New Topic Respond to this Topic
Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-31 20:39:31 Reply

At 10/31/12 08:19 PM, jAvAcOlA wrote: If you want to play the game you're playing, I can sit here and say that it takes a hell of a lot of talent to be a great singer, and those bands simply can't do that.

Believe it or not, properly screaming/growling/whatever such that the vocalist doesn't damage his voice is somewhat difficult. It may not sound good to you, possibly because you're simply not used to it (I used to hate those vocals myself,) but that doesn't make it bad.

Once again, there's no point to us arguing this. It's like arguing religion, there's no right answer. You all are probably the same people who think rap is just "monkeys making noise".

I know I don't feel that way about rap. I don't personally like it but respect it much of the time. I doubt most of us hate rap either.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-10-31 22:15:01 Reply

At 10/31/12 08:19 PM, jAvAcOlA wrote: And it's nearly impossible to make out what they're saying. Say all you want about how well they play there instruments (which I agree, most of the time they are better in that department), they lack an entire phase of music...vocals.

I cant agree with any of that. I listen to a lot of music with no vocals or foreign vocals, and I cant understand why some people need understandable vocals or vocals at all in a song to enjoy it. I find the reasoning a lot of people give as to why they need vocals very shallow or just silly. For example, these people seem to be enjoying this instrumental a lot at this concert.

If you want to play the game you're playing, I can sit here and say that it takes a hell of a lot of talent to be a great singer, and those bands simply can't do that.

I dont see what youre getting at other than saying the obvious

Once again, there's no point to us arguing this. It's like arguing religion, there's no right answer. You all are probably the same people who think rap is just "monkeys making noise".

I have no idea what you are on about + whats wrong with rapping?

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 00:29:48 Reply

At 10/31/12 06:07 PM, jAvAcOlA wrote: This is incredibly hypocritical. Yes, not liking certain music is fine. It becomes narrow-minded when you say things like "its called having taste". You can argue this all day, there isn't one type of music that's better than another. People like what they like, just get over it and don't be such a tool pushing your beliefs on other people.

Believeing that subjectivism is the only good approach to music and arts is also narrow-minded. The idea that everything is worth the exact same thing and that the only people who can judge of the quality of something is the individual itself is an ideology. Mallcore, post-hardcore, dubstep and the likes are commercial genres. They are over-produced generic forms or so called art. They fail miserably as their prime obective isn't located in artistic goals but rather in economical goals. What do you call something that is made only for the purpose of gaining monetary capital ? A consumption product, nothing else.

KieranNG
KieranNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 01:37:35 Reply

Meal elitists are so adorable.
Please have some decency and go back to your shitty and let some of the few music appreciators here have a conversation. Maybe come back when/if your taste in/overall attitude toward music matures a little bit.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 01:59:21 Reply

At 11/1/12 01:37 AM, KieranNG wrote: Meal elitists are so adorable.
Please have some decency and go back to your shitty and let some of the few music appreciators here have a conversation. Maybe come back when/if your taste in/overall attitude toward music matures a little bit.

Damn, you post is unreadable. Stop being so hypocritical. We are very open-minded in many ways. Far more than you are, good sir. Because you obviously didn't read most of the posts in the discussion. I love metal music and I displayed in a previous post that I have very diversified tastes. Your point is invalid.

jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 02:20:59 Reply

At 10/31/12 10:15 PM, BumFodder wrote: I cant agree with any of that. I listen to a lot of music with no vocals or foreign vocals, and I cant understand why some people need understandable vocals or vocals at all in a song to enjoy it. I find the reasoning a lot of people give as to why they need vocals very shallow or just silly. For example, these people seem to be enjoying this instrumental a lot at this concert.

Music doesn't need vocals. Music also doesn't need instrumentals.

I dont see what youre getting at other than saying the obvious

That instrumentals aren't the only thing that matters.

I have no idea what you are on about + whats wrong with rapping?

Nothing is wrong with rapping. It furthers my point that vocal ability (flow in this case) is a big part of music and shouldn't be overlooked. I can't tell you how many times I've seen metal elitists bash rap and say it isn't real music, that's all.

jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 02:24:11 Reply

At 11/1/12 12:29 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Believeing that subjectivism is the only good approach to music and arts is also narrow-minded. The idea that everything is worth the exact same thing and that the only people who can judge of the quality of something is the individual itself is an ideology. Mallcore, post-hardcore, dubstep and the likes are commercial genres. They are over-produced generic forms or so called art. They fail miserably as their prime obective isn't located in artistic goals but rather in economical goals. What do you call something that is made only for the purpose of gaining monetary capital ? A consumption product, nothing else.

At the end of the day, we listen to music for pleasure. What the hell does it matter as long as it is doing that?

And by the way, what you're saying about post-hardcore being fueled by money is just completely wrong. There is NO money in that genre. Even the biggest bands in the genre don't make shit.

jAvAcOlA
jAvAcOlA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 02:39:00 Reply

Rummy0, can you give me a few examples of songs that you are referring to as the talentless mallcore or whatever? Just so I can get a better idea of where we stand.

Tobi
Tobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 06:22:23 Reply

my fav screamo song! :D

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 13:52:59 Reply

At 11/1/12 12:55 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Ok actually here's a comparison:

Wow lol you must have been doing that for ages

ALSO COME ON STEAM NOW

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-01 19:09:18 Reply

At 11/1/12 02:24 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote: At the end of the day, we listen to music for pleasure. What the hell does it matter as long as it is doing that?

Limiting arts to a lousy entertainment is retarded. Art is deeply connected with political and sociological aspects or our societies. Especially modern and contemporary arts. Intellectuals in various fields of study research arts in it's various aspects. No, art is not just about consumption. Listening to music is not like drinking a Coke.

And by the way, what you're saying about post-hardcore being fueled by money is just completely wrong. There is NO money in that genre. Even the biggest bands in the genre don't make shit.

They are well-know. Not a Lady Gaga well-known, but if scene kids with no kind of musical and artistical background know about these bands it's because they have a visibility

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-02 10:11:12 Reply

At 11/1/12 07:09 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/1/12 02:24 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote: At the end of the day, we listen to music for pleasure. What the hell does it matter as long as it is doing that?
Limiting arts to a lousy entertainment is retarded. Art is deeply connected with political and sociological aspects or our societies. Especially modern and contemporary arts. Intellectuals in various fields of study research arts in it's various aspects. No, art is not just about consumption. Listening to music is not like drinking a Coke.

Yeah exactly. Some musical artists are like picasso or leonardo da vinci, some of them are like the 5 year old who just learned how to hold a paint brush. You can say its all opinion, but at the end of the its fairly obvious to most people who is utter shite and who is amazing.

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-02 11:56:56 Reply

You guys bashed the band so much it actually killed the vocalist. Tisk, Tisk.

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in crash.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-02 13:57:23 Reply

At 10/29/12 04:25 PM, Poopwardo wrote: I myself understand screamo and don't need a newgrounds troll to tell me otherwise. I have been doing it myself for a year and screamo is a vocal technique and NOT a genre. There are metal bands that don't even have screamo in them. So chill yourself.

you just said earlier in this thread, "this club is for all fans of that distorted vocal technique in metal that we call screamo!"

you started the thread off wrong, and you're just making yourself even more wrong.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
Poopwardo
Poopwardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-04 23:39:13 Reply

Alright. So appearently Screamo is a sub genre of music. Well when I was using the term "Screamo" I was thinking of the distorted vocals such as fry screaming, death growl, etc. But we all grow up listening to the music we listen to. And over time we listen to new music that just seams like crap to us. This is similar to adults, how they think that our modern music is crap. Although some of you guys are adults, and I can respect that. I like listening to Mallcore bands & I checked out some of the classic metal bands you posted & they actually sounded pretty fucking bad ass. And who said rap was bad? I like rap. :P

Firin mah lazer.....
blaaa....eehhh.......

BBS Signature
KieranNG
KieranNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-05 02:50:22 Reply

There we go.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-05 09:35:12 Reply

At 11/4/12 11:39 PM, Poopwardo wrote: Alright. So appearently Screamo is a sub genre of music.

Thats what everyones been saying the whole thread. I dont understand how you could have only just figured it out. I thought it was common knowledge too but obviously not.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-10 03:58:38 Reply

Don't have a lot to contribute, but

That one album I just fucking listen to over and over and can't get enough- A Skylit Drive : She Watched the Sky

Their first ep was just so damn great.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-10 04:01:18 Reply

At 11/10/12 03:58 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Don't have a lot to contribute, but

That one album I just fucking listen to over and over and can't get enough- A Skylit Drive : She Watched the Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISz2t5XilbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbX1CwY9Ojo&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vec-UwCNIXw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIs9qegeOLY&feature=relmfu

For myself to listen while I browse.

BBS Signature
RedBrigade
RedBrigade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Screamo Club 2012-11-11 03:55:04 Reply

At 10/27/12 11:18 PM, Poopwardo wrote: Welcome to the Screamo club. This club is for those who are interested in the distorted vocals which is known as Screamo. Screamo is a vocal technique commonly found in most metal bands. Example of screamo are Fry Screaming, Pig Squeeling, Death Growling, False Chords & Inhale. My favorite bands are Asking Alexandria, Capture the Crown, Blessed by a Burden, Emarosa & Whitechapel. I can produce inhale screamo & Fry screaming (exhale).

Good song examples ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRNAkbVoXA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJ3i8IAico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkjfaV9k8Q

Requirements ~
Must have a interest in screamo.
Must have respect for rock & metal bands.
Must have a understanding for screamo.
Must have one favorite screamo band. :3

Rules ~
No Disrespect
No Flaming/ Fighting
No Hating

Format ~
Your name
Your favorite screamo band(s)
Your favorite screamo song(s)
Your favorite screamo genre(s)
Your favorite screamo technique(s)
Can you produce screamo?
Are you in a screamo band?
Something else interesting about yourself.

Example ~
Name: Kyle
Favorite Band: Emarosa
Favorite Song: Armageddon
Favorite Genre: Deathmetal & Deathcore
Favorite Technique: Fry Screaming
Scream Vocalist: Yes
Current Band: N/A
About me: I like turtles

its funny how punk is starting to tranform into sreamo
Name:Matt
Favorite Band: Memphis may fire
Favorite Song: The Sinner
Favorite Genre: Punk and Da metal
Favorite technique: whatever sounds good
Scream Vocalist: YEP
Current Band: N/A
About me: I play the guitar for my band and i do the screaming lol

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Screamo Club 2012-12-27 10:02:21 Reply

At 11/10/12 03:58 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Don't have a lot to contribute, but

I think you guys will like Chunk, No Captian Chunk.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Screamo Club 2012-12-28 04:43:48 Reply

i love screamo my favorite screamo band is coldplay

everyone's least favorite shitposter
grindr page

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-12-28 15:40:42 Reply

At 12/28/12 04:43 AM, JulesGatz wrote: i love screamo my favorite screamo band is coldplay

mine is the lighthouse family

Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2012-12-30 00:18:10 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9aJCzBVPs

Comadre.

Get on my level

I'm friends with the owned of the DIY label so I got the record early.

BBS Signature
InnerChild548
InnerChild548
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Screamo Club 2013-01-01 06:32:16 Reply

my favorite screamo band is definitely vampire weekend

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx