00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm '12: Round 4

10,339 Views | 70 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 19:55:44

And so, I present to you the Round 4 thread of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch (NGADM). Never heard of the NGADM? Go here. Signing up isn't advisable, considering the Sign Ups closed over a month ago. This thread the end of Round 3 and the beginning of Round 4.

The scores list below contains a list of all the pairings of Round 3, each judge's score on the individual submissions, and the winner of the pairing. The general overall quality of submissions was again higher than that of the previous rounds and the judges found it tough to give low scores. RetromanOMG vs Kor-Rune was the closest matchup that could ever possibly occur in a 6-judge NGADM unless judges start scoring in two decimal places, too! The judges had an extraordinarily long debate on who of those two should pass.

After those scores are handed out, during the 2 weeks of Round 4, the judges will be working on posting reviews on your submissions' Newgrounds pages. These reviews will explain the scores you were given and will appear whenever the judges finish them (some are already finished!), so keep an eye out for the incoming reviews!

But first, rules:

1.) Do NOT ask why you were given a particular score in this thread. The review will be posted on your song in due time. If you've got something to say to a particular judge, do it via PM.

2.) Please wait until everything is posted before posting yourself. By everything, I mean results and pairings. It may take up more than one post.

3.) Any Round 4 submissions go in this thread. Do not use older threads.

4.) PMs will be sent notifying everyone of this thread. If you have already seen this thread and then receive a PM, disregard what it says in the PM.

5.) Read the RULES again. You never know, you might have missed something.

Also, thanks to camoshark for taking up the role of compiling an ongoing song listand Artist-Lost once again for making the fantastic logo you see below. Seriously, check out his art and favourite the living hell out of it. He's a really talented artist.

Also, thanks to Breed, Step, Buoy, BrokenDeck, Back-From-Purgatory and SkyeWintrest for working very hard on judging your submissions. Remember, more backup judges are needed, preferably with some experience in music, so contact Step for that!

And now, the results! Remember, don't post till everything is posted!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 19:57:18

Group 01: Waterflame vs MainStreamBeats

- Waterflame
--- Step - 9.5
--- Breed - 7
--- BrokenDeck - 9
--- Buoy - 8.7
--- Back-From-Purgatory - 7.5
--- SkyeWintrest - 6.5
AVERAGE: 8.03

- MainStreamBeats
--- Step - 9
--- Breed - 6
--- BrokenDeck - 5
--- Buoy - 8.3
--- Back-From-Purgatory - 7
--- SkyeWintrest - 5.5
AVERAGE: 6.80

====================
WINNER: Waterflame
====================

Group 02: camoshark vs BlazingDragon

- BlazingDragon
--- Step - 8
--- Breed - 7.5
--- BrokenDeck - 8
--- Buoy - 9.3
--- Back-From-Purgatory - 8.5
--- SkyeWintrest - 8.5
AVERAGE: 8.30

- camoshark
--- Step - 8
--- Breed - 6.5
--- BrokenDeck - 9
--- Buoy - 9
--- Back-From-Purgatory - 8
--- SkyeWintrest - 7
AVERAGE: 7.91

====================
WINNER: BlazingDragon
====================

Group 03: Kor-Rune vs RetromanOMG

- Kor-Rune
--- Step - 8
--- Breed - 7
--- BrokenDeck - 6
--- Buoy - 9.3
--- SkyeWintrest - 8
AVERAGE: 7.72

- RetromanOMG
--- Step - 7.5
--- Breed - 5.5
--- BrokenDeck - 9
--- Buoy - 8.7
--- SkyeWintrest - 7.5
AVERAGE: 7.70

====================
WINNER: Kor-Rune
====================

Group 04: TroisNyxEtienne vs Bosa

- TroisNyxEtienne
--- Step - 8
--- Breed - 5.5
--- BrokenDeck - 8
--- Buoy - 8
--- Back-From-Purgatory - 7.5
--- SkyeWintrest - 8
AVERAGE: 7.50

- Bosa
--- Step - :(
--- Breed - :(
--- BrokenDeck - :(
--- Buoy - :(
--- Back-From-Purgatory - :(
--- SkyeWintrest - :(
AVERAGE: :(

====================
WINNER: TroisNyxEtienne
====================

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 19:59:48

WINNERS:
01.) Waterflame
02.) Kor-Rune
03.) BlazingDragon
04.) TroisNyxEtienne

PAIRINGS:
TroisNyxEtienne vs Waterflame
Kor-Rune vs BlazingDragon

--

If you made it through, congratulations and good luck in Round 4! If you didn't, then at least find some small minuscule sort of comfort in the fact that making it this far is a very impressive achievement. If you spot any mistakes above, please let me know because I was considerably drunk when I wrote this.

Also, I'd like to stress not to ask for reviews or ask/complain about why you got a particular score in this thread. Back-From-Purgatory is watching every move very closely, and will delete any posts that violate the rules.

And that's it! Posting can now commence. Kthxbai.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:09:08

At 9/21/12 07:59 PM, Echo wrote: If you spot any mistakes above, please let me know because I was considerably drunk when I wrote this.

My score for Bosa was considerably harsher.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:09:43

At 9/21/12 07:59 PM, Echo wrote: TroisNyxEtienne vs Waterflame

I knew this day would come...
I promise I'll give the best that I have.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:15:48

At 9/21/12 08:09 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I knew this day would come...

I didn't. I thought I'd never make it past the top 16 when this whole thing started up. Good luck everyone. I'm REALLY excited to hear what you all come up with!

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:17:15

At 9/21/12 08:15 PM, BlazingDragon wrote:
At 9/21/12 08:09 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I knew this day would come...
I didn't. I thought I'd never make it past the top 16 when this whole thing started up. Good luck everyone. I'm REALLY excited to hear what you all come up with!

I didn't expect to be in Round 4 like that, but I just knew that I would face Waterflame at some point.... it was a gut feeling. That I advanced to Round 4 was unexpected in and of itself, but......

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:20:02

twas a good run

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:22:05

At 9/21/12 08:17 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I didn't expect to be in Round 4 like that, but I just knew that I would face Waterflame at some point.... it was a gut feeling. That I advanced to Round 4 was unexpected in and of itself, but......

I was hoping to escape a match with Kor-Rune as long as possible, but it looks like my luck has run out. I'm going to have to put in my absolute best to have any hope of moving forward.

Trois, l want to face you in the next round. Let's do our best to make that happen. ^_^

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:29:27

At 9/21/12 08:22 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: I'm going to have to put in my absolute best to have any hope of moving forward.

Trois, l want to face you in the next round. Let's do our best to make that happen. ^_^

I promise, I will. And I know you will. I don't know what the turnout is going to be, considering I'm the least of the four of us who made it through. Still -- for Bosa. We must do this.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:29:44

Welp, all good things come to an end, and this ending was pretty predictable, since the song I delivered this round was sub-par to my own standards.

I'm definitely happy to have come this far, and my adversary's track was definitely superior, so all around congratulations to all that made it.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:31:52

I'm still looking for a new plaything... Last one up and died on me.

Point bonus for surviving a week...

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:33:50

Dang, I just barely lost out. But, I'm not mad. It doesn't end for me at this contest; I've got tons of other projects I can't wait to get started on. This whole experience has been a great one, and I've learned so much. Next year, I'll be back, and I'll be better than ever.

And of course, best wishes to everyone I didn't get to go up against.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 20:42:05

Also let me point out to TroisNyxEtienne, BlazingDragon, Waterflame and Kor-Rune:

You've made it to Round 4; this means that you're guaranteed a frontpage and a forum sig. Whether the frrontpage spot and forum sig are 1st, 2nd or 3rd depends on who wins the remaining rounds!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:11:30

Is Camoshark going to be our template-keeper as he was in the previous round, or is someone else going to do this? o.O

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:13:30

At 9/21/12 09:11 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Is Camoshark going to be our template-keeper as he was in the previous round, or is someone else going to do this? o.O

I don't mind keeping track, since I'll be listening to each track anyways, but if someone else wants to do it I can send them the text code.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:14:56

At 9/21/12 09:13 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 9/21/12 09:11 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Is Camoshark going to be our template-keeper as he was in the previous round, or is someone else going to do this? o.O
I don't mind keeping track, since I'll be listening to each track anyways, but if someone else wants to do it I can send them the text code.

Please do keep track! I speak for myself -- I don't think I'd be able to handle template keeping at this moment, given my limited internet connectivity (I have to go to the uni library to go online, and that means composing offline... My house has no internet connexion for now).

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:20:45

don't hand it to someone else, that task is cursed i tell ya, everyone who does it loses

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:28:12

At 9/21/12 09:20 PM, Buoy wrote:
don't hand it to someone else, that task is cursed i tell ya, everyone who does it loses

You must understand... the ring is my burden. It will destroy you. Only I can bear it, for I am already dead.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-21 21:41:14

At 9/21/12 08:22 PM, BlazingDragon wrote:
I was hoping to escape a match with Kor-Rune as long as possible, but it looks like my luck has run out. I'm going to have to put in my absolute best to have any hope of moving forward.

I didn't wanna go up against you either, BD.. :C You won't even need your best, I promise.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-22 03:04:59

OHMYGERD! i honestly did not expect this :D !
I am so exited now! :O:O

GG mainstream.

Me to! good luck! this will be hard :O

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-22 09:26:29

Is it just me or is a remix between "Lord of the Rings" and "Final Countdown" totally playing right now?

This is gonna get epic! Best of luck to all four of you- simply amazing work on all parts so far!

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-22 18:52:43

At 9/22/12 03:04 AM, Waterflame wrote: OHMYGERD! i honestly did not expect this :D !
I am so exited now! :O:O

GG mainstream.

Me to! good luck! this will be hard :O

All the best to you too. <3 This is not the best point for me to write songs of any kind, but if this song should be a reflexion of what is inside me, so it shall be.

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-23 03:19:54

At 9/22/12 06:52 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: All the best to you too. <3 This is not the best point for me to write songs of any kind, but if this song should be a reflexion of what is inside me, so it shall be.

*reflection

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-23 10:03:35

At 9/23/12 03:19 AM, Echo wrote:
At 9/22/12 06:52 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: All the best to you too. <3 This is not the best point for me to write songs of any kind, but if this song should be a reflexion of what is inside me, so it shall be.
*reflection

I know the original spelling; I tend to use archaisms.... : (

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 13:00:24

Pardon the double post, but... Just out of curiosity, how's everyone doing with the submissions?
Admittedly, I am excited, because we're at the semis after all. XD

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 13:02:05

At 9/25/12 01:00 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Pardon the double post, but... Just out of curiosity, how's everyone doing with the submissions?

Mine's almost done, thanks for asking.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 13:03:37

At 9/25/12 01:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/25/12 01:00 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Pardon the double post, but... Just out of curiosity, how's everyone doing with the submissions?
Mine's almost done, thanks for asking.

Why you :P

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 14:38:19

I've decided on the genre and today I write the A section. Things are on track for me. :)

Response to Ngadm '12: Round 4 2012-09-25 14:38:29

Mine IS done. It's on the front page. :D Wait, no, that's the submission I wanted to put in the last round.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature