00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

62,482 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 11:33:02

You saw it, you know you want it. Lets talk all about it
The official website is here
Already 2 new characters: Villager, and Mega Man!
What does everyone think about this? Personally ive been one of the ones thinking that Mega Man would be an awesome addition, and I just went ecstatic when I saw he was gonna be in. As for Villager, that took me completely off guard. He looks to be pretty cool, but I can be for sure yet.
Also, 2 different art styles for the 3DS/WiiU versions!

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 12:38:50

Mega Man looks cool, but I really hope he isn't replacing Solid Snake. Putting Konami's main badass into the Smash series was one of the best things Nintendo has ever done.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 13:23:05

Still hoping for a Lloyd Irving appearance. I'l take Mega Man for now but as long as Lloyd makes the final cut that is all I will ever need from this game.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 15:56:44

Wii Fit trainer has also been confirmed. Now I know what a lot of you are thinking, "This bitch needs to get out" or something like that.

To be totally honest, this is actually really cool news. I've seen a lot of backlash for the inclusion of this character simply because she doesn't fit or they want someone else in. But SSB has had joke characters before so it's not any different here. People aren't giving her the chance. I believe if she's fun to play as, that's all that matters in the long run. And to be honest, it's ONE character, they're gonna add much more so don't let one character ruin your day.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 15:57:02

lol no one has posted about the Wii Fit trainer yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lBoL1 Ic9uWw

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 15:59:18

At 6/11/13 03:56 PM, darklink4567 wrote: Wii Fit trainer has also been confirmed. Now I know what a lot of you are thinking, "This bitch needs to get out" or something like that.

To be totally honest, this is actually really cool news. I've seen a lot of backlash for the inclusion of this character simply because she doesn't fit or they want someone else in. But SSB has had joke characters before so it's not any different here. People aren't giving her the chance. I believe if she's fun to play as, that's all that matters in the long run. And to be honest, it's ONE character, they're gonna add much more so don't let one character ruin your day.

Ugh I am blind. I didn't even see this post somehow. My bad! lol

Pretty crazy character selection though. This one was out of the blue.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 16:11:01

Waddle Dee for god-tier

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 16:23:35

At 6/11/13 03:56 PM, darklink4567 wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather have a new, unique player like the Wii Fit Trainer vs. another clone of Star Fox or Mario.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 16:44:06

Personally, I think the Wii Fit Trainer being added is kinda bad ass.

She looks like she'd be fun to play, and that's all that matters.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 16:48:14

I'm waiting to see If Lucario or Mewtwo make a return, or if they replace him with Zoroark (that's the no1 contending replacer apparently)

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 17:05:46

At 6/11/13 04:48 PM, darkjam wrote: I'm waiting to see If Lucario or Mewtwo make a return, or if they replace him with Zoroark (that's the no1 contending replacer apparently)

I just want Pichu back.

Pichu was my main in Melee. I miss him.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 17:25:04

Tom Nook. Why no Tom Nook?

Looks great! I really don't like the idea of two different games at the same time, it feels like they can only put so much effort into each one, and not as much as they could for a stand alone game. Apparently thew stages will be very different in the two games, so that's good.

I'd personally prefer a darker colour palette, but those close up screens sure look nice, so I don't really mind. A long as they include a single player campagin like in Brawl's Emissary, they can have all my money.

Probable characters:

Chrom (Fire Emblem), Little Mac (Punch Out), Dark Pit (KI: Uprising), and with the Wii Fit trainer, I'd have to say the little box who helps you set up your 3DS internet connection will make it in. Final Smash? LOST CONNECTION.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 17:39:33

Here's the big question we are all wondering though? Will it break the series, or be the best?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 20:35:22

At 6/11/13 05:39 PM, darkjam wrote: Here's the big question we are all wondering though? Will it break the series, or be the best?

it will definitely not break the series

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 20:57:35

I Fucking can't stop laughing. Never saw the Wii fit Trainer coming.

I'm glad they added another woman to the series too.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 22:14:59

Mega Man joins the battle? Well this just turned into the best game ever and it's not even out yet.

As for additional characters, here's some of my picks.

Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising. It just seems to fit in the villan category for the story mode and he could have a good move pool.

Geno. nuff said

Wart maybe. It would be interesting to see this guy in the game.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 22:17:51

Megaman? I could not care less. Now, if they had Zero, that would get me excited. The classic design, though, not the one that looks like a child. and Ray MK II. and Chrono.

and this guy.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 22:24:16

I also don't like that they are making it for the 3ds as well, but since it has also never been done before, I'll give them a chance. It may come out good. Who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-11 22:39:51

At 6/11/13 10:14 PM, omega88x wrote:
Geno. nuff said

That'd be a stretch since Square Enix owns the character, but anything is possible!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 01:46:34

I can't wait to try the animal crossing villager. I love how he has that vacant smile the whole time he's kicking donkey kong's ass in the gameplay video. I love his ultimate pockets too. He just looks like a fun character all around

wii fit trainer is pretty funny too. She has a very up beat attitude

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 02:04:00

At 6/12/13 01:46 AM, fawnret wrote:
wii fit trainer is pretty funny too. She has a very up beat attitude

dont you mean a beat up attitude?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 03:11:39

The good:
I've been saying since around 2008 that Mega Man would fit a Super Smash Bros. game much better than Solid Snake: Mega Man is mainly associated with his NES-era games, which are family-friendly and not so different in tone from Nintendo's first-party stuff, while Solid Snake is more associated with M-rated games appearing mainly on non-Nintendo (usually Sony) consoles. So now he's making an appearance. Good on Nintendo for taking my advice. Now how 'bout bringing in one of the Belmonts too? No? Ah well. Also, there's going to be a 3DS version, which is good, because I don't own a WiiU and honestly, with the job that bought me a 3DS now gone, I don't foresee myself having the money for a WiiU anytime soon unless a miracle happens. In fact, I'm really happy they finally did this: portable Super Smash Bros? GREAT idea, and I get the feeling that they would have done it sooner if earlier handhelds had the power. Though, if the DS could handle a port of Super Mario 64, couldn't it have handled a Super Smash Bros game? Ah well, a little late to worry about that. Point is, they're finally doing it THIS generation, which is a good thing.

The bad:
I know a lot of people like it, but I couldn't be less enthusiastic one way or another about Animal Crossing Villager. I dunno, that kind of game just doesn't really appeal to me. I mean, I know a lot of people out there like it, but I just... Can't ever see myself trying it. Still, he fits much better than...

The ugly:
WII. FIT. TRAINER. Ugh. I can't possibly think of anything tied to Nintendo, apart from maybe Japanese love hotels, that has less of an overlap with Super Smash Bros than Wii Fit. I can see myself picking all my favorite characters when it comes out on 3DS just so that I can use them to beat up on the, if you'll pardon my offensive language, casual. When watching the reveal video on YouTube, I was hearing Scrappy-Doo in my head: "Ta-ta-ta-TA-ta-TA! Casual power!" If anyone at Nintendo thinks this is a good idea and isn't just doing it to piss off asshole fans like me, I'm going back to my old assertion from the early Wii years: that most of the people working at Nintendo are high off their asses on all kinds of drugs at all times, and that this is what happens when Iwata, Miyamoto, and Sakurai all have bad trips at the same time.

Overall:
I can definitely see myself getting this for 3DS when it comes out, or at least when I have money.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 03:22:56

At 6/12/13 03:11 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
The ugly:
WII. FIT. TRAINER. Ugh. I can't possibly think of anything tied to Nintendo, apart from maybe Japanese love hotels, that has less of an overlap with Super Smash Bros than Wii Fit. I can see myself picking all my favorite characters when it comes out on 3DS just so that I can use them to beat up on the, if you'll pardon my offensive language, casual. When watching the reveal video on YouTube, I was hearing Scrappy-Doo in my head: "Ta-ta-ta-TA-ta-TA! Casual power!" If anyone at Nintendo thinks this is a good idea and isn't just doing it to piss off asshole fans like me, I'm going back to my old assertion from the early Wii years: that most of the people working at Nintendo are high off their asses on all kinds of drugs at all times, and that this is what happens when Iwata, Miyamoto, and Sakurai all have bad trips at the same time.

I could just repost my previous post on the thread but that would be redundant. To put it simply the character looks fun and Smash bros had joke character before that wasn't expected to be in (G&W, ROB), so this isn't any different.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 13:48:00

At 6/12/13 03:11 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: The ugly:
WII. FIT. TRAINER. Ugh. I can't possibly think of anything tied to Nintendo, apart from maybe Japanese love hotels, that has less of an overlap with Super Smash Bros than Wii Fit.

A character all about fitness is in a fighting game???
How absurd!
Next you'll be telling me that muscular men are also fighting in a fighting game

What's that? There is one? His name is Captain Falcon??? Don't be crazy lol

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-12 21:09:21

At 6/11/13 05:05 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 6/11/13 04:48 PM, darkjam wrote: I'm waiting to see If Lucario or Mewtwo make a return, or if they replace him with Zoroark (that's the no1 contending replacer apparently)
I just want Pichu back.

Pichu was my main in Melee. I miss him.

Remind me to lobotomize you so you don't continue to make bad gaming choices

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 08:40:58

Too bad this thread will be over a year old before the game is even released. :3

Gives us a lot of time to talk about it at least but i'm psyched as much as anybody especially considering i really haven't played hardcore Smash Bros. cracking out with friends on it since the release of Brawl. a few years ago so i been missing it a lot since the series began.

The one thing i'm hoping for the most isn't any particular character it's just a stable online play that's well ran and works unlike the one for Brawl that ran slow as molasses down an ice slope.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 16:26:21

At 6/13/13 08:40 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Too bad this thread will be over a year old before the game is even released. :3

What makes you say that.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 16:28:34

Alright. I usually dont go to the more general forums of NG, but I'm willing to talk about some Smash Bros

My general reaction to the reveals.

Villager: I played Wild World and I think this is really neat. Not orgasmic for ne, but far from disappointing. He may have to get narfed a bit since as he stands, he's pretty OP with his collect and shovel move. Still looking forward to playing as him.

Mega Man:I'm pretty excited

Wii Fit Trainer: Okay. Here we go. I'm always optimistic, and it still pertains here. Gives me more of a WTF feel than a disappointment. I read somewhere here that someone thought this was a casual override. I heartily disagree. The two games are on opposite spectrums. I just see this as a very creative character idea that may crash and burn, but may be somewhat fun.

And yeah, thats my reaction in short

E

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 16:48:33

So Sakurai said in an interview that due to the limitations of the 3DS, they won't be able to add as many characters and may have to cut veterans form the roster. Suddenly i'm a lot less enthusiastic about the Wii Fit trainer :<

Although this could just be a clever ploy to get us all excited whenever a veteran is announced on the website. You know, an "oh thank god, character X is still in" kind of thing.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2013-06-13 16:57:56

Although this could just be a clever ploy to get us all excited whenever a veteran is announced on the website. You know, an "oh thank god, character X is still in" kind of thing.

If Zelda, Link, or Fox are removed from 3ds then fuck that!

Not really, but Pikachu should be, the cheap bastard!

BBS Signature