00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gimp Vs Paint.net

6,979 Views | 14 Replies

Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:27:54

Which do you prefer and why?

I like Paint.net because it's simple to use, has a lot of good addons, and has a user friendly UI.

What about you?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:31:22

Not that I'm an artist, but I have tried both, and I do like Paint.net better. GIMP is alright I guess, but it does have some issues with the locations of the little gadgets or whatever you call them. The brushes show up in a different window from the colors, or at least it did the last time I used it. I would need to see the most recent version to pass real judgement on it, but that is my opinion from my memory.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:32:26

Fireworks all the way

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:32:36

Gimp I guess. I use it a lot to edit pictures.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:32:37

GIMP. It's the only one I really used that much. I have Paint.net installed but I'm not used to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:35:14

GIMP is more like PS, while I see Paint.Net as a upgraded MS Paint.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:35:18

I tried Paint.net and just couldn't get into it, so I deleted it and stuck with GIMP. I'm fairly capable of using GIMP very well now, so I have very little to complain about it, aside from slow start-up times.

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:35:48

Paint.NET is so user friendly it's unreal. I really enjoy it. Really easy and quality for quick edits.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 21:54:27

Gimp has to be the shittiest program I have ever used. Not gimp.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 22:00:03

At 9/22/12 09:35 PM, froggerfreak wrote: GIMP is more like PS, while I see Paint.Net as a upgraded MS Paint.

MS paint is horrible,

Paint.net has most of photoshops core features and those it doesn't can be added with addons.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 22:05:54

I'm taking a gimp class, which makes more familiar with gimp. Though most of it is a repeat of what I know.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-22 22:28:27

Ipaint.net cause Its easy to use.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-26 22:02:57

Gimp is objectively more useful, but Paint.Net is easier to use. When I have installed Photoshop type skins on top of Gimp it tends to make the placement of icons more logical and the whole program easier to use and then I use it more then Paint.Net. Also, for advanced photo and graphic manipulation Paint.Net is not very useful at all. For those reasons I would have to say Gimp, even though Paint.Net is a better program for what it does.

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-27 05:17:17

I am so used to use Gimp and only heard of Paint.NET recently as like 2 years ago, I am not a graphic designer tough so I don't think Paint.NET would benefit me, I use Gimp merely as a free alternative to microsoft paint, use it to make some video games sprites/textures and other misc shit nothing advanced and so far Gimp has satisfied me, I never tried Paint.NET so I can't compare it to Gimp.

Response to Gimp Vs Paint.net 2012-09-27 07:23:42

Paint.net, it's so friendly and good (except when you have to rotate or change the size of something).
It would be nice if microsoft changes MS paint with Paint.net.

A wild lurker appeared!