00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrMeltingPoint just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff

21,896 Views | 103 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 09:59:38

At 6/21/14 03:57 AM, FuryX33 wrote: I have been on newgrounds for 3 years but never really made a account. But this time I did and I feel like I can achieve something great out of here. I already posted 1 audio and 2 art pieces. and I already have 2 fans which is amazing for me xD.

That's awesome, you're off to a great start!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 10:15:07

At 6/21/14 09:59 AM, Loki wrote: Hi Tom, I'm new to this site, and this video is the reason I made an account, to leave a review...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/128258

I should see if we can get an MP4 version of that up...

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 10:34:01

I made a newgrounds account a loooong time ago, I was really little and i loved animations so i thought creating an account would magically give me the ability and programs to animate, which was unfortunately not true, upon making this realization I never returned the site again.

I made a new account just yesterday, after logging into my old one and deciding I'd like to start again, and i still really want to animate and I'm saving up for the program. As for what brought me back, well I guess I was feeling nostalgic and decided to play riddle school again?? I don't really understand why that was. After that I decided to stick around and play new games, Perdition caught my fancy and I just remembered how awesome this place was

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 11:32:09

That's awesome, you're off to a great start!

I already got 2 Fans :D yay

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 13:53:56

Hello! I'm Ferdafs and I'm pretty much new here. I've been to NG before but I never tried to communicate with anyone in NG (I just liked to watch animations and play some games) ^^'... I got into NG because I want to practice my programming and drawing (and animating a bit). I've been active for 2-3 months and made about 4 games now and I've already made over 230 fans! I really didn't expect that. I'm glad the community accepted me so fast ^^ I Hope we all get along in the future!

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 14:38:17

At 6/20/14 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Can we please get Butzbo to 1000 fans?

Woah. thanks a lot for the feature Tom, I just reached 400!
It's been cool to read so many recent updates on new artists.

How I got into the page; curiously enough, around 2005-06 I was also attracted by sprite movies that I had found on VGDC(that site still exists!).

Then I started discovering other inspiring-original things like Salad Fingers, DanPaladin animations, Brackenwood shorts (and the list goes on). that led me to start making animations for the Flash Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 18:31:11

At 6/20/14 11:59 AM, Indeks wrote:
Abobo

best
Newgrounds
game
EVER

At 6/20/14 01:00 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Like my dad with all of mine.

:(

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 20:04:37

Man 20 years already!, The first flash game i discovered on newgrounds was this outstanding megaman gamehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/121614

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 20:55:41

Hey Tom thanks for featuring my animation!

I remember exactly how I found Newgrounds. A friend of mine showed me Weebl and Bob, and I thought it was really great. Weebl's site also featured Salad Fingers and that's how I found out about David Firth. While watching his other animations at his website I noticed some of them said Newgrounds in the preloader and I wondered what that was. When I clicked it I remember I was a bit overwhelmed. It took some time before I made an account and submitted my first flash. And it got blammed. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-21 23:32:13

I have known about Newgrounds for some time. Until recently did I create an account, and honestly no one piece of content brought me into. I like all the things the site provided from the animation to the games and more.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 00:09:24

I don't post, I've been lurking here for 13 years now . The FDA videos got me and my brothers hooked. We still make jokes about these videos to this day.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 00:16:21

At 6/22/14 12:09 AM, dragyne wrote: I don't post, I've been lurking here for 13 years now . The FDA videos got me and my brothers hooked. We still make jokes about these videos to this day.

Also i am noticing that I ahve one of the oldest accounts in this thread which is amusing for how little I have used i. I've just been enjoying content for years and years.

I believe I first started coming to this site in 2000. My brothers and I (both younger by 4 and 5 years respectively) Loved the toilet humor the jokes about anal sex and were always blown away by flash animation. I am trying to think back on anything that stood out from back then. There was so many creative people on the site. Loving the Pico's series of games is something I recall fondly, as well as all they various ways we had to kill Britney Spears or play dress up. Im amazed by the new stuff people are doing and I continue to be amazed by it. Game Designers, Artists, Musicians, you all rock and keep on rocking.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 02:37:23

I'm not absolutely new to this site, though I've only recently began posting new content in hopes of getting more attention.
Here's one of three animations I've posted so far and plan to post more: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/641345

So far, I like a lot of the people here because everyone gives out good critique that I end up learning from.

Honestly, it's a shame to see that this site doesn't get as much traffic as it deserves.
But who knows, maybe the next gen will bring back people soon enough.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 03:35:28

EH.....
THANKS,TOMFULP

Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 05:40:31

I learned about NewGrounds from various Newgrounder's that had also started making YouTube channels back when YouTube-NewGrounds video theft was more frequent.

I watched the Awesome Series, Brawl Taunts and various others NewGrounds classics when I was told I could watch them on the site in crystal clear quality.

So I've been coming to this site to look at videos and games since...2008 I believe. As a result I've found some really cool submissions and users who's work I still follow to this day.

The thing that made me make an account was my own laziness. I've started a large array of different projects with Flash and I've been juggling all of them. So everything is getting worked on a little bit, but none of them are getting my full focus.

I figured that if I joined some contests and collabs, the requirement to finish a project before a deadline would be the driving force to make me finish something from start to finish, and get the creative juices flowing to the point I can start working on my gigantic pile of animations.

NewGrounds is hopefully the medium that will get my lazy butt back into animation mode again, and the collab I'm participating in should see to that. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 10:59:30

I remember playing on AG,and I came across Road of the dead,Thanks for reminding me Fulp,I'm gonna go play it again now

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 11:11:46

Can't believe NG is turning 20.

I still remember when NG turned 13 and fifty thousand people made the "Newgrounds is finally old enough to have a Newgrounds account!!" joke

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 15:44:11

Hey guys! I'm relatively new to the site...thought i'd come here and introduce myself, join the conversation...make some friends...maybe...hopefully.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 17:04:05

Hi, I'm HenLP.
I've been on Newgrounds under a different account for over 8 years now, but up until now I only watched stuff. So this last week I decided on opening a new account with my Internet nickname that I use on other platforms, and began by posting a few comic panels.
I'm hoping to get more feedback from the toon and animation guys (even if I only work on static pictures), maybe get more into the art community here, and get to help other fellows if they need to, and get help back if I need to.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 19:57:35

At 6/21/14 12:56 PM, Amaranthus wrote: After I saw my name here I thought Tom was going to be my fan.
I am deeply hurt.

Whoooooooops

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 20:00:11

At 6/21/14 08:55 PM, aap wrote: When I clicked it I remember I was a bit overwhelmed. It took some time before I made an account and submitted my first flash. And it got blammed. :'(

Awe man, I'm glad you didn't up and quit after that!

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 20:02:45

At 6/22/14 12:09 AM, dragyne wrote: I don't post, I've been lurking here for 13 years now . The FDA videos got me and my brothers hooked. We still make jokes about these videos to this day.

Shok and I were at a rest stop on the way back from NYC one day when some teenagers recognized the FDA on Shok's shirt. They were huge fans and the girls in the group had even created an FDA dance. That was really surreal.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 22:44:40

stuff like this and this. Ng seams less like an amateur flash site now and more emphasis on professional stuff. Standards for passing judgement now higher. Not as fun as the 2005-08 time period. Still find the odd gem I like though.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-22 23:49:26

I don't remember what brought me here, it's been so long! Madness Combat/ Bunnykill maybe? That's as far as I can remember.

Tumblr is like cheese. It's good until it gets moldy. Unfortunately all that mold wasn't actually mold and now all you are left with is mold.

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 06:42:41

I discovered Newgrounds in 2003 back when Final Fantasy parodies were all the rage, with Cactuar and Tonberry and 8-Bit Theater being my favorite. Of course O ended up watching a lot of other videos and playing other games (Foamy the Squirrel is classic, Decline of Video Gaming was hilarious, I heard the crew from that series released a game recently) but when the stream of FF parodies stopped (Which coincidentaly, was around the same time the Final Fantasy series began to decline), coming to NG stopped being a daily ritual, and i barely came in anymore except for the really famous stuff (Street Fighter colab, Abobo's big Adventure).

Now I'm hoping to change that, I wanna go back to being in touch with the talent, being up to date with the contet and leveling up my account, five reviews at a time. And man, has the starndards raised for flash animation, it's almost embarrassing to see the crappy MS paint junk written by teenagers that I used to adore compared to the stuff that comes out these days.

Can anyone suggest me some good new flash series or game so I can catch up?

So...Ummm...Well...

What the hell am I even doing here

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 09:52:02

I started on newgrounds because i wanted to be an animator but then i discovered action script so i made games. I wanted to animate because through newgrounds i saw a lot of talent and potential within the users.

And thats what brought me here :P

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 11:02:10

At 6/22/14 12:16 AM, dragyne wrote:

I didn't either for a while. Sure was wild in the BBS in those days!

Also i am noticing that I ahve one of the oldest accounts in this thread which is amusing for how little I have used i. I've just been enjoying content for years and years.

There's still a few old timers around, but yeah, a lot of them moved on to mainstream sites, and become hopelessly boring, I'm sure. This place still has a human element, where not so many creative types fall through the cracks. Some dude even met his future wife here! And you've never gone to a meet, or met anyone associated with Newgrounds before?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 11:10:55

At 6/23/14 06:42 AM, NeoHartless wrote: Can anyone suggest me some good new flash series or game so I can catch up?

Sure dude. Here's two places for games to get started http://wiesi.newgrounds.com/games/ http://evil-dog.newgrounds.com/games/
Some decent movies http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/ngmoviejam1 and here's, well, sciencey mystical stuff http://jordand.newgrounds.com/movies/

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 18:19:43

Made me make an effort to go back and actually find the track that brought me to the site XD.
I'm pretty sure this track was included in some kinda minecraft video or something and I followed a link to the newgrounds page. It's also the track that made me start making music :).

Andersson187 - Supercheesy 8-bit

Tht track brings back so much nostalgia when I listen to it now XD. Might even start playing minecraft again X3

Just a random idiot

Response to Next Gen Talent & More Cool Stuff 2014-06-23 18:54:53

I got on here from popular people on Youtube like Stamper and Oney a few years back. It wasn't until recently when I finally made an account.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature