Be a Supporter!

What is so bad about Nu Metal?

  • 456 Views
  • 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:23:29 Reply

I don't get why people hate it and think it's emo shit, this is a pretty good album, and is nu metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rum0ay7hN0k


BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:28:39 Reply

Tend to be poor and aimed at teenagers.

naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:29:32 Reply

I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.


BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:29:42 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:28 PM, ScarletVelvet wrote: Tend to be poor and aimed at teenagers.

if it sounds good idgaf


BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Gamer
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:29:54 Reply

Be right back, getting my popcorn for the show. Music discussion on here (especially about a controversial genre like Nu Metal) is a bloodbath.

I like some, not all Nu Metal. I like Korn, LP, so forth, but hate Limp Dick. Yes, I seem to live in the past, which is strange, considering Nu Metal wasn't my generation, I came a little late.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:30:03 Reply

The fact that it exists.

What is so bad about Nu Metal?


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:31:16 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:29 PM, naronic wrote: I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.

There are some weak tracks in this album, but there are like 4 or 5 really good ones.

Youth Of The Nation is the best one.


BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:37:26 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:29 PM, naronic wrote: I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.

What, you mean this?


BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:44:12 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:29 PM, naronic wrote: I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.

Nu-metal =/= metal and that's why I prefer using alternative names for it, such as aggro rock, aggressive rock or mallcore.

Plus, a fair amount of it just doesn't sound very tolerable on its own. Even when I was a teenager, I felt that way. The general nu-metal fanbase is a whole other story that I just won't get into here.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 19:45:30 Reply

One reason is that half of them are bad. The other is because it's trendy to hate things for no reason.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 20:23:41 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:45 PM, jjjkuk wrote: One reason is that half of them are bad. The other is because it's trendy to hate things for no reason.

Most sound like shit.


BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 20:36:36 Reply

Depends on your definition of nu metal, I guess. Most nu metal bands are hit or miss for me. Korn, for instance has some good songs, but most I don't care for. The inverse is true for System of a Down. Even Limp Bizkit has a few songs I enjoy.

I guess the biggest reason I don't listen to nu metal more is that it simply doesn't interest me, musically or lyrically. I tend to prefer a variety of styles, which is why I enjoy folk metal so much (varies from country to country). As far as lyrics go, the amount of general complaining or angst just doesn't resonate with me. Not that I'm an angry person, but I'd rather listen to a band with kickass instrumentals and ignore the subject matter.


If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 21:43:11 Reply

I don't personally enjoy it.

At all. Any of it.


BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 21:44:43 Reply

Nothing that I can hear.


BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 21:46:18 Reply

Son we've had this discussion before.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 21:48:07 Reply

At 1/14/13 07:29 PM, naronic wrote: I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.

Nu metal isnt even metal so you can continue hating all metal if you want.

Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-14 22:00:47 Reply

The only nu-metal I like s the odd Deftones song. That's about it.


BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 15:50:15 Reply

Nu metal is tolerable for my taste. Even Machine Head made it sound pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQWu8IE-b6A

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Artist
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:28:39 Reply

the rapping
oh god the rapping

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:29:57 Reply

One of the members from black veil bride is so girly and fuckable


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:30:28 Reply

At 1/15/13 04:28 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: the rapping
oh god the rapping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:30:47 Reply

The biggest thing that bothers me about it is how people continue to think that it's metal. Of course I can respect it more than pop, but when I hear people say "OMG GUYZ SLIPKNOT IZ SUCH BR00TAL METAL GUYZ" there's no way I can't be bothered by that amount of ignorance.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:31:21 Reply

Some nu metal is okay (like maybe a few bands), but in general it's an overproduced genre. It's basically the pop of metal.

At 1/15/13 04:28 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: the rapping
oh god the rapping

Also this.

At 1/14/13 07:29 PM, naronic wrote: I hate all metal equally but this definitely sounds better than some of the metal I've heard.

Naronic is moronic.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to What is so bad about Nu Metal? 2013-01-15 16:35:37 Reply

At 1/15/13 04:30 PM, mothballs wrote: The biggest thing that bothers me about it is how people continue to think that it's metal.

A bad subgenre of metal is still metal. I don't like nu metal but it's kind of hard to call it anything else.

Of course I can respect it more than pop, but when I hear people say "OMG GUYZ SLIPKNOT IZ SUCH BR00TAL METAL GUYZ" there's no way I can't be bothered by that amount of ignorance.

Metal isn't necessarily heavy, hard, brutal, or whatever. I get your point though.