00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What does the forum listen to?

681 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-09 18:10:26

Now, I dunno about you guys, but I can't STAND drawing without somethin' in my ears. So, I pretty much wanna know what you all like to listen to on occasion. It could be music, podcasts, white noise, ANYTHING!

Personally, I like to listen to all of the Salad Fingers episodes. There's just something so nice about his voice and the ambiance playing in the background.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-09 18:21:51

At 4/9/16 06:10 PM, J-Frisky wrote: Now, I dunno about you guys, but I can't STAND drawing without somethin' in my ears. So, I pretty much wanna know what you all like to listen to on occasion. It could be music, podcasts, white noise, ANYTHING!

Personally, I like to listen to all of the Salad Fingers episodes. There's just something so nice about his voice and the ambiance playing in the background.

- Podcasts,mostly the SleepyCabin ones
- Oldschool Jungle DnB mixes
-Video Game OST's,mostly atmospheric ones (Half-Life,Journey,S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Bastion)

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-09 18:47:38

At 4/9/16 06:21 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: - Podcasts,mostly the SleepyCabin ones
- Oldschool Jungle DnB mixes
-Video Game OST's,mostly atmospheric ones (Half-Life,Journey,S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Bastion)

Yeah, SleepyCabin's great.
Searched up the DnB mixes, I like it, reminds me of Jet Set Radio.
Haven't listened to any of those yet, but the Dark Souls soundtrack is one I sometimes come back to.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-09 19:06:59

At 4/9/16 06:21 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: -Video Game OST's,mostly atmospheric ones (Half-Life,Journey,S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Bastion)

Journey is great, Child of Light and Far Cry Blood Dragon have great OST's as well.
Beyond that Go!Go! 7188 is the flavor of the month music wise for me.

At 4/9/16 07:06 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Journey is great, Child of Light and Far Cry Blood Dragon have great OST's as well.
Beyond that Go!Go! 7188 is the flavor of the month music wise for me.

I'll be sure to give 'em a listen. Especially Blood Dragon, I've been needing some more new wave stuff and only know a few artists like Perturbator and Carpenter Brut.

I need my new wave vibes man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZU6F0srCl0&list=PLKWMYIVXm7nH74JCBKOOUSX0-OMG6dOdb&nohtml5=False

for me its hard to listen to things with lyrics, game ost's are good, but few are going to match the energy and tempo of this playlist i listen to on repeat forever. (not the playlist associated with that video but a private one)

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

For me it's different playlists of my Music which is mostly Pop, Dance and Chart Music
Most of the time it's just random but If I'm painting something sad ill probably put on some slower songs

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-10 13:48:22

At 4/10/16 05:12 AM, Template88 wrote: for me its hard to listen to things with lyrics, game ost's are good, but few are going to match the energy and tempo of this playlist i listen to on repeat forever. (not the playlist associated with that video but a private one)

I totally understand the lyrics thing. Specifically if I try to listen to rap like MF Doom, but at least he's got some nice-ass instrumentals.

At 4/10/16 01:21 PM, LukeF wrote: For me it's different playlists of my Music which is mostly Pop, Dance and Chart Music
Most of the time it's just random but If I'm painting something sad ill probably put on some slower songs

-Don't listen to much Pop or Dance, got any recommendations?
-Yeah, doing that helps.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-10 14:33:56

At 4/10/16 02:01 PM, dilandoubishop wrote: I listen to the drunken Peasants podcast. For music I listen to the Undertale soundtrack. Opie & Anthony with Patrice O'Neal is a good listen as well for the incredible laughs.

I've heard of that podcast before, but I've never thought to search it up. Now'd be a good time for me to do so I guess. And the Undertale soundtrack is pretty good, but listening to bit music for too long grates my ears.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-11 10:21:12

At 4/10/16 01:48 PM, J-Frisky wrote:
At 4/10/16 05:12 AM, Template88 wrote: for me its hard to listen to things with lyrics, game ost's are good, but few are going to match the energy and tempo of this playlist i listen to on repeat forever. (not the playlist associated with that video but a private one)
I totally understand the lyrics thing. Specifically if I try to listen to rap like MF Doom, but at least he's got some nice-ass instrumentals.

At 4/10/16 01:21 PM, LukeF wrote: For me it's different playlists of my Music which is mostly Pop, Dance and Chart Music
-Don't listen to much Pop or Dance, got any recommendations?
-Yeah, doing that helps.

I'd say just Listen to stuff you like.
If your going for productivity I heard that Music that your familiar with and doesn't have lyrics are the best. since lyrics can be distracting and familiarity makes it easier to focus. but 99% of my music has lyrics and it doesn't distract me, so who knows. :P

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-11 15:29:26

Don't think I can go a day without at least listening to one Childish Gambino song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG35R8F2j8k

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-14 01:27:17

I only listen to music, since it already kind of distracts me as it is so podcasts or the like would be death for me. :P Unless I'm focused, I have the attention of a baby squirrel. lel

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-15 04:30:19

At 4/9/16 06:10 PM, J-Frisky wrote: Now, I dunno about you guys, but I can't STAND drawing without somethin' in my ears. So, I pretty much wanna know what you all like to listen to on occasion. It could be music, podcasts, white noise, ANYTHING!

Whenever I'm stroking on my Wacom, I like to listen to a little podcast called Thought Can. If that gets boring,
then I just turn on some UK Garage from random, obscure artists.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-15 13:21:52

Currently I have a playthrough of The Guardian Legend playing. The music I play in the background varies depending on what I draw.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-15 13:35:15

Either complete silence or some piano / symphonic-like music.

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-15 15:29:52

I listen to the drunken Peasants podcast. For music I listen to the Undertale soundtrack. Opie & Anthony with Patrice O'Neal is a good listen as well for the incredible laughs.

Fuck yea, dp all the way

BBS Signature

Response to What does the forum listen to? 2016-04-15 20:34:23

At 4/15/16 04:30 AM, SlickeHedge wrote: Whenever I'm stroking on my Wacom, I like to listen to a little podcast called Thought Can. If that gets boring,
then I just turn on some UK Garage from random, obscure artists.

Yeah man, Garage music's nice, but I don't know many other UK Garage artists besides Arctic Monkeys. (If you'd even consider them a part of that genre.) But since Garage is pretty much a weird genre to distinguish from Punk, well to me at least, I guess you could try The Descendents? Or Black Flag?? Maybe??? I dunno, I'm not a great music buff.

At 4/15/16 01:21 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Currently I have a playthrough of The Guardian Legend playing. The music I play in the background varies depending on what I draw.

Can't draw sad when you listen to happy! :)

At 4/15/16 01:35 PM, VLanimate wrote: Either complete silence or some piano / symphonic-like music.

You might like a guy like Takenobu. Most of the time it's symphonic, but there's a good amount of vocals in several of his tracks; hope that's okay. I'd recommend listening to his song, "Thursday" so you can get a feel for his stuff. As for piano, the Synecdoche New York Soundtrack has quite a bit of that, but again, there are vocals. :/ And it's got a very lounge-y manner. Oh, and it's pretty depressing stuff, so, there's a disclaimer.