00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Christianity.

10,095 Views | 189 Replies

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-23 20:52:54

At 4/22/13 09:55 PM, 372 wrote:
but reasons beyond us, but it is always possible. PM me, we'll talk about this more in-depth.
omg he's gonna go convert this guy

don't try to understand :))))))))
u cant its gods incomprehensible glory :)))))))
worship jesus christ your 1 true mater :)))))))

Did you ever read his message? He says he is willing, Mr. Smarts.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-23 20:56:47

At 4/22/13 09:59 PM, 372 wrote:
on the contrary my friend, You shouldn't take everything the bible say literally. I can assure you I'll be dead by now if I tried too
Yeah I don't but a hell of a lot of people do you know.
This is true, and sometimes people take single scriptures out of context and then flee their religion and/or do extreme things that are, if not more, unnecessary.
are you saying it's unnecessary to think and research an organization before you declare it's beliefs as your own?
And separate from that organization if you find many things that you do not approve of?

I have no clue why you state this, you may research a religion for years without joining it, and it's completely necessary to know what you're getting into. I was not Christian until just recently, because I finally didn't fail to understand it's meaning, and I was overjoyed. What I do disapprove of is taking one's words out of context.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-23 22:06:28

At 4/23/13 08:52 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
At 4/22/13 09:55 PM, 372 wrote:
but reasons beyond us, but it is always possible. PM me, we'll talk about this more in-depth.
omg he's gonna go convert this guy

don't try to understand :))))))))
u cant its gods incomprehensible glory :)))))))
worship jesus christ your 1 true mater :)))))))

Okay okay you got me, I'm just messing around.
Your well mannered posture is making it just so much less fun.
You where supposed to get angry and stuff so I can be like LOL..
You have defeated me.

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-23 23:03:38

At 4/23/13 10:06 PM, 372 wrote:

Okay okay you got me, I'm just messing around.
Your well mannered posture is making it just so much less fun.
You where supposed to get angry and stuff so I can be like LOL..
You have defeated me.

... I have nothing to say to you.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 06:30:26

Nope. I went to church from age 14 to 16 almost every Sunday, and my grandparents on my mom's side are both Christians who practice it fairly often, and my mom goes to church with them too. I would not consider myself to be affiliated with any organized religion. Where I live there aren't really a lot of religious people and I'm pretty indifferent to religion but if religion makes people feel more confident and helps them with guidance in life then I think it's a pretty good thing.

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 10:44:43

At 4/22/13 09:47 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:38 PM, 372 wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:32 PM, badfurrykitty wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:04 PM, 372 wrote:
on the contrary my friend, You shouldn't take everything the bible say literally. I can assure you I'll be dead by now if I tried too
This is true, and sometimes people take single scriptures out of context and then flee their religion and/or do extreme things that are, if not more, unnecessary.

How sad it is that a lot of people use the bible for personal gain. Even worse, they use it as a weapon to condemn people they dislike. They twist the words instead of understanding them better and living by them.

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 10:48:52

I'm a Christian. I even studied for the ministry for a couple of years before I was called in a different direction.

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 11:03:03

At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote: Who here, on Newgrounds, can say with confidence that they are a Christian? And yes, being Catholic, Presbyterian or anything like that counts. I just want to see the responses that you may have.

I can say that I am a Christian in full honesty. I practice it through the way I live, not so much through praise.

By this I mean that I try to help people whenever I can. I only fight if I have to fight and only for someone else. I never steal or cheat. I try to be generous. I try not to curse and I try to be patient and forgiving.

There is a lot of "trying" yes, but people are tried every day and they are not perfect. I still believe this is the right way to practice Christian faith today.

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 20:22:39

At 4/24/13 10:44 AM, encasedcase wrote:
At 4/22/13 09:47 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:38 PM, 372 wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:32 PM, badfurrykitty wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:04 PM, 372 wrote:
How sad it is that a lot of people use the bible for personal gain. Even worse, they use it as a weapon to condemn people they dislike. They twist the words instead of understanding them better and living by them.

I agree, I see many Christians do this. What many people don't do, though, is mention to people their reflection of God, for it is said in the old testament, and new testament, I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) "Everything created was made with a reflection of God in it", and mentioning how one may be reflected by God is better than saying that God will turn them for eternal damnation.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 20:34:17

At 4/24/13 11:03 AM, Inquisitorical-Lad wrote:
At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote: Who here, on Newgrounds, can say with confidence that they are a Christian? And yes, being Catholic, Presbyterian or anything like that counts. I just want to see the responses that you may have.
I can say that I am a Christian in full honesty. I practice it through the way I live, not so much through praise.

By this I mean that I try to help people whenever I can. I only fight if I have to fight and only for someone else. I never steal or cheat. I try to be generous. I try not to curse and I try to be patient and forgiving.

There is a lot of "trying" yes, but people are tried every day and they are not perfect. I still believe this is the right way to practice Christian faith today.

This is very true, and if one is not Christian and might be going the wrong direction in life, I do try to convince them about this kind of faith basis, for it may help anyone become a better person, and to be able to here the words God has to say to them better. In fact, my church does this thing I think is rather brilliant, and they give us three focus words: Up, in, out. Up for our relationship with God, In for our relationship with other believers, and out for your relationship with non-believers, and we really focus on these, for it really does help.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 21:08:19

At 4/24/13 08:34 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
In fact, my church does this thing I think is rather brilliant, and they give us three focus words: Up, in, out. Up for our relationship with God, In for our relationship with other believers, and out for your relationship with non-believers, and we really focus on these, for it really does help.

Holy shit you're brainwashed man.
I'm not even kidding, dude you're in a cult. Open your eyes. Listen to yourself man

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 21:22:11

At 4/24/13 09:08 PM, 372 wrote: \

I'm not even kidding, dude you're in a cult. Open your eyes. Listen to yourself man

the more and more I see him post, the more and more I believe is a troll

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-04-24 23:29:41

At 4/24/13 09:08 PM, 372 wrote:
In fact, my church does this thing I think is rather brilliant, and they give us three focus words: Up, in, out. Up for our relationship with God, In for our relationship with other believers, and out for your relationship with non-believers, and we really focus on these, for it really does help.

Maybe you haven't listened to us enough to ever understand anything we are. If you want to see cults, go look into Religious Extremists, or maybe, satanism? Maybe even, some particular gangs? If you think a cult is a group who helps others to be better people to others and to help others understand our Lord's gracefulness, then you are surely incorrect. Worship is appreciation, not condemnation of others. You state for us to open our eyes, but they have already been opened, and for your eyes not to be facing where we're looking is the irony of judging us. Besides, if it's focus words that freak you out, does the shoelacing technique freak you out? Math equation techniques? Socializing strategies? I might fail to see your point in this, and I might be incorrect to do so, but you still fail to see our viewpoints, for it seems you think we're focusing on something completely different than the one who created you and me. I am sorry for the ranting, but still, I don't agree with you here.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 11:56:48

At 4/24/13 11:29 PM, CoolBerries wrote:
Maybe you haven't listened to us enough to ever understand anything we are. If you want to see cults, go look into Religious Extremists, or maybe, satanism? Maybe even, some particular gangs? If you think a cult is a group who helps others to be better people to others and to help others understand our Lord's gracefulness, then you are surely incorrect. Worship is appreciation, not condemnation of others. You state for us to open our eyes, but they have already been opened, and for your eyes not to be facing where we're looking is the irony of judging us. Besides, if it's focus words that freak you out, does the shoelacing technique freak you out? Math equation techniques? Socializing strategies? I might fail to see your point in this, and I might be incorrect to do so, but you still fail to see our viewpoints, for it seems you think we're focusing on something completely different than the one who created you and me. I am sorry for the ranting, but still, I don't agree with you here.

Coolberries. Your speech is that of a cultist. What you said about closing your relationship to non-believers is what those who believe in Jehovah would say, an extremist group in Christianity. Limiting yourself to a certain group of people is not the way of Christianity. Working together towards building a better tomorrow is and you need as many people as possible to pull that off.

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 16:50:57

I'm a Christian all the way brah!

DEUS VAULT!

Christianity.

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 18:24:20

At 6/3/13 06:22 PM, Fisplen wrote: It keeps me going in times of trouble knowing that there's someone watching over You and I actually attempted suicide about 2 or 3 years ago now by laying in the middle of the road , No car came.

Unless it was at night I dont believe you did that seriously

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 19:02:46

I'm an agnostic, and as such, I don't believe humanity has the means to prove the existence of god nor his non-existence, so, I admit my ignorance regarding this question and live happily concerned with things that make my most likely ephemeral life on Earth more enjoyable. As a matter of instinct and from what I am able to observe, I don't have hope in the existence of God, so you may call me an atheist agnostic, and if there really is a creator, I'd rather believe in an evil/unconcerned one, based on what I see in this world and my own life experience, or even in a superior form of life which has created us, like those beliefs about reptilians and such.

Actually, the only thing I'm completely sure of is my own existence, not even my physical existence, but my cogito,

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 20:22:10

At 6/3/13 06:27 PM, Fisplen wrote: It was pure luck , it was a lazy afternoon and I did it on a small lane expecting to get run over.

Stupid me , besides any car that would have come up to me would have stopped.

Pretty dumb way of trying to commit suicide looking back now...

Well I guess it shows you werent really thinking about it at all. lucky you werent hit

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-03 20:36:30

Me! :D Seven day adventist.

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-05 23:00:59

Coolberries. Your speech is that of a cultist. What you said about closing your relationship to non-believers is what those who believe in Jehovah would say, an extremist group in Christianity. Limiting yourself to a certain group of people is not the way of Christianity. Working together towards building a better tomorrow is and you need as many people as possible to pull that off.

I know this. This is why I made this forum, in all my honesty. Every day I talk to my pastor with a problem me saying I feel like I'm not doing enough for God, he tells me to spread the word of Him so I can make it better, not just for myself, but for others. And it's clear and literally stated by some users that they NEED a God in their life, and some are willing to as well.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-05 23:04:35

At 6/3/13 06:22 PM, Fisplen wrote: I firmly believe there's a God watching us if that's what You're asking...
However I have tried to become a '' Good '' Christian instead of the '' Bad '' one I am at the moment.

I stopped using God's name in vain a couple of months ago and I am now starting to refrain from swearing a little , so I am making progress.

However I haven't been raised in a Religious household and have really stumbled upon The Bible myself , I can't exactly remember how.

It keeps me going in times of trouble knowing that there's someone watching over You and I actually attempted suicide about 2 or 3 years ago now by laying in the middle of the road , No car came.

I'm glad it's against Christianity to commit Suicide , that's also one of the things that held me back , fear of going to hell.

Let us speak privately, friend, where there will be peace among us. I think you are going to be a good cause for Christ, and I don't want to see you take yourself. PM me, alright?

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 07:51:41

I'm a protestant but I can't say I'm a believer.

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 08:24:03

At 4/24/13 09:08 PM, 372 wrote: Holy shit you're brainwashed man.

Christianity.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 09:00:42

I'm no christian.

I fucking love steak.

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 11:03:53

At 6/6/13 08:24 AM, Slint wrote:

illegal

Christianity.

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 11:08:31

At 6/6/13 11:03 AM, 372 wrote:
At 6/6/13 08:24 AM, Slint wrote:
illegal

Christianity.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 11:16:03

Well, yeah.

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 11:28:46

I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior.

I believe Love is the greatest commandment. We are called to Love, not judge, others

God Bless!!!

Response to Christianity. 2013-06-06 11:42:17

Allahu akbar.

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 05:09:16

At 6/6/13 11:28 AM, Gun-Mage wrote: I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior.

I believe Love is the greatest commandment. We are called to Love, not judge, others

God Bless!!!

There's nothing wrong with this post.