00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

62,485 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-12 18:14:56

At 9/11/14 10:15 PM, Th-e wrote: I have my things to say here...

Duck Hunt Dog...I need Zero Suit Samus and a Smash Ball for this. Hehehehe...

The Duck Hunt dog seems like yet another joke character when we already have the Wii Fit trainer. It looks like scraping the bottom of the barrel to me.

1. Why are the Ice Climbers cut? They were in both Melee and Brawl. They are not clone fighters?

I wouldn't miss them much, but that is weird and unexpected.

2. Bring back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo? That's a slap in all of our faces there.

Agreed. I was never really a fan of the Pokemon characters, but so many people loved Mewtwo in Melee and have wanted him to return. And Dr. Mario was always a waste of space on the roster

At the same time, I kind wish for more villain reps.

There's one character still left out that should have been there all along. And if you want more villains, his arch enemy would be awesome.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-12 18:19:06

At 9/12/14 06:14 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: There's one character still left out that should have been there all along. And if you want more villains, his arch enemy would be awesome.

That would certainly be an interesting character to use. I'd imagine him to play like Shiek, using projectiles and a whip, with a bit of hand to hand mixed in.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-12 18:30:52

At 9/12/14 06:19 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/12/14 06:14 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: There's one character still left out that should have been there all along. And if you want more villains, his arch enemy would be awesome.
That would certainly be an interesting character to use. I'd imagine him to play like Shiek, using projectiles and a whip, with a bit of hand to hand mixed in.

whip lash, whip grapple, sword slash, throwing axe, throwing knife triple shot, boomerang cross, fire whip, charged 360 degree whip spin

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-12 21:55:57

At 9/12/14 07:31 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Look at the post under you with the image of Ridley standing next to the rest of the cast and tell me that isn't awesome. It'd work fine.

I disagree. I don't think that would work at all. Even shrunk down that still looks too big and it barely even looks like Ridley. Also could you imagine how ridiculously big his hit box would be?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-12 23:30:38

At 9/12/14 04:44 PM, fawnret wrote:
At 9/12/14 04:27 PM, Lionelion wrote:
i have teh demo and its awesome
is villager the best thing ever?

ehh, I cant get him to work for me, his moveset is kinda weird, not as forward as some of the other characters, like I like. But that isnt to say he's bad, I could totally see him working for someone else

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-13 00:32:52

At 9/12/14 07:31 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Look, as awesome as that would be, it's happening. Not in Smash 4, anyway. Wait for Smash Bros. 5 and he'll have a much larger chance of being there when Mega Man gets removed.

Of course I know it's not happening. I just mean it's probably the most glaring omission out of any possible new character that could be left to introduce, the most obvious missing name on the roster. Aside from maybe Zero, anyway. And Konami has already let them use one of their characters before (Snake). Plus, Nintendo has had a whole bunch of exclusive Castlevania titles over quite a few years, now, including one on the Wii. It's like watching someone missing their keys when they're in their hand. LOOK, YOU IDIOT! RIGHT THERE!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-13 16:33:44

So far I am trying to master Megaman, dude is legit awesome. Game looks amazing btw, i just can not stop playing it!! 60 fps with 3d effect. By golly it must run on nintendo magic.

Here is a pic i took of me fighting mario.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-13 17:22:03

I finally acquired one of the codes and gave the game a try. Villager is my jam. He's wicked cool

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-13 17:38:08

If anyone has steam community and or Team fortress 2, I can trade you a bills hat which is worth 15$ on the market for a unredeemed smash bros 4 demo code, Add me at this link if you have steam. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079479480

"Born on a cold seafloor, it will swim great distances to return to its birthplace"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-13 19:32:09

By far Megamans hardest ability to use is his down meteor smash, shit is hard as hell to do. Stoked!! His buzz saw blades are fun to use as well.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-14 00:14:43

I have very mixed feelings about the final roster. It seems like they added a lot of characters that look amazing, but then they pull it down by putting in pointless ones like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. It's weird too since some characters are just reskins, while others have their own slots for no apparent reason.

I also wish that they made unlocking the characters more exciting rather than just "play 120 matches to get everyone". Doing things like event matches or playing the game on specific difficulties was fun for me and made getting everyone more rewarding.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-14 01:50:50

It's out on the major gaming sites, and I will bring it up.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-smash-bros-wii-u-releases-in-november-report/1100-6422311/

A preorder card says:
"
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Game Release Date
11/21/2014

*Game release date subject to change.
Valid for In-Store Purchases only.
"
</preordercard>

I wonder if this is going to be the actual date for the Wii U version. The card is clear, though, about date changes.

I am more interested in the Wii U version. Also, I wonder...will it bring back (and expand upon) the custom stages feature from Brawl? I am unsure considering the fact that Palkia and Majora's Mask Skull Kid flip the screen, and Brawl did not have those features (except on Spear Pillar).

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-14 18:21:44

So I have one more demo code.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-15 00:44:39

At 9/14/14 06:21 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: So I have one more demo code.

can i have?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-16 13:21:18

At 9/14/14 06:21 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: So I have one more demo code.

pls let me have.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-16 14:29:01

as the release date draws ever near, i am still undecided between the wiiu or 3ds version.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-17 15:44:25

At 9/16/14 02:29 PM, FRAYDO wrote: as the release date draws ever near, i am still undecided between the wiiu or 3ds version.

Wii U is definitely the better option. It would have a larger install base, so more players to fight, better graphics, would feel more comfortable to play and there's been reports of the 3DS circle pad actually breaking due to smash.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-17 16:02:15

At 9/17/14 03:44 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/16/14 02:29 PM, FRAYDO wrote: as the release date draws ever near, i am still undecided between the wiiu or 3ds version.
there's been reports of the 3DS circle pad actually breaking due to smash.

breaking how? also, why not just get both?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-17 16:17:38

After playing the demo I think the Wii U version will be more comfortable for me. I don't like the button config on the 3DS and a good old gamecube controller probably feels more comfortable than the circle pad. Also big screen.

At 9/17/14 04:02 PM, Lionelion wrote: also, why not just get both?

Money.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-17 16:57:10

At 9/17/14 04:02 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 9/17/14 03:44 PM, darkjam wrote:
there's been reports of the 3DS circle pad actually breaking due to smash.
breaking how? also, why not just get both?

Like this, and not everybody can afford both at release, he is probably deciding which to get first.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-20 16:51:46

F $#* that!

I'm getting that newer 3DS. That unit feels comfortable around my palms and hands.

Just gonna wait until the hype slows down.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-21 13:31:58

At 9/20/14 04:51 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: F $#* that!

I'm getting that newer 3DS. That unit feels comfortable around my palms and hands.

Just gonna wait until the hype slows down.

When does that new 3DS come out anyway? I wanna get one too

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-21 17:17:08

Only did a quick glance, so sorry if someone beat me to it, but I got the demo off the eShop earlier, the only catch now is that you can only launch it 30 times. Which doesn't really mean much if you just put your 3DS in sleep mode with it open for a while.

I'm not super-excited about it, but it was fun to fuck around on the demo some. I didn't even know that you had to have a code for it before, with how little I was paying attention. I told one of my friends about it, and he was kinda surprised that I just kinda casually downloaded it. If you haven't already, you should try it out. Just wasn't sure if you guys knew it was freely available now.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-21 21:32:09

At 9/21/14 01:31 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 9/20/14 04:51 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote:

When does that new 3DS come out anyway? I wanna get one too

They confirmed it should be out by 2015 with the arrival of the U.S. States. I like the appearance and the customizable cover.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-21 21:47:15

Thought I'd give my brief impressions:

I did not think that the demo could get me hyped but it did. The end.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-22 12:13:49

Played the demo, fucking hyped.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-22 18:43:51

Regarding the D pads breaking. How?!

Must be some hardcore smashers out there...

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-22 22:44:02

At 9/22/14 06:43 PM, MentalMyles wrote: Regarding the D pads breaking. How?!

Must be some hardcore smashers out there...

likely. surely it was an exaggeration, but then again there are people who do play like that and subsequently destroy console controllers as a result. whereas console controllers can take more punishment, the 3ds surely gets demolished with much less effort.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-23 18:26:16

So has anyone tried the local play on the 3DS demo, and experience some ridiculous lag? I played a couple matches with my friend and it was playing at like 1fps for half the match. I hope this isn't in the final release.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-09-23 20:22:23

I've done local play with people and had no lag problems. Some weird technical problems must have been happening on your end maybe?

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature