00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ladies of NewGrounds

24,175 Views | 475 Replies

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-11 23:36:53

So like when does the pillow fighting start?

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:16:43

At 5/11/16 12:34 PM, CaptKirky wrote: Im sure there were more females there...hopefully.
I know there are more females here on NG then I assumed. There just has to be.

Can confirm. There were plenty of girls at the office. It was awesome. Jaxxy, Mindy, Cameron, VikoRano, moo, myself... there were plenty others I just am super awkward and didn't say hi to everyone. There was so much creative diversity at the office. I was personally really happy to get the chance to meet Rucklo. The guy flew all the way out from Sweden and was beyond jet lagged.

So yeah, here's a business card I got from Mary Moo.

Ladies of NewGrounds

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:20:29

Ooo what kind of gallery? I work at a photo studio so I understand that business :D
Really? That's amazing! My dad used to own a photo studio; it was established by my grandfather. Does your studio focus more on digital media or traditional film? The gallery I'm working at isn't very picky about media or stature- its main goal is to be a podium for which artists of all calibers can display their work. They've actually left me in charge of most of the advertising and social media stoof, so it's a pretty sweet deal so far! :D

Was your father and grandfather photographers as well? My studio works with both but mainly digital. I work with many photographers and its mainly based on what their forte is. Personally (for I am a photographer as well) am mainly digital as well though I love film. I work with a hasselblad when I can cause its kind of both worlds :D

That main goal you mentioned is exactly why I love galleries. If I didnt work at a studio, Im pretty sure I would be at an art gallery. Thats so exciting, Im glad to hear you like it so far.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:24:04

At 5/12/16 12:16 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/11/16 12:34 PM, CaptKirky wrote: Im sure there were more females there...hopefully.
I know there are more females here on NG then I assumed. There just has to be.
Can confirm. There were plenty of girls at the office. It was awesome. Jaxxy, Mindy, Cameron, VikoRano, moo, myself... there were plenty others I just am super awkward and didn't say hi to everyone. There was so much creative diversity at the office. I was personally really happy to get the chance to meet Rucklo. The guy flew all the way out from Sweden and was beyond jet lagged.

So yeah, here's a business card I got from Mary Moo.

Im so happy to hear this and thanks so much for the name drops because I now have new artists to look into.

Im sure Pico Day was a blast. It must be so intense to be in a room with so many creative people. Intensely good.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:25:48

At 5/11/16 10:29 PM, Jin wrote: I'm a girl.

Welcome Jin. How are you love?

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:33:37

At 5/12/16 12:24 AM, CaptKirky wrote:
Im sure Pico Day was a blast. It must be so intense to be in a room with so many creative people. Intensely good.

Oh damn, I completely forgot about Hania. Flipping derp. Here are some of their pages. Surprisingly I didn't lose my nerves till the end of the night. I don't know why but it just felt natural being around all those people. They all felt incredibly familiar in an odd way. Reminded me of being in art school and just going around sniffing butts like a dog. The best way to make friends at an event like that is to bring a sketch pad with you and share talents. Art school was the same way. So much talent, so many walks of life. I feel so recharged.

Shout out to Slugofdoom, she's sitting in the next room. IRL BFF <3 <3

http://hania.newgrounds.com/

http://vickorano.newgrounds.com/

http://cameron-ohara.newgrounds.com/

http://jaxxy.newgrounds.com/

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 00:35:50

At 5/10/16 07:32 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 5/10/16 07:27 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
At 5/10/16 07:25 PM, Chdonga wrote: Gender specific pronouns are a relic of time. Get over yourself and stop looking for things to feel insulted over.
Jeez calm down, its not that serious. I just wanted to connect with the girls.
I'm not mad. But complaining about being called "dude" and "bro" is cancer.

yeah dude and calling everything casual on the internet 'cancer' is pretty sad isn't it

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 01:06:51

At 5/10/16 07:20 PM, CaptKirky wrote: ...

So I noticed this before but I just wanted to point out that I like how both of our icons came from the same show.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 01:19:50

At 5/12/16 12:25 AM, CaptKirky wrote: Welcome Jin. How are you love?

I'm inspired by this thread I think I'll start making stuff...

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 01:20:17

At 5/12/16 01:16 AM, Voltage wrote: This is the second time you've posted in this thread with that

I'm a girl.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 05:27:05

Fucking sexist.

Justice for men.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 06:37:02

At 5/12/16 01:06 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 5/10/16 07:20 PM, CaptKirky wrote: ...
So I noticed this before but I just wanted to point out that I like how both of our icons came from the same show.

I pm you...

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 06:39:34

At 5/12/16 05:27 AM, Gagsy wrote: Fucking sexist.

Justice for men.

Hardly sexist, I'm probably the biggest advocate for male presense and ego but sometimes you've just had enough cock and bullshit.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 06:41:17

At 5/12/16 01:16 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 5/11/16 10:29 PM, Jin wrote: I'm a girl.
This is the second time you've posted in this thread with that

I'm a little wary as well.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 06:42:00

At 5/12/16 01:19 AM, Jin wrote:
At 5/12/16 12:25 AM, CaptKirky wrote: Welcome Jin. How are you love?
I'm inspired by this thread I think I'll start making stuff...

I hope you're being honest because that's great...

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 07:56:15

Cool. Enjoy your time as a lady in here I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 07:57:29

TRIGGERED

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 07:59:51

At 5/12/16 06:42 AM, CaptKirky wrote:
I hope you're being honest because that's great...

Newgrounds, troll capital of the world. Half the reason I was so apprehensive of this thread is because I was afraid there'd be a ton of guys popping in to remind us that the patriarchy is real and that women will always be subordinate, submissive, second class citizens.

Or if you happen to live in Saudi Arabia make sure to pop into the newgrounds "ladies of newgrounds thread" to remind us that our lives are forfeit anytime we act as anything other than house hold furniture. I've had a number of guys from Saudi Arabia solicit me over the years but after reading this book I kind of learned to hate the attention.

Sorry if this comes off like an aggressive post. As stated, I have a boyfriend thing. I like men a lot but it's the boys that need to get the hell out of my way. I will destroy everything in my path.

At 5/10/16 07:25 PM, Chdonga wrote: Gender specific pronouns are a relic of time. Get over yourself and stop looking for things to feel insulted over.

This guy for example. Claiming that other people shouldn't get insulted by little things while simultaneously being insulted by little things. What a hypocrite. Troll level maximum.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 11:28:14

Cool bro!

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 13:13:17 (edited 2016-05-12 13:16:32)

Newgrounds, troll capital of the world. Half the reason I was so apprehensive of this thread is because I was afraid there'd be a ton of guys popping in to remind us that the patriarchy is real and that women will always be subordinate, submissive, second class citizens.

Sorry if this comes off like an aggressive post. As stated, I have a boyfriend thing. I like men a lot but it's the boys that need to get the hell out of my way. I will destroy everything in my path.

This guy for example. Claiming that other people shouldn't get insulted by little things while simultaneously being insulted by little things. What a hypocrite. Troll level maximum.

My immediate response to ^^This^^ example was "WHOA, okay didnt want it to head that route" and I had the same feeling of almost regretting to even start this thread but I tried really hard to keep me head up AND the outcome has worked somewhat to my advantage because now I am private messaging the people who (I hope) are in fact girls. One specifically who I skyped and know she is a very intellectual woman here - @Troisnyx- <3 you

Someone once told me a few months ago via a different post I started that you really need to be in the forums and take it with a grain of salt because its just a constant flow of bullshit. Even now there are still "trolls" who have the nerve to say things like "I cant believe this thread is still going on" and having negative things to say. Why? SIMPLY because they are male, or bored, or think ultimately that the little statement they say its going to have some huge effect.

It is tiring and I do feel like it brings NewGrounds back everytime, but people are... people. They are gonna fight, or try to be funny and theres not much we can do about it except ignore it when its indeed bullshit.

You said it perfectly, they are boys. Men dont act this way and if they do, they really need to grow the fuck up cause its not intellectual and its not attractive.

Im really REALLY happy you said this because Ive been thinking about it since I started this thread.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 13:19:48

I remember when I was a lady of newgrounds, now I'm a has been.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 13:30:01

At 5/11/16 04:19 PM, CaptKirky wrote: me either :D but I recently had a conversation with someone that said something Ive thought considerably about and that is that I may feel differently in the future. Im open to the idea of having children but Im definitely too self centered to have any now or anytime soon. My life can and probably will be considerably different in 5 years, 10 years, so my view may very well change.

Lookin' for some sperm, bby? I can hook u up :^):^):^):^)

postlimitpostlimitpostlimit

Ladies of NewGrounds

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 13:43:32

At 5/12/16 12:35 AM, Otto wrote: yeah dude and calling everything casual on the internet 'cancer' is pretty sad isn't it

I don't think "everything casual" is cancer, on the internet or otherwise. Human language is constantly evolving. There was a time where "quack" was seen as the N-word for doctors. "Hate" was once seen as the lowest opinion one could have on another person. "Egregious" means "good" while simultaneously meaning "bad". "Literally" can now be used figuratively. A more recent example is the word "cuckold", which has been thrown around so flippantly in the past year or so that its lost its original meaning and is now just another meaningless grunt.

The act of taking offense to a term of endearment is a social "cancer". Even if they originated as being gender exclusive, that doesn't mean they have to stay that way. Taking offense to a word just because it doesn't cater to your specific gender only hinders the growth of language. The idea that words can be gender-exclusive has spread throughout hundreds of languages, and will continue to spread unless properly treated.
I guess "destructive meme" would be a less harsh term, but so many people think memes are just stuff like "I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR" and "It's over 9,000!" that you guys would just think that I'm shitposting.

At 5/12/16 07:59 AM, Quarl wrote: This guy for example. Claiming that other people shouldn't get insulted by little things while simultaneously being insulted by little things. What a hypocrite. Troll level maximum.

What "little things" have I shown to be insulted by in my post? I'm not trolling. I am legitimately confused as to why someone would take offense to two words that are synonymous with "friend". In this day and age, the idea of what a gender truly is, is changing rapidly. Being called "dude" or "bro" should be the last thing to get offended by.

I'm not defending misgendering people with malicious intent, and I seriously hope nobody tries to twist my words around to make me seem like I am.

I hope you two wanted a serious discussion about gender-exclusive words. Basically what I'm saying is there's an obvious difference between calling someone a man, and calling them "one of the guys".

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 13:53:05

At 5/12/16 01:43 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 5/12/16 12:35 AM, Otto wrote: yeah dude and calling everything casual on the internet 'cancer' is pretty sad isn't it
I don't think "everything casual" is cancer, on the internet or otherwise. Human language is constantly evolving. There was a time where "quack" was seen as the N-word for doctors. "Hate" was once seen as the lowest opinion one could have on another person. "Egregious" means "good" while simultaneously meaning "bad". "Literally" can now be used figuratively. A more recent example is the word "cuckold", which has been thrown around so flippantly in the past year or so that its lost its original meaning and is now just another meaningless grunt.

The act of taking offense to a term of endearment is a social "cancer". Even if they originated as being gender exclusive, that doesn't mean they have to stay that way. Taking offense to a word just because it doesn't cater to your specific gender only hinders the growth of language. The idea that words can be gender-exclusive has spread throughout hundreds of languages, and will continue to spread unless properly treated.
I guess "destructive meme" would be a less harsh term, but so many people think memes are just stuff like "I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR" and "It's over 9,000!" that you guys would just think that I'm shitposting.

At 5/12/16 07:59 AM, Quarl wrote: This guy for example. Claiming that other people shouldn't get insulted by little things while simultaneously being insulted by little things. What a hypocrite. Troll level maximum.
What "little things" have I shown to be insulted by in my post? I'm not trolling. I am legitimately confused as to why someone would take offense to two words that are synonymous with "friend". In this day and age, the idea of what a gender truly is, is changing rapidly. Being called "dude" or "bro" should be the last thing to get offended by.

I'm not defending misgendering people with malicious intent, and I seriously hope nobody tries to twist my words around to make me seem like I am.

I hope you two wanted a serious discussion about gender-exclusive words. Basically what I'm saying is there's an obvious difference between calling someone a man, and calling them "one of the guys".

For me personally what it was that bothered me about what you said, is I felt you took it extremely personal.
Saying that I need to "get over myself and stop finding things to be offended by" is NOT why I started this thread.

Calling me a "bro" or a "dude" isnt ruining my day or my life. More than not, I just let it go. This thread wasnt made to get angry or try to make people go through the whole men vs women thing that people like to bring up to start debates and wars.

As I stated right after your rude comment was that I started this to just connect with fellow girls, that maybe theyve experienced that specific scenario too. Thats all. Im not saying we are better, or that females dont get enough recognition here. None of that. Newgrounds is a very male populated place but that doesnt bother me.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 14:09:01 (edited 2016-05-12 14:16:30)

I guess I'll apologize for coming off as hostile with my initial post. I thought you made this thread to complain about being called a "bro". I didn't take it personally, I just found it strange that you'd mention that.

At 5/12/16 01:53 PM, CaptKirky wrote: As I stated right after your rude comment was that I started this to just connect with fellow girls, that maybe theyve experienced that specific scenario too. Thats all. Im not saying we are better, or that females dont get enough recognition here. None of that. Newgrounds is a very male populated place but that doesnt bother me.

You're more than your gender though. What difference does it make if your friends have dicks or twats?

Bear in mind I haven't been monitoring this thread so I don't know all of what's going on here.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 14:31:32

At 5/12/16 12:20 AM, CaptKirky wrote:

Ooo what kind of gallery? I work at a photo studio so I understand that business :D
Really? That's amazing! My dad used to own a photo studio; it was established by my grandfather. Does your studio focus more on digital media or traditional film? The gallery I'm working at isn't very picky about media or stature- its main goal is to be a podium for which artists of all calibers can display their work. They've actually left me in charge of most of the advertising and social media stoof, so it's a pretty sweet deal so far! :D
Was your father and grandfather photographers as well? My studio works with both but mainly digital. I work with many photographers and its mainly based on what their forte is. Personally (for I am a photographer as well) am mainly digital as well though I love film. I work with a hasselblad when I can cause its kind of both worlds :D

That main goal you mentioned is exactly why I love galleries. If I didnt work at a studio, Im pretty sure I would be at an art gallery. Thats so exciting, Im glad to hear you like it so far.

Hnnnnnnnngh Hasselblads are so nice- you lucky thing! What model do you have? It's been a while since I've invested in an actual professional rig; My setup only currently includes a Canon Powershot Elph 350 and an old SLR film camera, which has been misplaced during my family's move 2 years ago, So, basically I just have the Cannon and my phone camera orz.
I didn't realize Newgrounds doesn't allow photography posts until I tried displaying my own work. Tis butts.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 14:43:58

At 5/12/16 02:09 PM, Chdonga wrote: I guess I'll apologize for coming off as hostile with my initial post. I thought you made this thread to complain about being called a "bro". I didn't take it personally, I just found it strange that you'd mention that.

I really appreciate you apologizing. I guess I used it more as a seque rather than a topic for discussion. That is my own fault for making the initial post more about that (even with the angry Nene emote) then what my original idea was, which was to connect with the females of NG.

You're more than your gender though. What difference does it make if your friends have dicks or twats?

Bear in mind I haven't been monitoring this thread so I don't know all of what's going on here.

I agree, I am way more than my gender but I am also my gender. There is a huge difference between men and women and the discussions we have as a whole. I do like having profound intellectual conversations with both genders but when your constantly bombarded with male presences', it can get a bit overwhelming. (especially when 90% of the time, its basically trolling what you end up with.)

Its not that I prefer one gender over the other, its just that I would like to have the option to have both.
For me personally, I havent met many girls here, and the ones that are very popular are pretty much impossible to even get in touch with one on one. Just from this thread being a few days old, Ive already been in close contact with some very smart females here that honestly (and sadly) I wouldnt have been in touch with without starting this post.

So Im grateful. I wish that every 5th post wasnt some asshole posting about how hell father my children or that my post is bullshit... but, tis life.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 14:52:01

At 5/11/16 12:49 AM, Voltage wrote: There are a surprising number of ladies on NG, I'm surprised you all braved the NG BBS

but the question is, will the all female coalition "Female Faction" destroy the Clock Crew, Lock Legion, Glock Group, and Barney Bunch once and for all? Find out later this season

Rofl, I approve of this pairing. Though, I vouch that, rather than "Female Faction", it be called "Fox Force Five" :b

Ladies of NewGrounds

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 14:53:14

At 5/12/16 02:31 PM, SlugofDoom wrote:
At 5/12/16 12:20 AM, CaptKirky wrote:

Hnnnnnnnngh Hasselblads are so nice- you lucky thing! What model do you have? It's been a while since I've invested in an actual professional rig; My setup only currently includes a Canon Powershot Elph 350 and an old SLR film camera, which has been misplaced during my family's move 2 years ago, So, basically I just have the Cannon and my phone camera orz.
I didn't realize Newgrounds doesn't allow photography posts until I tried displaying my own work. Tis butts.

Ah I love that youre a photographer as well! I havent even tried to post anything here cause I figured it was out of my element. It would definitely be nice but I dunno if were ready for a revolution yet :D I sadly dont have much of an online presence anymore which sucks because the internet has definitely become the best way to get your art out there.

My Hasselblad is the 503 with a P30 back, I dont use it as much as I would like, but when I have portrait shoots I sometimes use it. My main camera is my Canon 5D Mark III. Canon is by far the best camera Ive ever owned. Ive had it now for about 4 years and Ive never had a problem with it. I also have a Canon Powershot but thats my day-to-day camera since its so light and easy to carry around.

Response to Ladies of NewGrounds 2016-05-12 15:12:18

At 5/12/16 02:09 PM, Chdonga wrote:

I'm happy to see where the conversations are going. I only tagged you in this to say no hard feels Chdonga.

I can get defensive fast because I've been around. When I was ten I used AIMs regional chat rooms to talk to guys twice and sometimes four to five times my age. Guys would just ask me to cyber with them and meet them places irl all the time. Creepy as hell. I assume a small part of my aggressive e-persona comes from having to constantly deal with horny trolls.

At 5/12/16 01:13 PM, CaptKirky wrote:
Ive been thinking about it since I started this thread.

Hey hey, network network network. Glad to hear you're reaching out to people! That's always been a huge part of newgrounds to me. Meeting other artists, seeing how they work, sending files back and forth, gaining valuable knowledge and skills, growing up... you get the most out of this website by bringing people closer together not further apart. Sometimes people get really obnoxious and condescending because "OMG it's a girl on the interwebs playing video games. I NEED to send her a picture of my penis."

This is why we can't have nice things. Boy fools, if you like girls so much then treat them with dignity and respect. Watch and be amazed as women start digitally piling up around you because you're not a total shit-bag. Pico Day office party or NG meets are a great example of why it's smart to conduct yourself with respect for others online. You never know when or if you'll meet some of those awesome people irl. I went all the way to Toronto for a NG meet. I've traveled to Missouri and Florida just to hang out with EchozAurora (another female NGr I forgot about, not active nowadays.) There are users I'm almost tempted to drive out to right now. I know Sessilenomad is out in Illinois and I told him I would do just that one day.

tldr; sorry if I seemed aggressive, thank you for the good conversations, and did that NGr seriously just offer you sperm?

quarl BandCamp