00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

should holocaust denial be a crime

5,204 Views | 82 Replies

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 14:04:04

No it shouldn't.

There is such a thing as freedom of speech and even if you come out as a complete asshole you have the right to be a complete asshole.

Just don't expect people to treat you like others because of your beliefs.

At 9/28/14 08:06 PM, Xenomit wrote: the worst you can give hitler is not stopping the guy.

You mean accessory to murder? He basically allowed millions of people to be incinerated in HIS country while HE was in charge, and he's in no way an evil man? So if you're the all-powerful dictator of a country, and your second-in-command pushes through the order to murder all the homosexuals in that country, and you choose not do anything about it even if you have the power to stop it, it's totally not your fault that all those people died?

Xenomit for president, everybody. Showing the world what a leader is, one #2edgy4u comment at a time.

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:09:06

At 9/29/14 01:30 PM, Splats wrote:
At 9/27/14 09:55 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: yes
even if they are cold facts who are you to put someone in jail or even just find someone cause he's saying something you don't like

it's not that i don't like it, it's that it causes great harm to the descendants and relatives of those who were victims or survivors of the holocaust- it wasn't just jews either- gays, gypsies, black people... anyone not "german" was a target. denying that it was born of hatred just opens the doors for it to happen again

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:10:06

Why? It never happened.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:24:42

At 9/29/14 05:09 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote:
At 9/29/14 01:30 PM, Splats wrote:
At 9/27/14 09:55 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: yes
even if they are cold facts who are you to put someone in jail or even just find someone cause he's saying something you don't like
it's not that i don't like it, it's that it causes great harm to the descendants and relatives of those who were victims or survivors of the holocaust- it wasn't just jews either- gays, gypsies, black people... anyone not "german" was a target. denying that it was born of hatred just opens the doors for it to happen again

It causes me great harm when people claim that evolution is not real. It's also harmful to deny the cold, hard facts of science. It sets our knowledge of human origins back by over one hundred years.

We should arrest anyone who doesn't agree. Letting them go free just opens the doors for them to write more anti-evolution books, ya know?

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:43:48

If someone drinks a powerful acid, would the doctor advise them to drink a powerful alkali (base) to neutralise the acid in their stomach? NO!

Thats what the German law is doing, apparently. In an effort to undo the harm the Hitler govt did to the jews, the German govt has now gone to the opposite extreme. They are drinking the alkali to counter the effect of the acid they had drank earlier.

Doesn't sound like a wise move to me ...

Disrespect the respected figures of Christianity and Islam = Freedom of speech

Making hate videos against the whole Muslim community (innocence of the muslims movie) = Freedom of expression

Sketching insulting and hate-filled images of Christ = Freedom of expression

Denying holocaust = wtf?! You aren't free to deny holocaust, fool ! It's a national crime to do that !

Err ... did someone say Double Standards?? Hah! Not me!

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:50:44

it should also be noted that claiming that the nazi holocaust tends to revolve around the 6million jews and not the other people that died. Also claiming that other holocausts happened besides the nazi plan for the final solution are forms of holocaust denial

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:56:44

At 9/29/14 05:54 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/29/14 05:50 PM, mrexcellent2190 wrote: Also claiming that other holocausts happened besides the nazi plan for the final solution are forms of holocaust denial
Please explain the rationale behind this statement. Because it is completely wrong.

i read some where that its considered antisemitic to claim that other holocausts were more severe in that larger amounts of people died. or that for example the focus of the extermination of prisioners in ww2 if too much on jews when many eastern europeans died in ukraine russia and poland

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 17:59:32

At 9/29/14 05:24 PM, Bit wrote: It causes me great harm when people claim that evolution is not real. It's also harmful to deny the cold, hard facts of science. It sets our knowledge of human origins back by over one hundred years.

We should arrest anyone who doesn't agree. Letting them go free just opens the doors for them to write more anti-evolution books, ya know?

Exactly !!

And if anybody denies that the dinosaurs went extinct due to a major asteroid impact event 65.5 million years ago, it's a major scientific blasphemy and such people should be sued and jailed for this hard crime, and their properties be confiscated. You get the idea ;)

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 18:29:09

At 9/29/14 06:16 PM, Vinnyy wrote: No, unless it brings harm to others. People are free to believe whatever they wish. There's no changing that.

Speech can harm.

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 19:10:27

No.

It's stupid, but hardly warrants someone going to prison. Especially when these people who deny the holocaust will never be able to convince anyone of their delusional lie, anyways. Doing so would only open the door for these people having a bigger persecution complex.

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 19:46:00

At 9/29/14 07:54 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/29/14 07:46 PM, mrexcellent2190 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust_Industry
If you're going to post a relevant link would you mind explaining why it is relevant?
What part of that Wikipedia page are you highlighting?

basically the whole thing i know thats a broad and vauge statement but ill post a video link too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe65-nF3FQ

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 22:50:52

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 22:56:42

If we did that we'd have to make being an idiot a crime, and then we'd have a lot of dead people on our hands.

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 23:23:13

At 9/29/14 11:00 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 9/29/14 10:50 PM, mrexcellent2190 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial#France
what's your point?

just posting this for general information

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-29 23:33:53

At 9/28/14 08:06 PM, Xenomit wrote: hitler was genuinely not evil.

"Guten tag, Herr Hácha. I shall be invading your homeland, my forces will overwhelm and annihiliate any opposition in the kindest of manners. We shall extirpate any Jews or people who have been found associating with said Jews upon your lands, casting fear of further genocide onto your youth for the dawn of a global empire which seeks to utilize sciences to sculpt the human species to achieve ends determined by a small group of elitists.

I noticed you are having a heart attack. May I telephone you a nurse? We may delay the discussion of your surrender shortly."

(Not how it went^^)

should holocaust denial be a crime

Just an 02er.

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-30 00:39:09

I honestly can't tell if this thread is a joke

I'm hoping it is

I joke about way worse shit then the holocaust on a daily basis, and honestly if "holocaust denial" became a legit law I think id lose my shit laughing and post it everywhere

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

At 9/30/14 12:39 AM, AtlasTheGaurdian wrote: I honestly can't tell if this thread is a joke

I'm hoping it is

I joke about way worse shit then the holocaust on a daily basis, and honestly if "holocaust denial" became a legit law I think id lose my shit laughing and post it everywhere

i wanted to delete my post.....

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-09-30 03:42:40

At 9/30/14 03:28 AM, mrexcellent2190 wrote:
i wanted to delete my post.....

It's ok I forgive you sweetie <3

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-10-04 10:40:37

Of course, if it was really a crime to say or do things that were unbearably stupid, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer would be on death row...not that they probably shouldn't be anyway.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-10-04 10:56:00

Yes, because I think the disinformation that plagues our media and the internet is causing a massive divide between people and it needs to be stopped. Anything to accomplish that, like fining or maybe even locking up people spreading disinformation, should be done. There is freedom of speech, and there is mindlessly running your ignorant mouth to incite hatred.

BBS Signature

Response to should holocaust denial be a crime 2014-11-01 00:22:12

In The Netherlands the particular act of denying the holocaust isn't a crime, but it's considered spreading hatred and you can be convicted for it. I had a murican friend come visit me and one of my mates convinced him to give a cop a nazi salute, and he spent 3 days in jail. (not the same thing as denying the holocaust but still.)

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature