00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bottled Water vs Tap Water

3,808 Views | 51 Replies

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 05:44:37

I only buy bottled water when I can't find tap water anywhere. It's kind of dumb to pay for water when you can get it for free.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 08:40:39

At 1/24/13 05:52 AM, Sekhem wrote: trust me

oh, alright.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 16:14:34

If your tap water doesn't taste good just get something like a Brita water pitcher to keep in the fridge.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 16:29:07

I filter my tap water with a Brita pitcher. That's how most students I know get their drinking water, it tastes great and is much cheaper than bottled.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 16:37:43

I guess it depends on where you live, but the tap water where I am is pretty much equal to the bottled which is good since I pretty much only drink water.
I only buy bottled water when I need something to-go.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 16:39:51

Bottle water is expensive and tap water is gross. So I don't even know man.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 18:31:13

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 18:46:23

I drink from stagnant water puddles.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 18:49:50

At 1/24/13 04:39 PM, koopahermit wrote: Bottle water is expensive and tap water is gross. So I don't even know man.

Pour the bottled water down the drain. Problem solved.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 19:56:37

Good to know we all have opinions on the quality of water. o_o

At 1/23/13 06:32 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: What about living off seltzer water and pomegranate juice, then?

I'm not sure how to respond to that.

At 1/23/13 07:15 PM, Diablifrit wrote: Bottled Tears of Orphan Children!

That would probably waste a lot of time and resources.

At 1/23/13 10:21 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Why pay a ridiculous amount more for the same water?

Not everyone has glorious tap water, but I guess we're all from different parts of the world so some/most of us haven't gone through that.

At 1/24/13 03:51 AM, Tstelie wrote: i only drink water that been filtered to contain 0-5ppm dissolved solids

the limit for nominera lbottled water is 300+

Can't say I ever examined a bottle of water that closely.

At 1/24/13 04:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: If your tap water doesn't taste good just get something like a Brita water pitcher to keep in the fridge.

A Brita water pitcher? I'll have to do a Google Search.

At 1/24/13 04:29 PM, Saen wrote: I filter my tap water with a Brita pitcher. That's how most students I know get their drinking water, it tastes great and is much cheaper than bottled.

Sounds like there's a bunch of different types of water filters. Brita water pitchers =/= Purifiers, or are they essentially the same thing in price and function?

At 1/24/13 04:37 PM, Havegum wrote: I guess it depends on where you live, but the tap water where I am is pretty much equal to the bottled which is good since I pretty much only drink water.

My water's not bad enough that I'd say it tastes like garbage. It's this white foam that forms on the top that concerns me. It's got something of a metallic taste, but we've been drinking it so long it's become a non-issue.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 20:07:20

Filtering tap water isn't good for you, to all those who have mentioned it. Those filtering systems you can buy take out all the minerals and salts etc. from the tap water which are good for you and leave you with very unhealthy water. The water you drink after all those filterings actually costs you more minerals and salt to drink including the waster afterwards than you get from the water itself.

If you are going to drink water, either have spring water or tap water, don't filter it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 20:09:21

Most bottled water comes from the municipal tap anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 20:46:37

Tap water in my area tastes like shit, also he fluoride is calcifying my Pineal.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 20:50:48

The only bottled water I drink is spring water ~~~~~~

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-24 21:22:02

At 1/24/13 07:56 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: It's this white foam that forms on the top that concerns me. It's got something of a metallic taste, but we've been drinking it so long it's become a non-issue.

It's most likely just from calcium and magnesium being in your water, hard water is pretty common but it's nothing that would bother you health wise unless it has extremely high amounts, which I imagine is pretty rare. It's more a problem for your fixtures than anything else, like getting a calcium build up in your shower head which fucks up the way it sprays.

At 1/24/13 08:07 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Filtering tap water isn't good for you, to all those who have mentioned it. Those filtering systems you can buy take out all the minerals and salts etc. from the tap water which are good for you and leave you with very unhealthy water.

A lack of minerals in no way makes water unhealthy, less nutritious maybe, but not unhealthy. Honestly, I don't think the minerals in tap water are really much of a factor in choosing whether or not to filter the water. The minerals in tap water generally come in pretty low amounts and it's nothing you can't get from a lot of the foods you eat. Of course a little more minerals certainly isn't a bad thing, but for those who don't care for the taste of their tap water, getting some sort of water purification/filtration system isn't a bad option.

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-25 04:44:18

nobody mentioned the environmental impact of all the plastics in water bottles. tap water is the same fucking drink but less polluting and far cheaper. the choice is obvious. bottled water is for morons. spell 'evian' backwards.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-25 04:48:09

http://thegoodhuman.com/2008/12/29/10-reasons-to-stop-drinki ng-bottled-water/

It can take nearly 7 times the amount of water in the bottle to actually make the bottle itself.
On a weekly basis, 37,800 18-wheelers are driving around the country delivering water.
88% of empty plastic water bottles in the United States are not recycled. The Container Recycling Institute says that plastic water bottles are disposed of (not recycled) at the rate of 30 million a day.
Plastic bottles can leach chemicals into the water if left in the sun, heated up, or reused several times.
Production of the plastic (PET or polyethylene) bottles to meet our demand for bottled water takes the equivalent of about 17.6 million barrels of oil (not including transportation costs). That equals the amount of oil required to fuel more than one million vehicles in the U.S. each year. Around the world, bottling water uses about 2.7 million tons of plasticâEU¦each year.

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-01-25 09:37:25

At 1/24/13 09:22 PM, chiefindomer wrote:
At 1/24/13 08:07 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Filtering tap water isn't good for you, to all those who have mentioned it. Those filtering systems you can buy take out all the minerals and salts etc. from the tap water which are good for you and leave you with very unhealthy water.
A lack of minerals in no way makes water unhealthy, less nutritious maybe, but not unhealthy.

Honestly, I don't think the minerals in tap water are really much of a factor in choosing whether or not to filter the water. The simple fact of the matter is you lose minerals and salts from drinking such filtered water which you wouldn't from the tap water. If you were to drink nothing but that water you wouldn't be doing your body any favours, and if you also obsess over removing salts from your food etc. as so many people are then it really will become unhealthy. Most people seem to not understand that small quantities of such things are very healthy for the body and required.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-07-26 15:52:35

I don't drink bottled water because its so expensive, bad for the enviornment and I have heard it is no different from tap water. I do use a water filter though to remove any contaminates from the water. I just found this cool reusable filter that you can take with you on the go. Its called WaterBean. It is a reusable water filter that fits into any water bottle, allowing you to have clean water anywhere you go. Plus its cheap! Starting at only $12. The filters last up to three months and the use of one WaterBean can save 280 bottles from ending up in landfills each year. Check it out http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/waterbean

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-07-27 04:27:33

At 1/22/13 07:01 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: Ewgh, tap water's so gross. And making Kool-Aid with it leaves this white residue on the top while the powder mixes. And there's all this controversy about the germs that dwell in tap water.

...but living on bottled water is just so prudish. Yes, it looks cleaner and I always see interviewees carrying them, but how would you respond if you were at a friend's house and saw their basement filled with Poland Springs.

tap water in bathrooms is bad but in the kitchin its ok and the only bottled water i drink is fizzy watter

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-07-27 05:32:13

Tap water is free.
Bottle water you pay for.
They taste the same.
They are as healthy as each other.
Tap water wins. Fatality.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature

Response to Bottled Water vs Tap Water 2013-07-27 05:41:47

I recycle my plastic bottles that I use to get tap water with.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature