00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

63,082 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 08:40:52

Been playing the game for like 20 hours straight now, and I love it. Duck Hunt Duo is probably the best addition to the roster!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 08:43:16

At 11/29/14 06:34 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: Combos are almost non existant in Brawl.

lol I don't know how you play but in Brawl combos are easy as hell to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 11:22:33

At 11/30/14 08:43 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/29/14 06:34 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: Combos are almost non existant in Brawl.
lol I don't know how you play but in Brawl combos are easy as hell to do.

Give me an example.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 12:20:12

At 11/29/14 10:26 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: But NOT AS CRAZY AS MELEE AND PROJECT M! Those get a lot more attention.

To be honest I always thought the physics exploits were kinda ridiculous, just like flame-hopping in Mario Kart 8. I'm glad SSB4 doesn't have them.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 18:16:25

At 11/29/14 10:26 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: we will play true smash once again.

Wow. Fucking hilarious. "True smash"? Im laughing so hard I cant even reply properly xD. Youre not serious right? Someone tell me he isnt serious cuz thats just god damned funny right there

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 20:21:50

At 11/30/14 06:16 PM, Lionelion wrote: Wow. Fucking hilarious. "True smash"? Im laughing so hard I cant even reply properly xD. Youre not serious right? Someone tell me he isnt serious cuz thats just god damned funny right there

Sadly he probably is serious. Melee was an amazing game and in some respects better than Brawl. The tournament scene is what ruins this series though. You don't need to know the age of bitching about Super Smash Bros. Brawl vs. Super Smash Bros. Melee. It was childish then and it will be childish now.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 20:41:13

I come from being a regular on smashboards so the vibe is a lot different here. Seems like everyone here loves the simpleness of SSB4 and Brawl. But on smashboards project m and melee are more prefered. Sure there are some brawl tournaments here and there, but not that many. Everyone is loving SSB4 because it is new. Just like Brawl was back in the day. But I got bored right away, i am just patiently waiting for another mod for it like project M. Then I will feel more at home.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 20:41:30

At 11/30/14 06:16 PM, Lionelion wrote:
Wow. Fucking hilarious. "True smash"? Im laughing so hard I cant even reply properly xD. Youre not serious right? Someone tell me he isnt serious cuz thats just god damned funny right there

Melee fans can be pretty ridiculous sometimes. To them if it isn't EXACTLY like melee then the game is trash.

I for one say if you can't adapt to a new playstyle then just stick to the old games or just stop being a fan of the series altogether because they make the real fans look bad.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 20:45:20

At 11/30/14 08:41 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 11/30/14 06:16 PM, Lionelion wrote:
Melee fans can be pretty ridiculous sometimes. To them if it isn't EXACTLY like melee then the game is trash.

I for one say if you can't adapt to a new playstyle then just stick to the old games or just stop being a fan of the series altogether because they make the real fans look bad.

I love smash bros whether it has melee mechanics or not. For fun I will play any smash any day. To whoop your butt in a money match. I will play you in Melee or PM.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 21:11:31

At 11/30/14 08:41 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:

Finally, someone speaking the truth, especially about that "real fans" bit

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-11-30 23:55:05

Anyway, let's talk about character picks. Who do you like to play as, and who do you think is really good, meaning who would you play as in a tournament?

I absolutely love R.O.B in this game, he no longer feels like a joke character, and someone I can play as legitimately. His final Smash is much improved, his spin has much more forward and backward control, and his laser charges much faster now. Sheik seems really fast and effective to me, but I need to practice more as her. I like Dark Pit, but I can never make good use of his reflectors. Lucario is good, his moves can feel a bit too slow though. I want to practice with Dedede just because he's hilarious.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 00:56:44

At 11/30/14 11:55 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Anyway, let's talk about character picks. Who do you like to play as, and who do you think is really good, meaning who would you play as in a tournament?

I absolutely love R.O.B in this game, he no longer feels like a joke character, and someone I can play as legitimately. His final Smash is much improved, his spin has much more forward and backward control, and his laser charges much faster now. Sheik seems really fast and effective to me, but I need to practice more as her. I like Dark Pit, but I can never make good use of his reflectors. Lucario is good, his moves can feel a bit too slow though. I want to practice with Dedede just because he's hilarious.

I use Marth and Lucina as kind of go to characters but I'm not really sure if they are my best. I'd say Shulk and Yoshi are right up there with them for myself. Yoshi really feels a lot better in this game though because I never liked him in the previous 3 games but this game he feels really good to use. I'd say Link is another character I go to a lot but I'm not as comfortable with him as I am the other 4.

At 11/29/14 12:53 AM, RPGfan2005 wrote: Examples? You mean like provide why SSB4 is like Brawl? *clears throat* No Wavedashing, No L Canceling, No Ledge Cancelling. It is slow as heck (not as slow as Brawl, but slower than Melee), Still missing Young Link and Roy from the roster, and special skins.

man, what are you talking about? Roy IS in the game!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 06:58:43

At 11/30/14 11:55 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Anyway, let's talk about character picks. Who do you like to play as, and who do you think is really good, meaning who would you play as in a tournament?

At first I was dead set on Palutena but quickly found out that I don't like her special moveset all that much because it lacks offense. Tried out Bowser Jr. after that and loved him ever since. He has everything I've been looking for in a character: Decent speed, universally useful special moveset, annoying and powerful projectiles and mindgames. Dedede is my second favorite but too sluggish sometimes (and I also tend to hit his slow side smash alot by accident..). I rather prefer to spew mechakoopas and cannonballs all over the place and attack amidst the chaos.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 16:12:25

At 11/30/14 11:22 AM, RPGfan2005 wrote: Give me an example.

Look it up, type in "SSBB combos" on youtube, not exactly impossible.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 16:15:43

Duck Hunt Duo is a beast, fuck anyone who complained about their addition, if you know how to deal the pressure, you can basically toss your opponent across the whole stage. ZSS has had some great buffs, as has Diddy Kong, Little Mac is fun to play from time to time, and Shulk is pretty damn beast once you get used to him but I just can't get over how amazing Duck Hunt Duo is, have you guys seen him in action?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 16:47:47

At 12/1/14 04:15 PM, darkjam wrote:
but I just can't get over how amazing Duck Hunt Duo is, have you guys seen him in action?

Yes, best projectiles in the game imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 17:09:59

Well my mains havent really changed much. I still play best with Kirby, with Lucario being my second best. After those 2, im good with Falco and Sheik, and then pretty good with Game & Watch and Samus. I wanna be better with Pac-man and Duck Hunt, but im just not there yet. I can play them as well as I can play any character, but theyre just so novelty-istic that I just feel like I need to be good with them, or at least above average. Same goes for Megaman, though I feel like his moveset is a lot harder to get used to.
I dont think i'll ever get used to Villager though. His moveset is just way too different from normal, at least for me.

As an additional question to raise, has anyone liked playing with alternate movesets? I usually keep the standard moveset for everyone, but every now and then I like to change them up a bit to better suit my likings

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 17:36:22

At 12/1/14 04:12 PM, darkjam wrote:

All you'll see there are just videos on follow ups, strings, and the opponent getting read completely, not actual combos.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-01 18:33:08

At 12/1/14 05:36 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
All you'll see there are just videos on follow ups, strings, and the opponent getting read completely, not actual combos.

Verycoolguy is very cool

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 16:32:44

Look harder, but that isn't the point anyway, the point is, Brawl can have combos, and it's not exactly impossible.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 16:38:57

At 12/1/14 05:09 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 11/30/14 11:55 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
As an additional question to raise, has anyone liked playing with alternate movesets? I usually keep the standard moveset for everyone, but every now and then I like to change them up a bit to better suit my likings

I was really hoping for different costumes for all characters, but the ones that have them are pretty cool. Also, Mario, an Italian plumber, has an American Flag costume?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 17:03:38

What are everyone's opinions on the clone characters, since it's a divisive issue. I'm referring specifically to Dr Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit, but this can include Ganondorf, Falco, or whoever. A lot of people are complaining that those characters got in instead of new original characters, but that isn't really true.

Clone characters take a lot less time to develop, so making some art and move set modifications expand the roster and give fans of certain series some cool characters. Personally I prefer all three of the aforementioned clones to their original forms because they feel much stronger in terms of damage output. Thoughts?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 17:03:43

At 12/2/14 04:32 PM, darkjam wrote: Look harder, but that isn't the point anyway, the point is, Brawl can have combos, and it's not exactly impossible.

If you're going to give lazy answers and someone says they can't find any, then the burden of proof lies upon you. Even then, Brawl's combos are mainly limited to chaingrabs, Diddy's bananas, Metaknight's upper aerial, and situational low percentage chains. Unless Jab>Jab>Jab is also part of "Brawl's easy as hell combos", it's a very small list. Even standard jab combos are very escapable. Brawl is mainly a game of knowing your options at all times, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 17:11:26

At 12/2/14 05:03 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: What are everyone's opinions on the clone characters, since it's a divisive issue. I'm referring specifically to Dr Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit, but this can include Ganondorf, Falco, or whoever. A lot of people are complaining that those characters got in instead of new original characters, but that isn't really true.

I don't hold any grudge for those clones holding spots for original characters for the same reason you said. But I do somewhat feel they take spots of other clones. Mainly missing Lucas and Wolf who have played very differently from the characters they are cloned from, and also look different. Lucina and Dark Pit are almost completely identical to the characters they copy, and look like just palette swaps (with longer hair for Lucina). Dr. Mario does play very different to Mario, and many have missed him in Brawl from Melee, so I don't really mind his presence.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 18:13:10

At 12/2/14 05:03 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Unless Jab>Jab>Jab

I don't really think anyone considers that as a combo if I'm being honest, in any of the installments.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 18:14:35

At 12/2/14 04:32 PM, darkjam wrote:

Look harder, but that isn't the point anyway, the point is, Brawl can have combos, and it's not exactly impossible.

Pretty much why I said "almost nonexistent" in brawl. There's some. Not that many. Same goes with SSB4. There's more combos than in Brawl but it is pretty much a game of trading blows and see who makes the last mistake.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 18:21:10

At 12/2/14 05:03 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: What are everyone's opinions on the clone characters, since it's a divisive issue. I'm referring specifically to Dr Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit, but this can include Ganondorf, Falco, or whoever. A lot of people are complaining that those characters got in instead of new original characters, but that isn't really true.

Clone characters take a lot less time to develop, so making some art and move set modifications expand the roster and give fans of certain series some cool characters. Personally I prefer all three of the aforementioned clones to their original forms because they feel much stronger in terms of damage output. Thoughts?

Clone characters should have been skins. End of story. Even with different small variations, Project M nailed it. They keep Dr. Mario's pills and fsmash with electricity as a skin for regular Mario, and I was playing as Lucina in PM even before SSB4 as a Marth skin. So leaving the slots open for other characters would have been the logical thing to do. I am not sure if Sakurai thought that by adding more clone character slots would appeal more to Melee fans.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 21:04:13

At 12/2/14 06:21 PM, RPGfan2005 wrote: So leaving the slots open for other characters would have been the logical thing to do.

I'm not sure that you know how game development works. They don't have a set number of boxes they can fill, they could add as many characters as they want, evidenced by the fact that Mewtwo is being developed. Time constraints mean entirely new characters can't actually be made, so clones can add some fanservice.

And can I just bring up the Ridley debate for a bit? A few main points:
1. He can be literally and size they want him to be. The best example are Bowser and Olimar, Bowser changes in size like no one's business, and Olimar should be the size of the penny when compared to other characters.
2. That's it. You can literally make up any moveset for anyone, a good example being Captain Falcon in the original Smash. Being a stage boss, he basically got a moveset, including a final Smash.

Sakurai had an interview way back in Nintendo Power after Brawl had come out, and he actually got asked about Ridley. He said it would be a bit tricky, but they could pull it off if they tried. Obviously they didn't feel it like it and made him a stage boss, but I find it ridiculous that size is the main argument against him.

I'll be over here bracing for impact.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-12-02 21:42:06

Anybody wanna 1vs1 my NNID is StrapOnFetus send me a pm saying your from newgrounds and ill add you