00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zombieplush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TV series you're currently watching

58,402 Views | 682 Replies

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-23 17:51:07

At 9/23/13 04:43 PM, Otto wrote:
At 8/7/13 11:48 AM, Jester wrote: I've been going through Dexter and Hannibal this summer; they're pretty great. Breaking Bad will be back on in a few days so I may have to divert attention in favor of it.
Sorry but Dexter doesn't get better again.

Yeah it looks that way. I'm finishing season 7 now and season 4 is the best by far.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-24 17:06:57

You know what I like about Sleepy Hollow.

See that demon?

It looks like a demon!

Suck on that, Supernatural.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-24 17:09:40

I just finished 2 seasons of Wilfred.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-26 17:16:57

Well I guess I am not going to watch Marvel Agents of Shield.

Also going to watch How I met your Mother Season 9

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-26 21:45:29

At 9/14/13 12:09 AM, WaffleVoyager wrote: Then probably nothing until November.

What's in November?

At 9/19/13 07:21 PM, NewShape wrote: Callisto is hot.

Watch for the plot, amirite?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 00:53:49

Dexter one of the greatest shows I've ever seen and NO I haven't seen ANY of season 8 so I don't wanna hear it.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 01:57:05

At 9/27/13 12:53 AM, II2none wrote: Dexter one of the greatest shows I've ever seen and NO I haven't seen ANY of season 8 so I don't wanna hear it.

It was a stupid show with a stupid premise and Angel reminds me of the guy who sang Mambo No. 5.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 02:09:38

At 9/27/13 01:57 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 9/27/13 12:53 AM, II2none wrote: Dexter one of the greatest shows I've ever seen and NO I haven't seen ANY of season 8 so I don't wanna hear it.
It was a stupid show with a stupid premise and Angel reminds me of the guy who sang Mambo No. 5.

A show that's able to make me relate to a cheer for a psychopath is hardly stupid. This show is up there with walking dead.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 12:48:54

Ghost Whisperer

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 12:54:42

I've been watching a lot of Avatar lately, but I'm waiting for more Gravity Falls...

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 15:44:24

At 9/27/13 02:09 AM, II2none wrote: A show that's able to make me relate to a cheer for a psychopath is hardly stupid.

It's really easy (and yeah, pretty damn stupid) to accomplish that when the show quickly gives up on actually making that psychopath a psychopath. There are no gray areas with Dexter, the show plainly positions him as a bright white hero, incapable of making mistakes and safe from ever having to deal with any negative consequences of his actions, because Dexter is the center of the show's universe and everyone and everything will always accommodate him. "Cheering" for him isn't complicated like it is with a Tony Soprano or Walter White. He's just your friendly neighborhood serial killer.

And if nothing else the show clearly thinks its own viewers are idiots, given how it feels the need to repeat every plot point and every thought that goes through Dexter's head at least three times in a row, with Dexter's voiceover --> Ghost Dad --> Dexter responding to Ghost Dad.

This show is up there with walking dead.

Okay, so I guess you have a thing for grim, shallow horror shows that use gratuitous violence and gore to drum up the interest they fail to achieve with flat, dull characters and plots driven entirely by those characters repeatedly making the same ridiculously implausible decisions. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with dumb fun (and at their heights Dexter and TWD accomplish that at the very least), but let's at least be honest about what it is.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 16:21:36

hands up if you think homeland is grossly overrated

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 17:03:48

At 9/27/13 04:58 PM, VinnyXY wrote: Through the Wormhole.

Call me a nerd, but I'm a science enthusiast.

NERD!

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 21:25:26

At 9/27/13 03:44 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 9/27/13 02:09 AM, II2none wrote: A show that's able to make me relate to a cheer for a psychopath is hardly stupid.
It's really easy (and yeah, pretty damn stupid) to accomplish that when the show quickly gives up on actually making that psychopath a psychopath. There are no gray areas with Dexter, the show plainly positions him as a bright white hero, incapable of making mistakes and safe from ever having to deal with any negative consequences of his actions, because Dexter is the center of the show's universe and everyone and everything will always accommodate him. "Cheering" for him isn't complicated like it is with a Tony Soprano or Walter White. He's just your friendly neighborhood serial killer.

Heroes don't need to kill to keep their crazy in check. Its pretty clear he's flawed considering he got too close to trinity and Rita ends up dead. On a regular he has internal struggle with right vs unleashing his dark passenger one of his many habits that makes him interesting. And in a show named after the main character its probably a safe bet he'll be the focal point. Otherwise we might as well be watching CSI.

And if nothing else the show clearly thinks its own viewers are idiots, given how it feels the need to repeat every plot point and every thought that goes through Dexter's head at least three times in a row, with Dexter's voiceover --> Ghost Dad --> Dexter responding to Ghost Dad.

I love the ghost dad bits he has some very intense debates with himself.

This show is up there with walking dead.
Okay, so I guess you have a thing for grim, shallow horror shows that use gratuitous violence and gore to drum up the interest they fail to achieve with flat, dull characters and plots driven entirely by those characters repeatedly making the same ridiculously implausible decisions. That's fine, there's nothing wrong with dumb fun (and at their heights Dexter and TWD accomplish that at the very least), but let's at least be honest about what it is.

The only I can honestly say is that you're taking tv too seriously. If you're just throwing your two cents cool.But you'll be here a lifetime over trying to change my outlook on these shows. That's just how opinions go.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2013-09-27 21:32:06

over the last couple of weeks i just finished rewatching the entire 6 seasons of the old prison drama called 'Oz' fantastic show, very gritty and full of cameos from alot of very recognisable faces

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-03 16:05:10

At 9/3/14 02:41 PM, SentForMe wrote: This is a pretty dead time

Not so much for me. New Doctor Who and Hell on Wheels are airing and I dunno yet if they're good, but Intruders and the Strain have caught my eye. And Gurren Lagann just started while Attack on Titan and Space Dandy are still going. I've got catching up to do, and I still didn't finish the recent season of Korra. And as always, there's the Daily Show, Colbert Report, Conan and @Midnight four nights a week along with the Soup once a week.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-03 23:46:45

Hmm.. Legend of Korra's just released it's last episode...
Time to binge watch it. :3
Also, I've been watching the new Whose Line! Still pretty funny, but I miss Drew..

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-03 23:51:49

Right now I'm rewatching every x-files episode, along with that I'm on the first season of louie.

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-04 00:07:16

At 9/3/14 11:46 PM, 123mine123 wrote: Hmm.. Legend of Korra's just released it's last episode...
Time to binge watch it. :3
Also, I've been watching the new Whose Line! Still pretty funny, but I miss Drew..

I miss Tony Slattery and Stephen Frost.

Also, I didn't realize they came back again this year. Too bad I missed it. Last I saw was from fall last year.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-04 04:34:56

I was digging the hell out of the NDTyson Cosmos series.
I've been keeping up with Hell on Wheels, The Strain, Face/Off, American Ninja Warrior...can't wait for Grimm to start back up again. I catch the Daily Show + Colbert Report as often as I can, but I've been slacking with that lately. I look forward to South Park's return. And my Dad and I like to make fun of the production of America's Got Talent while enjoying some of the talented acts.

I miss Fargo, but damn was it good...not sure how I feel about them continuing it after that ending.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-04 06:07:49

Been following the new Outlander series. My mom has read the book and has bugged me about reading them too, so I guess is kind of a middle ground.

So far it's actually pretty good. The acting is solid and they've really captured the spirit of 18th century Scotland pretty well. If the first season turns out to be great I might reconsider reading the books, and then me and my mom can be nerdy together.

Also I finished watching the thirds season of Legend of Korra (WARNING MIGHT BE SPOILERS I DUNNO) and I think that so far this season has been the best. The plot was solid, Korra didn't go back in her development again like she did in the start of the second season.

The main villain was intriguing, although the rest of them were kind of undeveloped and had barley no other characteristic beyond their special powers, and the romance between the main baddy and that fire bending chick was kind of dropped and picked in the last second just so that we know it's a big deal for him when she ultimately is axed off in what admittedly was in very awesome and brutal way. But still they were cool and the main guy is at the end of the day supposed to be the one that should get the most development and he did get that.

Also FUCKING consequences! I love it that when they defeated the bad guys everything didn't just go back to the status quo. Shit is still fucked up. The Earth kingdom is in chaos and I suspect in the next season there will be a civil war sub-plot of some kind. And Korra lost the ability to walk and is all broken and shit, both physically and mentally! Sure she is going to get better but that's not the point of it. The point was that the theme of all the seasons in the series was that the main bad guys all in some way opposed the need of an avatar, and in the end when the air-benders declare themselves the name guardians of natural balance while Korra is recovering it hits Korra hard to all the bad guys were right. There is now need for the Avatar anymore. Which is why she cries at the end.

Sorry for my Korra rambling.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-04 06:10:17

The Following starring Kevin Bacon

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-04 07:53:02

Friends
Sons of Anarchy
The Mentalist
New Girl
Dexter
And some invastigation-series.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 12:03:01

doctor who i guess, game of thrones and walking dead isnt back on yet so might a swell watch

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 14:19:26

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 16:47:51

At 9/17/14 11:59 AM, SentForMe wrote: The first episode of the new season of New Girl came out yesterday. What did you think of it?

Haven't seen it yet.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 17:12:04

At 9/17/14 11:59 AM, SentForMe wrote: The first episode of the new season of New Girl came out yesterday. What did you think of it?

Watched it now, thought it was good.

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 17:46:24

As I make this post I am watching Futurama.

As for TV shows I watch, I'm excited for the new season of Sleepy Hollow, as well as the premiere of Gotham, on Monday, as well as the new season of Castle a week later.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-17 19:45:56

At 9/13/13 12:56 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Fringe and Copper
Copper

WHYYYYY?!

Damn you, BBC America!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to TV series you're currently watching 2014-09-22 04:22:02

Breaking Bad. Fuckin' love it.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature