00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orangebag4448 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread!

63,079 Views | 852 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-05 13:21:47

I'd be only satisfied with a Ness announcement.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-05 14:35:35

At 4/3/14 09:15 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: You call that a nerf? I call it getting more annoying.

At least this time around you can jump over the bolt and not stand on one side.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-05 15:15:45

At 4/5/14 01:21 PM, DerekStrife wrote: I'd be only satisfied with a Ness announcement.

yes omg yes

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-05 15:17:50

not that i do not welcome more characters; the more the merrier! but ness' announcement will ease my worries of him not returning? why would he not return? i would have no clue, but there is always that question if he and some others will not and the suspense has me on edge at times.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-05 21:00:28

At 4/5/14 03:17 PM, FRAYDO wrote: not that i do not welcome more characters; the more the merrier! but ness' announcement will ease my worries of him not returning? why would he not return? i would have no clue, but there is always that question if he and some others will not and the suspense has me on edge at times.

Dont worry, theres no way ness wouldnt return, seeing as he was one of the original 12. Him and Yoshi are about the only original ones that havent been announced yet, besides Cpt Falcon and Jigglypuff. There is always a chance that Ness, Cpt Falcon and Jigglypuff could be unlockable characters though, like they have been in the past.

Come to think of it, I would be satisfied with a Yoshi announcement

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 10:26:29

At 4/5/14 09:00 PM, Lionelion wrote: Come to think of it, I would be satisfied with a Yoshi announcement

I'm still waiting for a non clone reveal of a Star Fox character, or at least a new Pokémon character, not even Mewtwo but they need at least three characters representing Pokémon.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 13:24:38

At 4/6/14 10:26 AM, darkjam wrote:
I'm still waiting for a non clone reveal of a Star Fox character, or at least a new Pokémon character, not even Mewtwo but they need at least three characters representing Pokémon.

Oh, you mean jigglypuff?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 16:15:42

At 4/6/14 01:24 PM, Lionelion wrote: Oh, you mean jigglypuff?

Well her too I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 19:57:41

How about Wario? Can't have Mario w/o Wario.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 20:10:05

Just replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo. Who cares if it was in the original game?

At 4/6/14 07:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How about Wario? Can't have Mario w/o Wario.

I kinda liked Wario in Brawl.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 20:44:39

At 4/6/14 08:32 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 4/6/14 07:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How about Wario? Can't have Mario w/o Wario.
I kinda liked Wario in Brawl.
Wario needs to return. If we get a clone like Toon Link returning, all the unique characters should come back as well.

All the original characters, plus a few new ones would make an awesome new game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-06 23:08:08

Wario needs to return. If we get a clone like Toon Link returning, all the unique characters should come back as well.

Wario will return. We have Ashley and Waluigi as assist trophies. Think about it...it's inevitable.

BTW, I was playing Kirby's Dreamland 3, and I found the last Sand Canyon stage to be one of my favorites. You go into this strange black pyramid with this cool background to it. To get the star from this level, you had to go to a bunch of areas connected to this center room, and you collected these robot parts to assemble...R.O.B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLa0_KMoh4

If R.O.B. does return, do you think that this stage would be a good "home field" for him?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 15:57:19

Nintendo Direct today, hoping for a release date.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 17:59:11

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 18:10:20

3ds one coming summer, Wii u coming Winter. 3ds run at 60fps, assist trophies at 30fps. Difference between 3ds and wii u are stages, different designs, 2 songs per stage, wii u have more songs, can connect both consoles. balloon fight stage for 3ds, palutenas for wii u. yellow devil will attack fighters, only eye is vunerable, hit it last for an attack, other boss character appearances, online will have 2 games modes, for fun, or fun glory, final des looks sexy. fuck it, find out the rest for yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 18:25:16

Sheik and ZSS back, but as seperate characters, this game is going to be fucking awesome, can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 18:39:14

lolwut greninja and charizard as playable fighters? This is the best Smash Bros ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 18:41:39

Well that was a lot to take in, new items, stages, characters. Can't wait to play as a Mega Evo Lucario.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 18:48:23

I really thought that was a Mewtwo Returns trailer but I guess Greninja is pretty hype too. Stand alone Charizard is pretty hype too. Is there room for Squirtle and Ivysaur?

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 19:11:48

There is too much to talk about. I'm pretty happy about the online features. For fun and For glory sound like great ways to divide players who want to play the game differently. They mentioned a ton of balancing, banning, leaderboards, and friend options, which all sound great.

Final Destination versions of every stage is probably one of the best ideas they showed. Also, was I the only one that flipped their shit when they showed to music customization? I know it's returning, but I still love everything music in games.

They showed off some pretty cool stages as well. Halberd's return pretty much confirms MetaKnight, and Palutena's temple looks like a great evolution of the Zelda Temple stage.

Yoshi's new design looks great, much more like his current portrayal. The new final smashes looks pretty good too, Kirby's, Pit's and Megaman's all look fantastic.

They also teased moveset customization, meaning choosing specific special moves. I want to know more about that.

Was kind of hoping for some non pokemon characters, but Geninja is a pretty creative choice, and Charizard works well. Hopefully they're purposefully keeping lots of characters secret. Also, Zero Suit Samus looks somehow even more sexy.

And finally, the biggest announcement, that the 3DS version is releasing sooner. Pretty guarantees that I'll buy both now. That 3DS exclusive mode looks interesting as well.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-08 22:28:53

(Sorry im late guys, I didnt get to watch it live, I had to watch it at a later time)

Every time I think they cant make it any more awesome, they do. I mean good god.

Where to start? I'll start with the end. Charizard and Greninja huh? Pretty fucking awesome. Looks like we have our 4 pokemon reps. No jigglypuff? She may still be a secret character, but at this point its looking pretty iffy. This should also clear out any claims of Mewtwo returning. I never thought it was gonna happen from the start, and im glad that this is confirmed.

So, release dates! Still not specific dates, but 2 different ones huh? Kinda odd, we all assumed they'd be released at the same time. Still, the 3DS version should easily keep us busy until the WiiU version comes out, so im okay with this.

Returning regulars: Yoshi finally made it back. Shiek and Zero Suit Samus too, each with buff up movesets! Im glad Yoshi is finally back, I was just waiting for his mention. Since Zelda got mentioned, I figured Shiek was back too, but apparenty Shiek got a better moveset, and is her own character now? Since theres no transformation, im a little confused how that'll work, but im sure it'll all be good

Final Smashes baby! KIRBY'S NEW FINAL SMASH IS FUCKING AWESOME! Also, I totally called that, i fucking knew it was either going to be Crash, or one of his Ultra abilities. Im so overjoyed by this, no longer will sucky cook kirby have to be a thing. Also loving the mega-evolutions of Lucario and Charizard. Also cool to see that Samus is no longer forced to change to Zero Suit Samus after her final smash, that always irked me.

Customizing movesets? I want to know more about this! I saw ice coming from kirby's mouth! This just looks to be one of the coolest things ever! Its gonna be one of those things that keeps the game fresh no matter when you play it.

Smash Run is looking to be pretty fun, I loved playing City Trial on Kirby's Air Ride, and getting a version of that on Smash Bros is all the better. Lots of tactic-thinking here, deciding what powerups to go for, based on your character, and based on who youre fighting at the end.

Online play. For Fun and For Glory. I probably wont be playing much of the For Glory, as im not as competitive as some of you blokes, but I do like how almost every stage now has a Final Dest version of it, so i'll probably try it out if for that at least.

Speaking of which, new stages too! Im liking almost all of them, and really appreciating the past stages, like Halberd. Im wondering if Great Temple will make a return too? Its been one of the favorite stages since Melee, so its possible it could make a return, but then again, who knows? Also, stage hazards too, im loving how the Yellow Devil works on the Mega Man stage. That should be a lot of fun.

Can we talk about assist trophies for a second? I saw some pretty awesome ones, like Dark Samus?! Never wouldve expected an assist trophy like that. I like all the other ones though, cept for stupid Nintendogs...covering the screen bullshit...

Eesh, I cant talk about everything here, as much as i'd love too, and I already covered a lot. Cant wait till it comes out!

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 00:17:27

I decided to watch as well.

I did have a concern from this that Jigglypuff won't return, since the Pokemon count in SSB4 now matches the count in Brawl (if Pokemon Trainer counts as one). And the Mario Kart arenas resembled past F-Zero arenas. Given the state of F-Zero, are we going to still get Captain Falcon?

Anyway, there was also this thing I saw in Smash Run mode. Something green and gator-like. I feel like I have seen this before.

and the rumors of King K. Rool run wild...

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 00:36:50

At 4/9/14 12:17 AM, Th-e wrote:
Given the state of F-Zero, are we going to still get Captain Falcon?

I'd be really surprised if they didnt have Cpt Falcon in there. As it stands, he could be a secret unlockable character at this point

Anyway, there was also this thing I saw in Smash Run mode. Something green and gator-like. I feel like I have seen this before.

I saw that too, I grinned as soon as I did. Although I think thats gonna be about it for them, just enemies.

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 03:34:12

assist trophy of the year every year

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 10:39:16

At 4/8/14 06:44 PM, Monster-64 wrote: nintendo's been obsolete for me since the Wii.

Thank you for your input. It's relevance astounds us

E

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 10:44:33

*Its

Anyway, Reactions?

Being a HUGE City Trial fan, I recognized Smash Run quickly, and I'm super hyped! It should be a ton of fun.

Regarding the trailer, most of us expected Mewtwo, but I'm actually happier with Greninja, since it's my favorite starter! He looks like he's going to be a pleasure to play. About everyone's concerns about Jiggs being in, on one hand she's been smashing since the first game and they likely won't drop her now, but on the other hand, Jigglypuff hasn't been a relevant icon in the Pokemon world in a long time. I still lean to yes to Jigglypuff being in the game, but I wouldn't be TOO confident.

Also, having a 3DS and not a Wii U is pretty nice for me! Although with Smash Run being 3DS exclusive, I'm curious what Wii U will get. Regardless I can't wait, and I feel like this game is going to be amazing!

E

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 12:23:29

At 4/9/14 03:34 AM, Oolaph wrote: assist trophy of the year every year

except he's not an assist trophy, he's a stage hazard

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 12:33:49

oh man! megaman's final smash is just so MMPH!

five megamans five times the awesomeness jesus christ yes

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 15:57:52

Smash Run looks like a blast, and what a cool unique twist on the classic Smash Brothers multiplayer. Really adds a whole new level to it.

I hope Jigglypuff returns, if only for her singing. Love that song.

If the 3DS gets something as awesome as Smash Run, I can only IMAGINE what they have planned for the Wii U one. Something awesome is coming this Christmas, to be sure! And I for one am glad the 3DS one will be out before the Wii U version. I wouldn't have gotten the 3DS version otherwise, most likely, but now it's a must-own.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Ssb Wiiu/3ds Thread! 2014-04-09 17:49:39

At 4/9/14 12:23 PM, Lionelion wrote: except he's not an assist trophy, he's a stage hazard

stage of the year every year