00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My new website design

712 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My new website design 2014-05-28 21:54:14

Wanting to get some feedback on this website design. The idea for this site has been swimming in my head for an sometime, highly detailed, robotic engine rocking clean blue panels. I think it's fantastic, but maybe I'm high on my own poo. Thoughts?
See a bigger image here: http://d-sun.deviantart.com/art/Sun-studios-design-mockup-2-457094688

My new website design

Response to My new website design 2014-05-29 04:50:39

At 5/28/14 09:54 PM, D-SuN wrote: Wanting to get some feedback on this website design. The idea for this site has been swimming in my head for an sometime, highly detailed, robotic engine rocking clean blue panels. I think it's fantastic, but maybe I'm high on my own poo. Thoughts?
See a bigger image here: http://d-sun.deviantart.com/art/Sun-studios-design-mockup-2-457094688

Now, Don't get me wrong it looks good.

But I'm not sure poor old Internet explore could handle that. (Before you ask I use Opera)
Or things with small monitors/screens like mobiles.

But forget those issues= I think it looks like a neat idea.

Response to My new website design 2014-05-29 05:20:07

Looks impressive. Is that just a mockup or can you directly impliment something like that straight to the page? My web design skills are non existent

Response to My new website design 2014-05-29 06:35:11

At 5/29/14 04:50 AM, TouchEverything wrote:
At 5/28/14 09:54 PM, D-SuN wrote: Wanting to get some feedback on this website design. The idea for this site has been swimming in my head for an sometime, highly detailed, robotic engine rocking clean blue panels. I think it's fantastic, but maybe I'm high on my own poo. Thoughts?
Now, Don't get me wrong it looks good.

But I'm not sure poor old Internet explore could handle that. (Before you ask I use Opera)
Or things with small monitors/screens like mobiles.

But forget those issues= I think it looks like a neat idea.

Good point, I'll have to test performance on all sorts of computers. I suppose I'll need to do a mobile version too, shouldn't be a problem though. Glad you you the artwork!

At 5/29/14 05:20 AM, Ocean wrote: Looks impressive. Is that just a mockup or can you directly impliment something like that straight to the page? My web design skills are non existent

It's just a mockup in photoshop atm. Once it's finalized I'll cut up the design into sections and save them out to png, which I later reference to when building the actual webpage in html.
But actually, I'm not sure how to approach converting this design to a webpage, it's going to be pretty complex.

At 5/29/14 05:07 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 5/29/14 04:50 AM, TouchEverything wrote: At 5/28/14 09:54 PM, D-SuN wrote:
But I'm not sure poor old Internet explore could handle that.
People still use Internet Explorer?

25% of earth does apparently...

Thanks for the feedback peeps :)

Response to My new website design 2014-05-29 10:19:52

At 5/29/14 06:35 AM, D-SuN wrote: Thanks for the feedback peeps :)

Woah, looks great. I love art like that. I kindof just got this image of like interactive menus, when you roll over them, some cogs move and the blue panel bits slide down.....but yeah, that'd be more of a flash project. Anyway, nice work, hope you manage to make it!

Response to My new website design 2014-05-29 11:54:56

The biggest problems about graphic-heavy websites are load time and responsiveness.

I imagine you'd have to do some serious redesigning if you want to support mobiles, tablets, and other small displays. You might also consider making it so that the boxes can change width if you need them to. That said, it depends what kind of content you're imagining in the columns so they might work perfectly fine either way.

BBS Signature

Response to My new website design 2014-05-31 07:19:54

maybe if you can add some more details on the side.