00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

62,874 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 21:45:03

At 12/2/14 09:42 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Anybody wanna 1vs1 my NNID is StrapOnFetus send me a pm saying your from newgrounds and ill add you

Any ruleset you want to agree on? Perhaps the usual For Glory type rules?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 21:47:39

At 12/2/14 09:45 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 12/2/14 09:42 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Anybody wanna 1vs1 my NNID is StrapOnFetus send me a pm saying your from newgrounds and ill add you
Any ruleset you want to agree on? Perhaps the usual For Glory type rules?

I go for glory

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 00:10:16

At 12/2/14 09:47 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: I go for glory

You should always play for glory. Nobody wants to play to lose.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 12:47:15

At 12/3/14 12:10 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

If anybody mains captain falcon ill throw my controller against the screen

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 13:18:54

At 12/2/14 05:03 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: What are everyone's opinions on the clone characters, since it's a divisive issue.

Eh, I dont really care one way or another. Sure i'd be nice to have characters with original movesets, but if it means having a smaller roster, then clone characters are just fine with me.

At 12/2/14 06:21 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: Clone characters should have been skins. End of story. Even with different small variations, Project M nailed it.

You seriously need to stop harping on Project M. If you dont like the new smash bros, then stop commenting about it in this thread.

At 12/2/14 09:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: And can I just bring up the Ridley debate for a bit? A few main points:
1. He can be literally and size they want him to be. The best example are Bowser and Olimar, Bowser changes in size like no one's business, and Olimar should be the size of the penny when compared to other characters.

Bowser really isnt THAT much bigger than mario, youre making it sound like he's miles above mario, when really its more like several feet or so. As for Olimar, well, he has to be the one exception, otherwise he wouldnt be a character in the game.

but I find it ridiculous that size is the main argument against him.

Its really not that ridiculous. I mean, look at how ridley was portrayed in Brawl. He was a boss in that game too, and for good reason. In the games, Ridley is at least 2-3 times the size of Samus, if not bigger. And yes, I know youre gonna say that they could just resize him, but it wouldnt be realistic if they made him only slightly bigger than Samus for Smash. I mean, they need to keep at least somewhat psudeo-realistic, otherwise even fans of Ridley would just be disappointed. I mean think about it, do you really wanna see a tiny version of Ridley that doesnt really do him justice? I think having him as a stage boss is a perfect fit for him.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 15:20:59

What is a good character to counter captain falcon

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 16:07:06

At 12/3/14 03:20 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: What is a good character to counter captain falcon

Zero Suit Samus is pretty damn good if you know what you're doing, Palutena as well and basically anyone who is good at punishing and keeping their distance.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 17:21:31

At 12/3/14 01:18 PM, Lionelion wrote: I mean, they need to keep at least somewhat psudeo-realistic, otherwise even fans of Ridley would just be disappointed. I mean think about it, do you really wanna see a tiny version of Ridley that doesnt really do him justice? I think having him as a stage boss is a perfect fit for him.

I know exactly where you're coming from, but I'd still enjoy it. Ridley was Samus height in the original, so there's always hope. Speaking of which though, let's talk about stage bosses, meaning Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face.

Not really a fan. They are cool in concept, giving the player who kills them an advantage (an explosion, a kill, etc...), but they are just way too obtrusive, even by stage hazard standards. The yellow devil is the worst, as his stage is too small and he appears way to frequently. Even just making it so his teleport does no damage would make it a bit better. Metal Face works pretty well, I feel like his stage is actually designed around his appearance, and Ridley kind of works. He stays around for a bit too long I'd say.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 17:34:33

At 12/3/14 05:21 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 12/3/14 01:18 PM, Lionelion wrote:

In summary

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-03 20:27:09

Speaking of which though, let's talk about stage bosses, meaning Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face.

I think its cool that whoever does enough damage to Ridley/Metal Face gets them on their side, earning them a gigantic advantage, even if just for a short time. Sometimes its fun to just sit back and watch everyone else rage over getting killed by Meta Ridley while you do nothing but taunt. Theyre a stage hazard that can come to work in 1 person's favor, though with Metal Face, even after you do enough damage, and your marker appears over his head, he just immediately falls to the depths, so its pretty useless(at least, this is whats happened whenever ive beat him up).
As for Yellow Devil, as soon as he is defeated, he just explodes, and whoever got the last hit on him is unaffected by the explosion. I think this actually makes more sense for this boss, as it'd be a bit weird if he kept attacking after you "killed" him, but I may just be thinking that cuz ive played the megaman games.
All in all though, I think stage bosses are a cool new type of stage hazard, and it'd be cool to see more stage bosses in future installments.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-04 19:49:50

Picked up a WiiU bundle because I was playing with my brother over Thanksgiving. There's probably at least a decent amount of nostalgia-vision going on, but I'm having a blast with the game. Nintendo really needs toget their shit together with online modes though. For a game that's all about modes to master and doo-dads to collect it's baffling that there's no sort of progression or ranking system for the online modes and no way to play any other modes like Smash Tour.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-04 19:56:03

Anyone else think intensity 9.0 is just plain cheap? It's not impossible to beat, it's simple to do, but the moves the pull and the way they behave is absolutely cheap. Also, classic mode sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-04 22:31:11

At 12/4/14 07:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Anyone else think intensity 9.0 is just plain cheap? It's not impossible to beat, it's simple to do, but the moves the pull and the way they behave is absolutely cheap. Also, classic mode sucks.

By far my biggest complaint about how the difficulty works is that is constantly moves you down by 0.5 every time you die. It makes sense to reduce your score by quite a bit, which is good, and losing rewards makes sense, but reducing the difficulty is just plain idiotic. I want to practice at a certain difficulty level. I'm not going to get better at harder difficulties by beating lower ones, I want to keep retrying until I grind my way through. The lack of continues for All star is frustrating as well, because I find my most common deaths in each mode are due to stupid mistakes like a missed side special or me accidentally performing an up attack and not an up special.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-05 10:54:25

At 12/4/14 07:49 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Picked up a WiiU bundle because I was playing with my brother over Thanksgiving. There's probably at least a decent amount of nostalgia-vision going on, but I'm having a blast with the game.

The Wii U is a fun console, but has many haters and bad press.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-05 15:47:08

At 12/4/14 10:31 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 12/4/14 07:56 PM, darkjam wrote: Anyone else think intensity 9.0 is just plain cheap? It's not impossible to beat, it's simple to do, but the moves the pull and the way they behave is absolutely cheap. Also, classic mode sucks.
By far my biggest complaint about how the difficulty works is that is constantly moves you down by 0.5 every time you die. It makes sense to reduce your score by quite a bit, which is good, and losing rewards makes sense, but reducing the difficulty is just plain idiotic. I want to practice at a certain difficulty level. I'm not going to get better at harder difficulties by beating lower ones, I want to keep retrying until I grind my way through.

I'd normally be okay with them lowering the difficulty, cause it kinda makes sense; you lost on this difficulty, perhaps you can win on this lower difficulty? The only problem I have is 9.0 difficulty, ONLY BECAUSE thats the only difficulty that Master Fortress appears on. If he appeared on 8.5 difficulty and up, i'd be perfectly okay, because then if I lose against it, i'll have one more shot before I'd have to reset, but no. If I lose against it, I have to fucking restart all over again. For me, the only hard part of 9.0 is Master Fortress, mainly because ive memorized all of the attacks of the other master core forms, and know exactly when to dodge or shield or whatever, because their patterns havent changed from the 3DS version. Its just unfair that Master Fortress only appears on 9.0 and you only get one shot at it before you're forced to restart.
Also, classic mode is extraordinarily easier on single player than it is doing co-op, oh my god. Even paired up with a friend that is as good as I am, going on 9.0, we cant make it to the Master Fortress form, its insane. The difficulty ramp up for co-op makes sense since there are 2 of you, but it doesnt need to be ramped up THAT much.

At 12/5/14 03:47 PM, Lionelion wrote:
Its just unfair that Master Fortress only appears on 9.0 and you only get one shot at it before you're forced to restart.

okay so im an idiot. Apparently master fortress appears on 8.0 and above if youre doing solo. I think he only appears on 9.0 if youre doing co-op though, because I was doing that with a friend, we lost, decided to continue at 8.5, and it didnt appear the second time.
I can still see where Bobbybroccoli is coming from though

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-05 19:56:42

At 12/5/14 06:51 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 12/5/14 03:47 PM, Lionelion wrote:
Its just unfair that Master Fortress only appears on 9.0 and you only get one shot at it before you're forced to restart.
okay so im an idiot. Apparently master fortress appears on 8.0 and above if youre doing solo. I think he only appears on 9.0 if youre doing co-op though, because I was doing that with a friend, we lost, decided to continue at 8.5, and it didnt appear the second time.
I can still see where Bobbybroccoli is coming from though

I don't remember it appearing in Co-op at all. In fact I think Sakurai specifically stated it didn't appear in co-op mode.

By the way has anyone managed to do the 9.0 with no deaths challenge yet? I managed to get close several times only to fail on fighting mii team or the boss it's self but I finally managed to get it done with Samus. I'm only 9 challenges away from completing the board now and only used 1 hammer so far because I couldn't be bothered to do All star mode on hard with every character. I might use the last 4 hammers whenever I get that close to finishing it but for now I'm keeping the hammers in my pocket.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-05 21:39:38

At 12/3/14 01:18 PM, Lionelion wrote: I mean, they need to keep at least somewhat psudeo-realistic, otherwise even fans of Ridley would just be disappointed. I mean think about it, do you really wanna see a tiny version of Ridley that doesnt really do him justice? I think having him as a stage boss is a perfect fit for him.
Speaking of which though, let's talk about stage bosses, meaning Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face.

I only have the 3DS version, but I can't be the only one who finds Yellow Devil really annoying, right? He gets in the way of the battle way too often and you have to hit him in a precise way multiple times to trigger an explosion which can very easily be avoided. Just keep boss characters off of the stages, or at least, that's what I think.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-05 21:47:08

At 12/4/14 10:31 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
By far my biggest complaint about how the difficulty works is that is constantly moves you down by 0.5 every time you die. It makes sense to reduce your score by quite a bit, which is good, and losing rewards makes sense, but reducing the difficulty is just plain idiotic. I want to practice at a certain difficulty level. I'm not going to get better at harder difficulties by beating lower ones, I want to keep retrying until I grind my way through. The lack of continues for All star is frustrating as well, because I find my most common deaths in each mode are due to stupid mistakes like a missed side special or me accidentally performing an up attack and not an up special.

For what was said about Classic, I think that having an insane difficulty is fine so long as it's clear that when you die, it's your own fault. It's at least better than the Classic mode in Brawl, which was just tedious, the All-Star in Brawl, which was just tedious, and the Story Mode in Brawl, which was just tedious. As for the All-Star Mode in the new Smash Bros, I have to agree, at least on the 3DS version. Even on Hard, the A.I. is really stupid and your attacks not only do double damage but also launch enemies a lot easier. Whereas with Classic, I completed it with most of the roster, All-Star Mode has been finished only 3 or 4 times. I just don't want to play it half the time because most of the times I die, which is a lot, it's because I overshot an attack and sent myself flying off the stage.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-06 16:26:54

Any of you kidz wanna get messed up for glory style? (except with actual stages that have platforms)

Wii u version is so much more smooth than the 3ds version

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-06 19:07:01

At 12/6/14 04:26 PM, Bstuk2 wrote: Any of you kidz wanna get messed up for glory style? (except with actual stages that have platforms)

Wii u version is so much more smooth than the 3ds version

My nnid is the same as my username, add me and we will 1vs1. I have a room setup actually if anyone wants to hop in real quick

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-06 19:16:46

I muscled my way through all star on hard with Bowser. I definitely see why heavier characters are preferred in the single player modes. If anyone is trying to unlock all of a characters special moves, I recommend playing as that character on hard all star. You get to keep all your rewards if you die, and you earn between one two pieces of equipment per round, many of them being special moves. I fully unlocked Bowser's by doing just that.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-06 20:35:19

God Darn It All!! One more reason to hate this game. Since I was being scolded so much for liking PM and Melee better. I decided to give this game another try and my control stick broke!!! Granted they are like 5 bucks to buy a new part but I am scared I will wreck it if I try to open it. Better wait til the New 3DS come out so I can use the c stick.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-07 18:37:26

At 12/6/14 07:16 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I muscled my way through all star on hard with Bowser.

Personally, I think hard all star is a lot easier than 9.0 classic, but maybe that's just me. I'm currently trying the challenge of completing all star without using healing items, and its damn hard, even on easy mode

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-10 21:19:03

At 12/7/14 06:37 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 12/6/14 07:16 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I muscled my way through all star on hard with Bowser.
Personally, I think hard all star is a lot easier than 9.0 classic, but maybe that's just me. I'm currently trying the challenge of completing all star without using healing items, and its damn hard, even on easy mode

I can never afford 9.0 classic.

:'(

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-15 16:53:49

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-17 12:15:58

Finally picked up the game two days ago when I bought my Wii U. I've already unlocked all of the characters and stages, which felt a little underwhelming since it took me a heck of a lot longer to do so in Brawl and Melee. The game is fun as Hell, though, and I love playing as Little Mac and Duck Hunt. Only issue is that I'm still not comfortable playing with the Wii U gamepad as it still feels like a clunky way to play games like this. The thing feels huge in my hands. Hopefully Nintendo restocks the Gamecube controller adapters for the Wii U soon and I can master the game with my trust GCN controller I've had since 2002...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-17 19:11:28

OK, so I'm gonna be free for the next two weeks, anyone care to play some smash anytime soon?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-25 20:46:36

Sooo anybody wanna play some smash then or what?

relevant picture

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-27 00:41:24

At 12/25/14 08:46 PM, darkjam wrote: Sooo anybody wanna play some smash then or what?
relevant picture

I'll take you on. My Nintendo ID is PuddinN64.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature