00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Screamo Club

9,348 Views | 84 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Screamo Club 2012-10-27 23:18:29

Welcome to the Screamo club. This club is for those who are interested in the distorted vocals which is known as Screamo. Screamo is a vocal technique commonly found in most metal bands. Example of screamo are Fry Screaming, Pig Squeeling, Death Growling, False Chords & Inhale. My favorite bands are Asking Alexandria, Capture the Crown, Blessed by a Burden, Emarosa & Whitechapel. I can produce inhale screamo & Fry screaming (exhale).

Good song examples ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRNAkbVoXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJ3i8IAico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkjfaV9k8Q

Requirements ~
Must have a interest in screamo.
Must have respect for rock & metal bands.
Must have a understanding for screamo.
Must have one favorite screamo band. :3

Rules ~
No Disrespect
No Flaming/ Fighting
No Hating

Format ~
Your name
Your favorite screamo band(s)
Your favorite screamo song(s)
Your favorite screamo genre(s)
Your favorite screamo technique(s)
Can you produce screamo?
Are you in a screamo band?
Something else interesting about yourself.

Example ~
Name: Kyle
Favorite Band: Emarosa
Favorite Song: Armageddon
Favorite Genre: Deathmetal & Deathcore
Favorite Technique: Fry Screaming
Scream Vocalist: Yes
Current Band: N/A
About me: I like turtles

Screamo Club

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-27 23:45:07

The best band on the planet is That's Outrageous, period.

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-27 23:53:40

At 10/27/12 11:45 PM, jAvAcOlA wrote: The best band on the planet is That's Outrageous, period.

I just looked up one of their songs. And damn, they are a good band. Obliviate is a good song. Thanks for sharing. You want to join the club? :D

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 00:01:17

At 10/27/12 11:53 PM, Poopwardo wrote:
At 10/27/12 11:45 PM, jAvAcOlA wrote: The best band on the planet is That's Outrageous, period.
I just looked up one of their songs. And damn, they are a good band. Obliviate is a good song. Thanks for sharing. You want to join the club? :D

Yeah I'll be a part, but I'm warning you. The purists are probably going to come in here and bitch that you called it "screamo".

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 00:05:17

At 10/28/12 12:01 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote:
At 10/27/12 11:53 PM, Poopwardo wrote:
Yeah I'll be a part, but I'm warning you. The purists are probably going to come in here and bitch that you called it "screamo".

lolwut? I believe that is what it's called these days. But everyone has their opinions. If they like to refer to it differently then they may. If you'd like to be a part than may you please sign the application form?

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 09:33:16

I like Saetia

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 10:12:29

I like Heaven in Her Arms, a cool mix of post rock, doom metal, ambient and screamo. I like a lot of the post-rock hybrid stuff. Pianos Become the Teeth, City of Caterpillar, Funeral Thirst, and Suis La Lune are some other bands I like.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 12:44:29

All metal bands are welcome as long as they contain the distorted harsh vocals we like to refer to as SCREAMO! :D

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 12:45:48

At 10/28/12 08:09 AM, Scary wrote: screamo is a genre, not a vocal style

also you listed awful bands

It seems we have a troll here...

Firin mah lazer.....

blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 13:40:47

At 10/28/12 12:44 PM, Poopwardo wrote: All metal bands are welcome as long as they contain the distorted harsh vocals we like to refer to as SCREAMO! :D

Screamo is not a vocal style silly. Metal =/= Screamo.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 14:49:16

Check out Jeromes Dream too

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 15:46:06

1. Screamo sucks
2. Those bands are metalcore and deathcore as far as I can tell (which suck so horribly that all metal fans hate them)
3. Metal bands arent screamo, screamo isnt metal
4. I sincerily hope you are trolling

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 15:51:32

At 10/28/12 03:49 PM, Scary wrote: not necessarily

True, true. Havent heard any good though at all oh god.

Ill replace it with "Just because a band screams doesnt mean they are screamo".

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 15:55:33

At 10/27/12 11:18 PM, Poopwardo wrote:
Must have a understanding for screamo.

I'm not sure if you fit the club since you lack one of the requirements.

Maybe you should join this instead.

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:00:11

At 10/28/12 03:58 PM, Scary wrote: why are you agreeing with a statement which directly contradicts the one you just made

Because I didnt mean it literally obviously. What are you the literal genie? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:34:10

At 10/28/12 04:03 PM, Scary wrote: you never mean anything literally apparently which is majorly retarded

its not my fault you are too autistic to understand metaphorical and/or figurative and/or unliteral speech

inb4 "IM NOT AUTISTIC"

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:36:13

At 10/28/12 03:46 PM, BumFodder wrote: 1. Screamo sucks

Well if you don't like it then why are you posting in this thread?
You probably should stop now since you are just derailing it.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:39:22

At 10/28/12 04:37 PM, Scary wrote: god your forum posts are seriously dumb i'm not even joking anymore they downright suck. case in point your contributions to this thread

lol why are you obviously trying to troll me on steam and on ng recently.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:41:21

At 10/28/12 04:40 PM, Scary wrote: i'm being completely serious, they're just awful

Theyre supposed to be awful. Why do you think I would post on such a bad forum in the first place? Do you actually take the forums seriously or something?

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:51:54

At 10/28/12 04:46 PM, Scary wrote: so you're using ironic shitposting as a flimsy cover for genuinely idiotic opinions

I think you should have realised by now that when I say I hate something I dont always literally mean the whole thing. Its not me covering for anything its just your misunderstanding.

including your near bandwagon-tier fetish to post the same unfunny (even by "ironic" standards) quips in any threads close to mentioning apple, music of any variety (about which you are hopelessly clueless) and reddit/4chan

This is exactly the reason why I post such stuff lol

in fact you could be just be some piece of software cooked up to spew the same few buzzwords repeatedly programmed by rummy (who might be the same actually, just throw in "scenekiddie" and "mallcore" and you're good to go)

nah ive always hated mallcore. And there are a lot of things I disagree on with rummy.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 16:55:40

At 10/28/12 12:44 PM, Poopwardo wrote: All metal bands are welcome as long as they contain the distorted harsh vocals we like to refer to as SCREAMO! :D

Screamo isn't a vocal style. It's a musical genre. Screamo and metal are two different things.

At 10/28/12 01:23 PM, Scary wrote: "Screamo is a subgenre of hardcore punk that predominantly evolved from emo, among other genres, in the early 1990s."

not a troll, just correct.

This, exactly.

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 17:11:27

At 10/28/12 04:56 PM, Scary wrote: well don't because it isn't funny to anybody and it isn't true either

Its funny to me because I enjoy any reaction whatsoever. Also its not meant to be funny for anyone else, and I dont see how it is not true.

seriously it is such a cringe seeing some of your posts on the bbs and i knew exactly what you were going to post in this thread and i rolled my eyes before i even read it

I couldnt resist because the first post was so silly

i like you but wow you're just an awful forum poster on this site

I can completely admit I am a bad poster, but dont try to pretend its not on purpose.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 17:22:01

At 10/28/12 04:56 PM, Scary wrote: i like you but wow you're just an awful forum poster on this site

Actually, now I think about it, it is actually quite ironic seeing you post that. Whether I try to post well or not depends on how I feel, but I see you post a lot worse than myself almost all the time. Everytime I see your posts theyre not exactly the pinnacle of quality, and it seems like you make little effort to make it good. I just looked through your history to check if that is true in general and I can see it pretty much is.

It seems more like youre treating the forum as an im service or an imageboard than a forum most of the time, and I cant really see how you can justify it seeing as you are critisizing posts which I make for my own amusement sometimes, and I dont even do it all the time. And now you are refusing to believe I do them for my own amusement even though I am doing the same thing over and over. I dont really see how this makes sense.

At 10/28/12 05:18 PM, Scary wrote:
At 10/28/12 05:11 PM, BumFodder wrote: I can completely admit I am a bad poster, but dont try to pretend its not on purpose.
thats even worse, tbh

Well, sometimes I do try to make good posts and sometimes I I try to make bad posts. Its just depends on how I feel and its a very conscious decision.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 17:27:07

Also when I use language which makes it look as if Im on about all instances of something, Im rarely every being completely literal about it. Also I cant remember what thats called, what is it called again?

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 18:36:24

At 10/28/12 05:47 PM, Scary wrote: my posts are short and aimed as punchlines or alternately quick replies in a social manner with other close users

It doesnt seem like that at all.

but i don't repeat the same ironic shitposts consistently

You already know the only 3 I do consistently. Other than theres nothing really.

i mean we all indulge in it time to time but consciously posting something you know is terrible not just occasionally but on a regular basis is just obnoxious

I dont exactly do it enough for it to matter on the whole. I only do it when theyre brought up which is usually 1-3 times a week.

particularly pertaining to the same thing (Apple, Reddit, certain music - in which you repeat the same tired paragraphs of misguided cynicism with close-minded sweeping statements which you claim aren't literal when challenged and yet cannot back up your individual points convincingly without spamming 'autist' or even worse the infamous 'lol')

If you know im writing the same things on purpose over and over then why are you complaining about them? You know im not actually being serious. Yes I dont like those things but when they come up I cant help but make fun of it in a stupid way.

Also the literal thing is completely different, and yes it is because you are taking non-literal statements literally. If I said I hated all cats would you take it literally? Also I never spam autist, and I genuinely am amused enough to type 'lol' a lot.

i am guilty of some of this but a) not this extent + on the same subjects b) i'm tired of it and changing whereas you never seem to

You do it all the time which I would say is worse. You seem to be annoyed because maybe those topics have come up more recently for some reason so I have been doing it more. Thats completely aside the point though, as you are completely blowing it out of proportion and are making it seem like I do it almost every post. And from what you have been typing, you claim to not be taking it seriously, but then I read this paragraph:

particularly pertaining to the same thing (Apple, Reddit, certain music - in which you repeat the same tired paragraphs of misguided cynicism with close-minded sweeping statements which you claim aren't literal when challenged and yet cannot back up your individual points convincingly without spamming 'autist' or even worse the infamous 'lol')

and its obvious you do. Do you or dont you? Because ive told you im not actually being serious but you typing like I am.

This is just an overblown load of crap about something I dont even do much, that seems to bother you massively for no apparent reason. If you already know the 3 then why complain about it as if im serious? From that whole paragraph where you brought up autist (which I rarely ever type) and lol, you seem really really bothered by it and I dont really see why, and you even went to the trouble of analyzing it as if im serious when you know im not.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 19:12:26

At 10/28/12 06:47 PM, Scary wrote: i'm just tired of it honestly, i'm tired of a lot of stuff on ng general nowadays. whether you're serious or not it grates upon me either way because one is genuinely worrying opinion and the other is conscious shitposting. whatever though, i'm not saying you can't post however you want but it just bothers me. fucking hell i know i try not to take the forums seriously but honestly i can't even be bothered with how terrible some stuff is and what the mods choose to lock and not lock.

Well they barely lock anything or ban anyone nowadays, and I think youre taking what im doing and the forums far too seriously. If you take it less seriously im pretty sure you will enjoy it more. Also there seems to be a lot more deliberate shitposters recently, im not helping at all but ive always done it so whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 19:40:33

What a fun way to derail a thread

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 19:53:06

This word "screamo" I don't think it means what you think it means.

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 20:16:00

At 10/28/12 07:53 PM, doods91 wrote: This word "screamo" I don't think it means what you think it means.

This. If you want to have a club for the screamo genre (Alesana, Silverstein, Underoath, The Used, Alexisonfire, Escape the Fate, etc.) I recommand you start a new club with a new introduction post.

If you are interrested in Metal music, we have the Metal Hell right here on Newgrounds.

Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-28 20:31:04

guys, guys... Have a hug and get some beers together. Everything is gonna be okay.

At 10/27/12 11:18 PM, Poopwardo wrote: Screamo
Deathmetal & Deathcore

wut

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature