00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Aura

884 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Writing Aura 2013-01-30 15:56:02

Hey guys! We saw how many people were looking for writers in the collabinator and it reminded me of something I wanted to do to celebrate the launch of the NG Writing Anthology but it ended up on the backburner...

Check your profile info, the AURA dropdown in particular. You can now set your aura to Writer or Reader! It also uses the color that has been set aside for the hope of the Lit Portal.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-30 16:29:50

This is pretty cool! I know its not major but maybe it can produce so good publicity for the writing forum. We just have to take it where we can. And im still praying to no end that a writing portal will be set up!

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-30 16:36:28

At 1/30/13 04:29 PM, TheInnerScience wrote: This is pretty cool! I know its not major but maybe it can produce so good publicity for the writing forum. We just have to take it where we can. And im still praying to no end that a writing portal will be set up!

It's exciting to see the aura in action!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-30 23:42:09

Sweet Tom! I wish I wasn't a musician at heart so I could try out this Writer aura.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 00:06:02

Great to see writers getting some recognition on NG! I would be glad to participate in the literature portal if and when it does come out!

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 00:17:53

Hot Diggity Damn! Thanks Tom!

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 03:42:42

Nice addition! Still wish the title could be separate from the color though, or that the original aura titles were added to the list. I liked just being Neutral. But I suppose that's never going to happen? Custom titles for site supporters maybe? That would be cool.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 08:49:49

The new aura is very nice, are these little additions that make unique Newgrounds!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 13:53:56

At 1/30/13 03:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: It also uses the color that has been set aside for the hope of the Lit Portal.

Is the Lit Portal coming soon then? The waiting is the hardest part.

Response to Writing Aura 2013-01-31 23:34:29

Very cool indeed! Although, sometimes I wish you could weild dual auras. Or maybe like a jack-of-all-trades type of aura would be fitting for some. Not really for me because I don't do animation but I could easily toggle through a few different auras that would suit me.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-02 02:08:24

Glad to see you haven't given up on us yet, Tom!

When I got outside, the purple fog was spreading. I covered my nose and mouth, and ran home.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-02 06:40:00

At 2/2/13 02:08 AM, tinytim12 wrote: Glad to see you haven't given up on us yet, Tom!

Between the collabinator and auras we managed to make some good progress with raising the visibility of writers this week. More to come!

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-02 07:55:03

Nothing will beat games, although I was almost tempted to switch to reader.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-02 21:05:10

At 1/30/13 03:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hey guys! We saw how many people were looking for writers in the collabinator and it reminded me of something I wanted to do to celebrate the launch of the NG Writing Anthology but it ended up on the backburner...

Check your profile info, the AURA dropdown in particular. You can now set your aura to Writer or Reader! It also uses the color that has been set aside for the hope of the Lit Portal.

This is good, I was upset to not have a writing aura earlier, artist was good but I do prefer being classified more specifically as a writer.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-03 05:39:15

At 2/2/13 06:40 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/2/13 02:08 AM, tinytim12 wrote: Glad to see you haven't given up on us yet, Tom!
Between the collabinator and auras we managed to make some good progress with raising the visibility of writers this week. More to come!

You sure have been up to a lotlately!

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-04 04:38:11

I can already feel the radiant glow of all those fancy writer's auras shine on me like a thousand burning suns

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-04 15:46:49

Awesome! Can't wait to see what comes up in the future lit portal.

"I am a part of all that I have met."- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Response to Writing Aura 2013-02-06 15:38:59

At 1/30/13 03:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check your profile info, the AURA dropdown in particular. You can now set your aura to Writer or Reader! It also uses the color that has been set aside for the hope of the Lit Portal.

Yeah, but I can't set it to that, as I'm a moderator. I'm tempted to quit, just to get the Turquoise :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature