00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ever get sad beating a game?

4,127 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 08:10:41

So I was playing Monster Hunter (PS2) and I finally get to the last quest. Kill a Rathalos and a Rathian. I had heard from my brother that the beasts were from the online quests, which were more powerful than the usual. I stocked up on anything I could that would help me. From herbs to ancient potions, I was fucking READY. I was nervous the whole time, but I was determined to beat this on my first try. After a long and harsh battle, with luck against me, I finally killed the Rathalos. Unfortunately, I only had a potion and 10 herbs left, and I didn't bring blue mushrooms.(fuck!) So now all I had to do was kill the Rathian. A battle commences, and I faint two times. By the time the Rathian is nearly dead, I have 1 herb, and a great sword as sharp as a butter knife. The Rathian charges me, but I dodge. As it turns its head to attack again, I decide to risk it and get a hit on it. My blade bounces off of its head twice. That's all it took. I see the cinematic camera view of it dying. I then feel a massive sense of regret. My 500+ hour journey was over, the last quest is completed, and there was no point in playing this game anymore.

So what's your story?

It took me an hour to make this signature. You bastards better appreciate it.

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 10:34:13

Yes but that usually means I'm bored.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 11:15:12

metal gear solid 3, I guess

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 11:16:43

Sometimes. That only happens when it's my favorite game of a series or it's the last game of the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 11:29:17

I often get sad when I beat games. But only when they have a good story.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 15:46:41

At 10/8/12 11:15 AM, MentalMyles wrote: metal gear solid 3, I guess

Yeah, that's a real tearjerker.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 16:56:29

Mother 3

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 17:57:45

when they are super fun and im in the last level.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 18:10:18

Well, I get kinda bummed out sometimes when I get to the point where I've done everything.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 18:18:19

Red Dead Redemption, I cried, I wished I never finished it

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 18:41:32

GTA IV. I didn't want Niko's story to end so soon.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 18:43:26

<spoilers>

The ending to Mother 3 is sad as fuck. The part where Flint finds out about Hinawa is even more sad than the ending.

</spoilers>

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 20:17:10

At 10/8/12 06:18 PM, zttvs wrote: Red Dead Redemption, I cried, I wished I never finished it

I already knew about the ending before I beat it, but I was still really annoyed. It's also annoying that when you replay missions, you don't have all of the weapons. I mean, I beat the game. Let me use whatever weapon I want.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 21:06:45

Happens to me all the time, mostly because I realize I will never experience that game for the first time ever again.

Happened to me in Chrono Trigger, Ico, Lunar, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon/Dark Souls, Final Fantasy tactics, Donkey Kong Country, etc

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-08 21:40:50

Mass Effect 3. (Bandwagon.)
It's not that I hate the ending, but it's that I hate the lack on continuity. I love these characters so much, and I never get a GOOD account as to what happens to them. The series tried to go out with a bang, but it was more of a wet fart noise.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-09 02:37:51

I remember beating Super Mario World the first time. It was the first game I ever completed at the time, and I was so excited that I finally beat Bowser.

Then I got the message saying Mario's adventure is over. I don't know why, but that just made me feel empty inside. It's actually over?

Then the credits started rolling by and showing the enemies encountered during the game. Each enemy I saw back memories of all the good and bad times I had. Memories of staying up late trying to beat that castles, getting pissed of at those stupid sleepy fish, having fun flying with the cape. All of these moments have come to an end.... the adventure is over. I guess I learned that everything must come to an end, no matter how good it is. You work so hard at finishing a game, and you don't realize how much fun you had until you completed it. And then you are just sad that its over.

Even to this day, the credits song makes me tear up a little.

Ever get sad beating a game?

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-09 09:14:03

At 10/8/12 11:16 AM, xXRedNinjaXx wrote: Sometimes. That only happens when it's my favorite game of a series or it's the last game of the series.

That or you know the chances of a sequel being made is not that certain.

Psychonauts...

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-09 14:21:08

To The Moon made me cry.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 09:05:06

Not sad, just bummed out.
Pinobee was the first game I ever beat, and I got the bad ending, not knowing the game had multiple endings.
Also Drawn to Life the Next Chapter was all around a depressing(ly bad) game.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 09:34:53

Last time I remember this happening was The Darkness 2. It was such an awesome game with a story that made me play it almost non-stop. And another game I remember was Half Life 2 Episode 2.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 12:31:16

Anytime I ever finish a tales game because it means I won't get to see the awesome characters do anything more and the story is done.

I was joyed when I found out about tales of symphonia 2 for example because I got to continue the story from one of my most enjoyed games. Of course though that game sadly didn't come close to matching the awesomeness of the 1st game but it was still good and had a nice ending that made you want more still.

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 14:50:07

Gears of war 3 made me feel a little sorry for marcus.

my sig has fighters in it bitches

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 19:28:31

At 10/10/12 06:32 AM, StarPaladin wrote: Metro 2033.
It's so beautiful.

That has more than one ending, right?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 19:54:31

At 10/9/12 03:18 PM, TheCrimsonWidow wrote:
At 10/9/12 02:21 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: To The Moon made me cry.
Honestly, I never played that game.

Its a indie game where you play as scientist trying to help a old man named johnny go to the moon. You can only achieve this by using a machine to reconfigure his memories. The ending made me cry as well.....oohh good why

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 20:07:12

Kingdom Hearts 2.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-10 23:13:54

Kingdom Hearts. I didn't want it to end.

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-14 12:17:34

I'm not sure if I've ever put 500+ hours into any game except Oblivion or Skyrim, but the Portal games always left me wanting so much more even after the short hours I spent with them. Portal 2 was just fantastic. I want to be in that world.

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-14 15:51:19

Saints Row: The Third, though it was more of a "what, was that it? Oh okay.." than actually being upset. The game was so bloody short and easy. Same with Fable II.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-14 18:03:54

I think I did a few times. Also, upon finishing a game 100%, I would raise a glass of whatever beverage I had in honour to it.

I can always just play it again later, so it's not that bad.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Ever get sad beating a game? 2012-10-17 17:32:31

At 10/14/12 03:51 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Same with Fable II.

one of the worst endings ever.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature