00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

424,867 Views | 4,078 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-21 20:30:42

At 8/16/15 01:08 AM, Bit wrote:
At 8/15/15 02:27 AM, LinaktheDoodler wrote: hello!! I'm sorta new I guess, I'm new to actually posting onto here! so I guess that counts!!
New enough. Welcome.

At 8/15/15 03:13 AM, ChaoticHarmony wrote: Hey, just joined #1 site on the internet for weeks now.
Newgrounds really is #1 on the Internet. Welcome to the #1 site.

At 8/15/15 04:36 PM, Graciferella wrote: Well hey I'm Grace, thanks for making an introduction forum cx Ahm well actually I was brought here by Christine Chubbuck's suicide tape honestly. Only to find out no recordings were saved.
Who? What?

You confuse me, but welcome to Newgrounds anyway.

I was searching to see if someone had recorded the incident and posted in online but I found a forum on Newgrounds informing me there were no tapes saved. Just look her name up or read my latest reply.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-21 23:41:02

(So I originally posted this in the wrong place. . . hopefully, I got it right this time ^^;)

Hello everyone here at Newgrounds!

The name's Lailah, but most know me as N-13. As you can probably tell, I'm new here and was wanting to get to know some of ya while also showing you all that I'm here in the first place. I'm an artist, musician, and voice talent among many other things. Now I don't have much content at the moment as I am new, but I plan on uploading fairly frequently to change that (something like a pic or project a day). The theme of my content (for the most part) is very "Halloween-y" and is heavily influenced by Japanese animation and the like. I hope to really enjoy my stay here and hope you all have an awesome day! \(^o^)/
This is usually the place where I'd post all of my social media or examples of my work. . . but I figured you all could just head on over to my page for all of that since I posted all of my social media there along with some art.

Stay lovely!

~Lailah

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-22 16:30:30

Howdy!

My name is FoxwolfJackson (although that's not my name in real life). I am a music composer who has been writing music for concert band, pep band, and marching band for many, many years and have been having stuff performed as far back as 2007. I also write fanfiction in my spare time and, if you're part of the Fire Emblem fanfiction community on fanfiction.net, you may recognize my penname from a little pet fanfic that I've been working on for almost eight years now.

I recently joined Newgrounds because I felt like I had gained enough experience writing music for bands that I could potentially try to delve into getting into what I have always wanted to do since I started writing music. I want to become a composer for video games and always have! : D I also have a guilty wish to do a bit of voice acting and maybe scriptwriting someday and feel that this would be the perfect way to find out whether I want to pursue that little desire or not.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-22 19:37:54

Hi, found this site via draw with jazza on youtube. I'll be lurking around from now on.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-23 02:11:57

Hey guys!

I used to be on here as a kid so long long long ago. New account, I'm a filmmaker who wants to try and get into surreal short form content.

That means, animation, music videos, etc.

I am not an animator myself, but I would love to collaborate with people on here and make some cool shit. If your'e an animator who wants to tackle something music wise, or if you are a musician that wants a video made, or just someone that wants to make something crazy, I'm down.

I'm located in LA.

Peace,

James

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-23 04:45:41

Hello and welcome, @JamesSowka.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-23 16:06:36

Hey, do you have any animation tutorials about frame by frame and how to animate, and also about symbols. thanks

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-24 10:49:26

I'm a digital textmode artist that works mainly with ANSi art (oldschool screens that were used as user interface on BBSes back in the day).

I used to keep an updated gallery of my artwork on DeviantArt for many years, but found out that NG has a way better and interactive audience, so moving was a no-brainer.

There are still many artists that still create fresh and inspiring ANSi art. Check our website to know more: http://www.blocktronics.org

Cheers!

Luciano

At 2/23/15 05:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: New to NG or the NG forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! What brought you to NG?

You should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ while you're here!

Everyone else, feel free to welcome new users are they arrive!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-24 12:09:37

At 8/24/15 10:49 AM, enzob7 wrote: I'm a digital textmode artist that works mainly with ANSi art (oldschool screens that were used as user interface on BBSes back in the day).

I used to keep an updated gallery of my artwork on DeviantArt for many years, but found out that NG has a way better and interactive audience, so moving was a no-brainer.

I've been loving your ANSi art for a while now! I get tempted to add an ANSi category every time I see new stuff from you, too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-24 12:44:11

At 8/24/15 12:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/24/15 10:49 AM, enzob7 wrote: I'm a digital textmode artist that works mainly with ANSi art (oldschool screens that were used as user interface on BBSes back in the day).

I've been loving your ANSi art for a while now! I get tempted to add an ANSi category every time I see new stuff from you, too.

Thanks, Tom. I really appreciate it. NG users have been very kind with their reviews and comments on my artwork. It's really great to be a part of it.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-29 19:03:08

At 8/23/15 04:06 PM, westernpooch wrote: Hey, do you have any animation tutorials about frame by frame and how to animate, and also about symbols. thanks

I don't know if it will help you any, but hopefully this video will.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-08-31 01:53:36

G'day lads!
Name's cute.

Been a lurker for many many years, using Newgrounds every now and then.
Well, decided to join your cult.

P.S.
Some of you are absolute nutters, but i love <3

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 04:41:46

Hello Friends!

Joined this Forum yesterday! Been an active viewer for years now and finally decided to sign up. Hope i can join in on the fun.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 11:02:01

At 8/31/15 01:53 AM, cute wrote: G'day lads!
Name's cute.

Cute, welcome to the cult, um site. Enjoy your stay.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 11:42:16

At 9/1/15 11:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/31/15 01:53 AM, cute wrote: G'day lads!
Name's cute.

Cute, welcome to the cult, um site. Enjoy your stay.

Cheers brother!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 15:01:08

Hi Im SkyLion im a rookie game dev and i came to Newgrounds because of Aerion who makes games and tutorials one of his tutorials was how to upload a game to Kongregate or Newgrounds and since i didn't know anything about newgrounds i decided to go check it out and make an account and it was worth it the website is great so far.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 23:30:57

At 9/1/15 03:01 PM, XSkyLionX wrote: Hi Im SkyLion im a rookie game dev and i came to Newgrounds because of Aerion who makes games and tutorials one of his tutorials was how to upload a game to Kongregate or Newgrounds and since i didn't know anything about newgrounds i decided to go check it out and make an account and it was worth it the website is great so far.

Hi XSkyLionX, welcome to NewGrounds. This is the place to be. Forget about Kongregate. The cool kids are all here.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 23:40:12

Hello!! Just joined the site, I've always loved Newgrounds and now wish to be a part of the experience. I posts some artwork and I have a lot planned for the future. BTW I am open for Art/Game Design/Programming commissions.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-01 23:59:30

At 9/1/15 03:01 PM, XSkyLionX wrote: Hi Im SkyLion im a rookie game dev and i came to Newgrounds because of Aerion who makes games and tutorials one of his tutorials was how to upload a game to Kongregate or Newgrounds and since i didn't know anything about newgrounds i decided to go check it out and make an account and it was worth it the website is great so far.

Welcome to Newgrounds. I think you'll find that Newgrounds is a lot cooler than Kongregate.

Probably because Kongregate was made by a greedy corporation, and Newgrounds was made by some geeky kid who went on to create Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, and Battleblock Theater.

At 9/1/15 11:40 PM, MegaGenesys wrote: Hello!! Just joined the site, I've always loved Newgrounds and now wish to be a part of the experience. I posts some artwork and I have a lot planned for the future. BTW I am open for Art/Game Design/Programming commissions.

Welcome to Newgrounds. You really are part of Newgrounds now. In times of old, becoming part of Newgrounds meant complex rituals and virgin sacrifices.

Nowadays, submitting content is good enough. So keep doing that.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-02 03:38:39

At 9/1/15 11:30 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Hi XSkyLionX, welcome to NewGrounds. This is the place to be. Forget about Kongregate. The cool kids are all here.

Yeah it really is bad Kongregate only shows the games on the front page that payed them money the ones that are actually good dont get any notice at all.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-02 04:08:45

Greetings, people who do things!

I don't usually do many things, but I enjoy enjoying things other people have done.

If I ever happen to do some good things, I'll post them here.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-02 12:49:16

At 9/2/15 03:38 AM, XSkyLionX wrote: Yeah it really is bad Kongregate only shows the games on the front page that payed them money the ones that are actually good dont get any notice at all.

Just forget about that inferior website. NewGrounds is free for all. Every game has a chance to become well known.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-03 23:46:03

At 9/2/15 04:08 AM, RewindBlind wrote: Greetings, people who do things!

I don't usually do many things, but I enjoy enjoying things other people have done.

If I ever happen to do some good things, I'll post them here.

Don't get your hopes up. I don't do anything, either.

I'm like that guy who hogs an entire table at Starbucks by strewing my laptops and note pads and pens all over the table all day so that people think that I'm some kind of productive big shot guy but I'm really just lonely.

Except I hate Starbucks.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-04 22:37:57

Ayo gg

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-05 00:29:17

At 9/4/15 10:37 PM, Nor wrote: Ayo gg

Welcome to Newgrounds, @Nor. I hope you find our selection of anime girls to be adequate.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-05 00:44:18

Hello Nor, welcome to NewGrounds. Feel free to check out all the games, films, art, and audio sections. There are also forums for posting.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-05 11:00:15

At 9/5/15 09:55 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 9/5/15 12:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Hello Nor, welcome to NewGrounds. Feel free to check out all the games, films, art, and audio sections. There are also forums for posting.
You're an idiot for not realizing Nor isn't new.

Welcome to Newgrounds, @Amaranthus.

We all just sort of like to pretend that @DoctorStrongbad isn't there in hopes that he'll go away.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-05 20:31:11

Herro There

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-05 20:53:20

At 9/5/15 09:55 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Nor isn't new.

Hello Amaranthus, welcome to NewGrounds. Feel free to check out all the games, films, art, and audio sections. You should probably avoid posting in the forums.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2015-09-06 12:46:33

Hello there.

BBS Signature