00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Spinnym just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Black teen shot for asking for help

6,499 Views | 118 Replies

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 21:50:01

At 11/7/13 09:46 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 09:17 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: At 11/7/13 08:03 PM, naronic wrote: Reading through this all you can find some interesting information, such as the fact that it took 4 days for this information to be investigated by authorities. Wherein her body had to be found on a 50 year old man's porch. And the gun in question was a shotgun wounding her in the head
Oh my fuck that's messed up. Didn't the lives of innocent teenagers used to mean something?

slight correction, we still don't know that information yet, that statement was from McBride family so I'll wait

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:07:16

ITT: A '13er begging for attention.

Guys, everyone is racist by their human nature, so stop debating like anyone is exempt.

I pray that the investigation goes smoothly, that His righteous justice is done and that the family and offender can find peace.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:21:57

At 11/7/13 09:46 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 09:17 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: I give Janet Mock, Amy Tan, Junot Diaz, and Alec Baldwin very much credence, and so do most people.
1) I have no idea how you're going to claim these people are all racists.
2) Even if they are, how exactly is a racist going to be objective about racism?

They all believe/d that people of color should approach white individuals as if that person holds negative preconceptions about people of color. In a pretentious, streamlined definition that perception constitutes 'racism.' I, personally, have no shame in saying that I am a racist because I automatically assume a white person holds racist prejudice against me. I conduct myself a certain way around white people so as to readily escape all the bullshit they've been told to expect of me, and I have all the historical and present day backing to justify doing so.

Oh my fuck that's messed up. Didn't the lives of innocent teenagers used to mean something?

Innocent, non-white teenagers? No. America has never given a fuck.

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:29:36

At 11/7/13 10:21 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Innocent, non-white teenagers? No. America has never given a fuck.

You're ridiculous. America's done some fucked up racist shit, don't get me wrong, but you are ridiculous. I hate how you trendy leftier-than-thou cunts have to hyperbolise real issues like this and stop any meaningful discussion happening. The amount of racism right now is fucked up and stupid, but you and the way you discuss this shit bring nothing to the table.

Please, go back to Tumblr.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:31:18

At 11/7/13 10:29 PM, AxTekk wrote: I hate how you trendy leftier-than-thou cunts have to hyperbolise real issues like this and stop any meaningful discussion happening.

The fuck has this got to do with leftism? lol

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:32:31

Why does it matter if she's black? Point is she was shot.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:34:54

At 11/7/13 10:31 PM, BumFodder wrote: The fuck has this got to do with leftism? lol

Sorry, I'm tired and grumpy. And also left wing actually, I just wish this could be about the fact an innocent teenager got shit and not about being politically edgy and shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:37:05

At 11/7/13 10:34 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 10:31 PM, BumFodder wrote: The fuck has this got to do with leftism? lol
Sorry, I'm tired and grumpy. And also left wing actually, I just wish this could be about the fact an innocent teenager got shit and not about being politically edgy and shit.

There will always be people who make a big deal out of stupid things, the more theyre ignored the more they will go away really. The news source and OP are being extremely sensationalist.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:40:31

At 11/7/13 10:37 PM, BumFodder wrote: There will always be people who make a big deal out of stupid things, the more theyre ignored the more they will go away really. The news source and OP are being extremely sensationalist.

I guess we'll have to wait for validation on a lot of this stuff. If it's half as messed as it seems though...

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:43:43

At 11/7/13 10:29 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 10:21 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Innocent, non-white teenagers? No. America has never given a fuck.
You're ridiculous. America's done some fucked up racist shit, don't get me wrong, but you are ridiculous. I hate how you trendy leftier-than-thou cunts have to hyperbolise real issues like this and stop any meaningful discussion happening. The amount of racism right now is fucked up and stupid, but you and the way you discuss this shit bring nothing to the table.

Please, go back to Tumblr.

We don't "hyperbolise" the fact that America cares about white life more than others. It's observable. Non-white people experience it every day, with things such as "missing white woman syndrome." We aren't the ones stopping meaningful discussions. It's people like you that seem to want to draw a line...You're always ready to admit that racism happens, just never to the extent that we fucking witness.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:48:01

At 11/7/13 10:43 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: We don't "hyperbolise" the fact that America cares about white life more than others.

I wouldn't even disagree with that. But you are hyperbolising this shit, making out like it doesn't shock you, like it isn't an exceptionally pointless waste of young life. It's all of those things, and your rhetoric doesn't do her death justice, it reduces her to a character in your story about your pain. It's self indulgent, victim mentality bullshit, so stop acting like you care about her.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 22:56:29

God bless the 2nd amendment!

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 23:03:36

At 11/7/13 10:48 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 10:43 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: We don't "hyperbolise" the fact that America cares about white life more than others.
I wouldn't even disagree with that. But you are hyperbolising this shit,

What am I hyperbolising?

so stop acting like you care about her.

I care about the condition of people of color in a country that perpetuates vigilance over them. Every single one of them. I don't have to approach this "just a teenager who lost their life." I'm not naive and myopic enough to ignore the actual problem: that people of color like her are considered threats white humanity. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you can fuck off.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 23:18:33

At 11/7/13 11:03 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: What am I hyperbolising?

Saying that "America has never given a fuck for non-white innocent teenagers" suggests that the entirety (or even the majority) of Americans won't feel sad that this woman was shot.

I guarantee you you'll see the opposite in the coming weeks.

I care about the condition of people of color in a country that perpetuates vigilance over them. Every single one of them. I don't have to approach this "just a teenager who lost their life." I'm not naive and myopic enough to ignore the actual problem: that people of color like her are considered threats white humanity. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you can fuck off.

When you reduce people down to the colour of their skin and their pains to your own political agenda I think you're little more than a self righteous prick, and certainly can't claim to care for them as people. You really aren't any better than the Islamist who sees the deaths of Afghan children as political opportunity or the right-winger who sees the same in black on white crime. Political compassion is bullshit, because suffering doesn't know sides. Suffering is just human.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 23:35:21

At 11/7/13 11:18 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 11:03 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: What am I hyperbolising?
Saying that "America has never given a fuck for non-white innocent teenagers" suggests that the entirety (or even the majority) of Americans won't feel sad that this woman was shot.

No suggestion. The vast majority of Americans are not saddened by a black woman being shot to death by a white man.

I can guarantee you will see the opposite in the coming weeks.

No, you will either see nothing at all, or massive deflection and justification for death like Trayvon Martin.

When you reduce people down to the colour of their skin and their pains to your own political agenda I think you're little more than a self righteous prick, and certainly can't claim to care for them as people. You really aren't any better than the Islamist who sees the deaths of Afghan children as political opportunity or the right-winger who sees the same in black on white crime. Political compassion is bullshit, because suffering doesn't know sides. Suffering is just human.

Not all struggles are the same. You need to grow up.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-07 23:53:37

At 11/7/13 09:19 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: and this matters why?

Come on, you know why he made this thread.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 00:56:25

At 11/7/13 08:40 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Are you...Implying that one can't be both racist and and want racial equality?

Are you really asking me to answer this? You support the idea that there are races inferior to others, but you are for racial equality? Retard

I knew you were ignorant, but...Jesus. I thought you were a political science major? Do you just read political science blogs?

Not major. Bachelor, and working on my master degree. And you don't need this kind of education to know that racism and race equality do not work hand-in-hand...

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 00:59:13

At 11/8/13 12:56 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/7/13 08:40 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Are you...Implying that one can't be both racist and and want racial equality?
Are you really asking me to answer this? You support the idea that there are races inferior to others, but you are for racial equality? Retard

I don't know, man...I think you're lying about being a whatever student if you think racism is limited to thinking there are races inferior to others...Or are you being purposefully obtuse?

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 01:29:37

At 11/8/13 12:59 AM, thatkidkenji wrote: I don't know, man...I think you're lying about being a whatever student if you think racism is limited to thinking there are races inferior to others...Or are you being purposefully obtuse?

Lol, you want my diploma? What does it matter anyway?

I've never said racism was JUST about races inferior to others, but it's a major componant, it's the core of racism. It can be more, but it cannot be less.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 02:26:11

At 11/8/13 01:49 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Americans today are too stupid for the second amendment.

Coming from the person with an Anarchy A as their picture? You're quite ignorant.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 02:54:00

At 11/8/13 01:49 AM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Americans today are too stupid for the second amendment.

Some of them I'm afraid are

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57611371-504083/renisha-mcbride-update-man-who-fatally-shot-detroit-teen-reportedly-tells-police-his-shotgun-fired-accidentally/
http://nation.time.com/2013/11/07/renisha-mcbride-shooting-was-accidental-homeowner-says/

New information is now reporting that:
"Michigan police say that the homeowner who allegedly shot an unarmed 19-year old girl in the face last Saturday claims his gun discharged accidentally.
Renisha McBride was shot in the face at 3:40 a.m. on Nov. 2 while asking for help after a car accident, the Detroit Free Press reports. “This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home,” chief detective Lt. James Serwatowski said. ”And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally.”
"

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 04:55:31

At 11/7/13 11:35 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: No, you will either see nothing at all, or massive deflection and justification for death like Trayvon Martin.

Proof will be in the pudding, but I highly doubt that.

No, but suffering is universal and it's stupid to immediately reduce it to politics. It debases the victims reducing them to whatever your own agenda is.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 05:31:53

At 11/8/13 01:29 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/8/13 12:59 AM, thatkidkenji wrote: I don't know, man...I think you're lying about being a whatever student if you think racism is limited to thinking there are races inferior to others...Or are you being purposefully obtuse?
Lol, you want my diploma? What does it matter anyway?

I've never said racism was JUST about races inferior to others, but it's a major componant, it's the core of racism. It can be more, but it cannot be less.

There are plenty of small business owners who hire their own ethnicity to work in their stores not because they think their kind is better but because they are simply more loyal to their people and culture. Racism is more complex than mere emotion.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 05:33:15

At 11/8/13 04:55 AM, AxTekk wrote:
At 11/7/13 11:35 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: No, you will either see nothing at all, or massive deflection and justification for death like Trayvon Martin.
Proof will be in the pudding, but I highly doubt that.

No, but suffering is universal and it's stupid to immediately reduce it to politics. It debases the victims reducing them to whatever your own agenda is.

Her death fits into a larger cultural issue in America. If the issue is to be fixed, or even addressed, it has to be "reduced to politics."

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 06:23:59

R.I.P Martin Trayvon.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 09:34:43

I'm an American I have firearms, I've been raised with them. You're pointing out the small small percentage of idiots with them. It's like saying they should ban alcohol and cars because of drunk drivers.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 09:44:10

At 11/8/13 09:39 AM, 24901miles wrote: I'm pretty sure nobody in the entire thread has brought up Gun Control or Banning Firearms. Not even in a subtle remark.

He was talking about what IdiLogicSavant said.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 10:56:23

At 11/7/13 09:19 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: and this matters why?

Someone died, how does that not matter?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-08 11:26:45

At 11/7/13 08:12 PM, Natick wrote:
At 11/7/13 08:08 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Actually...You might not live in the USA. But feel free to insert whatever equally dangerously racist place you DO live in.
you do realize the massive hypocrisy in your own posts, right?

You do realize that the OP is an alt of Sehkem?

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 16:51:26

What was the race of the killer?

Why is her being black important?