00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab

18,029 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-04 11:00:17

At 5/4/15 08:52 AM, Radaketor wrote: The Writing forum is probably the best place to post it, if it's posted on General some people will try to spam it and it will cause confusion.

Yep, the Writing Forum is the best place, without a doubt. As for changing my sig, I'm not sure if that'd be a great idea considering my position in the guild, but I'll definitely link to this thread in the text portion of my sig.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-07 01:19:18

I would like to participate if this thing is still going down.

A. TheInnerScience
B. 9

- "A wildcard has entered the arena."

A: IdentiC

B: I'd like spot number 20, 'cause I am a masochist.

Validation to my claim to above aforementioned lot in the lineup will ofcourse be produced, should you find yourself wanting.

In all sincerity, I would love to do my part in this.

EDIT: added a A and a B.

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1389190

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-07 10:55:12

Updating this list again if Hyena doesn't mind.

1. ShiftyHyena
2. Chaslo
4. AbsurdRandomness
5. Myridon
8. BanditWoolyBear
9. TheInnerScience
11. CGA-999
12. TaintedLogic
13. LunacyEcho
14. Radaketor
15. LDAF
20. IdentiC

@TheInnerScience
@IdentiC

If possible link to this thread in your text part of your sigs or use the official sig for this collab and link it to the thread.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

@Radaketor

Just thinking; You might wanna edit the first post as time progresses. Would be much easier to get a good overlook on who's in what spot, and how many without having to track down the latest post. Not that there are a lot posts currently, but you know. OCD and stuff. >_>

And thanks for letting me on. Gonna be fun! ^^

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-07 17:11:48

I'm very interested to see how this project plays out.
Hopefully it will create some more traffic for the writing forum.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-08 06:38:22

At 5/7/15 04:08 PM, IdentiC wrote: Just thinking; You might wanna edit the first post as time progresses. Would be much easier to get a good overlook on who's in what spot, and how many without having to track down the latest post. Not that there are a lot posts currently, but you know. OCD and stuff. >_>

And thanks for letting me on. Gonna be fun! ^^

I'm not sure i understood what you meant with that, only the person who wrote the first post (ShiftyHyena) can edit it and the time window for editing posts is 15 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-08 12:25:01

Holy moly! There's been a lotta activity since I last checked. Thanks again Radektor, by the way.

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-08 18:27:22

At 5/8/15 06:38 AM, Radaketor wrote:
I'm not sure i understood what you meant with that, only the person who wrote the first post (ShiftyHyena) can edit it and the time window for editing posts is 15 minutes.

Oh I kinda missed the part where you are different people. >_<

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-08 18:29:57

At 5/8/15 06:27 PM, IdentiC wrote: Oh I kinda missed the part where you are different people. >_<

Yeah i'm just another guy who joined like you folks, i just update the list every once in a while to save Hyena the trouble.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-12 07:55:26

I'd like a go at this, even though it scares me.
Number 10, If you will.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-12 08:45:56

Could someone pen me in at #19, I'd like to take a stab at this.

So, we're all writing fiction here, humorous stand-alones? Or should we coordinate with those numbered below and above our number? I'd entertain comments from http://shiftyhyena.newgrounds.com/ or http://radaketor.newgrounds.com/ regarding this.

If I were to write something factual, I'd have to get some research done, interview Tom, Wade, Luis, etc..
If we could do fan-fics, well, there's some potential laughs to be had there as well!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-12 10:16:28

Would love to write something for this! I'll take #6 if it's as free as it seems to be.
Name: Bob Axell, or just Cyberdevil if usernames are allowed.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Once again the updated list.

1. ShiftyHyena
2. Chaslo
4. AbsurdRandomness
5. Myridon
6. Bob Axell/Cyberdevil
8. BanditWoolyBear
9. TheInnerScience
10. elmanymt
11. CGA-999
12. TaintedLogic
13. LunacyEcho
14. Radaketor
15. LDAF
19. VicariousE
20. IdentiC

@elmanymt
@VicariousE
@Cyberdevil

If you guys wanna help us get more participants and attention to this collab then use the sig below that was especially made by @Decky and try to link it to this thread.

At 5/12/15 08:45 AM, VicariousE wrote: Could someone pen me in at #19, I'd like to take a stab at this.

So, we're all writing fiction here, humorous stand-alones? Or should we coordinate with those numbered below and above our number? I'd entertain comments from http://shiftyhyena.newgrounds.com/ or http://radaketor.newgrounds.com/ regarding this.

If I were to write something factual, I'd have to get some research done, interview Tom, Wade, Luis, etc..
If we could do fan-fics, well, there's some potential laughs to be had there as well!

If i understood the general idea of the collab correctly, we're supposed to write a story all together, each following the direction the author before us was heading (example: The author before me ends his part of the story with Tom going fishing so i should pick up from there saying what happened and such). If there are people who unfortunately don't manage to write their part (which there probably will, not everyone has a free schedule) we might need to improvise and the next author has to do double duty, if OP has any better ideas we should discuss them in the thread so we all know what to do if anything turns sour.
Oh and to summon someone you only need to put an @ before their username ( @VicariousE for example), you don't need to link their accounts.

At 5/12/15 10:16 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Name: Bob Axell, or just Cyberdevil if usernames are allowed.

I put "Bob Axell/Cyberdevil" but if you have any preference then let me know and i'll change it.

BBS Signature

At 5/12/15 02:18 PM, Radaketor wrote: I put "Bob Axell/Cyberdevil" but if you have any preference then let me know and i'll change it.

Thanks. Cyberdevil's fine for the participator list though, looks weird with my name crammed in there as well. :P Name was more in response to the 'A. Your name' question, for credit... assuming that credit reference may be different than the participator list? Btw, wonder how this story is going to be presented when done? As part of another anniversary submission, or something like a stand-alone Flash file with interactive interface...?

I'd rather not change my visual sig, but I added a link! Hope some people stumble along!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-12 14:48:41

At 5/12/15 02:38 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Thanks. Cyberdevil's fine for the participator list though, looks weird with my name crammed in there as well. :P Name was more in response to the 'A. Your name' question, for credit... assuming that credit reference may be different than the participator list? Btw, wonder how this story is going to be presented when done? As part of another anniversary submission, or something like a stand-alone Flash file with interactive interface...?

I'd rather not change my visual sig, but I added a link! Hope some people stumble along!

Well the time limit is already up so i can't change the name now but next time me or Hyena update the list (or any other member if they're willing) we'll try to have only your username then.

I thought the collab would be a thread that would be posted in the Writing Forum organized by OP, i mean, it would make some sense for the only place for writers in this site to host the collab but if OP's ok with it and a programmer has some free time to help us out i could see it becoming an interactive flash, it's ultimately up to @ShiftyHyena, though.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-12 19:03:51

I'd like to join in if that's alright!!!
A) SuperChick
B) I would like number 7 if that's not already taken XD

Life is too short for indecisiveness!!!

BBS Signature

@Radaketor
@ShiftyHyena

Will there be a prompt? I'm guessing there will be, but I just had to ask.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-13 02:19:20

At 5/7/15 09:51 AM, IdentiC wrote: - "A wildcard has entered the arena."

Okay, so you're #20, and I'm #19, which means my lead out, is your intro... and since you're the anchorman (with no one else to collaborate with), I'll let you start! I'll back any play you wanna make, PM me when you've got a start and a finish planned ;)

I've got this thread linked to some text in my sig, should help a little.

When do signups for this thing stop? I noticed a huge gap between me and the rest of the collabinators... just wondering who I'll eventually pair off with.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Update:

1. ShiftyHyena
2. Chaslo
4. AbsurdRandomness
5. Myridon
6. Cyberdevil
7. SuperChick
8. BanditWoolyBear
9. TheInnerScience
10. elmanymt
11. CGA-999
12. TaintedLogic
13. LunacyEcho
14. Radaketor
15. LDAF
19. VicariousE
20. IdentiC

At 5/12/15 07:56 PM, TheInnerScience wrote: @Radaketor
@ShiftyHyena

Will there be a prompt? I'm guessing there will be, but I just had to ask.

What do you mean? I don't really understand what you meant with that.

At 5/13/15 02:19 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 5/7/15 09:51 AM, IdentiC wrote: - "A wildcard has entered the arena."
Okay, so you're #20, and I'm #19, which means my lead out, is your intro... and since you're the anchorman (with no one else to collaborate with), I'll let you start! I'll back any play you wanna make, PM me when you've got a start and a finish planned ;)

I've got this thread linked to some text in my sig, should help a little.

When do signups for this thing stop? I noticed a huge gap between me and the rest of the collabinators... just wondering who I'll eventually pair off with.

ShiftyHyena use to have in his sig when the deadline to get 20 members was, i think it was mid-June but i'm not sure, if he sees this he'll probably know.
I think we still have more than enough time to get the rest of the list full, fortunately it looks like the signature idea paid off and we're getting more authors, but like i said before, if we don't get more authors to fill the gaps some of us could do it together.

@SuperChick do you know how to put on a sig? Go to Account Settings, click Forum Signature and add the sig below and link it to this thread if you wanna help us out.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-13 17:15:38

At 5/13/15 02:19 AM, VicariousE wrote: Okay, so you're #20, and I'm #19, which means my lead out, is your intro... and since you're the anchorman (with no one else to collaborate with), I'll let you start! I'll back any play you wanna make, PM me when you've got a start and a finish planned ;)

Sending you a PM man! I am unsure what you're getting at! :D

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-13 23:21:48

A prompt. Like a topic or idea that the writers can go off of.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 05:56:32

At 5/13/15 06:22 PM, nietzlawe wrote: Ahh, go on then, sign me up for this competition!

Which number would you like, currently positions 3, 16, 17 and 18 are open.

At 5/13/15 11:21 PM, TheInnerScience wrote:

A prompt. Like a topic or idea that the writers can go off of.

Oh yeah, the topic is basically just Tom Fulp (going on an adventure?) so write whatever you feel like about him but try to follow the previous author's story, if you'd like to write about someone else from Newgrounds on your part i think that's fine, an author would have to try and tie in both of them later so it would make sense.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 07:25:10

Updated list:

1. ShiftyHyena
2. Chaslo
4. AbsurdRandomness
5. Myridon
6. Cyberdevil
7. SuperChick
8. BanditWoolyBear
9. TheInnerScience
10. elmanymt
11. CGA-999
12. TaintedLogic
13. LunacyEcho
14. Radaketor
15. LDAF
18. nietzlawe
19. VicariousE
20. IdentiC

@nietzlawe if you wanna wear the official signature here it is and if you do don't forget to link it to this thread, it would help us get more people into this project and it would get us more attention.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 09:38:02

At 5/14/15 07:25 AM, Radaketor wrote: Updated list:

Only 3 more to go! I'd almost suggest letting the seams out, including 5 more slots, but this effort will be difficult enough to coordinate. Lol. And the possibility of this project being packaged into a Flash, is even more incentive for all of us to do our very best!

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 10:14:31

After being referred here by the glorious Mr @VicariousE.

Count me in

At 5/14/15 10:14 AM, FoAngel wrote: After being referred here by the glorious Mr @VicariousE.

Count me in

3, 16, or 17? Those are the open slots. If you were to claim #3 as yours, you'd have to read submissions #1 and #2, then formulate a story from where they left off. Sounds simple enough.... if I've got it right so far.

We're still waiting on the OP to start the show, as it were :)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 12:29:18

I LEAVE THIS ALONE FOR TWO DAYS AND THE THREAD BLOWS UP WHAT THE HELL

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

At 5/14/15 12:29 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: I LEAVE THIS ALONE FOR TWO DAYS AND THE THREAD BLOWS UP WHAT THE HELL

Once you pen the first 200-300 words, it should all be downhill for you! Just start with Tom, in his Newgrounds world, setting off on his grand adventure, which might be as simple as getting to the other side...

Tom's just the architect of Newgrounds, it's all of us jokers who make this place what it is. It's almost like Tom's the wizard of Oz, hiding behind his curtain and his rare inventions... still, he's a good place to start the story. Maybe he sends out an agent, maybe Wade or (our now errant knight) Luis, to map out the Portals, even though the landscape changes daily... P-Bot sees all, and reports who scored the most on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, while the membership does the monthly voting.

Anyway, there's plenty of ways to start, that won't hem anyone in, I'm sure. 20 years of user submitted content to draw on, just pick and choose and go! Maybe add one or two popular NG characters, like Salad Fingers and (Madness) Hank Wimbleton, as well as real Newgrounds users, like Deathink and TheShadling...

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-14 17:22:35

At 5/14/15 12:06 PM, VicariousE wrote: 3, 16, or 17? Those are the open slots. If you were to claim #3 as yours, you'd have to read submissions #1 and #2, then formulate a story from where they left off. Sounds simple enough.... if I've got it right so far.

We're still waiting on the OP to start the show, as it were :)

Hmmm I'll take 17, thank you sir