00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Social Anxiety

3,287 Views | 32 Replies

Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 02:50:50

Does anyone ever get that?

You can walk into a room filled with people you've never met and you feel like a dumb ass that did something wrong,
I'm tall, so i'm physically clumsy, I can do something as dropping a fork on the ground and I already feel as if eyes are on me and i'm a clown. First days of High School are going to be a bitch because of this, i'm going to feel as if people hate me for no real reason at all. I'll get over it. But it's a pain in the ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 03:03:44

My social anxiety is almost as bad as Tomoko's.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 03:35:50

At 8/5/15 03:03 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: My social anxiety is almost as bad as Tomoko's.

Who? Sounds Japanese. Iv'e heard that name before.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 03:40:05 (edited 2015-08-05 03:40:41)

Same here..

That feeling like the whole world is watching you waiting even for tiniest mistakes you could do..

Walking past group of smilling ppl, my brain is like they are laughing at you! You look weird! You walk weird!

I keep saying to myself, that is bs, but I just can´t get over it.

signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 03:50:51

People don't care.
Do you remember the guy next to you on the bus last week? no?
Well he doesn't either unless you do something really stupid that people will remember you for.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 03:57:36

At 8/5/15 03:35 AM, Avery wrote: Who? Sounds Japanese. Iv'e heard that name before.

She's the main character in WataMote. It's a great anime. You should watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 04:04:49

I don't know man, I'm tall too, and naturally clumsy too. You just gotta own it. Everyone likes tall people. They get payed more!

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 04:29:22

At 8/5/15 04:04 AM, Lorkas wrote: I don't know man, I'm tall too, and naturally clumsy too. You just gotta own it. Everyone likes tall people. They get payed more!

I better get my 8=D :P By Junior year if it's true.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 04:29:56

At 8/5/15 03:40 AM, Macrophone wrote: Same here..

That feeling like the whole world is watching you waiting even for tiniest mistakes you could do..

Walking past group of smilling ppl, my brain is like they are laughing at you! You look weird! You walk weird!

I keep saying to myself, that is bs, but I just can´t get over it.

We're on the same feels.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 07:04:19

high school is so easy. stop giving a fuck, do your homework and play videogames.

chill out bieng an adult is much worse than being in fucking high shcool

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 07:11:49

You're just going to Highschool? Pfft. Highschool isn't as hostile as TV shows portray it. Just always be on the look for people with similar interests as you at the cafeteria and sit at their table. It's not hard or scary to socialize once you find people that are just like you.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 07:35:34

Also learn how to dance. Tall people look cool when they're dancing.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 08:32:58

Take it easy stretch. Life is short, childhood is shorter, and yours is almost over.

Besides, being tall is good. You could've been stuck being short and that's gotta suck real bad.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 08:47:59

Everyone is their own main character in their lives. They don't care about you. Stop caring what people think either. You'll never hear anyone say "isn't he that guy who dropped a fork that day?"

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 09:27:46

I dealt with social anxiety in high school a lot too but I've found that most people care so little that you did something stupid that they wont remember it for more than a week. Honestly I think people are too caught up trying not to mess up that they forget those who do pretty quickly.

Popular opinions are overrated. (Just like The Last Of Us)

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 09:52:20

Sounds like you need some pussy.

But seriously, it's the timid keep-to-themselves types that are usually the ones going home studying and pursuing interests other than getting drunk on weekends. Don't sweat it, most of the jocks I went to highschool with are working as construction workers, waiters, or some other menial paycheck-to-paycheck job. I know one that plays professionally now, but not in the NFL, in another one of those lesser known leagues where they bring in all of $30k a year.

My brother never had much of a social life in highschool, he's now bringing in around $1m a year as an opthomologist with his own practice. I fell somewhere in between. Moderation. :)

Try to be physically and mentally healthy, at peace with yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Teenage years seem important when you're at that age, but trust me, they aren't.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 10:33:05

I haven't outgrown social anxiety and since I'm 25, there's probably no hope for me. But I have to say that it was especially bad in high school. All eyes were usually on me. I was well-known there for reasons I'd rather not get into. Last year, I went back to my old high school 6 years after graduating to pick up some stuff, and many of the old teachers and staff still remembered me. Some bad, some good. The seniors were 2 years too young to know who I was, and I'm glad it was that way. I can't relate to being tall since I'm 5'10.5", but most of the tall people I saw seemed to be the cockiest and most aggressive depending on who it was.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 10:50:23

At 8/5/15 04:04 AM, Lorkas wrote: I don't know man, I'm tall too, and naturally clumsy too. You just gotta own it. Everyone likes tall people. They get payed more!

Tall people are awesome. Short people try to keep us down, but don't let them.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 11:14:37

At 8/5/15 02:50 AM, Avery wrote: Does anyone ever get that?

You can walk into a room filled with people you've never met

Rare.

and you feel like a dumb ass that did something wrong,

Even if I did something to wrong them, why should I care?

i'm going to feel as if people hate me for no real reason at all. I'll get over it. But it's a pain in the ass.

Hate them back. Immerse in the hate like a cold bath.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 15:35:36

At 8/5/15 07:11 AM, Chdonga wrote: You're just going to Highschool? Pfft. Highschool isn't as hostile as TV shows portray it. Just always be on the look for people with similar interests as you at the cafeteria and sit at their table. It's not hard or scary to socialize once you find people that are just like you.

I'm 1 of a kind.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 16:48:35

i had social anxiety during my junior and senior years of highschool. I went to therapy for it, but I later learned that I had to push through it (which i did). I still have it, but it's easy to deal with when having a positive attitude and being positive

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 22:51:31

Anyways, I Can have these kinds of anxiety attacks anywhere in public. Stores, Events, Friends houses, Anywhere. And for this very reason, Is why I Don't have any friends........ Or for that matter, Ever even talk to anyone.

We feel the same feels.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-05 23:44:38

yes but if i were you i would use my height to look down on people who i think are looking down on me!!!
but then you're socially awkward, and so am i.

and i don't know what to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 00:24:01

i dont care what people think about me and im not afraid of anything but i seem to have trouble processing speech when theres lots of stuff going on and i dont bother asking people to repeat themselves and so i stop paying attention to them and focus on all my own thoughts because im cool

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 12:10:28

High school is a joke

smoke some weed until yo're not as jonah hill then give weed up

keep your head down, dont stand out, and dont go against the status quo

do this ,and u will be able to survive the joke that is american education system.

if u go postal dont kill any nerds plz, just kill the jocks.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 15:47:13

I use to blaze wiid for my "social anxiety" cuz then I would be too high to care about the trivial shit interfering with my thought process thus making me nervous and talk faster

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 16:49:23

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in highschool too, one of the largest populated schools in the US on top of that. I just try to stay in the dark so no one notices me.

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 21:42:56

At 8/6/15 05:01 PM, kanef wrote: its called autism and no, not that often anymore

I have aspergers.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 22:14:33

quit being a homo an just get your GED, then you can stay at home for the rest of your life and never leave the fucking house again...ever

Response to Social Anxiety 2015-08-06 22:21:35

At 8/6/15 10:17 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: there exists no cure for social anxiety

So they say..

i like to re-enforce negative behavior

Social Anxiety