00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I fucking Hate Youtube

5,446 Views | 59 Replies

I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:13:37

I don't know what's with youtube, everybody likes it. But it's just hungreads of let's players in there. And NG is like the real deal.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:17:00

At 11/26/14 05:13 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote:

But it's just hungreads of let's players in there. And NG is like the real deal.

You're right, but YouTube is still awesome.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:19:19

You're right, but YouTube is still awesome.

Awesome for what? For those couple of animators who ran from NG? Yeah those ones. I guess they are cool, but it doesn't make youtube awesome, for 1. it has shitty site design as for NG, holy fek it's kewl.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:25:54

Yeah, ussualy when I use youtube is eighter for cartoons or music that Iike.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:51:08

forget the let's players and look at cute animals instead

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:52:55

Give a link?

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:53:39

At 11/26/14 05:13 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: I don't know what's with youtube, everybody likes it. But it's just hungreads of let's players in there. And NG is like the real deal.

For real! That's why we're here. And not there.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 17:54:10

Mah Negro

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 18:01:07

I'm glad that youtube has a Option to pause your watch history though I don't think that it improves the recommendations that you're liking and disliking very much.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 18:01:30

Then don't go there?? You don't have to visit there you know.

Personally I'd recommend against uploading content there but watching the existing content is fine but just only search for stuff you're interested in and ignore the front paged stuff.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 18:03:43

I use YouTube a lot for listening to Hollywood Babble On on the SeeSMod channel because there are some visual parts that you wouldn't see if you listened on iTunes or the SModcast site but SeeSMod edits them in for you (Exquisite Acting, What's Kev in? etc.) . I sometimes listen to standup comedy performances on it, too. I also watch TV shows on it like QI, Would I Lie to You, MST3K etc. There are lots of movies on it as well (in fact, there's a subreddit for it). And it's good for checking out/showing people music and looking for trailers of movies you're curious about. Quickly looking up a part of a game I'm stuck on is something I've used YT plenty of times for, too. And of course there's a few good subreddits that pretty much depend on the site like /r/youtubehaiku and /r/commercialcuts. And speaking of watching shows on YouTube, there's a YouTube app for DirecTV so I can watch that stuff on the TV. I was just putting on Rocko's Modern Life and the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special last night for my niece and I was just now watching Would I Lie to You after I came back in from shoveling.

BTW, booyoutube.com is great for mobile.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 18:27:17

Are you fucking kidding m8

Youtube has videos of fucking everything. It has funny videos, educational videos, cool videos of people doing cool things, interesting videos, videos of experimental inventions, videos of places you'll never go, videos of incredible musicians doing incredible things, fucking EVERYTHING.

Newgrounds is better for aspiring music & flash artists who haven't gained any following yet, people who are just starting out and don't know what to do to generate views.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 19:32:38

At 11/26/14 05:23 PM, Xenomit wrote: I watch youtube purely for Vanoss and the gang (Daithi De Nogla, Wildcat, H20 Delirious, all those guys) watch mojo, cinema sins and random songs that I think about throughout the day

Same here, but I don't watch WatchMojo a lot. I also use it for watching astronomy and science vids every now and then.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 19:35:10

i kinda like let's plays anyway

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 20:00:56

The YouTube comments make me want to burn myself

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 20:08:17

At 11/26/14 05:13 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: I don't know what's with youtube, everybody likes it.

"liking" something is not the same as using something since it does what it does better than everything else currently.

Most people hate youtube, but they have to deal with it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 21:01:23

YouTube is great from a vanilla consumer point of view - you can upload all your frickin home movies and videos of you kissing your aunt and so forth, for free, and have a reliable place that will host those videos for the rest of your family to see. For free.

YouTube sucks if you expect more than that, and really sucks if you intend to monetize your videos.

Perhaps YouTube v4 will be better, but we've got what we've got.

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-26 23:29:11

I'm really disliking all these big websites like face book and google. Mostly because they cold and careless to their consumers because they know no matter what stupid update or privacy abuse they do they'll just keep coming back.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 00:27:12 (edited 2014-11-27 00:29:17)

you do realize you can search up different stuff besides lets plays right. see, this is the problem with most NGers ive seen. while slightly less retarded than youtubers, people on here are so pretentious it's ridiculous. they act as if newgrounds is the only place you can find quality and everywhere else is shit. they give deviantart so much shit because of the yaoi crappy art there despite newgrounds having the same thing but with nudity. people bash youtube for the immature lets players when most of the comedy on newgrounds ranges from dick joke to morbid dick joke. and newgrounds also likes ride every bandwagon and fad that ever exists because there would be a shit ton of animations on the front page that consists of whatever's trending (five nights at Freddy's, michelangelo 's ugly face, minecraft steve being the bad guy and the creeper is just misunderstood, etc)

youtube doesn't have quality my ass.

better than battle of the gods

better than most horror films nowadays

as said above

a living and breathing cheat sheet

im pretty sure this is how the real show actually went

if you tell me he doesn't sound like a teenage steve carell you are a fucking liar

not the typical stick figure animation

the greatest thing that has ever been created by mere mortals

retardation is sometimes the smartest answer

pretty chill guy

a.i

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 00:30:29

At 11/26/14 05:13 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: I don't know what's with youtube, everybody likes it. But it's just hungreads of let's players in there. And NG is like the real deal.

hungreads?

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 04:18:16

You do not hate YouTube, you hate a certain group of people on YouTube.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 11:47:51

Ehh, you're probably right.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 11:50:01

At 11/26/14 08:41 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
I dont know whats with Newgrounds, some losers like it. But its just hundreds of shitty animations of mediocre artists in there. And YT is the real deal.

See, two can play that game. :========))))))))

Well animators do actually give a shit about what they're doing. Not let's players who sit all day recording the same stuff every other let's player does.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 11:53:25

Ehhh, i dunno. I mostly use Youtube to download and listen to songs, sometimes when i don't have money to buy a game i just watch a Let's play there. Of course i prefer Newgrounds, i spend most of my online time here.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 11:56:10

At 11/27/14 11:50 AM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: Well animators do actually give a shit about what they're doing. Not let's players who sit all day recording the same stuff every other let's player does.

There are a lots of different styles let's players can have, some go the comedic route and make jokes while playing, others help us with difficult parts, some focus simply on playing the game and nothing else and others play the game, give their opinion and give us a review of it to help us decide if we want to buy the game or not.
My point is, not all let's players are the same.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 12:01:46

And I'm talking about let's players. Let's players are people who just play the game, like poodipai. But I do like channels like Game Theorists and DidYouKonowGamin, or LORE. Those channels are good, but if a guy sitting in a chair playing a game and because of that becomes a millionare, then he's a non-talented, unoriginal piece of shit, crack loving son of a btch. Plus, nowdays almost everyone has a youtube acc where they upload let's plays. It's like everyone should have a title nowdays.

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 12:03:26 (edited 2014-11-27 12:05:22)

I just think google has fucked it up so much it's a real shame. Before the takeover there was no ads, annoyingly springing up. I know there's adblock available but we shouldn't have to have it, it's the principle. And what used to piss me off is that sometimes the ad's outdo the video's length.

Oh well, YouTube is still good enough for me to use it anyway. I'm beginning to actually like G+ integration, not the annoying double account thing because of it but I like the notifications bar, real efficient

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 12:06:40

At 11/27/14 12:01 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: And I'm talking about let's players. Let's players are people who just play the game, like poodipai. But I do like channels like Game Theorists and DidYouKonowGamin, or LORE. Those channels are good, but if a guy sitting in a chair playing a game and because of that becomes a millionare, then he's a non-talented, unoriginal piece of shit, crack loving son of a btch. Plus, nowdays almost everyone has a youtube acc where they upload let's plays. It's like everyone should have a title nowdays.

yeah it's p bullshit bro but its easy money if you got a good personality, also got a good understanding of editing unless you let someone else do it

still like lets players tons better than the idiots who film their own reactions and consider that fun to watch like why the fuck is that a thing

lurk

BBS Signature

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 18:02:05

There's a lot of things I hate on Youtube but I surprisingly never find them, most likely because I don't waste my time looking for it.

Response to I fucking Hate Youtube 2014-11-27 18:14:23

At 11/26/14 05:19 PM, andrewstelevisionNG wrote: You're right, but YouTube is still awesome.

Awesome for what? For those couple of animators who ran from NG? Yeah those ones. I guess they are cool, but it doesn't make youtube awesome, for 1. it has shitty site design as for NG, holy fek it's kewl.

I don't think the two websites serves the same functions...