FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 15:44:13 Reply

Atheist.

I associated Jesus and God with Santa and the Easter Bunny as a kid. I was always skeptical of their existence, and when I confirmed the last two to be a hoax I just assumed I was right on all counts.

Then I went to a camp with all my friends, and we had bible study for like an hour every day. I didn't want to ruin it for them so I just kept my mouth shut, but then I realized even the 18 year old counselors still believed in this nonsense so I took a much deeper look and still came to the same conclusion.

My parents taught Sunday school, I went to bible schools, I've read the bible..

All I've really learned throughout my life is how superior our species wants to feel towards others. Big dick syndrome.
RyderOmega
RyderOmega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Filmmaker
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 16:48:45 Reply

Raised Catholic and even put through years of Sunday school. I thought it was a load of crap.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 17:06:40 Reply

At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote: Who here, on Newgrounds, can say with confidence that they are a Christian?

What is your problem with people believing what they like? Why is it a bad thing to say with confidence? religionist prick.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 17:34:43 Reply

At 4/11/13 02:09 PM, Ali wrote: Why are you even making this thread?

You know a lot of people will flame on here and get butthurt.

Are there really any Christianson here? It doesn't make sense on a site like this.

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 17:43:29 Reply

I'm a Christian.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 17:46:58 Reply

At 4/11/13 12:40 AM, CoolBerries wrote:
First, How did you find God? Did he come to you? Did you try to find him? Were you taught about him as you were raised?
Second, What are you doing currently as a Christian? Are you praying? How often? Are you reading the Bible? How often? Are you going to church at all?

Nope that's not being a Christian means, try again.

Take this into consideration, I'm not trying to judge you guys, for why would I point out the splinter in one's eye without taking consideration the plank in my own?

Urrr you're not trying to judge anyone? That's exactly what you're doing right now.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:29:30 Reply

At 4/12/13 03:44 PM, 372 wrote: You didn't have to mention it, you made it obvious LOL

I didn't even defend religion, how did I make anything at all obvious?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:46:47 Reply

Religion is fake

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:50:31 Reply

At 4/12/13 08:29 PM, Slint wrote:
At 4/12/13 03:44 PM, 372 wrote: You didn't have to mention it, you made it obvious LOL
I didn't even defend religion, how did I make anything at all obvious?

You tried to mock me for saying I stopped being religious at a young age. That's not pro-religious? It's pretty funny actually, like it wasn't hard for me to learn that if santa and the easter bunny weren't real, god was pretty much the same thing. "magic things you should believe in that someone read you out of a book"
I mean if you wanna believe it, go ahead. But doesn't make it less obviously fake.
Sorry, I'm sooo lame, I must of been succch an angsty 11 year old to stop believing in the easter bunny.Psh who do I even think I am?

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:54:17 Reply

At 4/12/13 08:50 PM, 372 wrote: You tried to mock me for saying I stopped being religious at a young age. That's not pro-religious?

No, not at all actually, you just drew imaginary conclusions and implied implications.

Christianity.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:57:40 Reply

At 4/12/13 08:54 PM, Slint wrote:
At 4/12/13 08:50 PM, 372 wrote: You tried to mock me for saying I stopped being religious at a young age. That's not pro-religious?
No, not at all actually, you just drew imaginary conclusions and implied implications.

Okay man you go back to being right all the time, have fun with that.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 20:57:42 Reply

At 4/12/13 08:54 PM, Slint wrote:

can you explain to me what the joke is slint so i can laugh with you
because milo is lost

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 21:01:15 Reply

At 4/12/13 08:57 PM, SwankyVagrant wrote: can you explain to me what the joke is slint so i can laugh with you
because milo is lost

These were actually honest posts for once with honest opinions and arguments, no joke here at all, how weird is that.

plus you know i'd pm you with every joke bruh brah breh brew

Christianity.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 21:03:41 Reply

At 4/12/13 01:53 PM, 372 wrote: I decided I was an atheist around the early age of 11

age of 5

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 22:20:34 Reply

My parents and and aunts and uncles are all Christians, their parents are Christians, so naturally I grew up in a very Bible-and-church-centered environment. I got saved when I was about 4 years old, and I've very slowly but steadily been growing closer to God ever since then.
Sounds like you've been brainwashed. Ever consider thinking for yourself?

This why I am against religion. It doesn't accept individuality. I'm not hating on people that are religious - I just don't like the idea of it.

I was raised in christian family.. But after a few changes in life and suffering from severe depression, I've discovered that I could think logically and live life without following any religion. I still believe in the possibility of a god, because you can not disprove or prove he exists.

This is where I disagree,many people believe religion is a type of brainwash, and that it destroys people as their person, but this is not the case. Believe it or not, I used to think precisely like this after going through depression in the 6th grade, but a few years after that, I quickly discovered my mistake. The purpose of religion, or, you don't even have to call it religion, you may call it worship, spirituallity, or even to some sciencey guys, "Presence theories", not that I agree are just theories, anyway, the purpose was for us people to know the one who created us, so that we are not alone, and for us to know that that one loves us, and doesn't want us to die. God sent his only child to save the world from darkness and death, he loved us so much, so that we did not have to die, but have eternal life in the grace of God, and it's not earned by a magic prayer, certain quality in life, or a following instruction to what to do each and every day, this is how Christianity is different from every other religion out there, for you don't earn your way to heaven just by following the rules, you just need to have faith, and to recognize God is in your life, and that's it. What's great about it, is that if you have felt you have fallen short or screwed up, you can pray for forgiveness from your sin, and He will ever forget them "From East is to the West". I'm doing this to prove that you are wrong, I am only saying this to show the other viewpoint, please take into consideration. Thank you for reading.

John 3:16

Squirtgun, B****!

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 22:23:08 Reply

At 4/12/13 02:37 PM, Slint wrote:
At 4/12/13 02:35 PM, 372 wrote: What? My best friend was raised without religion and when I was curious he explained to me why he didn't believe religious teaching and I looked into and I agreed
Why are you so immature lol
You stopped being religious at 11.
I'm immature.
Okay.

Remember the Golden Rule, guys, if you have agreements or disagreements, you don't need to fight about it, you may simply talk to another about it, and whether you agree or disagree, or are willing to find which one you are, you may private message me.

Squirtgun, B****!

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 22:25:17 Reply

At 4/12/13 02:48 PM, 372 wrote:
At 4/12/13 02:37 PM, Slint wrote:
At 4/12/13 02:35 PM, 372 wrote: What? My best friend was raised without religion and when I was curious he explained to me why he didn't believe religious teaching and I looked into and I agreed
Why are you so immature lol
You stopped being religious at 11.
I'm immature.
Okay.
Yes because your religion is so logical an 11 year couldn't possibly google why it's fucking retarded and get a million results...

If you want to find the intelligence of God and his glory, you might want to ask Him. If not, you do not need to argue, but if you are disclosed to religion, I am not here to tell you what to do.

Squirtgun, B****!

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 22:33:08 Reply

At 4/12/13 03:44 PM, FrozenFire wrote: Atheist.

I associated Jesus and God with Santa and the Easter Bunny as a kid. I was always skeptical of their existence, and when I confirmed the last two to be a hoax I just assumed I was right on all counts.

Then I went to a camp with all my friends, and we had bible study for like an hour every day. I didn't want to ruin it for them so I just kept my mouth shut, but then I realized even the 18 year old counselors still believed in this nonsense so I took a much deeper look and still came to the same conclusion.

My parents taught Sunday school, I went to bible schools, I've read the bible..

All I've really learned throughout my life is how superior our species wants to feel towards others. Big dick syndrome.

Maybe it's only you haven't seen the ways of God that make you understand clearly, not an uncommon thing for many people, including adults, us Christians sometimes just assume others are Christian, sadly, we never bring it out of the church, and it's not just stories of miracles either, it's the way of enlightenment, forgiveness, grace, glory, and eternity.

I may sound crazy, but some people focus on the wrong things in Christianity, if you are willing to talk about it, PM me. What is also great about it, it not only helps you know about God's story, as the creator, but helps your morals, too, the Gospel is not called the "Good News" for no reason, because that is what is stated, it is good for everything.

Squirtgun, B****!

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 22:37:23 Reply

At 4/11/13 01:21 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Jews are superior.

Bow down to your Jewish overlords.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 23:31:21 Reply

OP's passive aggresive "burning in hell is your choice. still love you" undertones creep me out

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-12 23:46:01 Reply

At 4/11/13 12:00 AM, HighWay wrote: i was raised catholic but i don't practice anymore.

Same goes for me. It seems most people I know sort of fall into the category of being raised on religion, then drifting out of it as they grow older.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:23:37 Reply

At 4/12/13 05:06 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote: Who here, on Newgrounds, can say with confidence that they are a Christian?
What is your problem with people believing what they like? Why is it a bad thing to say with confidence? religionist prick.

I don't have a problem with it, but I don't have a perception, either. You don't know how dark a room is until you walk into it, hmmm? It's not a bad thing to say something in confidence, I believe it's a good thing to, for if you are not sure of what you are and have, you do not have it and aren't of it. I know this would eventually cause people to be against me, but I'm not going to be feeding the spark that may burn my house down, of course. Do you not agree?

Squirtgun, B****!

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:26:12 Reply

At 4/12/13 05:34 PM, Dragen wrote:

Are there really any Christianson here? It doesn't make sense on a site like this.

There are Christians in China, more of a percentage than in the United States, and it is illegal there. Light does not come to a place absent of light for no reason, I only felt like bringing support to those who may shed light, and to seek out ones who are willing to.

Squirtgun, B****!

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:26:34 Reply

I'm half Christian half atheist.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:29:39 Reply

Not trying to start a flame war with the following comment. Just something to think about if you are Christian.

It's one thing to actually be Christian because you believe it is the correct way of life. But it's another thing to say you are Christian because your parents tell you to be, and at the same time believe things like homosexuality and abortion to be ok. That just shows that you are brainwashed and are blindly following.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off (which I likely did) but it just really, really bothers me when someone claims to be a Christian and completely goes against all of the beliefs of Christianity at the same time.

ruinitforme
ruinitforme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:33:34 Reply

At 4/13/13 12:26 AM, CoolBerries wrote:

There are Christians in China, more of a percentage than in the United States, and it is illegal there. Light does not come to a place absent of light for no reason, I only felt like bringing support to those who may shed light, and to seek out ones who are willing to.

You have really made an ass of yourself. You obviously do not know scripture at all at need to read the verse about judging others. You come to Newgrounds of all places with your trendy cross icon, bible thumping and talking out of your ass. You type of people make real Christians look bad, and you should be ashamed.

sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:39:21 Reply

At 4/13/13 12:26 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I'm half Christian half atheist.

what

BBS Signature
CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:43:52 Reply

At 4/13/13 12:33 AM, ruinitforme wrote:
At 4/13/13 12:26 AM, CoolBerries wrote:

You have really made an ass of yourself. You obviously do not know scripture at all at need to read the verse about judging others. You come to Newgrounds of all places with your trendy cross icon, bible thumping and talking out of your ass. You type of people make real Christians look bad, and you should be ashamed.

I am ashamed that people are doing nothing of Christianity like you, who are selfish enough to keep your own belief in secret, for Jesus told us to spread the good news to all people, and if you were to look at any other of my icons, this one is just like the others. And, if I am truly making Christians look bad, it is from what I am doing right now, not from my intentions. Did you know Jesus was thought the same exact way? He was a "Disgrace to the Jewish", and people doubted him from when he was born, to when he died AND when he rose again, but my question is, am I your stereotype or your first sight?

Squirtgun, B****!

CoolBerries
CoolBerries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:50:35 Reply

At 4/13/13 12:29 AM, mothballs wrote: Not trying to start a flame war with the following comment. Just something to think about if you are Christian.

It's one thing to actually be Christian because you believe it is the correct way of life. But it's another thing to say you are Christian because your parents tell you to be, and at the same time believe things like homosexuality and abortion to be ok. That just shows that you are brainwashed and are blindly following.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off (which I likely did) but it just really, really bothers me when someone claims to be a Christian and completely goes against all of the beliefs of Christianity at the same time.

Would it be a sin, disobeyment, or misunderstoodment if a Christian didn't mind Gay Marriage, though? Sex and living are two different things, if I am correct, and I am actually asking you this, for I think it is a people's choice of what they do, and whether they want God to forgive them or not is also their's and their's only choice. I, for example, am not against Gay Marriage, it may be a sin for homosexuallity to take place in one, but I do not think one should not have rights to. May we talk about this on PM? this is a difficult subject to publicity, but I understand what you are saying.

Squirtgun, B****!

ruinitforme
ruinitforme
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Christianity. 2013-04-13 00:55:01 Reply

At 4/13/13 12:43 AM, CoolBerries wrote:
At 4/13/13 12:33 AM, ruinitforme wrote:
I am ashamed that people are doing nothing of Christianity like you, who are selfish enough to keep your own belief in secret, for Jesus told us to spread the good news to all people, and if you were to look at any other of my icons, this one is just like the others. And, if I am truly making Christians look bad, it is from what I am doing right now, not from my intentions. Did you know Jesus was thought the same exact way? He was a "Disgrace to the Jewish", and people doubted him from when he was born, to when he died AND when he rose again, but my question is, am I your stereotype or your first sight?

Jesus also said to not cast your pearls to swine, lest they be trampled up. What he meant was there is a time and a place for everything, and not to go sharing the gospel with people who don't want to hear it in the first place. I never said anything about your intentions, but you should really take some time to learn the Bible thoroughly before trying to spread it.

sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature