Be a Supporter!

Calling all Hip Hop artists.

  • 1,593 Views
  • 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 01:42:29 Reply

This is a personal favor but I'm making a non profitable CD and just handing them out at random locations where I live. The hip hop community is really strong and it's about time some of us to lend a hand.
I'm asking you all, simply to make a Hip Hop Beat. Any type of Hip Hop, regardless of style.
I'm also asking that we do not fu** up any of the beats just because the CD would be free of charge.
Put some time into it and create something masterful.

I will make sure that the beats would be safe. in other words: the CD would be free but the contents of the CD have all rights reserved. Simply adding a document file to the CD with inclosed copyright information will do.

Guidlines would consider:
____________________________________________________________
_______________
Nothing under 2:00 Minutes of audio on the track.
____________________________________________________________
_______________
Put some T.L.C. into the work you do.
____________________________________________________________
_______________
Maximum amount of songs allowed on CD, (15) Which means I need 15 different artists. (1 beat each)
____________________________________________________________
_______________
Have fun
____________________________________________________________
_______________

Let the community Speak!!!
Let our artists Speak!!!

Deadline: Jan, 10, 13.

Lets show people what newgrounds can offer and let them listen.


BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 02:14:30 Reply

All the Hip Hop Artists hang out in the Hip Hop Club thread. You should try there instead.

montehawks
montehawks
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 03:25:51 Reply

I do however have a hip hop-ish beat that I just finished not too long ago. Little bit of dubstep added in there too for a little flavour. If you need me to take out the vocals I can do that for you. Let me know if this would be something you're interested in adding to your CD.

  • T3ll Th3m H4t4z [dubhop]
    T3ll Th3m H4t4z [dubhop] by montehawks

    Let the dubhop in.

    Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
    134 Views


Like us at: Facebook | Download at: Bandcamp | Watch us at: Youtube

BBS Signature
SquidFurnace
SquidFurnace
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 18:58:48 Reply

If it fits in, feel free to include it.

  • Keep it Together
    Keep it Together by SquidFurnace

    calm cool track

    Score
    3.19 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    108 Views


hi

Zodiax
Zodiax
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 19:26:14 Reply

Sounds like fun. Here's some tracks I'm particularly fond of that I have made.

  • Level UP
    Level UP by Zodiax

    Life is like an RPG, the difference is we can't redo our chances

    Score
    4.15 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    332 Views
  • Modern Samurai
    Modern Samurai by Zodiax

    Modern Samurai

    Score
    4.03 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    296 Views
  • Stepping Up
    Stepping Up by Zodiax

    Step up

    Score
    4.21 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    198 Views
  • Stepping Up
    Stepping Up by Zodiax

    Step up

    Score
    4.21 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    198 Views

Zodiax
Zodiax
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 19:29:41 Reply

Oops, accidentally put the same beat in twice, this is the one I wanted to put in.

  • Who Am I??
    Who Am I?? by Zodiax

    Well who the fuck are you?

    Score
    4.01 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    228 Views

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 19:45:36 Reply

I could make up something for you. PM me.


lel

bpleez
bpleez
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-21 23:12:34 Reply

hey yo ill try to throw some b pleez flavor in it, lets make some music dude

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-22 03:19:51 Reply

Update!!!!! If more then enough people have made a collaboration to this CD, then I could use some left over beats for Bonus Tracks. prolly up to 5 bonus tracks.

Beats that are around 5 minutes long May or May not be a good Idea. I want to keep the length of the beats around 3 1/2 minutes long but I can make exceptions obviously.

If you want to use older beats.... it's still most welcome.

Try to keep the beats Vocal free unless of course the vocals are original and not Sampled from someone elses work. I can't however put those tracks on the CD because copyright issues.

so far I'm really digging some of the style I've heard thus far.
Keep up the amazing work!

For details about the Track list, Just ask away.
I think from my judgment I'll base what I hear from you guys as our artists to see which order I place the tracks on the CD

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:
8th:
9th:
10th:
11th:
12th:
13th:
14th:
15th:

â~¼ - Possible Bonus Tracks -â~¼

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
and so on.


BBS Signature
S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-22 03:21:17 Reply

Once I have enough People I'll post who is all making on the CD.

THANKS PEOPLE OF NEWGROUNDS!!!!


BBS Signature
redskylullaby
redskylullaby
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-23 21:56:26 Reply

I can send you the instrumental of this if it fits

  • Esperanto
    Esperanto by redskylullaby

    Multilingual Hip Hop

    Score
    3.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    52 Views


BBS Signature
Stavier
Stavier
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-24 00:49:54 Reply

This is a new one I just made, nice to relax too, hope you like it!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516090?updated=1

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-26 02:32:40 Reply

At 12/24/12 12:49 AM, Stavier wrote: This is a new one I just made, nice to relax too, hope you like it!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516090?updated=1

Loved it. Nice work. so far this beat is on top as far as style goes. Perfect for the CD. Not excluding other submissions. I'll keep everyone posted here in the next 3-5 days.


BBS Signature
Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Writer
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-26 05:20:44 Reply

At 12/26/12 02:32 AM, S-Rock wrote:
At 12/24/12 12:49 AM, Stavier wrote: This is a new one I just made, nice to relax too, hope you like it!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516090?updated=1
Loved it. Nice work. so far this beat is on top as far as style goes. Perfect for the CD. Not excluding other submissions. I'll keep everyone posted here in the next 3-5 days.

Are you looking for instrumentals only or also rappers/emcees? I'm looking to proliferate some poetry via newgrounds for free.

Calling all Hip Hop artists.

Hikari
Hikari
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-26 09:45:29 Reply

At 12/21/12 01:42 AM, S-Rock wrote: This is a personal favor but I'm making a non profitable CD and just handing them out at random locations where I live. The

http://soundcloud.com/zam-theory/west-side

Im working on this, would this be any thing your looking for?

Hikari
Hikari
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-26 10:44:38 Reply

At 12/26/12 09:45 AM, Tabu112 wrote:
At 12/21/12 01:42 AM, S-Rock wrote:

I hate to double post but here's the newgrounds link.

  • West Side North
    West Side North by Tabu112

    90's music from the 10's of the two-thousand's.

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    1 Views

The soundcloud has the cd quality download.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-26 11:21:10 Reply

Where are all you guys coming from? Join us in the Hip Hop thread!

Hip Hop Producers and Emcees

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2012-12-27 20:57:24 Reply

Are you looking for instrumentals only or also rappers/emcees? I'm looking to proliferate some poetry via newgrounds for free.

I'd appreciate if tracks you're going to submit to be Vocal Free.


BBS Signature
S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-05 17:12:04 Reply

So far there aren't that many beats that have been submitted other then a hand full. I'll put a few of my beats on there but if those of you that have already made beats have any more beats to contribute then feel free.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-05 23:46:27 Reply

Well, people aren't really sure what it is you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to compile an instrumental album? Full of beats that you didn't make? Or are you saving these beats to rap over? What do you plan on doing?

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-06 03:06:25 Reply

At 1/5/13 11:46 PM, Teqneek wrote: Well, people aren't really sure what it is you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to compile an instrumental album? Full of beats that you didn't make? Or are you saving these beats to rap over? What do you plan on doing?

Read through the post before asking more questions that have been answered.


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-06 20:38:29 Reply

At 1/6/13 03:06 AM, S-Rock wrote:
At 1/5/13 11:46 PM, Teqneek wrote: Well, people aren't really sure what it is you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to compile an instrumental album? Full of beats that you didn't make? Or are you saving these beats to rap over? What do you plan on doing?
Read through the post before asking more questions that have been answered.

I read through the post. I wouldn't blindly ask questions.

What you say is incredibly vague and answers nothing. "I'm making a non profitable CD and just handing them out at random locations where I live".
-Okay, fine. Answers nothing that I asked.

"Try to keep the beats Vocal free unless of course the vocals are original and not Sampled from someone elses work. I can't however put those tracks on the CD because copyright issues." Then you keep asking for beats and stress no vocals over and over again.
- Do you want people rapping on this or not? I don't understand. You keep asking for vocal-less beats, but then you say original vocals are fine and it's kind of confusing. Either way, what you said answers nothing.

Nowhere in this thread do you say that A- this will be a cd of just instrumentals, B- you will be rapping over this, or C- other people will be rapping on this.

You can answer my questions now, and please try not to sound like such a douche when you do. I'm sensitive.

ExtraordinaryTerrest
ExtraordinaryTerrest
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-06 21:08:00 Reply

I'd love to contribute to this, but I don't make beats, so I won't.

There's one shitty beat I made on my page. Feel free to use it if you like shitty beats (who doesn't right).


I apologize in advance.

Juicebomb
Juicebomb
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-07 07:25:55 Reply

I'd like to contribute a beat to this, please. I'm going to make something from scratch, but here's an example of what to expect:

  • Close To Snow
    Close To Snow by Juicebomb

    Twinkling pianos, rumbling bass stabs and such.

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
    18 Views

I'll PM you with my contribution in a few hours.

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-10 16:34:12 Reply

At 1/7/13 07:25 AM, Juicebomb wrote: I'd like to contribute a beat to this, please. I'm going to make something from scratch, but here's an example of what to expect:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/517218
I'll PM you with my contribution in a few hours.

Making the CD now.
We got just a handful of tracks but it will do. In a few days I'll post Details about the CD itself. Artists/Track list.
Thanks for the people who helped make this CD even if it isn't anything beneficial!


BBS Signature
S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-12 16:19:37 Reply

At 1/6/13 08:38 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 1/6/13 03:06 AM, S-Rock wrote:
At 1/5/13 11:46 PM, Teqneek wrote: Well, people aren't really sure what it is you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to compile an instrumental album? Full of beats that you didn't make? Or are you saving these beats to rap over? What do you plan on doing?
Read through the post before asking more questions that have been answered.
I read through the post. I wouldn't blindly ask questions.

What you say is incredibly vague and answers nothing. "I'm making a non profitable CD and just handing them out at random locations where I live".
-Okay, fine. Answers nothing that I asked.

"Try to keep the beats Vocal free unless of course the vocals are original and not Sampled from someone elses work. I can't however put those tracks on the CD because copyright issues." Then you keep asking for beats and stress no vocals over and over again.
- Do you want people rapping on this or not? I don't understand. You keep asking for vocal-less beats, but then you say original vocals are fine and it's kind of confusing. Either way, what you said answers nothing.

Nowhere in this thread do you say that A- this will be a cd of just instrumentals, B- you will be rapping over this, or C- other people will be rapping on this.

You can answer my questions now, and please try not to sound like such a douche when you do. I'm sensitive.

Funny how you're the only one who don't get it. Troll somewhere else. if you can't put anything together then you should be in the post getting yourself confused. I have several beats to use and none of them are from you. If you cannot contribute a Track then Contribute your ignorance somewhere else.

If I'm asking for people to make beats for me so I can hand them out... that's all that really needs to be said for people who are willing to help. You're not helping.


BBS Signature
S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-12 16:25:30 Reply

Track list done, Thanks Newgrounds and Thanks to you artists!

1st: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/497333
2st: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/295193
3nd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516090?updated=1
4rd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/477192
5th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516247
6th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/290371
7th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/517238
8th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/515006
9th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/515760
10th: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/508033

Thanks guys! Multiple tracks of the same Artists are on this CD but lack of artists we still managed.
This is the Track list! Enjoy!

I had someone try to buy the CD from me. he insisted but still I refused :P Must be a good CD!!!!


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-14 00:01:27 Reply

Wow what the hell is wrong with you? I wasn't trolling; I was simply asking you to elaborate and you got all defensive and dickish. You never answered me anywhere in this thread up until now.

So you're handing out a cd full of just instrumentals that are made by NG heads. Cool.

Chill the hell out.

S-Rock
S-Rock
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-14 00:20:12 Reply

At 1/14/13 12:01 AM, Teqneek wrote: Wow what the hell is wrong with you? I wasn't trolling; I was simply asking you to elaborate and you got all defensive and dickish. You never answered me anywhere in this thread up until now.

So you're handing out a cd full of just instrumentals that are made by NG heads. Cool.

Chill the hell out.

You can't come at someone the way you did and try to call me out on some nonsense. it's a waste of a post explaining what everyone else understood. Just ask. without being a prick


BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Calling all Hip Hop artists. 2013-01-14 00:26:13 Reply

Where in my first post did I come across as "being a dick"? If you would have answered my SIMPLE question the first time without sounding like a pretentious douche then this dumb ass argument would've been averted. Holy shit I'm done with this ridiculous back and forth.