00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

suicide over dumb shit

3,241 Views | 49 Replies

suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 16:49:01

why is it that the old dirty hobo with nothing to live for fights everyday to stay alive. but the teenager with a family that cares for her kills herself because of some mean comments over the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 16:52:30

At 9/29/14 04:49 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: why is it that the old dirty hobo with nothing to live for fights everyday to stay alive. but the teenager with a family that cares for her kills herself because of some mean comments over the internet.

suicide over dumb shit

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:00:46 (edited 2014-09-29 17:01:26)

At 9/29/14 04:52 PM, Conal wrote:
At 9/29/14 04:49 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: why is it that the old dirty hobo with nothing to live for fights everyday to stay alive. but the teenager with a family that cares for her kills herself because of some mean comments over the internet.
Because adolescence is like a temporary mental disorder that makes you irrational & emotional.

This. All of those hormones, synaptic changes, and rap music basically make teenage a mental illness.

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:01:14 (edited 2014-09-29 17:03:49)

this looks like an emo thread @WahyaRanger I SUMMON THEE *when i find a anime thread i will summon @Gobblemeister

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:11:43

The real question is, why would digital words hurt any less than spoken words? Cyber bullying is probably often perpetrated by people that know each other in real life.

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:16:30

At 9/29/14 05:11 PM, Scintillating wrote: The real question is, why would digital words hurt any less than spoken words? Cyber bullying is probably often perpetrated by people that know each other in real life.

Close yo eyes. Walk away from teh scr33n m9. Lrn 2 knot sux.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:16:38

At 9/29/14 05:11 PM, Scintillating wrote: The real question is, why would digital words hurt any less than spoken words? Cyber bullying is probably often perpetrated by people that know each other in real life.

that's not always true but it does happen alot

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:19:59 (edited 2014-09-29 17:24:23)

At 9/29/14 04:59 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/29/14 04:49 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: why is it that the old dirty hobo with nothing to live for fights everyday to stay alive
Suicide attempts and ideation in homeless people is extremely high. Source.

nobody said the homeless never try to commit suicide.

You are projecting an unrealistically optimistic stereotype onto the homeless.

how the hell is trying survive a unrealistic stereotype.

I would advise that you don't trivialise their plight by dressing them all as heroes.

yes I am definitely trivializing, dressing the homeless man as a hero because I said he is trying to survive.

you sure showed me

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:26:38

At 9/29/14 05:15 PM, Canas wrote: yeah, go read some fucking Durkheim you socially blind fuck

you mean asshole. I hope you enjoy me slitting my wrist because you hurt my feelings

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:29:55

At 9/29/14 04:58 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote: > actually thinks people commit something like suicide for attention

go tip your fedora and be a retro sprite neckbeard faggot somewhere else

you can't read can you?

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 17:34:04

When the world is trying somewhat successfully to destroy you, you realize how much suffering capitulation will actually cause.

Right now there's some dude in a hospital, hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, who will be homeless the second he steps out of the hospital, desperately learning to walk again.

When you've felt the cold hand of death on your shoulder, you don't take it so lightly.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 18:00:54 (edited 2014-09-29 18:07:01)

At 9/29/14 05:43 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/29/14 05:19 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: nobody said the homeless never try to commit suicide.
You're missing the point entirely.
Your opening post presented two contrasting scenarios from both ends of the spectrum, but you held them up in comparison as though either example were typical. Both are extremities.

how the hell is trying survive a unrealistic stereotype.
Because in reality, suicidal ideation and attempts among the homeless are extremely high.
You failed to mention this, because it doesn't fit in with your completely inaccurate projection of "the homeless guy" as being a fierce warrior fighting for survival.

so i guess homeless people trying to get money and survive is only something made in movies
I wasn't projecting the homeless guy as being a fierce warrior. I was projecting him of have basic human instinct "surviving"

Your teenage girl who kills herself over what you refer to as "mean comments on the internet".
You're conveniently ignoring and failing to mention the myriad factors involved with this example (I listed three).

that's because didn't I scroll all the way down like a smart person

just because some mentally ill doesn't make killing themselves over a comment made from a person who you will never see again or don't know less stupid

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 18:10:44

I don't get why there's this assumption that people commit suicide over 'dumb shit.' I mean, I do, but people have pretty shitty reasons for living too. Think about it. How many of us here are ever going to have a healthy relationship with our family or a partner? How many of us will get to retire? Between someone that actually believes they have a future and someone that kills themselves over some online bullying (eg. Amanda Todd) I would say people in the second category are making the smarter (though still stupid) choice.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 18:24:50 (edited 2014-09-29 18:25:13)

At 9/29/14 06:10 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Nothing I said implied that in the slightest.

You are projecting an unrealistically optimistic stereotype onto the homeless
how the hell is trying survive a unrealistic stereotype
Because in reality, suicidal ideation and attempts among the homeless are extremely high

unrealism=books/movies

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 18:57:47

At 9/29/14 06:48 PM, WahyaRanger wrote:
At 9/29/14 05:01 PM, DalexJ1337 wrote: this looks like an emo thread @WahyaRanger I SUMMON THEE
I'm not emo you fucking piece of shit.

WahyaRanger was later found with slits on his wrist with a note inside his anus saying" I hope you're proud of yourself DalexJ1337"

suicide over dumb shit

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 18:57:56

Because suicide stems from a disease known as depression, and the people that commit suicide legitimately can't control those urges.

By the way, OP, you aren't a psychologist, but you could at least try finding the information instead of looking like a dick.

Anyone that tries to argue with me is just wrong, by the way. Stupid old cliche opinions about suicide being just "selfish" or whatever else aren't evidence that suicidal tendencies is something someone can turn on or off or just instantly help.

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 19:04:51 (edited 2014-09-29 19:18:29)

At 9/29/14 06:57 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Because suicide stems from a disease known as depression, and the people that commit suicide legitimately can't control those urges.

By the way, OP, you aren't a psychologist, but you could at least try finding the information instead of looking like a dick.

Anyone that tries to argue with me is just wrong, by the way. Stupid old cliche opinions about suicide being just "selfish" or whatever else aren't evidence that suicidal tendencies is something someone can turn on or off or just instantly help.

I never said his opinion was wrong nor that was I being a dick. apparently you didn't read the part where he was arguing against my opinion on the matter.
again being mentally ill doesn't make it less stupid

I love this edit button

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 19:06:21

At 9/29/14 07:04 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
again being mentally ill doesn't make it less stupid

Actually, it does, considering what the word "stupid" means.

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 19:11:43

At 9/29/14 06:13 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 9/29/14 05:43 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
Why do you feel you must win every argument?

because
i'm sorry for what you're about to watch

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 19:13:49 (edited 2014-09-29 19:14:10)

I think this has something to do with the hedonistic treadmill; how people's relative happiness changes proportionally depending on the way they live. I'm pretty sure lots of homeless people kill themselves, it's just that it isn't a big thing to the media so no one talks about it, not to mention I'm pretty sure many would view it as a good thing.

Concerning the teenagers on FB or other places on the internet, it probably has to do with the fact that to them, it's the same as being hit physically repeatedly; even though it isn't.

Suicide shouldn't be considered an illness because there is usually a reason as to why someone is unhappy, since they weren't born that way, whether the reason is obvious to them or not. I'm not saying that the medication for it is faulty or w.e, but to me it's like when someone medication for stress, you wouldn't say that stress is inherently a disease, but a disease caused by something in your environment since it doesn't pop up out of nowhere.

*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 19:28:24

Humans have a natural will to live. That will can be lost at any time, for any single reason or set of reasons. And that, in short, is why you see penniless people still trucking on and teenagers just deciding to end it all early.

Most people in general commit suicide because of health and/or money issues. Any reason is a valid reason, but those are just some of the more common ones. We all have an inalienable right to suicide, and far too much money is being wasted on suicide awareness and professional counseling. Everyone will die and there's nothing wrong with dying at your own hands.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 20:10:58

At 9/29/14 06:48 PM, WahyaRanger wrote:
At 9/29/14 05:01 PM, DalexJ1337 wrote: this looks like an emo thread @WahyaRanger I SUMMON THEE
I'm not emo you fucking piece of shit.

if you are an emo you will have emo powers

suicide over dumb shit

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 20:19:57

At 9/29/14 08:13 PM, WahyaRanger wrote:
At 9/29/14 08:10 PM, DalexJ1337 wrote: if you are an emo you will have emo powers
>Calls me emo
>Makes reference to emo kid's anime

its a meme Wranger for example

microsoft buys minecraft

(Death Note) bill gates

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 21:51:42

I think its cute how people ask about suicide when they contemplate it.

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 21:52:03

Suicide never ends, there's no way it's going to end, it's impossible until the world ends when the sun blows up.

Depression never ends until you ask a doctor about an anti depression product that you might choose.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 22:45:07

Some people do it because they are in real problems, like SCTE3 said, or because they're weak and kill them selves because they broke up.

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-29 23:29:01

this thread makes me want to commit suicide.

so edgy

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-30 00:34:25

this....this thread...its.....its.....

[grabs popcorn and lays back]
perfect

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-30 02:14:51 (edited 2014-09-30 02:18:55)

At 9/29/14 06:00 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: just because some mentally ill doesn't make killing themselves over a comment made from a person who you will never see again or don't know less stupid

I was cyberbullied by people I knew. I turned the computer off, but was still frightened because I felt like they could come to my house in a flash. It made me not want to leave my room, and it made me very miserable. Therapy suggests that I may have already showed signs of some developing mental illness before this happened... but I've also never killed myself, so who knows.

Regardless, I don't think it's that far-fetched to be effected by something you read online, even if you don't know the person writing it in the flesh (the feeling being that someone on the 'net is just as real as yourself). Whether 4chan bozos like it or not, it's central to an increasing number of lives, and it can easily become infectious because there aren't really any "guides" on how to use the Internet (for example, something suggesting you take a break for a while if you're getting too "involved").

I've seen your snidey responses so I get the impression you're fishing for "offended responses" from those darn sensies, but you know, I can't really complain about something being typically Newgrounds.com BBS if I don't state my feelings every now and then.

EDIT: @Canas Durkheim is totes overrated.

BBS Signature

Response to suicide over dumb shit 2014-09-30 03:59:26

At 9/29/14 09:52 PM, Coinboi wrote: Suicide never ends, there's no way it's going to end, it's impossible until the world ends when the sun blows up.

Depression never ends until you ask a doctor about an anti depression product that you might choose.

Sorry to change the subject, but why does the world have to end by the sun doing it's thing. I doubt humans will still be around by then, and if they even are still hanging around Earth, then who's to say that nuclear war won't kill us all?

I'm just saying.