New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaptainCornhole
CaptainCornhole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 22:35:09 Reply

At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.

ME3's ending was brilliant, quit complaining.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-07 22:59:35 Reply

Sonic 06 was already terrible from the start, but the ending was one of the most enraging things I've ever seen. Sonic, Shadow and Silver all beat the tits out of Solaris and then all of a sudden Sonic and Elise are standing in front of the flame that is Solaris's true form. Elise blows out the fucking flame, completely resetting the entirety of existence. Meaning none of the bullshit I went through really happened. Fuck.

BenjaminTibbetts
BenjaminTibbetts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 01:03:50 Reply

At 2/5/13 12:43 PM, ZJ wrote: NES games were the worst.

Yeah. I submit the ending to Final Fantasy 1--long, boring and badly translated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKdZJ4eCvY

BBS Signature
HatefulCactus
HatefulCactus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 01:59:31 Reply

Clive Barker's Jericho

Feel My Hate

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 03:06:06 Reply

At 2/7/13 10:35 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote:
At 2/3/13 09:28 PM, chillbro wrote: What's the worst video game ending you've ever seen( besides Mass Effect 3's ending)? The worst I've seen is the ending of Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu on NES.

NES endings were brilliant because they were bad. It's like the worse they were, the more entertaining they were to watch. They also often had a simplicity that new games don't. Every ending was like a creative experiment.

Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 04:30:04 Reply

I dont remember which game it is but theres a game where the protagonist turns back time to the beginning of the game so that the events of the game never took place and everything restarts.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

lightofdark
lightofdark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 05:10:10 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:53 PM, kmau wrote:
At 2/5/13 01:35 PM, Cootie wrote: The main story is never the best part of an Elder Scrolls game though.
The problem is that Bethesda doesn't really improve because the fanbase accepts their shortcomings. You could say The Elder Scrolls is about walking the road and not about reaching the end, but Mass Effect has this philosophy too and here everyone throws a fit over the ending.

One of the big differences though is Bethesda games come with a huge modding community to the point where in general if you don't like something about the game you can either change it to something you do like yourself or find someone already doing it, if you buy a Bethesda game your generally buying a platform that you can find a helluva lot of extra stuff for. Granted Bethesda should still learn but that I believe is why people are generally more accepting (plus the journey is generally fairly awesome and again highly customizable)

As for endings I feel were pretty terrible... hmmm hard to say I forget most... FF13-2 definitely put a wrinkle in my forehead and I was one of those who actually enjoyed the game, and I'm talking even the extended ending... all that work through the game and you STILL end up basically loosing/it being all a fricken dream style.

But yeah any ending that nullifies all the work you did during the actual game is terrible, I don't feel I've accomplished anything if I spent a week playing a game just to be told it was all a dream, no matter how enjoyable the gameplay is I still want my feelgood fix with a false sense of accomplishment damnit!

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 07:40:25 Reply

At 2/8/13 05:10 AM, lightofdark wrote:
As for endings I feel were pretty terrible... hmmm hard to say I forget most... FF13-2 definitely put a wrinkle in my forehead and I was one of those who actually enjoyed the game, and I'm talking even the extended ending... all that work through the game and you STILL end up basically loosing/it being all a fricken dream style.

But yeah any ending that nullifies all the work you did during the actual game is terrible, I don't feel I've accomplished anything if I spent a week playing a game just to be told it was all a dream, no matter how enjoyable the gameplay is I still want my feelgood fix with a false sense of accomplishment damnit!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was just sequel-bait for a trilogy, despite Square's claims that Final Fantasy XIII didn't solve anything, they're either lying or deluded. It wrapped up everything that needed wrapped up, Lightning was happy, Snow and Serah were reunited, Sazh got his son back, Hope is free to reconcile with his dad properly and Vanille and Fang managed to stop Cocoon's fall by their own choice. Everything was done and dusted, it should have been left there rather than throw in the completely pointless sequel filled with time travel and all sorts of nonsense.

lightofdark
lightofdark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 09:05:20 Reply

At 2/8/13 07:40 AM, VoidForce wrote:
At 2/8/13 05:10 AM, lightofdark wrote:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was just sequel-bait for a trilogy, despite Square's claims that Final Fantasy XIII didn't solve anything, they're either lying or deluded. It wrapped up everything that needed wrapped up, Lightning was happy, Snow and Serah were reunited, Sazh got his son back, Hope is free to reconcile with his dad properly and Vanille and Fang managed to stop Cocoon's fall by their own choice. Everything was done and dusted, it should have been left there rather than throw in the completely pointless sequel filled with time travel and all sorts of nonsense.

true, the idea behind -2 was initially more to release a game with ff13's quite amazing setting that fixed some of the major flaws of the first (as in the complete linearness of the first) and I personally enjoyed the gameplay and if they'd had a system like that for the first Im sure it would have done a lot better with the critics than it did, as a game I loved it, but they really should have thought more about the story they were pulling apart :/

But of course its not the only game with similiarly terrible ending just the most recent one to stick in my mind for the whole "all the stuff you just did never happened" idiocy

Madjasper1
Madjasper1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 10:34:13 Reply

I've said how good these games are and how much I like them, but the WWE games are so predictable and it pisses me off.

Signature by Chdonga

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 12:18:01 Reply

Indigo Prohpecy
Fable 2
Final Fantasy X

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 14:30:15 Reply

At 2/3/13 10:09 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

Press one of four buttons, then watch some stock footage while Jensen monologues about how great he is.

But the point of the four endings is that you choose them, it's fantastic. Rather than the traditional multiple endings of a game where your weak "good" or "bad" choices change the outcome, in DXHR you've been taking part in a world going through this ethical debate of human augmentation, and at the end the choice comes down to you the player, and your opinion on the issue that has built up over the course of the game.
It's genius, but requires a certain amount of brain power in order to be an effective ending to some people.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 15:25:50 Reply

At 2/8/13 09:05 AM, lightofdark wrote: true, the idea behind -2 was initially more to release a game with ff13's quite amazing setting that fixed some of the major flaws of the first

Honestly, I believe it was about the money. The gameplay was improved a bit though and I did thoroughly enjoy capturing different creatures to use in my party which wouldn't itself have fit in XIII.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 16:05:12 Reply

God of War 3. " Oh Kratos, you had this power inside you all along, the most powerful thing ever. "...

Me: I swear to god if its something cheesy...

" Hope. You fought with hope the whole time "

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 16:18:11 Reply

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the rushed ending of Saints Row 3 yet.

In the ending you're basically given two options. Either you save Shaundi, a character who stood by your side since Saints Row 2 and you let the ''Antagonist'' Killbane escape or you let Shaundi die in exchange to kill Killbane, an Antagonist who hasn't done anything very much wrong apart from being egocentric and teaming-up with the MAIN antagonist who dies at the beginning of the game.

I don't blame Volition though, with the late THQ being the publisher.

OrgasmSquid
OrgasmSquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-08 17:17:24 Reply

I haven't played it, but the 100% completion ending from final fantasy X2. You talk to everybody in the game and your rewarded with this:

Worst Ending You've Seen

RE-Uploader8
RE-Uploader8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-09 04:26:01 Reply

The ending in The first jak and daxter game was ok, but it was more basic than i thought and that game is like a Jr. RPG.

But over all it was a excellent game from my child hood, loved it alot.

"Having known you're a grade A jackass, i'll still give you my money."-Sifraudmis (friend)

BBS Signature
chillbro
chillbro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-13 00:09:37 Reply

At 2/7/13 10:35 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote:

I wasn't complaining. I haven't even seen that game's ending to be honest. I just put that because I expected a flood of people to say Mass Effect 3.

Hello there, I am Dr. Fuck You

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-13 00:32:47 Reply

"Super Mario Bros 2" It was all a dream. And it wasn't even a real Mario game for us in the states..

K1LL80Y
K1LL80Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-13 22:12:16 Reply

The ending to leons story in resident evil 2 was very sudden and just confusing.

Not confusing to what's going on, but confusing in a way of "wait really? why is it over now?"

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-15 21:54:09 Reply

At 2/3/13 10:09 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

Press one of four buttons, then watch some stock footage while Jensen monologues about how great he is.

I watch Zero Punctuation too.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-15 22:30:59 Reply

Assassin's Creed III. *Desmond touches the glowing thing* then INSTA-KILL.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
MattTheHeadBanger
MattTheHeadBanger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 02:07:36 Reply

Far Cry 3. Although one ending is good until you get ultra stabbed

I'm back. Call the Police

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 03:03:06 Reply

At 2/4/13 06:37 PM, Painbringer wrote: The ending to SWKOTOR II: The Sith Lords didn't make much sense since the game is unfinished.

How is it unfinished ?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-16 03:06:58 Reply

At 2/7/13 11:48 AM, darkjam wrote: The original Assassins Creed and Halo 2.

Assassin's Creed always gets mentionned :P

At 2/5/13 12:43 PM, ZJ wrote: NES games were the worst.

You also managed to single out some of the worst games of the NES. If the game sucked... what else could you expect from the ending ?

Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-17 00:35:10 Reply

At 2/4/13 07:47 PM, kmau wrote: The final moments of Skyrim.. oh hey a dragon.. that acts like all the others.. oh and there's a bunch of immortal npcs to help me.. great. Final battle aside the story was lackluster overall and played out exactly as you expected it - the worst kind of ending in my opinion.

Have you played Oblivion? Pretty much the same thing if i recall. I think the point of the game is more side quests and exploring anyway, they got the story across fine so i dont really care.

Resident Evil 4 takes it for me. Ooh riding off into the sunset on a jetski. How fucking romantic. Good thing that game was pure awesome or else i would hate it.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Worst Ending You've Seen 2013-02-17 00:38:41 Reply

Also, Assassins creed 3. Terrible end, to a pretty bad game. How does Ubi go from AC2 to that?

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature