New Topic Respond to this Topic
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Saints Row: The Third, though it was more of a "what, was that it? Oh okay.." than actually being upset. The game was so bloody short and easy. Same with Fable II.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

I think I did a few times. Also, upon finishing a game 100%, I would raise a glass of whatever beverage I had in honour to it.

I can always just play it again later, so it's not that bad.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 03:51 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Same with Fable II.

one of the worst endings ever.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 2. It seemed way too short.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick
Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Tankdown
Tankdown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

All games when young made me sad. Playing the characters, earning the rewards, and coming to a end. What does it all amount to? Well the ending tells you what it amounts too (duh), but myself and others (it seems) thinks it should amount to much more. What about the characters success, life, or in other cases death? In one game a character falls in love, with someone else instead of his life long friend. Then they die together at the end and life long friends ends up crying. How about in another, when a enemy turns out to be a brother, who'll you never see again.

Deep down I feel bad for the ending of games, same as for the ending of books, or life. That's what it is, a death of a story, a death of process, the death. Does it continue after the end? If not, the end seems pointless.

Course a game is fictional, which is why I can still walk away from it. Still the morals...

One of my favorite scenes in the gaming world is in final fantasy. When Rydia forgives Ceecil.

My logic has a tendency of getting me getting stuck in the middle.

Tyler9
Tyler9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

you can't do anything after you beat the game, it is sad. :( This also is a problem when i watch TV shows on netflix...i get to the end and BOOM! Have to look for another show.

WillCo
WillCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

Dark Souls. Makes you feel some tragic depression if you paid attention to some of the lore.

FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM Reply

My 2 moments of depression form games came from Final fantasy IX (thats 9 I think >.<) and Mass Effect 2.

The first I'm not even going to say it was because I was young even remebering it brings a little tear to my eye. Never the less rather than assuming everone has played here is the clip.... and it happens in the first disk!

Side note it doesn't show the Black mages going to save Vivi if you played you know exsactly what this is from)

http://youtu.be/UqMkKZj1OO0

The other was completly and utterly my fault. (fair warning spoilers ahead if you still haven't played and plan on playin ME2)

In the suicide mission I only lost one person. It however was litterally the only damn character I liked. Thane Krios. I can't explain it but out of all the characters he seemed the most real to me. After finishing the game I rage quit mass effect 2. Didn't play it multiple times like I do with any game with more than one ending. Put the disk back in the case and let it rot. Here is the shitty part though. In the span that I moved (3 times the past year give or take a month or two) I lost disk 2, so the entire game is useless to me and apperently he appears again (if he lived) in ME3.... <Insert extra rage here>

EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Beating the Uncharted games made me sad. Those games are fantastic in many ways. Those games are an adventure.

pazur1399
pazur1399
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 04:23 AM Reply

Well, I just hate when any great story ends, I always want more.
Do I feeel sad? I usually feel sad bwecause I know there will be nothing more about my favorite characters and nothing more about lore of this game/book.
About games what caused me to be most sad, I think it was Portal 2, Mass Efffect 3 and maybe TES Series.
Books? I think nearly every book I read makes me sad at ending.

Pineapple!

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Ever get sad beating a game? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 10/8/12 06:18 PM, zttvs wrote: Red Dead Redemption, I cried, I wished I never finished it

so pissed i asked someone what the ending was before i finished it. would've made it way sadder.

i still haven't gone through undead nightmare though, it's just sitting there with half an hours play time.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature