00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab

18,032 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 15:20:57

At 5/24/15 03:16 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Whoops yeah. Joys of typing on a cellphone.

No biggie, i think it was alright, let's just warn @TheInnerScience right away so he doesn't accidentally call Ron Rob as well.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 20:07:33

It was worth the wait, WoolyBear! The story's only getting better and funnier as it goes on!
We should discuss what we should do with the entire story. Should it be compiled in a dropbox, or what? Maybe someone can convince an artist/animator friend to illustrate it out.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 23:21:08

At 5/24/15 08:07 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: It was worth the wait, WoolyBear! The story's only getting better and funnier as it goes on!
We should discuss what we should do with the entire story. Should it be compiled in a dropbox, or what? Maybe someone can convince an artist/animator friend to illustrate it out.

Don't count the chickens until the eggs have hatched! I would like to see the whole piece edited, once it's done. There are some minor spelling, capitalization and format mistakes/inconsistencies, which could be remedied after the fact.

As far was what happens afterwords (lol), I'm sure someone will step up to produce the collab into another media, be it an audioplay, audiobook, animation or pictures of certain scenes ;) That's what's so fucking right about Newgrounds, it really is everything, by everyone, in countless different ways/media. It still won't do my dishes, or hug me before bed.. but it will do.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 23:27:38

At 5/24/15 11:21 PM, VicariousE wrote: As far was what happens afterwords (lol), I'm sure someone will step up to produce the collab into another media, be it an audioplay, audiobook, animation or pictures of certain scenes ;) That's what's so fucking right about Newgrounds, it really is everything, by everyone, in countless different ways/media. It still won't do my dishes, or hug me before bed.. but it will do.

i like the animation idea, but you're right once we've finished we should have a proper discussion on where to go next. Also if people felt up to it, each of us could narrate the piece we wrote?

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 23:50:08

At 5/24/15 11:27 PM, FoAngel wrote: i like the animation idea, but you're right once we've finished we should have a proper discussion on where to go next. Also if people felt up to it, each of us could narrate the piece we wrote?

Had the same thought, though it would be even more of a challenge, on sooo many fronts! Still, if anyone wanted to make a Flash out of this, an audio read would be even more icing on the cake. Having a few artists render pictures of Tom's adventure, would also be quite the corker: an audiobook and regular book with illustrations. Maybe add a selection of appropriate scores from the Audio Portal, as well as from current musicians.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 07:17:30

At 5/24/15 11:50 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 5/24/15 11:27 PM, FoAngel wrote:

I don't feel like it's fair to leave the other people contributing to this collab in the dark so i'm gonna leave this here. I hope Whirlguy is okay with me letting you guys in on it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 07:33:50

Alright, just posted my tidbit. Hope it turned out alright. @elmanymt, balls in your court now.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 13:07:48

I-I would narrate the story, except I'm unfortunate enough to have no high-quality mic. I might get one come next paycheck. I do want to give a try at voice-acting at some point anyway.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 14:25:57

At 5/25/15 01:07 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: I-I would narrate the story, except I'm unfortunate enough to have no high-quality mic. I might get one come next paycheck. I do want to give a try at voice-acting at some point anyway.

Everyone that comes to NG has a keyboard (or touchpad).. Not everyone has a microphone, or feels comfortable speaking. @foangel has a good notion, but maybe we could allow each contributor to: either do their own read, or find a VA that could read their piece for them?

Might as well wait for the story to be written before taking any further actions...

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 21:46:15

At 5/25/15 02:25 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 5/25/15 01:07 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: I-I would narrate the story, except I'm unfortunate enough to have no high-quality mic. I might get one come next paycheck. I do want to give a try at voice-acting at some point anyway.
Everyone that comes to NG has a keyboard (or touchpad).. Not everyone has a microphone, or feels comfortable speaking. @foangel has a good notion, but maybe we could allow each contributor to: either do their own read, or find a VA that could read their piece for them?

Might as well wait for the story to be written before taking any further actions...

So you're saying maybe we could (concept wise) have our piece read by ourselves or someone else. in like a campfire setting perhaps, everyone recalling the Tale of the 20th birthday like an urban legend and the reason there are so many different twists and turns is because everyone was seeing it at different times.
Sorry if that was rambling :P

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 21:58:40

So you're saying maybe we could (concept wise) have our piece read by ourselves or someone else. in like a campfire setting perhaps, everyone recalling the Tale of the 20th birthday like an urban legend and the reason there are so many different twists and turns is because everyone was seeing it at different times.

That sounds like a cool concept.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-25 23:17:19

At 5/25/15 09:58 PM, TheInnerScience wrote:

That sounds like a cool concept.

It really does...now I'm imagining that campfire scenario playing out in an animation with each writer being represented by a person with their site icon just slapped on their face, aha. :P

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-26 00:06:12

It really does...now I'm imagining that campfire scenario playing out in an animation with each writer being represented by a person with their site icon just slapped on their face, aha. :P

That would be perfect.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-26 11:58:42

At 5/26/15 12:06 AM, TheInnerScience wrote: That would be perfect.

Yeah... but like all things, saying isn't doing. After the story's written, I'm hoping an audio engineer like @realfaction would state his interest in continuing this project, then we can pony up our voices (or get a VA to read) our individual sections of the tale.

Then, there will be 2 assets that can be used, to turn the tale into a campfire animation. With school coming to a close, NATA, Clock Day, Madness Day, and this very collab, it's too soon to ask more from the community at this time.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-29 05:57:19

@elmanymt, are you still with us?

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-29 12:37:33

At 5/29/15 05:57 AM, Radaketor wrote: @elmanymt, are you still with us?

I sent him a PM, we'll give him a day or two, and then decide who'll take his place.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-29 14:37:38

At 5/29/15 12:37 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote:
I sent him a PM, we'll give him a day or two, and then decide who'll take his place.

@CGA-999 is next so i figure we have to give him a heads up.
Are you up to the task of writing two parts in case elmanymt doesn't show up and we don't find a replacement for him?

I remember @VicariousE mentioned a poet of some sorts? If elmanymt doesn't reply do you think you can ask him/her to join?

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 12:20:03

Yeah, I'll give him until tomorrow, and then write the part my damn self.
(I kinda wanted to anyway heeheehoho)

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 12:24:18

At 5/30/15 12:20 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: Yeah, I'll give him until tomorrow, and then write the part my damn self.
(I kinda wanted to anyway heeheehoho)

Hoping he comes back before then, it would be neat if we managed to do the 20 authors goal that was set, if you know any other authors could you try to invite them to write if needed?

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 16:59:27

Hoping he comes back before then, it would be neat if we managed to do the 20 authors goal that was set, if you know any other authors could you try to invite them to write if needed?

I just sent a message to a writer and asked if they'd like to take the slot if the other one doesn't come back.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 17:25:44

At 5/30/15 04:59 PM, TheInnerScience wrote: I just sent a message to a writer and asked if they'd like to take the slot if the other one doesn't come back.

Neat, thanks for helping out!

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 17:34:31

Neat, thanks for helping out!

No problem, mate. I just hope they take it.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 18:17:50

At 5/30/15 04:59 PM, TheInnerScience wrote:

I just sent a message to a writer and asked if they'd like to take the slot if the other one doesn't come back.

Oh, cool! Thanks a bunch, man!

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-30 21:03:33

Alright, alright, alright. @BluMiu agreed to take slot 10. Looking forward to his bit.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-31 01:01:15

At 5/29/15 02:37 PM, Radaketor wrote:
@CGA-999 is next so i figure we have to give him a heads up.
Are you up to the task of writing two parts in case elmanymt doesn't show up and we don't find a replacement for him?

It's been a while. I'll take a look at what I gotta write.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-31 10:32:22

Yeah I'm here, just didn't expect for you guys to get started already. Where's the continuation of the story or was I already replaced?

Never mind. I submitted. Sorry for the delay.
@CGA-999 you're up

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-31 11:50:19

At 5/31/15 11:33 AM, elmanymt wrote:

Good job!

@TheInnerScience, you might want to hold on to the author you messaged, just in case we need a replacement in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-06-01 18:24:16

At 5/31/15 11:50 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 5/31/15 11:33 AM, elmanymt wrote:
Good job!

@TheInnerScience, you might want to hold on to the author you messaged, just in case we need a replacement in the future.

Alright. I've already told him, and he's cool with being a possible replacement should need for one ever arise.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-06-02 08:13:15

@CGA-999 forgot to @ the next author that it's his turn.

@TaintedLogic, it's your turn, here's the story thread.

BBS Signature