00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab

18,051 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-17 21:06:33

At 5/17/15 07:08 AM, Radaketor wrote: So i'm gonna give this a shot to see if every user is still available, make sure to reply to this post or just post in the thread saying you're still here so we know we can count on you, if you don't reply in say, 3-4 days we'll have to find a replacement.
@Myridon

Here :)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 02:45:43

Sorry for the later reply- but i'm here!

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 09:24:26

At 5/17/15 07:08 AM, Radaketor wrote: So i'm gonna give this a shot to see if every user is still available, make sure to reply to this post or just post in the thread saying you're still here so we know we can count on you, if you don't reply in say, 3-4 days we'll have to find a replacement.

@ShiftyHyena

Hahahaha this whole project was just a funny joke to force you all to write.

And I'm starting my part now! I'll make a new thread in the Writing section by Wednesday, so keep a peeper out for it!

When I'm not spouting bullshit, I'm actually dead serious.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 09:47:45

At 5/18/15 09:24 AM, ShiftyHyena wrote: And I'm starting my part now! I'll make a new thread in the Writing section by Wednesday, so keep a peeper out for it!

I'll keep 2 peepers open! You'll probably need to write a preface in bold telling people not to post unless they're on the list (link this thread), or to post out of order, OR to post anything but a completed, spell-checked, final version of their story, and nothing else. It shouldn't really be necessary to state it but, Murphy's law and all... Best of luck dude!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 09:54:25

At 5/18/15 09:47 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 5/18/15 09:24 AM, ShiftyHyena wrote: And I'm starting my part now! I'll make a new thread in the Writing section by Wednesday, so keep a peeper out for it!
I'll keep 2 peepers open! You'll probably need to write a preface in bold telling people not to post unless they're on the list (link this thread), or to post out of order, OR to post anything but a completed, spell-checked, final version of their story, and nothing else. It shouldn't really be necessary to state it but, Murphy's law and all... Best of luck dude!

Golly, you're right. I will put it in the THREAD I HAVE MADE JUST NOW CUZ I FINISHED MY PART OF THE STORY!

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 10:06:15

At 5/18/15 09:54 AM, ShiftyHyena wrote: Golly, you're right. I will put it in the THREAD I HAVE MADE JUST NOW CUZ I FINISHED MY PART OF THE STORY!

Looks like a cool set-up, nice job!

Now we just have to wait and see if @Chaslo is still in this, he's next.
If he doesn't post should we try to find a new person to fill his role (the poet @VicariousE mentioned for example) or should @pwneropwnage just write both 2nd and the 3rd parts?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Yup, I'm here!

So, how do we do this? Or rather, where do we put the text? Not really used to the UI of newgrounds! ;D

The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1389190

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-18 20:39:03

At 5/18/15 06:12 PM, chaslo wrote: here i am, just tell me what i need to do
i never received a message from anybody regarding this, so what i have to write?

Continue the story that I set up in the new thread, keep it going for a paragraph or two or three, and then set it up so the next person can continue that. Pretty simple, but be sure to post as soon as you can!

At 5/18/15 06:12 PM, chaslo wrote: here i am, just tell me what i need to do
i never received a message from anybody regarding this, so what i have to write?

The OP just published his story (great start, btw!), now all you have to do is pick up where he left off, make a story of your own, starting with Tom running out the door... strapped and looking for answers, and his family :O

Don't be afraid to add other NG characters, contributors to the site and others along the way! Anything you contribute, will give the writers down the line some options...

At 5/18/15 07:31 PM, IdentiC wrote: So, how do we do this? Or rather, where do we put the text? Not really used to the UI of newgrounds! ;D

The publishing thread is up, all ya gotta do is read it, and wait for your turn to jump in ;)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-19 08:57:51

So far only @SuperChick hasn't given us any feedback on whether she's still in this or not, she's number 7 on the list so maybe give her one or two more days and if she still shows no signs of coming back we try to find a replacement? What do you guys think?

@pwneropwnage is next, make sure to check what the other authors have written already in this thread and try to follow it up. There's no rush but if possible try to finish your part and post it in the specific thread before this thursday.

BBS Signature

Oh sorry I didn't know if I was up yet XD, will get on it ASAP, as soon as I know what the last plot was because I got NO message, so please don't write me off yet -_-

Life is too short for indecisiveness!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-19 09:29:08

At 5/19/15 09:20 AM, SuperChick wrote: Oh sorry I didn't know if I was up yet XD, will get on it ASAP, as soon as I know what the last plot was because I got NO message, so please don't write me off yet -_-

Calm down, we aren't gonna write you off, there are still people who're gonna post their parts before you do, just make sure to check this thread every once in a while so you know how the story's going.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-19 09:31:24

At 5/19/15 09:29 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 5/19/15 09:20 AM, SuperChick wrote: Oh sorry I didn't know if I was up yet XD, will get on it ASAP, as soon as I know what the last plot was because I got NO message, so please don't write me off yet -_-
Calm down, we aren't gonna write you off, there are still people who're gonna post their parts before you do, just make sure to check this thread every once in a while so you know how the story's going.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound hostile, it's just I haven't got much reply yet and I only see two parts on the other thread with story parts :)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-19 09:35:16

At 5/19/15 09:31 AM, SuperChick wrote: Sorry I didn't mean to sound hostile, it's just I haven't got much reply yet and I only see two parts on the other thread with story parts :)

No problem.
Yeah the story started yesterday so it's normal that it's slowly building up, with some luck the next author will post their part today or tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 11:02:44

I see that the story is going along pretty well, it's interesting and cool to see what people are going to write about next.
Good job to all the authors so far, next up is number 6 @Cyberdevil, here's the thread and good luck.

BBS Signature

Please put me on the wait list for if one of the 20 drops out! :D SCRATCH THAT

Ejit (the wonderful being) gave me his place.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 11:43:19

At 5/21/15 11:31 AM, Tremax wrote: Please put me on the wait list for if one of the 20 drops out! :D SCRATCH THAT

Ejit (the wonderful being) gave me his place.

Well then, you're number 16.

BBS Signature

At 5/21/15 11:02 AM, Radaketor wrote: I see that the story is going along pretty well, it's interesting and cool to see what people are going to write about next.
Good job to all the authors so far, next up is number 6 @Cyberdevil, here's the thread and good luck.

Oh hey, thanks! It'd probably have taken me a while to get informed without the @! Could be good if each participant calls out the person after them, so everyone knows when it's their turn as soon as it is. @SuperChick ...you're up next! Good luck!

Aaand the thread is right here.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 15:09:09

Ooookay...I'll try my best...XD

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 15:30:52

Okay, there's my two cents, (if it's not great, I'll rewrite it), so @BanditWoolyBear the floor is yours!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 15:54:11

At 5/21/15 03:30 PM, SuperChick wrote: Okay, there's my two cents, (if it's not great, I'll rewrite it), so @BanditWoolyBear the floor is yours!!!!

I thought it was pretty cool and well done, what matters is that you're helping us with our project and so far this collab is going pretty well. I'm excited to see what happens next.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 16:00:21

At 5/21/15 03:54 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 5/21/15 03:30 PM, SuperChick wrote: Okay, there's my two cents, (if it's not great, I'll rewrite it), so @BanditWoolyBear the floor is yours!!!!

Thank you, I'll take a look and probably write my bit tonight.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-21 22:36:46

@ShiftyHyena
@Radaketor

I apologize for being a procrastinator, but I will definitely do mine tomorrow. I got beat shitless at work and the juices aren't flowing.

24 hours.

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-22 02:13:48

At 5/21/15 10:36 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: @ShiftyHyena
@Radaketor

I apologize for being a procrastinator, but I will definitely do mine tomorrow. I got beat shitless at work and the juices aren't flowing.

No excuses. I wrote my entry while coming down from LSD. Yesterday was a strange one.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-22 04:39:52

@Radaketor

24 hours.

I don't see a problem with that, take your time. It's better if you write what you feel like than stress over it.
A reminder to all the authors who're waiting for their turn, it doesn't necessarily need to be all about Tom and the main story, you can write a side-story who will then (hopefully) be connected to the main story by another author.

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-22 14:53:57

At 5/15/15 03:19 PM, ShiftyHyena wrote: Thank you SO much to everyone who decided to participate. This is my first ever "Real" contribution to Newgrounds, and I'm very excited about it. Especially big thanks to Radaketor, who kept everything smooth and silky even while I had to juggle other stuff. Here's hoping the story is an epic that will live on through the ages of Newgrounds!

Thanks for getting this thing started! :) Thought it'd be a real challenge to jump in and jumble up the story properly, but it was just good fun! So far so random and entertaining.

At 5/12/15 02:48 PM, Radaketor wrote: I thought the collab would be a thread that would be posted in the Writing Forum organized by OP, i mean, it would make some sense for the only place for writers in this site to host the collab but if OP's ok with it and a programmer has some free time to help us out i could see it becoming an interactive flash, it's ultimately up to @ShiftyHyena, though.

...also, if publishing this in a more interactive; showcasable Flash form later on ever becomes an option, I'd be happy to make an interface.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-22 15:44:18

@Radaketor

24 hours.

'S fine, as long as you don't let it slide for a week or some such. Hope to see your entry soon!

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 13:11:56

Sorry I procrastinated

@TheInnerScience you're up buddy

Response to The 20th Anniversary Writing Collab 2015-05-24 13:38:14

At 5/24/15 01:11 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Sorry I procrastinated

Good job, your part was nice to read, you accidentally called Ron Rob, though.
The 69 floors joke was a nice touch.

BBS Signature

At 5/24/15 01:38 PM, Radaketor wrote:
At 5/24/15 01:11 PM, BanditWoolyBear wrote: Sorry I procrastinated

Good job, your part was nice to read, you accidentally called Ron Rob, though.
The 69 floors joke was a nice touch.

Whoops yeah. Joys of typing on a cellphone.