. Can I get one at least? For safe keeping?

Hold on, I'll be right there.

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 14:17:09

At 5/17/16 01:18 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/17/16 12:39 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Hold on, I'll be right there.

Damn I kind of wanted it attached but this will do. Its alot bigger than I thought. The blood will do as a lovely lube.

Thanks love ;)

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 16:51:59

At 5/17/16 02:17 PM, CaptKirky wrote:

Thanks love ;)

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 19:24:45 (edited 2016-05-17 19:31:33)

At 5/17/16 02:33 AM, Troisnyx wrote: So ladies:
Any amazing women you look up to? Could be more than one. I'd like to know how and why, too.

My grandmother, definitely. I briefly described back on page 6 how she sacrificed her chance at college in order for her brother to be successful and how she painted under a male alias for a long time. She was my biggest fan; always smelled of oil paints and always had an oatmeal cookie ready for my brother and I. We were always on a first-name basis, and I lived for people's reactions to me addressing my grandmother by her name, Phyllis. Her husband, John, passed during my father's teens, so she had to fend for her and her child for a long time before eventually joining her love in the cosmos. Here's a photo of Phyllis being serenaded by John

My female friends are a constant inspiration and truly give me hope for our generation. They exercise their bodies almost as much as their brains, and their intelligence and creativity makes them that more impressive. Even when we are separated for years at a time, when reunited, we still bare our bones and thoughts to each other as if not a second had passed. here is a link to my friend Lucia's poetry blog.

A huge hero of mine is a close family friend of ours who recently passed, Ann Shengold. My parents met Ann through her brother, Rob during their studies at RISD. After many years of friendship, Rob eventually fell victim to skin cancer, and had to leave us. Though his departure brought our family much sorrow, it also brought us closer to Ann and her wonderful mother, Paula. Poor Paula has now outlived both of her children... Ann was a radiant spirit, who did her best to spread joy wherever she went. You wouldn't be able to compliment anything of hers without her trying to give it to you. One very vivid memory of mine is from back when I was in high school. My parents had gone away for the weekend and didn't trust me alone, so they left me in Ann's care. I had mentioned to her in passing that I had wanted to dye my hair red for a very long time. I was amazed that her reaction was to immediately buy me hair coloring. She literally drove out to the nearest drugstore and bought two items: hair dye and starbursts, which Ann had offered to the woman at the register as soon as she had purchased them. Long story short, red is not my color, so we panicked and drove to a salon to change my hair back. Little did I know that this "salon" was actually a very expensive spa about 2 hours out of her way. She had thrown so much money into my stupid hair idea, I couldn't help but feel guilty for her kindness. Even after all that, my parents still realized that my hair was the wrong color when they got back orz

Some other artists that I look up to are Frida Kahlo, Marina Abramovic, and Amanda Palmer.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-17 23:19:20

Sup ladies

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 00:55:37

At 5/10/16 07:20 PM, CaptKirky wrote: So tired of people calling me "bro" and "dude" in respond to my reviews.

I AM A LADY.

Where my ladies at?

When I first joined NG everyone thought I was a dude. It used to hurt.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 07:26:21

At 5/18/16 12:55 AM, Mizzjuicyflava wrote:
When I first joined NG everyone thought I was a dude. It used to hurt.

Welcome to the thread Ms. Juice! I'm just letting you know that most of the boys here don't seem to understand that. That was the first topic brought up and guys came running in here to call us toxic for it. We've reached out a little in this thread and found that there's a fair number of girls on the site so it's safe to say that your not alone.

If your planning on jumping into the conversation some of the topics we've been on include: favorite Disney princesses, role models (male or female), cutting off Tom Fulp's dicks, other noteworthy female artists on newgrounds, marriage, sexuality, life in general...

That part about cutting off dicks stemmed from a threat. Boys keep stumbling in here to shit post. I've kidnapped Tom Fulp and am cutting off a dick for every shit post I see hence forth. Sorry in advance if it bothers you...

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 07:58:13

At 5/10/16 07:20 PM, CaptKirky wrote: So tired of people calling me "bro" and "dude" in respond to my reviews.

I think everyone would automatically assume that everyone's a guy in the internet unless the user would state that she's a girl or if has a girly name.

Where my ladies at?

And yo, here I am

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 08:46:56

At 5/18/16 07:58 AM, Goreguese wrote:
I think everyone would automatically assume that everyone's a guy in the internet unless the user would state that she's a girl or if has a girly name.

And then when the user DOES state that she's a girl or has a girly name, the guys go "oh but there are no girls on the internet." Since when? It may seem like a harmless comment but it is misogyny, implying that either girls are so dumb that they won't wind up on sites like this one, or that they somehow have to have other interests because they are girls. The implication may not be intended, but the effects are perpetuated by statements like these. So yes, I feel you. These comments have been made to me many a time.

Where my ladies at?
And yo, here I am

Nice to meet you! ^_^

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 11:14:12

It's the people who insist on calling me "M'lady."
It's not like it offends me or anything, by all means knock yourselves out I don't give a shit. But anyone who does it, be aware that I will instantly imagine you as a greasy neckbeard in a fedora. Like, every damn time, hahaha

-+[What's your poison?]+-

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 11:19:57

At 5/18/16 08:46 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/18/16 07:58 AM, Goreguese wrote:
And then when the user DOES state that she's a girl or has a girly name, the guys go "oh but there are no girls on the internet." Since when? It may seem like a harmless comment but it is misogyny, implying that either girls are so dumb that they won't wind up on sites like this one, or that they somehow have to have other interests because they are girls. The implication may not be intended, but the effects are perpetuated by statements like these. So yes, I feel you. These comments have been made to me many a time.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with that statement @Troisnyx. Just because my name doesnt have some rainbows and butterfly reference in it, Im automatically assumed to be a boy and thats so absurd. I have probably the girliest picture of Flapjack as my icon (not on purpose, I actually just really like that thumbnail) and "Capt" in my handle and its like "definitely a bro"

It just kind of reminds me of growing up a gamer and whenever it was brought up, guys were just so fascinated (more shocked actually), like "YOU LIKE TO GAME?! Well let me question you about everything I know to show how superior I am to you, even if youve been gaming since you were a child" Its like we're figments of horny boys imaginations.
We cant possibly exist. You DEFINITELY cant be an attractive girl that games and knows what shes talking about. Madness.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 11:22:57

At 5/18/16 11:14 AM, LadyArsenic wrote: It's the people who insist on calling me "M'lady."
It's not like it offends me or anything, by all means knock yourselves out I don't give a shit. But anyone who does it, be aware that I will instantly imagine you as a greasy neckbeard in a fedora. Like, every damn time, hahaha

Only times Ive ever been called "M'lady" is as a joke and they usually do that fake bow and hand roll.
I find that adorable personally.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 12:04:16

At 5/18/16 11:19 AM, CaptKirky wrote: You pretty much hit the nail on the head with that statement @Troisnyx. Just because my name doesnt have some rainbows and butterfly reference in it, Im automatically assumed to be a boy and thats so absurd. I have probably the girliest picture of Flapjack as my icon (not on purpose, I actually just really like that thumbnail) and "Capt" in my handle and its like "definitely a bro"

Without context I think most guys automatically read everything as if it's coming from a male voice. When you've never had your gender throw back into your face it ends up being something you have to teach yourself to think about when you're dealing with people speaking anonymously. It's nice on the forums here since it's a small community and it's easy enough to click on people's profiles (even if people occasionally lie). On sites like Reddit I'll still make the mistake even though I know it's something I should be better at. I'll be reading a long post, assuming it's a guy my age and they'll eventually mention that they're a 50+ year-old woman. It's a hard habit to break, but it does point out that devoid of context there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the the male and female voice.

Its like we're figments of horny boys imaginations. We cant possibly exist. You DEFINITELY cant be an attractive girl that games and knows what shes talking about. Madness.

I just hate when guys bitch that women don't understand gaming, but whenever they meet one who who does they have to call her out for not being a real gamer and doing it for attention. Jesus Christ, what do you want, you can't have it both ways.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 13:09:36

so glad I came back for this

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:06:34

At 5/18/16 01:09 PM, Tramps wrote: so glad I came back for this

Here you go.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:10:57

At 5/18/16 02:06 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/18/16 01:09 PM, Tramps wrote: so glad I came back for this
Here you go.

Typical women, you post one thing in a thread and they all fuckin jump on you wanting to be objectified with your natural body.

One day I wish you girls would realise how objectifying it is to be a guy on the Internet.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:16:47

At 5/18/16 02:10 PM, Tramps wrote:
Typical women, you post one thing in a thread and they all fuckin jump on you wanting to be objectified with your natural body.

One day I wish you girls would realise how objectifying it is to be a guy on the Internet.

This comment is making me lol so hard right now. That first sentence... I don't even know what it's trying to say, it's so adorable! Baby talk, aws.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:38:22

At 5/18/16 02:16 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/18/16 02:10 PM, Tramps wrote:

This comment is making me lol so hard right now. That first sentence... I don't even know what it's trying to say, it's so adorable! Baby talk, aws.

"27, Female"

you do realise i am only 23 and this is condescending and borderline molestation. i will be contacting the admins on this matter

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:53:11

At 5/17/16 11:19 PM, PussyShark wrote: Sup ladies

Suh dudette

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 14:59:35

HEY LADIES I'M LOOKING FOR AN INTERNET GIRLFRIEND OR REAL LIFE GIRLFRIEND PM ME PLEASE.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 15:06:29

At 5/18/16 02:59 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: HEY LADIES I'M LOOKING FOR AN INTERNET GIRLFRIEND OR REAL LIFE GIRLFRIEND PM ME PLEASE.

Damn, things snowballed fast. Better get to work...

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 15:22:04

At 5/18/16 03:15 PM, Xtr3meR wrote:
Just a quick question.
How many of Tom's dicks do you cut off per day?

Not that many actually. We've gotten far enough into this thread that we're used to all the troll BS. I'm just cutting them off at this point for my own amusement.

You boys would have better luck seducing each other btw...

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 17:50:41

At 5/18/16 03:22 PM, Quarl wrote:

I know right? But I guess that's the way it works...

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 17:58:11

At 5/18/16 05:50 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/18/16 03:22 PM, Quarl wrote:
I know right? But I guess that's the way it works...

oh hey lancashire huh, that's cool me too - what you doing later huni?

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-18 18:01:17

At 5/18/16 05:58 PM, Tramps wrote: oh hey lancashire huh, that's cool me too - what you doing later huni?

Going to bed. You probably don't know this but I'm already engaged.

Tough luck sonny.