00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you remember the "extreme" craze

2,444 Views | 31 Replies

I remember in the 1990s, there are commercials showing skaterkids placing emphasis on "extreme" and all that crap to make the products look cool. I know I actually like some of those products such as "Surge" (remember the caffeine content has nothing to do with it's cancellation, it was the poor sales).

In other words for me, it was the best of times and no so good.

Don't get me started to Gogurt, seriously if you eat with a spoon, you're uncool? Okay...I know the package is much more convienent but that's kind of messed up don't you think?

I know opinion differs so I just want to know your thoughts on this.

That Pepsi commercial with Cuba Gooding Jr, was funny though, too bad he start making questionable choices of films to star in ever since he won that Oscar.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 14:27:18

I can appreciate the 90's even though I wasn't there for very long.

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 14:29:26

At 1/12/13 02:23 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Yeah
I remember all that shit
It was horrible

To make it worse was that often times in the commercial they'll always have a grunge rocking shouting "IT'S EXTREME!!!"

I know there are people still high on nostalgia when it comes to the 1990s, but remembering this kept me from reaching that point since there are still the bad that occurs as well, among other things.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 14:37:40

At 1/12/13 02:32 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:

The only people that harp on about the nineties being great were kids who were too young to truly understand just how shit they were.
I was born in 1987 so it's safe to say my whole childhood was "nineties"-oriented.

Same with me.

There are some of the aspects of that time where I would go, "I can't believe I used to like this crap!"

Some of those kids who have nothing but great memories might have been born in the mid to later part of the decade where they would barely experience the part of the decade and acted like they have been there throughout the time.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 14:43:34

At 1/12/13 02:27 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I can appreciate the 90's even though I wasn't there for very long.

Yeah, I was there when the Zelda rap commercial aired.

Can you also find the original rap commercial for Sonic the Hedgehog?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 15:33:36

My Childhood was in the 2000's, and I don't really remember anything before 2003.

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 15:40:57

At 1/12/13 02:43 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Doritos and Harold and Kumaar come to mind.

That was 2000s, but if that wasn't what you meant then I'm guessing the scene where the two characters encountered the skater kids?

Yeah, it was great when they got framed by Kumar for possession of pot, it was funny.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 15:50:01

I do remember that. Everything was way cooler back then.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 16:00:25

At 1/12/13 03:50 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I do remember that. Everything was way cooler back then.

Good for you, you're probably one of the people who actually loves these kinds of things. The band Nirvana helped with the craze since grunge and extreme tends to mix.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 16:12:13

At 1/12/13 04:00 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/12/13 03:50 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I do remember that. Everything was way cooler back then.
Good for you, you're probably one of the people who actually loves these kinds of things.

I used to love them.

The band Nirvana helped with the craze since grunge and extreme tends to mix.

But I hated Nirvana

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 16:20:30

I think that occured inthe late 90s-early 2000s when I was a kid. Cant say I bought into any of those things. I was really into skateboards though. The point was you always had to be active. Always on the move. So it would be uncool to be sitting on your ass slopping food in your mouth. We could use a bit of that nowadays. When emo came in kids starting getting lazy and whiney again. Now theyre all up dancing around, running around with their phones being douches so maybe that will help.

The band Nirvana helped with the craze since grunge and extreme tends to mix.
But I hated Nirvana

No they were all about being lazy ass potheads.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 16:26:38

At 1/12/13 04:20 PM, JBK wrote: I think that occured inthe late 90s-early 2000s when I was a kid. Cant say I bought into any of those things. I was really into skateboards though. The point was you always had to be active. Always on the move. So it would be uncool to be sitting on your ass slopping food in your mouth. We could use a bit of that nowadays. When emo came in kids starting getting lazy and whiney again. Now theyre all up dancing around, running around with their phones being douches so maybe that will help.

Actually it happened earlier than that where they tends to market products by making it sounds so extreme with grunge playing in the background.

Do you remember Nerf and Supersoaker? The latter was fun for a while but it gets kind of lame sometime afterward. The thing is that for much of the time the commercials and even shows would get caught up in these kinds of stuff.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 16:51:31

Oh god I remember that. It was extreme........ly retarded.
Though I liked a lot of other things that had to do with the 90s since that was a good sized amount of my childhood.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 17:46:44

At 1/12/13 04:51 PM, Viper50 wrote: Oh god I remember that. It was extreme........ly retarded.
Though I liked a lot of other things that had to do with the 90s since that was a good sized amount of my childhood.

Same here, what I missed about the 1990s was mainly the Yankees baseball dynasty and Michael Jordan's playing career among other things (which includes a long list of stuff that happened in my personal life that I remember fondly). At the same time there are also aspects of the decade and things that happened in my personal life that I do not miss.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 23:17:02

At 1/12/13 05:46 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Same here, what I missed about the 1990s was mainly the Yankees baseball dynasty and Michael Jordan's playing career among other things (which includes a long list of stuff that happened in my personal life that I remember fondly). At the same time there are also aspects of the decade and things that happened in my personal life that I do not miss.

I miss WMAC Masters.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-12 23:17:57

Only in the 90's could shooting ball bearings at plastic triangles be so fucking intense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 00:23:39

I was born in 1997, so I can only remember very little. I assume the 90's were awesome because of my brothers. Their childhood and teenage years were 90's oriented and early 2000's oriented. They listened to tons of old music that I was exposed to at a young age, not to mention the hit movies of the time like The Matrix, Billy Madison, and Austin Powers. The whole "extreme" thing brings back a lot of memories about a bunch of really grungie guys who liked skateboarding.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 00:52:50

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:06:22

That went on a ways into the 2000's. It was horrible in retrospect but I guess it worked because I owned moon shoes and sock'em boppers.

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:09:53

XTREEEEMEEEE!!!!

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:12:19

At 1/13/13 12:54 AM, Xenomit wrote: Didn't gogurt come out in like, 2005?

Nah, gogurt was like late 90's.

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:14:26

At 1/13/13 12:23 AM, SpankyG wrote: I was born in 1997, so I can only remember very little. I assume the 90's were awesome because of my brothers. Their childhood and teenage years were 90's oriented and early 2000's oriented. They listened to tons of old music that I was exposed to at a young age, not to mention

I can relate with this mostly but I was born in 91. The 2000s fucking sucked.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:16:16

Yes but barely. I don't watch tv much, I never really liked it.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:23:03

There are still some relics of the old "extreme" phase floating around. Like that Mountain Dew/Doritos Call of Duty promotion. And Newgrounds.com.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:27:37

Who remembers An Extremely Goofy Movie? It was Disney's cash-in on the craze.

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:29:21

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 01:30:10

At 1/13/13 01:27 AM, T3XT wrote: Who remembers An Extremely Goofy Movie? It was Disney's cash-in on the craze.

I remember that, the movie was not so bad.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 02:22:36

This made me think of an retro Caprisun ad when they are skateboarding/biking and suddenly they turned into liquid silver kids and it had that slogan "Liquidy Cool" or some shit

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 02:25:06

At 1/13/13 01:30 AM, Nor wrote:
At 1/13/13 01:27 AM, T3XT wrote: Who remembers An Extremely Goofy Movie? It was Disney's cash-in on the craze.
I remember that, the movie was not so bad.

Lol I loved those movies.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Do you remember the "extreme" craze 2013-01-13 02:29:32

When I first think of the 90s the first thing that comes to mind is the question, "Who loves Orange soda?".