00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015)

5,014 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 05:01:30

As you all know, today is December 25. For some of you, this day is important. For some, this day is sacred. For some, joyous. And for some, challenging.

But for some of us, this day is a celebration of something extra special: music. Your music. I'm talking, of course, about the 2015 Audio Secret Santa.

Let me tell you something. This year's Secret Santa wasn't just successful, it was groundbreaking. As the sixth(!) consecutive running of this event, and the first to be mentioned in both the NG calendar and news, we reached a grand total of 50 participants, 13 of which signed up on the first day alone. That makes last year's final count of 36 (which itself was a record-breaking turnout) look like peas in comparison. You can bet we'll be doing this again next year.

So without further ado, here are the presents:

- - -

krssvr: from theamazingjamez

Eagleon: from krssvr

Azhthar: from Eagleon

Yoshiii343: from Azhthar

wandschrank: from johnfn

dude-im-alive: from wandschrank

Jernemies: from dude-im-alive

NickKaedalus: from Mawnz

LunacyEcho: from NickKaedalus

Breed: from LunacyEcho

midimachine: from Breed

Ectisity: from midimachine

Cacola: from vondirac

NekoMika: from Cacola

Lich: from camoshark

jdagenet: from larrynachos

garlagan: from jdagenet

KleptoidKat: from garlagan

stunkel: from KleptoidKat

Whirlguy: from stunkel

JacobCadmus: from Whirlguy

Jernemies: from JacobCadmus

CzeryWassierSwizier: from Jernemies

Knoxius: from CzeryWassierSwizier

AeronMusic: from Knoxius

Semaphore: from AeronMusic

Chongo: from Neon-Bard

arbelamram: from Chongo

alternativesolution: from arbelamram

Sequenced: from alternativesolution

WarmanSteve: from Sequenced

TheDukeofJuke: from WarmanSteve

w00tw00: from TheDukeofJuke

SGMusic: from w00tw00

Jaykwub: from SGMusic

Troisnyx: from frootza

TimandTodd: from Troisnyx

SourJovis: from TimandTodd

jaysummers759885: from SourJovis

Frozenfire56: from jaysummers759885

Wilhiemthe2nd: from Frozenfire56

theamazingjamez: from Wilhiemthe2nd

- - -

As usual, if I got anything wrong with the names, let me know. If you're having trouble with a link, please say so in the thread so we can get it worked out.

Unfortunately, with a larger amount of people participating comes a larger amount of people who don't deliver, and by extension a larger number of people who didn't get gifts this year. I know a lot of people expressed interest in picking up the post-Christmas empties, so decide who gets what and compose these guys some good ol'-fashioned holiday cheer.

johnfn
Mawnz
vondirac
camoshark
larrynachos
Neon-Bard
frootza

(One other person did not receive a gift, but also did not give one, and was therefore left out.)

And that about wraps it up! To those of you who are just hearing about this for the first time, I highly recommend you join the Secret Santa next year. Here is the thread from this year.

Have a great holiday and a happy 2015!

~ Stupor

Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015)

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 05:56:28

I can do camosharks song.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 06:16:41

Hope the song was all right, @NickKaedalus! I had a really hard time figuring out what to do with the song to make it longer... I had the main riff, but just hit a wall, and got to delay working on the song until the 23:rd hehe.
I'd never heard Fearofdark before though, and I'm glad I decided to check one of their songs out, because it was awesome.

Too bad I didn't get a song :< Christmas is about giving, right? So I guess I'm still happy :D

Merry christmas all!

wat

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 06:19:50

I know that no one around here has any idea who I am, but I'd be willing to do something for larrynachos if it's okay.

Click for the free download of Riptide and more!

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 07:12:39

Thank you @frootza! Like the play on the title, though I might steal a theme or so from you and mod it where I feel inspired to do so.
As for you, @TimandTodd, hope it's to your liking. I did me best....

Happy Christmas, all!

At 11/29/14 05:00 PM, JacobCadmus wrote: I want a song that is the ugliest, most disturbing pile of scatterbrained noise that I'll ever hear. Think of what you perceive as music... now do the complete opposite of that. Any sounds you can think of. Signal clipping is a plus.

I wanted more than just random noise to pain the ears (I should have left a headphone warning... Beware!), so it became my aim to create something that is trying to be music, but fails horribly. My objective was to make something so bad, it becomes funny. In the process, I couldn't help but make a few references to the king of bad music. I hope you're thrilled/revolted by what I made for you. Merry Christmas @JacobCadmus!!

In fact, merry Christmas to all of you :)

Wow @stunkel, this is pretty damn interesting stuff! Odd signature (alternating between 5/8 and 6/8 I think?), odd drums, and some lovely chords. There's a nice vibe about this. I like it a lot. Great present! Thank you :)

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 07:25:20

At 12/25/14 05:56 AM, Breed wrote: I can do camosharks song.

I refuse! I can do camosharks song!

Jk do it if you want I will make one for everyone anyway at some point but camo goes first.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 07:27:58

At 12/25/14 07:12 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Thank you @frootza! Like the play on the title, though I might steal a theme or so from you and mod it where I feel inspired to do so.
As for you, @TimandTodd, hope it's to your liking. I did me best....

Happy Christmas, all!

Merry Christmas Trois! You have the lyrics now, I will get to recording them at some point. Take whatever themes you'd like the song is for you!

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

sorry about my post frequency, my edit window timed out twice while i will make a song for anyone who didnt get a present im very much down to compose something for @johnfn @neon-bard @camoshark and/or @larrynachos i totally got you guys

edit: also @mawnz if i remember i could totally handle your request.

now its almost eight in the morning where i am im typing on an ipad and i need to sleep merry christmas all!

edit#2 to make things easier i just remembered you can skip the vocals i just want a track where you can feel the music thats all i ask write something from your soul.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 08:41:35

@Semaphore , Hope you like it, although it was not your wish. I made something quite different. I just couldn't come up with something better. Sorry.
@Knoxius , That's one cool song you made. Thanks dude :D

Anyways Merry Christmas to you all and I wish you the best. (:

Let me tell you something is off.

When this was announced and closed, and PMs were sent, I was accidentally sent TWO names: Mawnz and CzeryWassierSwizier. When I asked "wtf, wat, who?" I was told Mawnz was the correct giftee. Ultimately the song I did ended up in a VERY unfinished state (as you propably can hear), but I still did it by Mawnz's request, not Czery's as this list suggests. Also, I got two gifts?

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 09:03:26

Dang! @Neon-Bard killed it! I'm loving this song a LOT, and if @arbelamram likes my song a fifth of as much as I like his the I did something right! Merry Christmas y'all!!

E

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 09:13:28

At 12/25/14 09:03 AM, Chongo wrote: Dang! @Neon-Bard killed it! I'm loving this song a LOT, and if @arbelamram likes my song a fifth of as much as I like his the I did something right! Merry Christmas y'all!!

Haha yes! I'm really glad that you like the song, Chongo! Merry Christmas! :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays you guys, I hope everyone is having a great day! Btw, everybody knocked out some killer tunes - amazing material to listen to here.

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 09:16:25

Wow Frozen, this is pretty awesome! I love all the orchestration and complexity! Definitely scratches my Prog itch.
I hope you like my gift to you theamazingjamez, everyone made some pretty awesome gifts this year!

See you all for the 2015 NGASS!

Boy, IT Sure is BOring AroUnd

Here. Lets GO Shoot SUmething

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 10:05:40

Ha, awesome! Great job Sequenced, don't usually hear odd time signatures in electronic music, so that was a treat.

@TheDukeofJuke: Sorry it wasn't longer, I ran out of time -_- Bigger/better version coming soon!

@Whirlguy: That was hilarious XD

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 10:39:21

Merry Christmas everyone!

@johnfn That was a very moving (and long) text. ;D I hope you feel better by now & your computer does not die again. As I love chiptunes, I'm very happy with the "replacement", it sounds really cool! Thanks a lot!

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 11:04:50

At 12/25/14 09:16 AM, Wilhiemthe2nd wrote: Wow Frozen, this is pretty awesome! I love all the orchestration and complexity! Definitely scratches my Prog itch.

I'm glad you liked it, I was affraid that maybe it wasn't be enough good.

And about my gift, Thank you Jay, the song wasn't a super epic legendary masterpiece (for me at least xD) but it was cool (anyway, I'm not a big fan of voice samples, but that was my fault because I didn't specify that).

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 12:10:43

At 12/25/14 11:30 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I'm exhausted but extremely happy after making the gift for @Neon-Bard. Woot! Hope ya like it!

Uh oh. This is what happens when you procrastinate. I PM'd @Neon-Bard his present this morning. I apologize that you had to go through the trouble of making him a song when had already had one from me. It just wasn't on time.

I guess he gets a doubly musical Christmas, right?

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 12:45:11

At 12/25/14 12:27 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 12/25/14 12:10 PM, TheComputerHermit wrote:
LOL! Ya he's getting double the gift.

Thats definitely the best way to look at it. Merry fucking Christmas dem0lecule! Haha. :D.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 13:20:44

Love creepy circus music. Thanks a lot @Eagleon , nice track! Is the Skelephant juggling on a monocycle? Would be awesome ;)

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 13:56:50

At 12/25/14 12:27 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 12/25/14 12:10 PM, TheComputerHermit wrote:
LOL! Ya he's getting double the gift.

Indeed! I really appreciate these songs! Major, major props to you, dem0lecule, for crafting such an amazing track. You guys are awesome. @TheComputerHermit :D

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 14:34:51

At 12/25/14 01:20 PM, Azhthar wrote: Love creepy circus music. Thanks a lot @Eagleon , nice track! Is the Skelephant juggling on a monocycle? Would be awesome ;)

Glad you liked it :3 Tried to channel the exhaustion and frustration of a circus group slowly atrophying from a constant barrage of competing entertainment, propelled only by the force of will of its shady ringleader. If they did have a skeletal elephant, it'd be the curse laid upon them by a murdered fortune teller years ago, carefully hidden from public view in the tamer's wagon, waiting for its chance to escape and slaughter the entire group. The only things in both life and death that calmed its spirit are tubas.

Wish I could have done a little more hi-fi and gone with your second request - I really like John Carpenter - but soundfonts.

@krssvr Holy crap awesome <3 Definitely feeling the chemical and the brothers in there. It's going on my phonepod, just the sort of stuff I need for those long slogs home :) Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 15:03:51

Thanks everyone (@frootza, @TheDukeofJuke) for being so eager to jump on my piece. I appreciate ti - you guys are great.

Happy holidays everyone! :)

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 15:41:38

Definitely liked it and love it more the more I hear it! Calming the skelephant with the tubas indeed makes sense. Skelephants were always pleased by tubas. Probably the murdered fortune teller summoned the skelephant with a cursed tuba, made out of a giant elephant trunk...

At 12/25/14 02:34 PM, Eagleon wrote:
At 12/25/14 01:20 PM, Azhthar wrote: Love creepy circus music. Thanks a lot @Eagleon , nice track! Is the Skelephant juggling on a monocycle? Would be awesome ;)
Glad you liked it :3 Tried to channel the exhaustion and frustration of a circus group slowly atrophying from a constant barrage of competing entertainment, propelled only by the force of will of its shady ringleader. If they did have a skeletal elephant, it'd be the curse laid upon them by a murdered fortune teller years ago, carefully hidden from public view in the tamer's wagon, waiting for its chance to escape and slaughter the entire group. The only things in both life and death that calmed its spirit are tubas.

Wish I could have done a little more hi-fi and gone with your second request - I really like John Carpenter - but soundfonts.

@krssvr Holy crap awesome <3 Definitely feeling the chemical and the brothers in there. It's going on my phonepod, just the sort of stuff I need for those long slogs home :) Thank you.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 18:08:46

At 12/25/14 05:07 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote:
At 12/25/14 03:03 PM, johnfn wrote: Thanks everyone (@frootza, @TheDukeofJuke) for being so eager to jump on my piece. I appreciate ti - you guys are great.

Happy holidays everyone! :)
You're gonna love it, dude. Least I hope so. :T

:D :D :D I'm hyped!

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 18:51:47

Thank you so much for the gift @arbelamram!

@Sequenced, it's been a while, and while this was nowhere in my comfort zone, I hope you found some enjoyment from it.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 19:42:23

@TimandTodd Thanks a lot for your awesome song! It's very interesting and it perfectly fits my demands. I like how it had a christmas/hanukan/holiday theme. Gets me in the mood.

@jaysummers759885 I hope you'll like this song. Not sure what you wanted to hear to be honest, but it's supposed to be ambient with an odd time signature. I wasn't able to finish it mainly because the time signature was hard to work with. It's 1 bar 3/4, 1 bar 4/4 and 2 bars 5/4, then repeat over and over. I'll finish it and add some more memorable parts to it. I'll let you know.

@Mawnz I'm sorry you didn't receive a song. I made something recently that I hope you will like. Here it is. It's not a final boss theme like you wanted. Instead it's an intro theme where you are seduced to press the start button. This theme could ofcourse return in a final boss theme. Just imagine it will. Two yours ago I made this song for the Secret Santa (2012). It's an old song but it meets your demands more. It has the final boss theme and the choirs and such. I plan to remake that song in the near future with more advanced instruments.

@vondirac perhaps you'll like the song I sent Mawnz (too). It has a bit of that Sega Genesis feel you asked for, and it has guitars, but not an FM bass. You could listen to this song which has an prominent FM bass (Yamaha DX7), and also a video game sound. Or you could listen to this song, which has the synth guitars you asked for, and also the Sega Genesis feel, and a catchy synth bass.

@Frootza I hope someoene will create something good for you. In the mean time here's a catchy, laidback song that hopefully you can dance to. It has all electronic instruments that sound very organic and have been played live.

BBS Signature

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 21:22:45

I'm afraid my gift link is broken in some fashion. Soundcloud cannot seem to play my sound. As I am eager to hear this song, it would be most appreciated if the lnk could be fixed.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 21:27:11

At 12/25/14 09:22 PM, theamazingjamez wrote: I'm afraid my gift link is broken in some fashion. Soundcloud cannot seem to play my sound. As I am eager to hear this song, it would be most appreciated if the lnk could be fixed.

NUP IT WORKS. MAGICS.

Response to Merry Christmas! (NGASS2015) 2014-12-25 21:45:27

@Wilhiemthe2nd:
Fine work! I really like how you made an upbeat house track, but at the same time, simulates the droning shoegaze style sound. Really good, very enjoyable! Thanks!